Steve's Pics My 2006 ASM TL

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 11:24 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the 1000th post! Way to whore out your own thread, too, by the way. That's OK because I dropped a trio of slick pics of my own ride from yesterday and today in your other thread!

Oh and I don't have any Zaino yet, but that picture you took and posted of the bucket-o-goodies with the Zaino logo and loaded up with detail supplies made me go out to OSH and get myself a little storage bin for my trunk. Of course in that storage bin I packed it full of on-the-go detail stuff like Meguiar's Quick Detail, microfiber towels, large towels (in the event of a drastic watering or catastrophic puddle splashing), Windex, and such.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:11 AM
Safety Car

Received 133 Likes on 129 Posts
Boy Great car, Great pics, and AWESOME COLOR
Old 05-07-2007, 07:35 AM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Location: Rhode Island.....Self-Proclaimed Chromed Cousin of Brettallica
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by brettallica
Congrats on the 1000th post! Way to whore out your own thread, too, by the way. That's OK because I dropped a trio of slick pics of my own ride from yesterday and today in your other thread!

Oh and I don't have any Zaino yet, but that picture you took and posted of the bucket-o-goodies with the Zaino logo and loaded up with detail supplies made me go out to OSH and get myself a little storage bin for my trunk. Of course in that storage bin I packed it full of on-the-go detail stuff like Meguiar's Quick Detail, microfiber towels, large towels (in the event of a drastic watering or catastrophic puddle splashing), Windex, and such.

Yeah ya like that little Zaino bucket do ya? Works great for storage and the handle makes it easy to carry in & out of the house to clean the car. I keep a few simple supplies in the trunk too - the little cargo net on the left works great for that.

Darkson has been rubbing off on me - I think he's my pic pimp now......

He taught me that you can never post enough pics within a thread.................
Old 05-07-2007, 08:34 AM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I envy you for spending a whole day cleaning your car. I'm not that dedicated . It looks great. Now I wish I could find some flowers that will look as good as your tulips. Damn Austin heat just kills everything 2 weeks after I plant them.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:52 AM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Originally Posted by AMIC
I envy you for spending a whole day cleaning your car. I'm not that dedicated . It looks great. Now I wish I could find some flowers that will look as good as your tulips. Damn Austin heat just kills everything 2 weeks after I plant them.

It was a lot of prep work AMIC.....between washing, claying & washing again - before I could even apply the wax/polish. If I had help it would have gone a lot faster.........The clay does an amazing job - the paint feels like glass.....better than when I first took delivery!

Usually I spend my w/e energy out in the yard - that's why the flowers and grass look so good.....LOL.

I still have to do a couple more layers - but that should be easy now that the grunt work is done.

I don't want to be a slave to the TL but once in a while it needs a little undivided attention
Old 05-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

nice ride man, do you think when you get a chance you can take a couple more shots of your CF interior?
Old 05-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Originally Posted by fant0m_TL
nice ride man, do you think when you get a chance you can take a couple more shots of your CF interior?

These are the best ones I have of it so far but I know there are more of others on here...

I'm not crazy about the rear piece but I don't see it much ....... I'm never in the back seat....LOL

These 2 pieces are hard to see here but one goes around the cup holder area and the other fits over the seat heaters..........they are my favorites - the car should have come with these.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:48 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
That's the first time I've seen that color interior before...just goes to show how few TLs there are around here. That looks fantastic, and the carbon fiber looks sweet, too.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Thanks Brett.............I was kinda 50/50 on the quartz when I saw it. The light carpet scared me as lighter shows more wear....but it's only me and I keep the car clean. 303 has a carpet cleaner I use once in a while for spots. I did put the ebony carpet mats in it and that really helped to keep the two tone going - not to mention the ebony floor mats are easier to keep clean.

The two tone really impressed me - only 2 choices for interiors with ASM. Ebony is great too but I just came out of an Accord NBP/Ebony and wanted a different look.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Originally Posted by SteveP66
Thanks Brett.............I was kinda 50/50 on the quartz when I saw it. The light carpet scared me as lighter shows more wear....but it's only me and I keep the car clean. 303 has a carpet cleaner I use once in a while for spots. I did put the ebony carpet mats in it and that really helped to keep the two tone going - not to mention the ebony floor mats are easier to keep clean.

The two tone really impressed me - only 2 choices for interiors with ASM. Ebony is great too but I just came out of an Accord NBP/Ebony and wanted a different look.
That two-tone look is hot. The ebony dash (what I have) is really hard to keep clean because little dust pebbles, hair, and anything that is not stark black shows up very easily. The quartz and parchment interiors are both way better at hiding things like that, at least from past experiences with cars I've owned prior to this one. I know what you mean about the light colored carpet, though. That IS tough to keep clean, so good call with the ebony floor mats.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Thanks - I remember my Ebony interior........not that it was ever dirty but it was a dust magnet.

What's really going to look hot is when I add the Aspec steering wheel.............those little gray leather accents will match my seats!!

I will never understand why the Aspec wheel has gray leather accents - what do you do when you put one in a parchment interior?

I'll have to get some more interior pics this week for ya...........it will give me a good excuse to whore out this thread again mid week.....LOL

I'm turing into you know who with pics......
Old 05-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Talking

Quick little update: My post on 5/5 should have read May 2007 Updated PICS - Zaino!! (2006 what was I thinking)??

LOL - What can I say I was wiped when I posted.

Anyway - Just finished my 2nd application tonight - Z7? wash, Z6, Z5, Z2 and a final Z6 wipe.

Tomorrow I'm doing the interior. Only took 2.5 hours tonight for the second application - and it could be my imagination but the wax/polish seemed to go on much easier tonight. Not sure if it was because it's the 2nd application or because it was cooler tonight and the car in complete shade.

The shine - ahhhh what can I say - it looks mahvelous
Old 05-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn, the car definitely looks like it's missin somethin w/o the OEM navi in its place
Old 05-16-2007, 07:38 AM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Originally Posted by Alfie
Damn, the car definitely looks like it's missin somethin w/o the OEM navi in its place

Yeah the Navi is a nice to have but it doesn't bother me at all - when the radio controls and stuff are lit it doesn't look that bad.

Plus given the fact that it was an 06 leftover which the dealer was dying to sell it was hard to say no :-)
Old 05-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

A New Mod - more to come !!!!

May 23, 2007

The newest mod thanks to Buda !!

Here's a quick tease of my new grill ........
.... more smoked chrome accents are coming!!

Old 05-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Rear End Almost Complete

Update to my Smoked Chrome - Rear emblems have been installed I'm just waiting on one more piece to arrive which goes on the license plate trim

Stay tuned - Next update will include new pics with my Aspec Body Kit installed
Old 05-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Fantastic. I really like that look. Do you have more custom chrome on your car than I do now? That's unacceptable...what else can I chrome? hmmm... JK .... looks good, man!
Old 05-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Fantastic. I really like that look. Do you have more custom chrome on your car than I do now? That's unacceptable...what else can I chrome? hmmm... JK .... looks good, man!
Thanks Cousin............Ya know, I think I do have more custom chrome than you !

I'm really happy with it and I can't wait for the trunk trim. That will really finish it off nicely.

I'm doing the Aspec body kit this week - little shy about it but I think I can handle it.

Than I need to do a new photoshoot!
Old 05-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Tri State ViP Crew

Great work there Steve. I know the a-spec kit will definately give the car a very different and wonderful look.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:54 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
where did you get the shift knob?
Old 05-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Originally Posted by Darkcyde024
where did you get the shift knob?
That came from eBay - leather and carbon fiber.........it is off the 07 TLS

Originally Posted by triton3k
Great work there Steve. I know the a-spec kit will definately give the car a very different and wonderful look.
I hope so - timid about doing it myself but I'm going to give it a shot.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Aspec Kit Finally Installed !!

Ok guys here it is..........I was a little hesitant about doing the install myself but I'm glad I did. (Saved a few hundred dollars doing so)

I started with the sides - the easiest to install and a quick way to boost my confidence.

I then moved to the rear lip - this one took the longest.......after it was on I decided it was best to stop for the day. It was getting hot (nearing 90) and I was pretty much exhausted ..........

Next day (today) I was up early and finished it off with the front lip.

Special thanks to Buda for the custom chrome -

Brettallica for leading me down the path of Chrome-ness -

and Darksom1 (yeah I had to mention him) he was the one who suggested I purchase the chrome from Buda.....

(Did I forget anybody?) - I feel like I am at the Oscars....

I now have one unique TL !

CUSTOM SMOKED CHROME GRILL !!!!

CUSTOM SMOKED EMBLEMS ALL AROUND

THE TRUNK TRIM WILL BE CUSTOM CHROMED AS WELL

I LOVE THE LOOK OF THE ASPEC KIT !!!!!

Old 05-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Starcraft II addict

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts
^-- Oh baby, lookin' sweet! That chrome and a-spec kit are really setting you car on fire!

As you know the trunk trim is on it's way to you now. Can't wait to see the pic of the complete "rear grill".
Old 05-30-2007, 04:52 PM
2005 Acura TL w/ Navi

how do u take off the rear side markers? i wanted to change mine on my 05 SSM..also when you changed your tail's..did you have to change/modify any wiring, circuit boards?
Old 05-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Ok guys here it is..........I was a little hesitant about doing the install myself but I'm glad I did. (Saved a few hundred dollars doing so)

I started with the sides - the easiest to install and a quick way to boost my confidence.

I then moved to the rear lip - this one took the longest.......after it was on I decided it was best to stop for the day. It was getting hot (nearing 90) and I was pretty much exhausted ..........

Next day (today) I was up early and finished it off with the front lip.

Special thanks to Buda for the custom chrome -

Brettallica for leading me down the path of Chrome-ness -

and Darksom1 (yeah I had to mention him) he was the one who suggested I purchase the chrome from Buda.....

(Did I forget anybody?) - I feel like I am at the Oscars....

I now have one unique TL !
Look at that hot, custom TL! That's looking really nice. I feel like I've just watched one of my apprentices graduate and that I must relinquish my title of "Chrome Master." Steve, I crown thee.

Seriously, though, it does look great; the whole package. Dare I say "it's time to get yourself some cleared headlights" ? jk, you can be done (if you want)
Old 05-30-2007, 04:56 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Originally Posted by PeteThaPitbull
how do u take off the rear side markers? i wanted to change mine on my 05 SSM..also when you changed your tail's..did you have to change/modify any wiring, circuit boards?
The side markers come off very easily through the inside of the trunk. It's literally a 10 minute swap out.

The tail lights are a little more work as you have to drop your bumper down a bit to get access to two bolts under the light. From there it's plug & play.......same wiring, same LED board.......it's pretty easy.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:14 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Originally Posted by Buda
^-- Oh baby, lookin' sweet! That chrome and a-spec kit are really setting you car on fire!

As you know the trunk trim is on it's way to you now. Can't wait to see the pic of the complete "rear grill".
Thanks Buda - I'm very happy with it and I can't thank you enough for the chrome.

Look at that hot, custom TL! That's looking really nice. I feel like I've just watched one of my apprentices graduate and that I must relinquish my title of "Chrome Master." Steve, I crown thee.

Seriously, though, it does look great; the whole package. Dare I say "it's time to get yourself some cleared headlights" ? jk, you can be done (if you want)

LOL - You still have the title Brett ....... I'll be the Prince you can be King!

It was you that got me going on the chrome, then Buda stepped in with a twist.....then Darksom giving me the final push.

I just couldn't bring myself to take the front bumper cover off........I was too scared.... so cleared headlights will not be in my immediate future....LOL.

As it was I had to postpone other "grill mods" for now - because I wanted my kit on this week.

I still have a couple things to do........but I think I need a short break before I go doing anything else.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:19 PM
2005 Acura TL w/ Navi

where did you buy the 07 side markers from?
Old 05-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Originally Posted by PeteThaPitbull
where did you buy the 07 side markers from?
Acura of Escondido (eBay) but you could also buy them from Hondacuraworld.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
looking real nice Steve, how come you didn't do the foglight too.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:38 PM
2005 Acura TL w/ Navi

i just ordered my cleared rear side markers
Old 05-30-2007, 07:11 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

You still have the title Brett ....... I'll be the Prince you can be King!

It was you that got me going on the chrome, then Buda stepped in with a twist.....then Darksom giving me the final push.

I still have a couple things to do........but I think I need a short break before I go doing anything else.
Ok, first things first...

1) That is sheer, unadulterated...
H-O-T-N-E-S-S!!! Good job Steve! Nice!

2) Oh hell no!!!!! Would there be any laser show, dancing chicks, and confetti without my voice crying out from the darkside..."Get Buda to sell you the parts...parts...parts...parts (echo)"?? NO is the answer! So let's recap shall we and "mod" that post of yours:

"You still have the title Dark ....... I'll be the Prince, along with Brett, while you, as if, and without a doubt...can be King! It was you that got me going on modding my grille in the first place via that wonderful thread and your shining example, not to mention the ultimate kick in the butt to get the pieces from Buda since he no longer needed them, then Buda stepped in with a twist.....then Brett giving me the final push." Uh-huh...that's your story and your sticking to it!

3) No rest for the weary!! Did Acura rest when they built this car? NO! Soooo, we won't rest while there is a'modding to be done! On your feet soldier and give me two...foglights that is!

Well (dusting my hands off), everything seems to be in order now...

You may now return to your regularly scheduled program!!
Old 05-30-2007, 10:01 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Originally Posted by THTL
looking real nice Steve, how come you didn't do the foglight too.

I have to give those some more thought - I like the look BUT I'm totally chicken to take the bumper off - not to mention the fact that I will have trouble trying to get them wired.

I still haven't quite made up my mind on the lower grills so for now I think I'm temporarily done.....LOL
Old 05-30-2007, 10:03 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Originally Posted by darksom1
Ok, first things first...

1) That is sheer, unadulterated...
H-O-T-N-E-S-S!!! Good job Steve! Nice!
BIG EDIT by Me! (you can read it in the other post....LOL)

Originally Posted by darksom1
3) No rest for the weary!! Did Acura rest when they built this car? NO! Soooo, we won't rest while there is a'modding to be done! On your feet soldier and give me two...foglights that is!

Well (dusting my hands off), everything seems to be in order now...

You may now return to your regularly scheduled program!!

You are crazy.....LOL

Thanks again for the kick...... :-)
Old 05-30-2007, 10:06 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

BIG EDIT by Me! (you can read it in the other post....LOL)

You are crazy.....LOL

Thanks again for the kick...... :-)
You know me man, always a team player!
Old 05-30-2007, 10:14 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smoked Grill is nice. DIY?
Old 05-30-2007, 10:19 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Originally Posted by blue96813
Smoked Grill is nice. DIY?

Oh don't I wish - worked with another Aziner to have it custom chromed by a pro!
Old 05-31-2007, 11:21 AM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Looks awesome! Love the A-spec kit on the light colored cars.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:56 AM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Originally Posted by AMIC
Looks awesome! Love the A-spec kit on the light colored cars.

Thanks so much AMIC - lot's of work but well worth the investment..........

I've seen a few TL's around RI and only counted 1 that had an Aspec kit. The others are all stockies.....

Guess they haven't found Azine yet
Old 07-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

The Next Mod.........

Ok here's a couple pics of the next mod - these are the OEM Illuminated Door Sills.

Direct replacements for the OEM factory sills only LIGHTED!

Probably going to be a big job to install (for me anyway) since there are several trim pieces that need to be removed. I have had the sills for about a month now and I have been doing some wiring research and studying the directions.

I think I can do it myself...... going to attempt my install this weekend..

Quick Reply: Steve's Pics My 2006 ASM TL