Wait for new body TL?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 11:25 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wait for new body TL?

Im new to the forums but i was wondering what to do i have a cl right now the 03. Im gonna get rid of it and either get the new tls or wait for new body before making my decision. Comments? (persuade to get 1 now!)
Old 10-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Instructor

The 08 TL-S is the last of that 3rd gen body style, so i'm guessing although there are still common problems from 04-08 most of the major glitches have been worked out!

If you're a daily, hard core driver i'm telling you that the new 300hp SH-AWD is definately gonna be a whole new ball park compared to third gen's... I love my TL (06 AT) although i made the decision to get the AT as i do drive in back to back traffic on a a daily basis, i do regret not getting the 6 speed...(you don't really have the edge low end runing against brand new tiburon's, gran prix's...etc) So my advice to you is if your in it for speed, get either a 6 speed TL-S 07/08 or wait for the 09.

If you could care less, the third gen's are wonderfully equipped with a lot of bells and whistles, and now that 09's are coming in you can probably find a great deal on an 08! As for the 09's i'm not sure of the new ammenities it has to offer!

Goodluck!
Old 10-13-2007, 11:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As alot of TL owners would agree it is going to be hard not to go for the 09 when it drops, especially if the body style is nice..however along those same lines you should always shy away from the first year of a new body style, due to corrections, recalls, wtver the case may be. So..I would get an 08 Type S and then possibly trade it in for say an 2010 or 2011, anyway...good luck
Old 10-13-2007, 12:15 PM
7th Gear

Hmmm keep them coming please those were good points tho from both of the above thank u this i know its gonna be a tough decision.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Instructor

I haven't seen the new body style yet, but i'm not liking the "bubbly" maxima look of the supposed '09 TL spy shots. A matter of preference...
Old 10-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Columbia Univ. c/o 2004

I, more or less, agree with "joewen".

I wouldn't recommend getting the TL-S. Its a wonderful vehicle, but I firmly believe that there are better options on the market for that price segment. If you're in the market to purchase a new car at this very moment, I would look at the TL-S competitors.

If you can exercise patience, I would wait to see what Acura has in mind for the 4th Gen. TL. I have confidence that Acura will strive to make significant advancements in performance to better compete with other auto makers in their next TL generation. If you do decide to wait on the next generation TL, I would do as "joewen" suggested and purchase one after the first year production.

Good luck to you.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:47 PM
7th Gear

Well here is the thing i love power but i know i would get in trouble with it im looking for a car that will get up and go. The only thing is that i also like a sexy looking car with a nice interior with plenty of toys which this car has. If i wanted a beast of a car that performs and handles which u can use in cali most of the time anyways i would get a c6 since im a salesman at a chevy store. I have a 03 cl that i sort of fell in love with because at the time when i got the cl it was between the camaro and a cl. I chose acura cause it is luxurious and has some power.Also with american cars tho i love them so much they are just not as well built vehicles as acuras.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Columbia Univ. c/o 2004

Originally Posted by AcuraTLS33
Well here is the thing i love power but i know i would get in trouble with it im looking for a car that will get up and go. The only thing is that i also like a sexy looking car with a nice interior with plenty of toys which this car has. If i wanted a beast of a car that performs and handles which u can use in cali most of the time anyways i would get a c6 since im a salesman at a chevy store. I have a 03 cl that i sort of fell in love with because at the time when i got the cl it was between the camaro and a cl. I chose acura cause it is luxurious and has some power.Also with american cars tho i love them so much they are just not as well built vehicles as acuras.
Very true. The TL-S is a great looking car, but I would also argue that its current competitors are of better built and more aesthetically pleasing. I have a 05 TL, and the paint is peeling, rattles are frequent, dash is fading, leather is cracking... and thats after I baby the darn car on a regular basis. All these issues starting occuring only 2 years into ownership. Because of these issues, I've now made the TL my daily driver and I'm going to try to mod the hell of out without a care in the world. I also have an 06 IS350, which has yet to see any of those superficial complications. So the build of my TL is somewhat questionable. I use to have an old 92 Legend, and let me tell you - the car is amazing. The build is as durable and ever lasting as I have ever seen in an automobile. Its just my opinion, and I may get flame for this, but I really do believe Honda/Acura drop the ball somewhat with the tradition to quality when developing the 3rd Gen. TL. Thats why would suggest for you to hold off on the TL-S and wait for the next generation TL. I have a feeling that Acura will pick up its game and offer its loyal customers something more exciting.

The perk that the TL-S has over its competition are the minor amenities that you will find as options in other luxury vehicles. So for the money, you would probably get alot more of the little goodies than other cars if you are going with a TL.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:37 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jeowen
As alot of TL owners would agree it is going to be hard not to go for the 09 when it drops, especially if the body style is nice..however along those same lines you should always shy away from the first year of a new body style, due to corrections, recalls, wtver the case may be. So..I would get an 08 Type S and then possibly trade it in for say an 2010 or 2011, anyway...good luck

I agree with you.
My lease is up on my 07 Type-S in 2010 and thats when the 4th gen TL should be on its second year. I kinda purposely did that so that way I wouldnt be getting a first year model.