treal's 6 speed '04 TL build

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 10:53 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by SalMar
i really like your wheel set up. what is the spacer size you are using? do you experience any rubbing? im lowered now on Tein SA with no spacers and looks kind of weird but i have no rubbing at all.

thanks
No rubbing unless the road gets really technical and the shock fully compresses with the wheel turned. And that's only happened once on the front passenger side because of my error- while parking at a low speed I almost jumped a curb is the best way to put it. Spacers I'm running 15 mm front and 20 mm rear. I have more details on that in this post >> https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-p.../#post15978370

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Wow, someone's been VERY busy.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:05 AM
Instructor

Went a little longer than I should have before changing the oil because of my job, but surprisingly it wasn't as dirty as I thought it would be (75% hwy miles).

To say sorry and pamper my baby a little, I decided to forgo cheaper dino oil and get Mobile 1. I still intend to change the oil around the 7.5k mark again, but this time it should be a lot safer to go that long. But before going out and buying supplies today, I had to call around and reconfirm what was done to the car prior to me buying it at 67k miles. Apparently the 1st owner either did a lot of the maintenance on his own or he went somewhere besides his local Acura dealer most of the time. Either way, I felt pretty good buying full synth, a K&N filter (youtube.com/watch?v=U5vz_krXkRg), and laser iridium plugs. Since plugs are recommended to be replaced around the 105k mark (I think?), I figured the last owner probably didn't replace them unless he was a nut like us

I haven't changed that many sets of plugs, so I can't really say if these were ready to come out, but on most of them the gap was obviously widened/worn. They came out though, and I do feel a larger more responsive jolt to the car now. Feels nice, especially knowing when the plugs were last done. When I get some more time I'll be replacing the front brake pads and flushing all the fluids unless any look to be especially clean. That way, again, I'll know when things were last done to the car.

Oh and I also removed the NRG engine torque damper that I put on not too long ago (~500-1k miles). The steering wheel vibrations are MUCH better with the OEM damper. The no engine rock was REALLY nice for fast shifting+quick maneuvering combos, but the expense was too great for a long distance commuter. My future non-DD will be more along those lines for sure though. I'm thinking an AP2 or 3G Prelude will sit nicely in a future garage

Old 05-18-2017, 05:57 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,921 Likes on 14,461 Posts
Nice, man...
I love maintenance work!
Old 05-18-2017, 08:42 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Well done.
Old 06-24-2017, 03:37 PM
Jeff

Received 815 Likes on 726 Posts
Old 08-07-2017, 06:17 PM
Instructor

Just finished moving into my new place near the Washington coast. I now have my own garage and driveway again!!

Got a line of parts waiting to be put on at this point