TWENTY-INCH WHEELS on 05 NBP

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 08:11 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chrome looks great on a black car. I think the number of spokes look slightly busy. They still look nice tho. If I had a black TL, I would have gone with all chrome rims myself.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:12 PM
Instructor

Also I don't get the hate that chrome rims get and those "ghetto" comments. I had chrome rims on a freakin civic 10 years ago and you wouldn't believe how much the females jock chrome rims. It's insane.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:10 PM
Instructor

Just that chrome rims look great on certain cars and some cars it just looks like booty! The 20x8.5 TSW Thruxton with Falken ST115 tires I got mounted and balanced shipped for $2000.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:14 PM
Automobile Aficionado

Originally Posted by Usalinh
Hey, Twenties quick question for you. Did you have to use spacers for your back wheels? I just ordered a set of TSW Thruxtion 20x8.5 with a 38 offset with Falken Azenis 245/35/20 and was told that I need spacers for the back because the rim or the tires would rub for some reason. I'm guess the fender well is a small or something.
NO SPACERS here. And, ditto, spacers PUSH the wheel further out towards to the fender. Whoever told you that doesn't know much about wheels. I think people run between 35 offset and 50 offset on TLs with no problem. I'd say the 40-45 mm offset is the safest bet.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:18 PM
Automobile Aficionado

Originally Posted by Juronimo
Also I don't get the hate that chrome rims get and those "ghetto" comments. I had chrome rims on a freakin civic 10 years ago and you wouldn't believe how much the females jock chrome rims. It's insane.
Here's an experiment anyone can try. Yeah ask any chick, show them a chrome wheel and then a silver wheel or a black wheel, they will tell you the chrome looks the best. lol.

Chrome wheels and black cars go together.... always a classic combination.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:25 PM
Automobile Aficionado

Originally Posted by TLyoung'un
That g35 in the back was a nice touch haha.
Great photos!
Yeah it was a coincidence of timing, but funny. A good friend of mine has a Infiniti G35 Coupe 6 speed (Black-on-Black), and we go back and go forth on this. I've driven his car and it is a blast, but I still prefer the TL for all the reasons TL owners understand. But he works for Infiniti/Nissan corporate so it works out very well for him, he had a G35 Sedan before, and is looking at the new Infiniti M35/45. Infiniti is making some great cars right now.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:00 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks great..one of the better sets of 20's on here
Old 10-03-2005, 10:35 PM
Instructor

Hey Twenties I ask the shop today why I need spacers and they said that the spoke of the rim would hit the calipers. So, I guess that's why they suggest spacers because they've put on a TL already. But, I told them I'll try without the spacers first then if I need them I'll put them on.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:08 AM
Team Pumkin

fugly yo!!

BD
Old 10-04-2005, 08:42 AM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WDP-Acura TL
The rims actually fit the car.Its like the Acura TL concept with dubs. Everyone thought that car looked hot with dubs. Same thing I see. Good choice my man.
I think those were 21/22s on the concept
Old 10-04-2005, 08:53 AM
Cold Racketeer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Twenties
that's supposed to be a compliment? well i checked out your thread to see your car. overall impression: mixed. points for creativity. i think that there is such a thing as over-doing modifications and you passed that point a long time ago. The lens corners and grill blend well with the car. I'm not a big fan of ron john wheels, sorry ron dogg, but i give him credit for focusing on a neglected market. Your interior trim is overthetop.

Overall i think your car looks a little immature for my tastes, but its a free country. Enjoy and keeping doing you. and, God Bless . Only in America.

Later Lokius and thanks for the reply.
_ class
Old 10-05-2005, 01:40 AM
Burning Brakes

Clay: Send me or post pics of your car/wheel. All your old linked pics are dead.
https://acurazine.com/forums/acurazine-clubs-meets-15/cl-ny-nj-palasades-turnout-118943/
Here's a link sorry it took so long.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:23 AM
Columbia Univ. c/o 2004

Sorry. I wouldn't give a penny for those rims. I don't know, just not my taste. Detoriates the entire look of the car for me.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Automobile Aficionado

Originally Posted by architectonic
Sorry. I wouldn't give a penny for those rims. I don't know, just not my taste. Detoriates the entire look of the car for me.
lol. wait, this is coming from a guy with a bondo- ground effects package and rims that stick out past the tires. and surprise, you don't even have a new TL. your website looks okay, but as for your car, lets just say its a work in progress. keep working at your graphic design ambitions but stay away from car design. i appreciate your input. have a great day.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Automobile Aficionado

Originally Posted by clay8898
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118943
Looks clean. Reminds me of lowenhart BR5 wheels but more spidery design.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Instructor

now, that is a sharp car. i hope you have taken off that sticker by now. that tint is great. what %?
Old 10-05-2005, 04:01 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Vanos
now, that is a sharp car. i hope you have taken off that sticker by now. that tint is great. what %?

YOWZA, I agree with you about that. Damn that car's sexy.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Looks clean. Reminds me of lowenhart BR5 wheels but more spidery design.
Thanks for the props. The wheels are valocity 898vw's. Any other mods planed?
Old 10-06-2005, 12:53 AM
Burning Brakes

What you don't like the sticker? It's been on awhile probably should take it off. The tint is 15% all the way around. I just recently took the front plate off, what a difference. It's amazing how much better it looks just with that little of a change.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:29 AM
Instructor

Vanos your car looks awesome with those chrome wheels. I thought they only look good on black cars but, I guess it just depends on the rims. I myself ain't into chrome wheels but, those look sweet. Oh yeah, I have a question about the tint. I've read in the manual that tinting the windows may affect the navigation system. That the display may lag because of the tint or something like that. I was wondering if you or anyone has had this problem.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:15 AM
Columbia Univ. c/o 2004

I'll take pics of my TL this weekend. Its not the new 06, but it is the 05. I bought it complete with the A-Spec package (Kit, trunk lip, wheels, steering wheel and suspension) and added the Comptech RSB. Still debating over the AEM or Injen intake and totally loss at the moment on what to do with the exhaust (probably wont do anything).

I only put the CL-S in the avatar, because I do love it and take pride in the efforts that I put into it. The CL-S was the first brand new car that ever bought for myself. So it has sentimental value to me. A reward to myself for working so hard in college and in my professional practice. You find another license architect in 6 different states whose only 24 years of age.

I never claimed to be a vehicle designer, only that I absolutely hate the look that those rims offer to your car. The rims are simply too busy and suggest too bold of a statement that only takes away from the integrity of the car. I'm also not saying that I'm content with the look of my CL-S (not even close to being what I want it to be). What I am saying is that I rewarded myself with it and spent some money giving it a different visual impression as a form of expression and experimentation. Since I have the 05TL now, I don't mind experimenting with the CL-S alittle. So what if you have a problem with my CL-S, and so what if I have a problem with your rims. I'm only stating my opinion and I'm being brutally honest with you rather than blowing sunshine up your ass and saying that I'm thrilled with your rims. As a subjective perspective they look horrid and ghetto to me and always will.

I don't plan on going into car design and proabably never will. Its not my field and I wasn't trained in this profession. But I do know composition and aesthetical integrity when I see it especially when it pertains to graphics and architecture. I got my Bachelors from Cal Poly and Masters from Columbia (all in architectural design) so I do have an educated foundation in design. I was always compelled by both graphics and architecture and the exposure, training and practice I have attained from it has nourish this profound foundation and ideology. Even though I'm not a guy sketching or engineering the designs of our acuras, I don't have any inhibitions to say that "I think" those rims don't do the TL justice and degrades the strength and sublety of the vehicle.

I have the 18" A-Spec wheels on my TL at the moment and I'm still contemplating over what after market wheel I should upgrade to. My preference has always been Volks or Racing Harts. My suggestion to you would be the same, trash those 20" chromes and switch to Volks.

Your TL is a great peice of machine regardless of the wheels. The Black is a superb choice... Good day.

lol. wait, this is coming from a guy with a bondo- ground effects package and rims that stick out past the tires. and surprise, you don't even have a new TL. your website looks okay, but as for your car, lets just say its a work in progress. keep working at your graphic design ambitions but stay away from car design. i appreciate your input. have a great day.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:33 AM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by rbf351
and they should be removed. i think they look horrid, and are way too big for the car. if you wanted to put 20's on something you should have gotten a truck like everyone else in the world

Cars should have 20's, trucks should not have anything smaller than 23's.

BLIIIIIIING!
Old 10-06-2005, 11:39 AM
Columbia Univ. c/o 2004

The aesthetics of these rims compliment the TL far better than the one's that TWENTIES has on his. I'm not against chrome, in fact I use to be crazy over it. My opinion has evolved since then and I don't think they're a good fit for the TL. But clay8898's chrome rims are worth complimenting.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118943
Old 10-06-2005, 11:47 AM
"Joe Cool"

Originally Posted by architectonic
Your TL is a great peice of machine regardless of the wheels. The Black is a superb choice... Good day.
Damn Dog that was long.

I think it is okay to have your opinion, it is just the way you put it.

You don't have to insult someone to voice your own opinion.
I have seen alot of cars on here with things done to them that I won't do to mine.
But I haven't told them that "I wouldn't spend a penny" on their Mods.
That would be saying the Mod is worthless, but that indicates that what they like doesn't matter, only your opinion counts.
I am one of the older guys (age wise) here, but one of the newer in posts.
I would just hope that we could appreciate the different styles and taste people have, not flame them cuz it isn't just like ours.
Sorry don't mean to lecture but, I just think we all have different taste so lets just appreciate everyones individuality and leave it at that.
"Can't we all just get along".

Posts some pics of you car, Id like to check it out.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:01 PM
"Joe Cool"

BTW...architectonic

Hey don't think i was coming down on you on the post.
I just think we're all on this site cuz we have something in common we love TLs.

If you don't have plans on Friday the 1st and 2nd Gen. CL guys are having a meet in Walnut.
Did you here about it?
Here is the info:

What: AcuraZine SGV Mini-Meet & Photoshoot?

When: Friday 10/7/05 6:00PM-Whenever

Where: Village West (Rubios/McDonalds/Cold Stone/L&L/Ten Ren/Starbucks/etc.)
535 North Grand Ave.
Walnut, CA 91792

I am gonna stop by hope to see you there.

Question is do you take your TL or your CL?

Tried to PM you but your box is FULL.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:08 PM
Columbia Univ. c/o 2004

Thanks for calling me out and keeping me grounded. Usually I practice more tolerance with people, but then I 'm just in a frustrating of a mood today. My engineering consultants are giving me a hard time and not on the schedule that I layed out for them. So I apologize for if I have over stepped my bounds and made derogatory remarks or insulted anyone in anyway. I do absolutely deteste the rims, and I stand by that. I appreciate TWENTIES personally efforts to make the car his own and can only hope that he takes the utmost pride in it.

I'll certainly post pics of my 05 TL for all interested parties to see. Originally I wanted to wait until I decided which wheels to go with and get them on before posting any pics. But what the hell... I'll take some this weekend as promised.

Originally Posted by 1sweetTL
Damn Dog that was long.

I think it is okay to have your opinion, it is just the way you put it.

You don't have to insult someone to voice your own opinion.
I have seen alot of cars on here with things done to them that I won't do to mine.
But I haven't told them that "I wouldn't spend a penny" on their Mods.
That would be saying the Mod is worthless, but that indicates that what they like doesn't matter, only your opinion counts.
I am one of the older guys (age wise) here, but one of the newer in posts.
I would just hope that we could appreciate the different styles and taste people have, not flame them cuz it isn't just like ours.
Sorry don't mean to lecture but, I just think we all have different taste so lets just appreciate everyones individuality and leave it at that.
"Can't we all just get along".

Posts some pics of you car, Id like to check it out.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Columbia Univ. c/o 2004

Well... Walnut. Thats around the Pomona area and is somewhat an inconvenience with me. Although, I would love to go especially since I've never been to any meet before. However, I do have prior obligations that day and depending on how early that ends will determine whether I can attend this mini meet or not. I have an orange county housing tour that I have to attend. I was asked by my company to take a car load of clients to several residential projects that we've done in the past in the OC area. Thats one thing nice about the TL, is that most of my clients do appreciate its space and subtle luxury. Anyways, this is a critical housing tour for my company as we are trying to land these clients as investors.

Usually, Sunday is my most available day (besides football in the morning; I pretty much have all evening available). My work week is packed and I usually don't leave my office until after 8PM. Plus I do alot of freelance and contract work on the side, so I'm usually swap with work. If you coordinate these meets personally, may I request that it usually be on a Sunday afternoon.

Originally Posted by 1sweetTL
BTW...architectonic

Hey don't think i was coming down on you on the post.
I just think we're all on this site cuz we have something in common we love TLs.

If you don't have plans on Friday the 1st and 2nd Gen. CL guys are having a meet in Walnut.
Did you here about it?
Here is the info:

What: AcuraZine SGV Mini-Meet & Photoshoot?

When: Friday 10/7/05 6:00PM-Whenever

Where: Village West (Rubios/McDonalds/Cold Stone/L&L/Ten Ren/Starbucks/etc.)
535 North Grand Ave.
Walnut, CA 91792

I am gonna stop by hope to see you there.

Question is do you take your TL or your CL?

Tried to PM you but your box is FULL.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:26 PM
Instructor

What you don't like the sticker? It's been on awhile probably should take it off. The tint is 15% all the way around. I just recently took the front plate off, what a difference. It's amazing how much better it looks just with that little of a change.
i think the sticker cheapens the fine look of your vehicle. btw, did you purchase the wheels on the internet or a shop?
Old 10-06-2005, 01:10 PM
Automobile Aficionado

Today, 9:15 AM
architectonic
Death by Architecture

"I rewarded myself with it and spent some money giving it a different visual impression as a form of expression and experimentation. . . it has sentimental value to me...I don't plan on going into car design and proabably never will. Its not my field and I wasn't trained in this profession."

Get real, you were bored, so you bondo-ed your old CL, and now your not happy with it as you say, well surprise. I won't link you avatar, for your sake.

"My preference has always been Volks or Racing Harts. My suggestion to you would be the same, trash those 20" chromes and switch to Volks."

Your preferences and orientations ....blah blah...next you will bondo-ize your TL when you start feeling "sentimental" with it. At least you let Acura handle the kit on this one though, thank God.

I can appreciate different styles, including Volks and racing wheels, if I wanted to make my car look like a race rocket car I would have done that. We have different styles and backgrounds, period. Wheels are like political parties, you can't make everybody happy.

Thanks for the entertaining conversation.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:47 PM
Automobile Aficionado

Originally Posted by Lokius
how much did they set you back just for teh wheels?
I bought directly from manufacturer, but I know the pricing is competitive or discounted compared to other forged wheels.....i.e. iforged, etc.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:29 PM
Does anyone read this

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Here's an experiment anyone can try. Yeah ask any chick, show them a chrome wheel and then a silver wheel or a black wheel, they will tell you the chrome looks the best. lol.

Chrome wheels and black cars go together.... always a classic combination.

I asked three girls that are friends of mine, two of them said chrome is played out and one said it was the pimp $hit.

Though the girl who said she liked the chrome was better looking than the other two who didn’t like the chrome.

On a scale of 1 to 10
Girl who liked chrome rims = 9
Girls who said chrome was played out = 7.5

So the moral of this story is…… I am horny and want to bang all three of them and I don’t have chrome rims.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:52 PM
Burning Brakes

i think the sticker cheapens the fine look of your vehicle. btw, did you purchase the wheels on the internet or a shop?
Heh Heh your probably right. I got the wheels at a shop in Tacoma Wa.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Donte99TL
I asked three girls that are friends of mine, two of them said chrome is played out and one said it was the pimp $hit.

Though the girl who said she liked the chrome was better looking than the other two who didn’t like the chrome.

On a scale of 1 to 10
Girl who liked chrome rims = 9
Girls who said chrome was played out = 7.5

So the moral of this story is…… I am horny and want to bang all three of them and I don’t have chrome rims.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:20 PM
Instructor

My new 20 inch TSW wheels I recently put on my TL.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:49 PM
Instructor

please take them off...
Old 10-13-2005, 08:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Today, 9:15 AM
We have different styles and backgrounds, period. Wheels are like political parties, you can't make everybody happy.

Well said.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:43 PM
Instructor

please take them off...
You want me to take them off because you have them also huh? Yeah, they look sweet I know.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:36 AM
audio sq guru

They look like they take a lot of time to clean.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Automobile Aficionado

Talking

Originally Posted by ludachrisvt
I think those were 21/22s on the concept
They were 21s on the TL Concept. I loved the TL Concept, with the wheels and interior, didn't like the kit all that much though. But the concept seriously modified the fenders to make 21s w/245/35-21 tires fit, not realistic to do 21s unless come out with 245/30-21 or 245/25-21 tire and somebody actually wanted to try it.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:10 PM
Advanced

hey twenties can you get me a quote on the modulare m2"s for a tl? i read you are in contact with teh owner.. i would appreciate it greatly

Quick Reply: TWENTY-INCH WHEELS on 05 NBP