2007 acura tl type s random misfire after rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2021, 10:00 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 acura tl type s random misfire after rebuild

So I have a 07 tls 5 speed with 190k miles and this all first started when I noticed smoke coming out of my exhaust so I pulled both heads and replaced all gaskets, valve seals, piston rings, and head bolts. None of that stuff fixed anything and turns out the head was cracked so I got a remanufactured one and put that on. Now I'm having problems with misfiring, but it only happens at around 5,900 rpm and it makes the most awful noise, idles and drives fine at all other rpm ranges though. I have a feeling it's not a poblem with the new head because it's the same head and camshaft. I adjusted all the valves, checked the coil packs, and cleaned the fuel injectors and I'm still having problems. It first started with a random misfire code now I have codes for a misfire on cylinders 1, 2, 5, and 6. So if anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated this has been an ongoing project for 5 months and I'm getting very frustrated. Please feel free to question any of my work too I'm not an expert but I generally know what I'm doing.
Old 10-29-2021, 02:08 AM
Drifting

Received 853 Likes on 517 Posts
Originally Posted by Noah k
So I have a 07 tls 5 speed with 190k miles and this all first started when I noticed smoke coming out of my exhaust so I pulled both heads and replaced all gaskets, valve seals, piston rings, and head bolts. None of that stuff fixed anything and turns out the head was cracked so I got a remanufactured one and put that on. Now I'm having problems with misfiring, but it only happens at around 5,900 rpm and it makes the most awful noise, idles and drives fine at all other rpm ranges though. I have a feeling it's not a poblem with the new head because it's the same head and camshaft. I adjusted all the valves, checked the coil packs, and cleaned the fuel injectors and I'm still having problems. It first started with a random misfire code now I have codes for a misfire on cylinders 1, 2, 5, and 6. So if anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated this has been an ongoing project for 5 months and I'm getting very frustrated. Please feel free to question any of my work too I'm not an expert but I generally know what I'm doing.
Random misfires are a bear to chase down. Have you looked at the crankshaft position sensor? MAF sensor? Throttle position sensor?
Old 10-29-2021, 02:56 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Noah k
you didnt mention spark plugs, what are the condition of those? i would replace those.