05 TL radiator leak

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 07:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 TL radiator leak

My 05 TL over heated the other day I don't know how long I was red lined for because I wasn't watching my gagues my fault my car hasn't overheated since then but my radiotor has spung a leak on driver side on bottom..went to a radiator place and these dildos tryed to say I had a blown head gasket..i don't so would my radiator cause it to m sound a lip rough
Old 12-24-2017, 08:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by Secret
My 05 TL over heated the other day I don't know how long I was red lined for because I wasn't watching my gagues my fault my car hasn't overheated since then but my radiotor has spung a leak on driver side on bottom..went to a radiator place and these dildos tryed to say I had a blown head gasket..i don't so would my radiator cause it to m sound a lip rough
FWIW: Did the "radiator place" just assume a blown head gasket, due the car being driven while hot, or did they perform diagnostic tests to confirm the head gasket was blown? What have you looked at to determine that "i don't" have a head gasket issue, ie. no white smoke evident on cold start, no milky type substance on bottom of oil fill cap, no unusual substance on engine oil dip stick, no oily substance on bottom of radiator cap, no oily substance in coolant recovery bottle, no unusual burn pattern on spark plugs, etc?. Approximately, how long were you driving the car before you noticed the temperature gauge was pegged? Did something, ie. an unusual odor, rough idle etc., prompt you to look at the gauge? Once you noticed the pegged temperature gauge, and stopped to check under the hood, was the radiator, engine and engine room area extremely hot, as in hot enough to burn off any oil residue on the outside of the engine causing it to smoke? The answers to these questions will help determine if indeed, there is a suspected head gasket issue.
Old 12-24-2017, 12:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nope no smoking I just had a oil change oil isn't milky, I don't know much about cars because I'm a female but mybfriend who rebuilds engines looked at it and said no my radiator hose would be hard as a rock and bubbles would form inside the radiator none happened he said he'd buy me a new radiator and put it in for me which saves me 100s of dollars