07 Acura TL - Tracker Removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 07:12 AM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 Acura TL - Tracker Removal

Hey guys,

I purchased an 07 Acura TL as a small project for a small sum of money a few months ago and I have been slowly doing work on the car. Replaced ECU and some other things. Its pretty much low risk and im enjoying learning about the car.

Now before you guys ask, I have the clean/clear title to the car and I am not removing a tracker because I didn't make payments on the car. Its actually the opposite.

After flashing a new ecu and keys over, im realized (after testing) that all the main components of the car seems to work, but I was not getting any signal from the ignition to the starter. I look under the steering wheel while checking some fuses and see a really poorly installed (the thing was dangling with black duct tape) tracker on the car.

The thing also had wheel locks, so Im assuming the previous owner just lived in an area where he just tried to keep people from stealing his vehicle, but this leads me to believe that maybe the wires to the starter aren't connected properly.

I'm going to go down there and look today and try to fix this myself. I've soldered wires and cables before and have installed radios so i have some leftover tools and materials.

Any advice or insight on these wires under the wheel of a 3rd gen TL would be much appreciated before I go mess something up.

Thanks in advance. Love the forum - this is my first post.

Old 05-11-2019, 07:46 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
wheel locks come standard on the TL.
remote GPS/immobilizer is a "buy here, pay later" dealer add on, so they know where the car is if someone doesnt pay the bills.