3G Acura TL trunk manual trunk release not working (trunk completely stuck)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 01:23 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3G Acura TL trunk manual trunk release not working (trunk completely stuck)

I've tried the driver side button and remote, while car was turned on and off. I've tried unplugging and plugging the trunk button's main switch power behind the glove box. I've tried the manual trunk release. I was able to pull the manual trunk release once to get it to pop open. after it was open, i applied some grease to the trunk latch then closed it again. as soon as i closed it, I was able to open the trunk with the remote just once. it was stuck again after that. now even the manual trunk release will not pop it open.

I called my local mechanic and he said he's never heard of the manual trunk release not working and is not sure how to get it out. I know I need to get the actuator replaced but since I can't even get the trunk open, the mechanic would have to charge me his time to figure out how to open the trunk.

does anyone have any suggestions? thanks.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:49 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got it working. I had to remove the rear seat, climb in the trunk and pop it open from the inside. Some little black plastic piece was out of place in the solenoid. It's working fine now after pushing it back in place.