'04 TL DPMS / Memory seats don't work

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 08:56 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation '04 TL DPMS / Memory seats don't work

Ok so I have an 04 TL with 85k Miles and the Memory seat function worked until now. It was working fine 2 days ago.

The LED's on the buttons of the driving position memory system on the side don't light up anymore. I researched online and people said to check fuse #20 and I did and it's not broken or anything. My windshield washer, power mirrors, autodimming green light on the rear view mirror all are working.
The only thing that stopped working when the DPMS stopped working was the tilting of the windows when in reverse. They don't work anymore (they used to 2 days ago)

The key is already linked to drivers 1 and 2. It says "welcome driver 2" so that works.

The whole unit doesn't even light up, when I hold the memory button (MEMO) it doesn't even beep or anything. The LED's beside the 1 and 2 don't work either.

Any ideas?
Old 12-26-2015, 08:59 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh and also, today I was driving and I moved the seat alittle bit forward while driving ( I was going like 20 mph) and after I moved the seat forward, I decided to save the seat setting so I pressed (MEMO) and it beeped then I pressed on 2 to save it.

I don't know if that messed it up cause I heard you're only supposed to do it when the car is in Park.
Old 12-27-2015, 01:38 PM
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by lolking
Oh and also, today I was driving and I moved the seat alittle bit forward while driving ( I was going like 20 mph) and after I moved the seat forward, I decided to save the seat setting so I pressed (MEMO) and it beeped then I pressed on 2 to save it.

I don't know if that messed it up cause I heard you're only supposed to do it when the car is in Park.
I believe it's the mirror actuator. I went through this about a year ago. My power seats stopped lighting up one day and my mirror was stuttering when I would move it. from what I understand if the actuator is not working as intended (Can't detect the end point of the movement) it will disable the memory seating as a precaution. Since the mirrors are tied to the driver settings too. If you find one of your mirrors is stuttering either replace or regrease the actuator. If regreasing make sure to move the mirror all around to spread the grease. I went the regrease route and have had no issues since. Note that it's from My experience, it may not be the same issue for you.
Old 12-27-2015, 01:45 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Originally Posted by vpasla1
I believe it's the mirror actuator. I went through this about a year ago. My power seats stopped lighting up one day and my mirror was stuttering when I would move it. from what I understand if the actuator is not working as intended (Can't detect the end point of the movement) it will disable the memory seating as a precaution. Since the mirrors are tied to the driver settings too. If you find one of your mirrors is stuttering either replace or regrease the actuator. If regreasing make sure to move the mirror all around to spread the grease. I went the regrease route and have had no issues since. Note that it's from My experience, it may not be the same issue for you.
That's some good information.

I noticed my new side mirrors have caused this. Sometimes the green light goes on, sometimes it doesn't.
Sometimes when I click unlock on my keyfob, my driver mirror would point up to the sky thinking its my saved position. Then I have to move the mirror down and re-save the position.
Sometimes I'm not able to save my new driving position at the start of my drive, and when I get to my destination and try to save it, it works.

The only important thing I'm thankful for is that the module still remembers my settings.
So even though the green light is off and I move the seat backwards to vacuum, as soon as I hit the "driver 1 memory" button it will return to my saved setting and the green button will light up again.

Last edited by guitarplayer16; 12-27-2015 at 01:50 PM.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
bad mirror actuators cause the conflicting signal and screw it all up