3G TL single seat bottoms are available

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 01:39 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
3G TL single seat bottoms are available

I have a 3G TL and the factory perforated vinyl ( that is not leather, leather does not crack and break ) was cracked and ripped. I came across YouTube vid for www.theseatshop.com and they were doing a removal & install tutorial for 05-08 TL drivers seat. I asked about '04 and they made the pattern from my seat, so now 2004 seat bottoms are available. You can buy just the seat bottom or the entire set for all seats (front & back). I had a full leather seat bottom made. It's like night and day. My new seat bottom before reinstalled.

That's all leather, factory color matching.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:41 AM
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
Can you share how much just the seat bottoms cost?
Old 10-01-2017, 09:32 AM
Advanced

Sure! The seat bottom starts at $209 for the leather/vinyl combo. The 2004 is not listed on the site, but, as you can see, it is available. The all leather version is going to be more expensive.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:25 AM
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
Thx for sharing this info. I picked up a 2006 a couple of weeks ago and the bottoms of the front seats were both trashed. Not knowing if I'm going to keep it for long and not wanting to put much money into an 11 year old car, I reviewed many threads on here with the hope of making them look decent again. A couple of people mentioned the faux leather Iggee seat covers and the best price I found was on Amazon for $150 (for both complete front seats):

Amazon Amazon

I ordered the two-tone tan/black ones like those pictured. The only thing I didn't like about the look was the all black backs for the upper portion of the seats, However, since only the bottom cushions were bad, I just installed those and I'm very pleased with the fit and look. I figure if the next owner wants to cover the whole seat, they can install the upper portion.

Yes, they are faux leather, and no, they are not perforated, but for $75 per seat you can't beat the price and they look 100x better than before. One last note for those considering the purchase: the tan portion of the two tone is an excellent color match with the rest of the seat. So much so that if I had to do it again, I might have gone with the all tan set.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:47 AM
Advanced

These are direct fit, not covers. They must be attached to the foam with hog rings. This is an upholstery replacement.
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (10-03-2017)
Old 10-01-2017, 08:00 PM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Very interesting. Thanks for the info. Seems like even an idiot like me could do this. I also found a video on the same site on re-freshening the seat foam. Ya learn something new everyday.

I'd be interested in knowing how closely the material matches the OEM material? I was following another thread in this section on replacement covers from a different vendor, and while they were close to OEM, one of the posters in that thread said there were small differences between the two (most notable were the size of the perforations).

MisterABdub, can you post pics of the seat covers side by side once you get the originals off and before you install the replacements? And post a pic or two after you get the seat done, that would be great too.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:49 AM
Advanced

I can post a pic of the installed cover. I didn't take pics of the old cover. They use vin number for the match in color. The perforations are identical to the original.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:32 AM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Well it looks like you can't order it for the Type-S models.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:39 AM

Received 16,263 Likes on 11,973 Posts
^have you tried www.leatherseats.com ?

i dont know what they offer, I just know previous members who bought and installed.