Ant problem after service

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005 | 12:59 PM
Instructor

Ant problem after service

Hi,

I recently took my car into the dealership after someone hit my rear driver door. They did a good job fixing the damage, but I noticed I had some ants in the rear seat on the driver's side. I vacuumed, but they kept showing up. I finally lifted a floormat and there were hundreds of ants eating a piece of cake/doughnut? I threw the piece away, vacuumed again, figuring they would disappear.

I notified the service manager and he didn't seem to care much. I know for a fact, the food did not come from me because I rarely put anybody in the back seat and more imporantly, I never eat in my car. I still have the ant problem and it's been a week. Any tips on what I should do? Thanks for the help!
Old 06-13-2005 | 01:07 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Is there a bug spray that doesn't smell like $hit? If so, get it.

Still trying to figure how they got in the car (that many) in the first place...I've known people with all kinds of food and $hit all over their cars for months and they never had/have bugs.

I wouldn't go back to that dealer for service, if possible, either...
Old 06-13-2005 | 06:25 PM
Suzuka Master

There are little plastic things...put them in yoru car...and the ants will go eat the food in there...when they take it back to the "mother" ant it poisons all of them... it took about a week and 5 of those in my house and i havnt seen them since (knock on wood) you can get them from liek target, home depot... kmart... even some drug stores hve them... i think they are made by raid...
Old 06-13-2005 | 09:24 PM
Instructor

Thanks for all the replies.
Old 06-14-2005 | 10:23 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Originally Posted by vikrampatel
There are little plastic things...put them in yoru car...and the ants will go eat the food in there...when they take it back to the "mother" ant it poisons all of them... it took about a week and 5 of those in my house and i havnt seen them since (knock on wood) you can get them from liek target, home depot... kmart... even some drug stores hve them... i think they are made by raid...

yep those and boric acid do the trick. We get ants bad this time of year for some strange reason and these are the only things that kill them and keep them from coming back.
Old 06-14-2005 | 06:03 PM
Dragging knees in

I'd be more worried about dead ant carcasses all over the car. Try the traps; you know, the ones that make the ants smell it and come in, and they get stuck on the sticky tape.
Old 06-15-2005 | 06:25 AM
Instructor

I put some plastic traps in there to make sure they all die and I will just try to vacuum the dead bodies. I found some of them carrying white "grains of rice" which I looked up on the internet and I discovered that they are eggs. Great, they are building a colony. So, I vacuumed everything I could see very thoroughly and placed a plastic Raid station in the car. So far, so good. I'll keep you guys updated if something occurs.
Old 06-16-2005 | 09:56 PM
Dragging knees in

Originally Posted by zalik22
I put some plastic traps in there to make sure they all die and I will just try to vacuum the dead bodies. I found some of them carrying white "grains of rice" which I looked up on the internet and I discovered that they are eggs. Great, they are building a colony. So, I vacuumed everything I could see very thoroughly and placed a plastic Raid station in the car. So far, so good. I'll keep you guys updated if something occurs.
Oh, that's just great.

Kill them bastards. You can't let them build a colony on your own territory.