Acura service sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 08:22 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura service sucks!

My car is under warranty and i had to have my drivers window regulator replaced...O.k...no problem there. I then had my windows tinted and i noticed rattles come from my door panel so i put some foam and tape under the door panel...rattles stopped....Well i had to take my car back in for the same window making a poping noise, they saw the foam and tape and told me that my warranty wouldnt pay for it to be fixed. They said that because I tappered with the window and door panel that i was a fault for the window poping. Oh and heres the best part....they are trying to charge me $85.00 for looking at the issue....Like I said acura service sucks (I do love my TL though)but I will never own another one.....

rlriddle
Old 03-12-2008, 08:40 PM
200,000 mile club

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by rlriddle
My car is under warranty and i had to have my drivers window regulator replaced...O.k...no problem there. I then had my windows tinted and i noticed rattles come from my door panel so i put some foam and tape under the door panel...rattles stopped....Well i had to take my car back in for the same window making a poping noise, they saw the foam and tape and told me that my warranty wouldnt pay for it to be fixed. They said that because I tappered with the window and door panel that i was a fault for the window poping. Oh and heres the best part....they are trying to charge me $85.00 for looking at the issue....Like I said acura service sucks (I do love my TL though)but I will never own another one.....

rlriddle

Thats the way it works, they saw it was tampered with so it's on your end. Had you left it alone, it would have been a different story. My wifes lexus has the dice unit for the ipod. One day nothing on the nav or radio system would work. I drove it to the dealer and they found the dice unit to be shorting it out. They charged me a half hour labor (I was lucky it wasn't more). That's what happens when people install things and those things fail. It wasn't there fault.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
its called cause and effect. If you were complaining of a starter noise they would not care about door and window mods, especially homemade fixes like yours
BUT---
Old 03-13-2008, 07:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
Does this help: http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/B07-006.PDF

or

http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/B06-031.PDF

Maybe try a different dealer?
Old 03-13-2008, 05:39 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 185 Likes on 131 Posts
Sounds to me like they had some justification for the charges. Some tint jobs are well known to be problematic. Not sure about the foam tape though. If it was not on a part that contacts the glass then they might have been a bit off base on that.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:44 PM
REDONDO RED

Maybe I am lucky, but the Acura dealer that I go to is fantastic. Having worked at dealerships before and working in a similar industry now, I know how some other dearlers work, and my experience with Acura service is top notch. I recently bought a Mercedes C350 Sport from a very reputable dealer and Acura has been just as good so far.

If I were you, I would ask to speak directly with the service manager and tell him or her about your concerns. It is there job to make it right. Be honest with them, and tell them you are pissed. Good luck bro.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
Originally Posted by Adobeman
Sounds to me like they had some justification for the charges. Some tint jobs are well known to be problematic. Not sure about the foam tape though. If it was not on a part that contacts the glass then they might have been a bit off base on that.
They are? And I didn't think the tint was the problem, but what he did.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:36 PM
King of NYC

Received 217 Likes on 154 Posts
Yeah you gotta be careful about whatever you mod and whatever you bring your car in to the dealer for. If they are related you should remove or reverse your mod to factory appearance and function. If you physically can't do that just close your eyes and hope they don't notice! Some dealers are more lenient about this than others.

BTW don't go for things that they will obviously slap you for like complaining about a leaky headlight if your headlights are cleared or complaining about your Navigation if you have a Dom's unit. Those mods have the consequence of voiding your warranty. If something goes wrong, you eat the costs. Welcome to the cost of modding 101.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:01 PM
10th Gear

Problem Solved

I called Acura directly and complained...they were more than happy to help me...I was honest and up front about putting the foam on the door panel to stop the rattles...they then called the dealership and then called me back and told me I could go and pic up my car. They took care of the window and didnt charge me a thing....Oh and by the way the window tint has nothing to do with a defected window regulator....! On another note...they gave me a 2007 tsx as a loaner...Boy I cant tell you how glad I was to get my TL back...I know they are not in the same class of car but there is no comparism between the two....

rlriddle