Acura Service Needs Service!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 09:46 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura Service Needs Service!

First, let me say I LOVE my TL. Sure, there are some shakes and rattles here and there but all in all it's a great car for the $$. No major mods here - just some blue door LED's , tint (30) and new Toyo Proxes to replace the EL42's I couldn't drive another NY winter on.

But....I have had my issues with the front seats wearing prematurely. Dealer gave me no argument when I asked that they replace my driver seat cover. Scheduled 2 weeks out. Brought car in and swapped for a loaner TSX at 745 a.m. Asked them to look at a tear in the passenger map pocket and let me know how much upholstery shop would charge to repair. That afternoon I had to call them for status/tear estimate only to find my car would not be ready until the following day (translation? They had forgotten to order the seat cover initially), but that they would replace the door panel to fix the map pocket as "good faith". I realize the next night after getting home from picking up the car that they had neglected to replace the lens cover on the door light and today I find out that they never put the inside window runner back on either! I only found out because I had a friend who does tint taking a look at the scratched tint on my front windows. (Lesson learned!) This piece is the entire length of the window!!!!
Do I have to check every time I have service to make sure my car is put back together again??? Service has been contacted and they are now saying it will take "about a week" to get the part. I already told them NO APPT - they should call me and I will bring the car right in so they can prioritize the repair while I wait. While I'm there they can try to fix the brake squeaks AGAIN......

Sorry so long but I had to get this off my chest......
Old 11-03-2005, 10:51 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. I would suggest going to a service department ata different dealership. Hopefully some of the guys in your area can chime in and tell you which may be the best delearship to go to.

You should not have to check your care everytime to make sure that that they did a good and proper job.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:17 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by j9sstar
First, let me say I LOVE my TL. Sure, there are some shakes and rattles here and there but all in all it's a great car for the $$. No major mods here - just some blue door LED's , tint (30) and new Toyo Proxes to replace the EL42's I couldn't drive another NY winter on.

But....I have had my issues with the front seats wearing prematurely. Dealer gave me no argument when I asked that they replace my driver seat cover. Scheduled 2 weeks out. Brought car in and swapped for a loaner TSX at 745 a.m. Asked them to look at a tear in the passenger map pocket and let me know how much upholstery shop would charge to repair. That afternoon I had to call them for status/tear estimate only to find my car would not be ready until the following day (translation? They had forgotten to order the seat cover initially), but that they would replace the door panel to fix the map pocket as "good faith". I realize the next night after getting home from picking up the car that they had neglected to replace the lens cover on the door light and today I find out that they never put the inside window runner back on either! I only found out because I had a friend who does tint taking a look at the scratched tint on my front windows. (Lesson learned!) This piece is the entire length of the window!!!!
Do I have to check every time I have service to make sure my car is put back together again??? Service has been contacted and they are now saying it will take "about a week" to get the part. I already told them NO APPT - they should call me and I will bring the car right in so they can prioritize the repair while I wait. While I'm there they can try to fix the brake squeaks AGAIN......

Sorry so long but I had to get this off my chest......
Who's this dealer here in the NY area providing such service?
Old 11-03-2005, 11:53 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DMZ
Who's this dealer here in the NY area providing such service?
It's Smithtown Acura in St. James. The scheduled maintenance they have done (limited to oil changes at this point) has been quick and painless and everyone is a pleasure to deal with. I just want my precious TL back with all of it's parts. Not too much to ask right? Also - I would probably buy another car there because James in Sales was GREAT and no-nonsense to deal with. Can't be said for most salesMEN selling a car to a WOMAN.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:09 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

I would objectively document and report this to the Service Manager. If you keep the emotions out of it, and depict your concerns without being accusatory, you might get some results from this dealer before moving onto another.

Everyone screws up. But it is how they react to the screw ups may be the key in good service. If they know you expect this to be resolved, and they are not put on the defensive, they might go above and beyond, not just for resolving this instance, but for future service visits. This has also been my experience with various dealers and manufacturers. It actually has paid dividends for how I reacted to poor service, and gave them an opportunity to rectify.

Having been in customer service situations myself, I know sometimes the customer who had been done wrong, but remained human, was CERTAIN to be treated well thereafter.

I would give the the Service Manager a chance to do this before writing them off.

But, if you are not happy there, or there are many negative reports on this dealership...certainly move on. There are many good Acura delaers out there. Hopefully you will find one. Good Luck!