Two Tone TL

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 07:37 AM
I like to whistle in my

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like it. Panda look is always cool with me as long as its done nicely. I like the contrast of the spoiler, especailly from the side. Some judge might some wont but its your car so it more of what you like anyways. I've always liked your car. I kinda live through you because I know I wont mod my TL out that much like I did the previous car:P Clean Trunk setup too. Haven't seen that before..dont know what job you working but must be nice
Old 04-19-2006, 09:56 AM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
Those are actually reflectors in the tail light that caught the flash from the camera.

As for the headlights...i'm afraid to tamper with them. I have thought about it.
Whats the worse that could happen? your headlights get ruined. Can always buy a new set or hell go to a junkyard and see if you can find a used set to experiment with.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i like the grille the most. can u share on how it was done?

i think i would also black out the side mirrors.

the mad max stuff on the front bumper- no comment
Old 04-19-2006, 02:29 PM
Instructor

eric, nice setup bro! You have way too much time on your hands working in the warehouse and modding your car and going to shows. I'll have to let Steve know to give you more work to do..lol geat looking tho bro.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:49 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
I like it Eric, its different. whats with the those canards on the front?
Old 04-19-2006, 10:32 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
Originally Posted by ililillilillilil
i like the grille the most. can u share on how it was done?

i think i would also black out the side mirrors.

the mad max stuff on the front bumper- no comment
In order to achieve the mesh look you have to cut the pillar that run horizontal across the grille. Its actually connected to the bumper and HAS to be cut...which is unfortunate. After that you just place a sheet of mesh of any type behind it and cover up the holes where the cuts were made.

The stock mirrors will be coming off soon.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:34 PM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by tcwhite
eric, nice setup bro! You have way too much time on your hands working in the warehouse and modding your car and going to shows. I'll have to let Steve know to give you more work to do..lol geat looking tho bro.
Whats up man?! Did you order a TL yet...i remember you talking about it that one day. Nah Stephens got me working hard over in the warehouse man...hes killin me! haha
Old 04-19-2006, 10:37 PM
tehLEGOman

Here are some motion shots my friend took before the new paint...

Old 04-19-2006, 10:39 PM
tehLEGOman

Heres more from the same photographer from the photoshoot.

Old 04-19-2006, 11:43 PM
Advanced

In order to achieve the mesh look you have to cut the pillar that run horizontal across the grille. Its actually connected to the bumper and HAS to be cut...which is unfortunate. After that you just place a sheet of mesh of any type behind it and cover up the holes where the cuts were made.
do you have any close up pics of your grille just to get a better idea of how do it?
Old 04-20-2006, 12:30 AM
To punish and enslave

I actually like that look.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:02 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TL CHROMETIDE
I actually like that look.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Pro

nice and orginal, funny thing people that dont or wont like wont even wash or do jack to there cars mod wise, hot whip keep up the good work!!
Old 04-20-2006, 10:17 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Originally Posted by leedogg
How did you get just the bottom red light to come on? is there a DIY somewhere?? And you definitely need to clear/paint your headlights out.
Maybe it's just the reflectors bouncing the camera flash?

Edit: I hadn't read to page 2, yet.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:22 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

The two-tone look is pretty cool and it certainly makes the car look tough. I'm not getting the winglets on the front, though, and the "sponsor" stickers all over the sides make me think "rice."
Old 04-21-2006, 02:44 PM
Instructor

Whats up man?! Did you order a TL yet...i remember you talking about it that one day. Nah Stephens got me working hard over in the warehouse man...hes killin me! haha

nah man not yet. I might as well wait till the 07's come out. I want to know for sure what the changes are going to be with the new ones, but yeah man i can't wait. it sucks that the only dealership is hendrick acura. they only have three.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:33 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
nah man not yet. I might as well wait till the 07's come out. I want to know for sure what the changes are going to be with the new ones, but yeah man i can't wait. it sucks that the only dealership is hendrick acura. they only have three.
They only have three? Damn! Every time I've ever gone there they have a parking lot full of them...4-5 in the front, 1 in the show room, and tons out back. Hell, last time I was there, they had a couple in the used lot, as well.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:37 PM
Tint The Windshield

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

I like the paint job, etc.!

^^ You know how long it'll take to get those accessories out? It would take wayy to long for me to sit tight till that came around, ha.

06' NBP TL
Old 04-21-2006, 04:00 PM
Intermediate

very sexy. Haters can call it rice. I like rice.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Even though I'm not a fan of the winglets, this is otherwise a VERY nice paint job. Awesome!
Old 04-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

ahh if only the front bumper wasnt painted. hot nonetheless.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:13 AM
The Boss

Eric,
The car almost fit into the category of ''RICE". But the fact that you're so ORIGINAL (no other TL has the same look) I'm going to give you a .
I'm not sure if I would have done the same with your car, perhaps I sort of like my car a bit more on the DL.

You're very original and I give you mad props for that my friend. I saw your car at SEMA. I like just about everything besides the ''SINGLE" exhaust. Keep up the good work and please post more photo the TL. It's growing on me
Old 04-22-2006, 07:16 AM
Instructor

eric, are you coming out to the h.i.n in charlotte this year?
Old 04-22-2006, 07:19 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by chill_dog
They only have three? Damn! Every time I've ever gone there they have a parking lot full of them...4-5 in the front, 1 in the show room, and tons out back. Hell, last time I was there, they had a couple in the used lot, as well.

yeah man they only had three on the new car side. they had alot of used rl's and tl's in the used lot but i'd like to see a few a-spec's on the lot. They everything in the showroom except the tl.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:22 AM
Instructor

^^ You know how long it'll take to get those accessories out? It would take wayy to long for me to sit tight till that came around, ha.

06' NBP TL[/QUOTE]

i just don't want to pull the trigger yet on the 06 and when the 07 comes out i regret it.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:35 PM
Advanced

I like the fact that you made it fit your own style. Like others, I would not go with this look but I do like it and can appreciate other work. The white lip spoiler definitely works. Front 'wings' on the corners not so much, but overall it looks great.

Excellent work for sure. Gald to see so many pictures to really check it out.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:28 PM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by baysic tl
do you have any close up pics of your grille just to get a better idea of how do it?
Theres a lot of pictures in the original thread titled 04 WDP on Volks...
Old 04-23-2006, 08:32 PM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by AcuraDriver2006
Eric,
The car almost fit into the category of ''RICE". But the fact that you're so ORIGINAL (no other TL has the same look) I'm going to give you a .
I'm not sure if I would have done the same with your car, perhaps I sort of like my car a bit more on the DL.

You're very original and I give you mad props for that my friend. I saw your car at SEMA. I like just about everything besides the ''SINGLE" exhaust. Keep up the good work and please post more photo the TL. It's growing on me
Thanks for the comments! I'm sure one of the many TLs in the parking lot at the Fort Washington Expo Center was yours... too bad i didnt get to meet you at the show. What did you think of it overall?

...I think once you hear the sound of the exhaust in person when the car is in WOT you will change your opinion..haha it sounds awesome.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:33 PM
tehLEGOman

eric, are you coming out to the h.i.n in charlotte this year?
..yeah i'll be in the show this year parked with a few other cars. Prolly wont be in the main room...are you going out there again this year?
Old 04-23-2006, 08:36 PM
tehLEGOman

And thank you everyone for the positive and negative feedback/opinions. Its neat to hear different peoples likes and dislikes.

The canards are in first place for dislikes and the grille is in first place for likes.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:40 PM
The Boss

Thanks for the comments! I'm sure one of the many TLs in the parking lot at the Fort Washington Expo Center was yours... too bad i didnt get to meet you at the show. What did you think of it overall?

...I think once you hear the sound of the exhaust in person when the car is in WOT you will change your opinion..haha it sounds awesome.
I like people with originality and you sure does have it
You ought to make a sound clip of your vehicle or better yet. Come to the H.I.N. on May 20th in Atlantic City NJ. A bunch of North East folks here are planning to go together. I am not sure you want to hike that far up here from N.C. but we have a bunch of S/C TL hitting there. Perhaps we could all getogether there and talk about our setups. We have this guy Ryan here who's an expert on our cars.

make a clip and post more pics
Old 04-24-2006, 12:54 PM
GÜNnµ ¡Ï

I have been away from 3rd Gen for a while. Can you update me and others that dont know, what was the purpose of the 1 tailpipe? I noticed you mentioned sound. Anything else?
Old 04-24-2006, 01:22 PM
I like to whistle in my

I think he talked about it in his other thread but I would figure mostly to be different.I think I've only seen 2 3G's with a single exhuast. Our exhuast isn't a true dual exhuast so I guess he figured it would be better to just have on pipe. Im not as bold to do the same because I like the dual look but his exhuast sounds HOTTTT!!!..probably screams louder with the SC now. Ihave it saved on my mac
Old 04-24-2006, 05:00 PM
A.K.A Comptechtype-S!!

I was thinking about having my TL painted the same way. What i was planning on doing was leaving the verticle part of the trunk silver. So, from the lip spoiler down it wouldnt be black.

Still.. Your ride is sweet! Im gonna wait until i can get the RJ kit before deciding on the paint.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Looks good Eric! The extra Volk rim in the trunk is a nice touch. I would do that with my extra, but its curbed to hell.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:54 PM
Cruisin'

Damn! I saw your car at Nopi a couple of years ago before you got two-tone.
I think it was just lowered with the Volks and the Comptech exhaust.
I would love to see a group of progression photos from the factory "plain-Jane" to this Sexy Beast!
Old 04-28-2006, 06:01 PM
Drifting

Absolutely love your car bro, only thing i might change is the rear spoiler, get a carbon fibre, or paint that black, the white just sticks out too much on it.. It says in your sig that your EDFC got stolen.. .how does that happen? Anyway good work, always lookn forward to seeing whats next with your TL
Old 04-29-2006, 02:42 AM
tehLEGOman

AcuraDriver2006... Thanks for comments bro...as for making it to the HIN Atlantic City i probably wont be attending that show. But i'm sure i'll make it up that way sometime later in the year maybe to an AZ meet in Maryland. I know there are a lot of S/C TLs in Jersey and it would be nice to meet up with all the guys.

Gunnmetalcura04... The purpose of the exhaust setup is because i like the look of the exhaust and i love the HKS carbon Ti canister. When i had it installed the sound that comes out from the muffler is awesome. kinda has a G35/350Z tone to it with that hollow rasp sound. And now with the supercharger the sound of the exhaust is really hard to describe. Sounds like a strong rush of air and a scraping sound. My girlfriend says it scares her when i'm in WOT.

JDBoogie.... you should do it man itll look real good on a silver TL. thanks for the comments!

dan....k... whats up Henry! you back from Europe yet? come to HIN Charlotte!

Eyez.... Thanks for the comments...there is a pretty large thread somewhere in the photo gallery which has the progression from the first few months since i bought the car. I don't have too many pictures of the car before the wheels because they went on the car 3 days after i picked her up.

Phrosttz0.... Whats up man...thanks for the words! to answer your question about the EDFC... The control module is what was actually stolen. The motors and wires are all still in the TL. I'm not exactly sure what the motive of stealing the module was but i think i have an idea as to whom had a part in the act. The drivers side window was shattered and the module was the primary target because it was the only one that made it out of the car. The second was the radar detector that didnt make it out of the car because the stock alarm had already woken my roomate up. My roomate was in the process of loading his shotgun with 2 slugs and had a visual of the theif and automobile. dark green minivan.....

SO....if you're the one that breached my TL please be assured your life was on the line that one night at 2:15AM on that street. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS KIND OF ACTION AGAIN.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:50 AM
III
prototype

reminds me of the b7 audi a4's in the front... with the blacked lowers like that. awesome though.... i too dont care for the white lip spoiler on the trunk tho
Old 05-06-2006, 08:16 AM
Intermediate

The two tone sets it off man.

Quick Reply: Two Tone TL