2008 tl peace of s h * t

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008 | 02:53 PM
Pro

what acura dealer did you buy the car from in nyc?
Old 05-30-2008 | 02:55 PM
Not just another newbie!

Originally Posted by jimsta
Maybe the Op didn't know that the sound was not a good noise. But if he had it at the Acura Service department he purchased it from and they looked into it and stated that it was normal and expected...I honestly wouldn't go to another dealership(If i didn't know that paragon acura was infamous for a bad service dept)
I think we'll have to agree to disagree. I dont care WTF a mechanic tells me, a $35K car with less than 7K mi. ont the clock SHOULD NOT be knocking and flashing CELs, period. Even if it was a Chrysler the symptoms point to a major issue.
Old 05-30-2008 | 03:00 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

don5504 you mean to tell me you spend 35 grand on a brand new car and the same day u hear the motor knocking and you take it back the next day to hear whats that and they tell you we found nothen wrong with the car it mite be that the cars new and you get you 5k mile check and they tell you again nothens wrong and your brand new 35 grand car brakes down on you on the way home with 6k miles on it you wouldnt want a new car? bro no disrespect but you crazy.... my civic i crashed 3 times 1st time 5grand 2nd time 500 3rd time 11 grand not one problem with the motor... when you go to sell the car don5504 they not going to give you what the cars worth... come on man think
Old 05-30-2008 | 03:02 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

paragon acura queens, ny.........................
Old 05-30-2008 | 03:08 PM
Not just another newbie!

Originally Posted by ac08odl
don5504 you mean to tell me you spend 35 grand on a brand new car and the same day u hear the motor knocking and you take it back the next day to hear whats that and they tell you we found nothen wrong with the car it mite be that the cars new and you get you 5k mile check and they tell you again nothens wrong and your brand new 35 grand car brakes down on you on the way home with 6k miles on it you wouldnt want a new car? bro no disrespect but you crazy.... my civic i crashed 3 times 1st time 5grand 2nd time 500 3rd time 11 grand not one problem with the motor... when you go to sell the car don5504 they not going to give you what the cars worth... come on man think
Dude, you are going to have to try to form complete sentences. Your posts are almost impossible to read, let alone comprehend.

No need to speak like a stunna, nobody's impressed.
Old 05-30-2008 | 03:11 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

my father baught a pilot brand new back in 03 04 from paragon and the poilot came with a ripped leather seat and the dash was cut up due to them taking out the radio to put the tv rca behind it i guess and they wanted to fix the dash FIX and my father told them he wanted a new dash and they said no after the car just cam out the lot.... he sew them and won...
Old 05-30-2008 | 03:11 PM
Instructor

Isn't the knocking you described some of the issues that '07-08 TL and TLS owners are facing with their cars? I know there is a huge thread in the Problems and Fixes section on this site. Is that just an isolated problem or widespread?

I'm worried on purchasing a '08 TL-S because of this problem and the rear clunking sound in the suspension. There is no fix for the engine knocking sound and from what I've read this occurs either new or a few thousand miles down the road. I'm afraid the knocking will eventually lead to engine failure but Acura denies nothing is wrong?
Old 05-30-2008 | 03:12 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

sue******
Old 05-30-2008 | 03:14 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

they told me my v teck is blown.... and thats why it makes that noise... look lol clap you hands and pretend you are hitting the gas on your car and start clapping hard and fast lmao thats how my tl was and shaking and turned off 3 times while i was driving......
Old 05-30-2008 | 03:20 PM
Instructor

How much experience do any of you think that the Acura Dealer where he baught the car, and said that he didn't have a problem, has in rebuilding V-tech Engins. Most likley they will replace the egine. Now he has a brand new car with numbers on the VIN that dosn't match. How much does this decrease the value of the car? How much experience do you think that this dealership has in removing and reinstalling moters on a 4th gen TL? If they mate the engine to the trany wrong which is easy to do, guess what, time for a new tranny and another new engine. I would go accross town to a different Acura dealership and speak to the used car Manager. Tell him your situation and say that you want to have a brand new car, and ask him how much he will give you for your car. In doing this, you will find out the cost of your dealerships neglegence in not repairing your car correctly the first time you braught it in. Asking to talk to your mother is a dirty trick. Before I let the dealer try to sell my mother on how they want to fix the probllem and have my mother get swindled into something unfair, I would much rather spend a couple hundread $ to have my lawer talk to them.
Old 05-30-2008 | 03:21 PM
Not just another newbie!

they told me my v teck is blown.... and thats why it makes that noise... look lol clap you hands and pretend you are hitting the gas on your car and start clapping hard and fast lmao thats how my tl was and shaking and turned off 3 times while i was driving......
How did they diagnose that your "v teck was blown"? Over the phone? Do you even understand how VTEC works, or what it is for that matter?

I call BS on this whole thread. I think you have been out driving like a madman, beating the piss out of your car, with the stereo up so loud that you couldn't hear that your engine was begging for mercey, and now you want someone else to foot the bill.

Just my opinion.
Old 05-30-2008 | 03:21 PM
East Coast Crew

If VTEC was blown, then OP probably high revs his engine all the time. That means break in process was done poorly.
Old 05-30-2008 | 03:25 PM
Elegance

love the thread title...fortunately this doesn't happen to everyone.
Old 05-30-2008 | 03:30 PM
#ForcedInductionFamily

Please don't crash your TL like you've crashed your Civic. My insurance rates are high enough.
Old 05-30-2008 | 03:32 PM
Not just another newbie!

Originally Posted by visuelz
If VTEC was blown, then OP probably high revs his engine all the time. That means break in process was done poorly.
Would someone car to explain how you "blow VTEC", beacause in all my years of driving and modifying D, B, and now J series engines, I have never heard of such a thing.

If the break-in procedure was not done properly and the engine was continuously over-revved, then guess what, that knocking soud is probably a bent valve or two or ten. If t was somehow starved of oil, then it probably spun a bearing. If the CEL kept coming on then the ECU would throw the car into limp mode anyway, therefore not allowing VTEC to engage.
Old 05-30-2008 | 03:32 PM
Instructor

Does the TL have a chip that tells the cars history of driving behavior? Can the dealership come back and say "you drive like an A-hole and we are reporting you to the police, by the way, we will not cover your repair under warantee"?
Old 05-30-2008 | 03:34 PM
Not just another newbie!

Originally Posted by Krazylegs
Does the TL have a chip that tells the cars history of driving behavior? Can the dealership come back and say "you drive like an A-hole and we are reporting you to the police, by the way, we will not cover your repair under warantee"?
Not sure when/if the Black boxes went into mandate, but I would think so.
Old 05-30-2008 | 03:35 PM
Intermediate

if they cannot replace your car with a brand new one, i would try asking them to buy it back or trade it in for another
Old 05-30-2008 | 03:41 PM
Sandy Eggo

Why would you drive a brand new car off the lot if it was knocking? Cmon man..
Old 05-30-2008 | 03:41 PM
aw1
Pro

Originally Posted by TL2498
Dude, you are going to have to try to form complete sentences. Your posts are almost impossible to read, let alone comprehend.

No need to speak like a stunna, nobody's impressed.

agree..
Old 05-30-2008 | 03:42 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

we my mother told me she spoke to the lady and my mother told her if you baugh a new car and the motor was messed up how would u feel and the lasy respond i would be happy i got a new motor so now the b.s and that pissed my moms off so my mom went crazy i guess and said she wants a new car and she said shes going to speak to some one she will call her back..
Old 05-30-2008 | 03:44 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

bro i didnt hear it knocking when i got it i looked around it made sure no dents was on it... and when i went to show my car club the new car they herd it and told me i took it back to acura they said its that the motors is new it needs to brake in
Old 05-30-2008 | 03:45 PM
Race Director

buy, bought, lazy, ok? =]
Old 05-30-2008 | 03:45 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by O8AcuraTL
if they cannot replace your car with a brand new one, i would try asking them to buy it back or trade it in for another

I agree, let the dealership sell it to some sucker who has no idea about the engine swap. The dealership will make out o.k. in the long run because Acura will pay them bocu bucks for the warantee repair work. I would have a very bad taste left im my mouth with that dealership if I had to keep the car.
Old 05-30-2008 | 03:48 PM
Instructor

we my mother told me she spoke to the lady and my mother told her if you baugh a new car and the motor was messed up how would u feel and the lasy respond i would be happy i got a new motor so now the b.s and that pissed my moms off so my mom went crazy i guess and said she wants a new car and she said shes going to speak to some one she will call her back..
I wish I could baugh a new car.

Is your mom REALLY calling the dealer for you? Really?

If theres a problem with the engine whether it was caused by you or not they should replace the engine under warranty. If the work is done correctly there shouldn't be any further issues. If they don't do the work correctly on the first try then you'll have to deal with it, it's an unfortunate reality of owning a car and unless you purchase a Ferrari every single car dealership and brand will have it's issues.

This whole thread just smells fishy to me. Last time I blew a VTEC I wound up with a mouth full of oil.

Also, the period and "enter" key are valuable tools on the internet. Please use them.
Old 05-30-2008 | 03:52 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

they gave me a new tsx i love it lol..... i dont want to leave my tl people lol your guys are nothen but cool..
Old 05-30-2008 | 04:00 PM
Pro

1st off you didn't buy a $35k car your mother did. You just happen to drive it. Next you are telling me your car has been knocking for 6500 miles? Did you continuely check the oil level in the car? Anyways maybe you should tell us exactly what the problem is before we go much further. Sounds like someone didn't follow the recommended break in procedure. I guess thats what happens when you have parents with more money than kids with smarts.

Ok now on to the serious part of this and the realistic part of this.....

I completely understand where the frustration is coming from on your part. Sure I would want a new car but I wouldn't expect one nor think I am entitled to one. You have to be reasonable in what you think you should get or it becomes frivolous. I mean to me it certainly sounds like a warranty issue nothing more. They fix the problem and move on.

Does it suck that life works that way? Should they really give you a new car with 0 miles on it? If so then you probably think they should give you hundred dollar bills for the rest of your life to blow your nose in. But life doesn't work that way.

If you go in demanding they do this and that you will be met with negative results most likely. Trust me I am in the line of work to grant and deny warranty claims and returns even if it is outside the guidelines of what is acceptable. But I won't do that for someone who comes in demanding something in an uproar. In fact I'll ignore them and then ask them to remove themselves off my property or I'll have the police to do so.

So where do you draw the line on who gets a new car or who just gets a warranty fix? In my opinion all they have to do is warranty the car and fix it. If this were to go to court while unfortunate as it may sound you would not win a new car when something called the warranty is there to fix exactly the type of problem you have.

Anyways maybe they can do a collateral swap for you. Put you into another car with similar miles and options and what not. But that is the best I expect them to do for you. But who knows maybe you talk to the right person at the right time they feel nice and make it happen for you. But again your expectations need to be reasonable.

But what do I know.

D
Old 05-30-2008 | 04:05 PM
Instructor

I'm sorry - but this is the same person who a few threads ago was talking about how his car started knocking at 120mph and you thought it was because of your 20" rims and you put 89 octane in.

Are you some high school kid who's parents bought you a way too expensive car? Because if so maybe you just need a 88 CRX for a while till you get out of your "I'm gonna drive 120" phase. It's idiots like you that make the front page of Newsday for wrecking your cars on the LIE.

You screwed up your car. Be lucky thats ALL you screwed up.
Old 05-30-2008 | 04:14 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

look thers no reason for you two to get stupid.. that car is my car under my mothers name i pay for my car my parents baught me a brand new civic in 2005 and its haters like you who made me want to trade my car in and by something my self.. its okay if your parents dont have money maybe next life they will work hard and wont be lazy... im 22 years old.. i didnt mess up my car the car came messed up you guys are bashing me like its my faught.. thanks for the people who understand me
Old 05-30-2008 | 04:15 PM
Pro

they gave me a new tsx i love it lol..... i dont want to leave my tl people lol your guys are nothen but cool..
So they "gave" you a new car? Umm I would like to see paper work on what you paid on the TL and what you are paying now on the TSX. I would also like to know how much they gave you for the TL when they took it back. And some financing #'s. Because I can almost assure you they came out on top while you ended up paying more or the same for this new car they "gave" you.

D
Old 05-30-2008 | 04:17 PM
Pro

look thers no reason for you two to get stupid.. that car is my car under my mothers name i pay for my car my parents baught me a brand new civic in 2005 and its haters like you who made me want to trade my car in and by something my self.. its okay if your parents dont have money maybe next life they will work hard and wont be lazy... im 22 years old.. i didnt mess up my car the car came messed up you guys are bashing me like its my faught.. thanks for the people who understand me
No some parents actually have parenting skills instead of just throwing money at every problem they have like they have with you.

Odd part is I was going to stand behind you till I dug a little further and came to realize you are probably your own worst problem.

D
Old 05-30-2008 | 04:22 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

fellas theres no need to get all crazy here the main thing im asking here is what should i do. theres no need to call me names or nothen like that. this site is made for studd like this right? OH AND I WAS NEVER GOING 120 my friends was in his sliver tl i just said me cause i didnt want to put his info out there but now i see i had too... i thank all you guys...
Old 05-30-2008 | 04:22 PM
Stand For Something

Holy shit dude... have you ever spent a day in a classroom?? Seriously, you need to get back in 2nd grade and do some Phonics...
Old 05-30-2008 | 04:24 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

i never said i have a tsx bro i said they gave me a tsx while they fix my car.. i dont have to show you papers bro you no one to me i pay my own car and thats it..
Old 05-30-2008 | 04:24 PM
Senior Moderator

hey buddy, before you post next time, use proper English. On the main topic, there is simply no way to blow VTEC (not V TECK). Second of all, what were the other check engine lights that you had? Also did you drive the car gently for the first 1000 miles? Fill up with 91+ for the first 3000 miles all the time? Have you gone past 100 MPH within the first 2000 miles? Do you have an Auto or Manual? What work is exactly being done now by acura to fix the problem?

Look, I am not going to bash you or your age group, but the way you are talking, and acting and posting, you seem to be a kid that would like to show off his car. That is understandable, but that also comes with some negative connotation as well.

By the way, you are lucky that you are getting a new motor.
Old 05-30-2008 | 04:29 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

look don5504 i dont know if i said something to piss you the hell off but if i did im sorry.
Old 05-30-2008 | 04:31 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

i filled up my car with bp 93.. i never been over 100mph in that car i have big rims on it.. i waited 800 miles to brake in the car...
Old 05-30-2008 | 04:32 PM
Pro

i never said i have a tsx bro i said they gave me a tsx while they fix my car.. i dont have to show you papers bro you no one to me i pay my own car and thats it..
no you said "they gave me a new tsx and I love it" no where did you say it was only a loaner while they fix your car until now. I can see now this is hopeless. Just don't trash this new engine.

D
Old 05-30-2008 | 04:34 PM
Senior Moderator

i filled up my car with bp 93.. i never been over 100mph in that car i have big rims on it.. i waited 800 miles to brake in the car...
By that I think you mean you drove gently and nicely for the first 800 miles. As well, I take it that you have never gone into triple digit speeds. As I inquired in my previous post, what work was done prior to the car for those CEL's, and also what is exactly being done now. That may provide a bit more insight into the problem rather than saying my VTEC blew.
Old 05-30-2008 | 04:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Everyone needs to tone it down.

I heard Paragon sucks in general. Are they doing your warranty work?

Quick Reply: 2008 tl peace of s h * t