SSM3GTL's Progress Thread-Updated 7-24-11

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010 | 05:23 PM
Doin' The Damn Thing

SSM3GTL's Progress Thread-Updated 7-24-11

I know I know, another progress thread. Huge surprise.

Anywho, I got the car about a month and a half ago, and haven't done a huge amount of stuff to it yet, but I tried to get a few major (for me) mods done before I go back to school here soon...here's the small list so far:

-ATLP V2 Quads
-AEM V2
-Door lock delete mod
-6000k HID Fogs

While it's a short list, it'll certainly work for the time being, especially given my age and status as a student lol

mmmm quads

AEM V2 (it's the V2, but they sent me just a regular AEM sticker for it, not the one with V2 on it, but hey, it's better than them sending me a V1 intake with the V2 sticker on it

Door lock delete

My feeble, half-assed attempt at the ultimate cooling mod lol...i didn't want to entirely cut up the visible side, and had seen another member do the same, so I followed suit, the side under the hood is completely cut out

This doesn't really count as a mod, but it's slick nonetheless. I usually want to keep my iPhone charging when I'm in the car, and the previous charger I had stuck out quite a bit when inserted into the cigarette lighter, but the other day at Best Buy i found a Belkin "Micro Charger", and once inserted into the lighter, it sits flush with it, and it works perfectly with our cig lighter because even with the charger in, the little spring loaded door still closes like it should, so I enjoy it lol

Unfortunately the latest mod was defacing my rear windshield with this screamin' yellow parking sticker lol, but hey, gotta learn

aaaand a few beauty shots

Hopefully the next mods will be an RV6 J-pipe and some di-noc in the interior...oh! and the car is an 07, 25k miles, taupe interior.

Thanks Guys!
Old 08-18-2010 | 05:29 PM
F-SPORT

I was like it looks like bullet holes, dont know what you doing there, but the atlp quads are HOT and a NBP TYPE S is hot too!

That charger thing is also cool!!

Last edited by LTxArucAx60; 08-18-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-18-2010 | 05:46 PM
Race Director

Damn.... looking good!
Old 08-18-2010 | 10:31 PM
Doin' The Damn Thing

Originally Posted by LTxArucAx60
I was like it looks like bullet holes, dont know what you doing there, but the atlp quads are HOT and a NBP TYPE S is hot too!

That charger thing is also cool!!
haha yeah i know, the holes are pretty carelessly drilled, but alas it does provide some cooling and that piece is entirely plastic so if I ever do want to replace it i guess i could do that.

and yeah, the only problem with that charger is that since it sits flush in there, once it's in, it's INSANELY difficult to get back out of the cigarette lighter. Especially because of the location of the outlet in the bottom corner of that compartment lol

Originally Posted by guitarplayer16
Damn.... looking good!
Thank you sir!
Old 08-18-2010 | 10:38 PM

Great Looking car!

Your user name fooled me, I was thinking it was going to be silver!
Old 08-18-2010 | 10:46 PM
ScoobyZINE

Car's looking good bro! Too bad on the parking sticker. My school requires we have our tag hanging from the mirror when parked, I just throw it on the dash. I get harrassed all the time because my whole windshield is tinted
Old 08-18-2010 | 11:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Ahhh yes Waco...I remember living there for 3 years.
Old 08-18-2010 | 11:09 PM
Doin' The Damn Thing

Originally Posted by justnspace
Great Looking car!

Your user name fooled me, I was thinking it was going to be silver!
lol yeah, its because when I first got onto A-zine years ago, it was because my dad had an 04 ssm, so I figured i'd make that my username, this was before i could drive though hahahah

Originally Posted by AMUA6
Car's looking good bro! Too bad on the parking sticker. My school requires we have our tag hanging from the mirror when parked, I just throw it on the dash. I get harrassed all the time because my whole windshield is tinted
yeah I really really really wish we could use hangtags, but alas...

in high school we had hangtags, so you'd think colleges might do the same
Old 08-18-2010 | 11:10 PM
Doin' The Damn Thing

Originally Posted by NAiL05
Ahhh yes Waco...I remember living there for 3 years.
haha yeah, waco isn't too much to write home about. It's good in doses. Thank god for summer lol
Old 08-18-2010 | 11:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Its good as long as you know where to go.
Old 08-18-2010 | 11:13 PM
Doin' The Damn Thing

Its good as long as you know where to go.
haha true story, my favorite motto is from a Rudy's BBQ t-shirt...."Even the bear gets sauced!" haha oh college.
Old 08-18-2010 | 11:14 PM
Team Owner

Progressive threads are fine-we like seeing what others have done to their cars. Be sure to join our Type S Social Group here.
Old 08-19-2010 | 10:57 AM

Progress threads FTW! I like them way more than posting a new thread every time I get something on my car.

19 and with a Type-S? I envy you sir. I wanted to buy a KBP Type-S when I was car shopping and I couldn't find one I could afford

Your car looks great and I'm looking forward to seeing what else you have in store for it
Old 08-19-2010 | 12:25 PM
2004 SSM FTMFW !!!!

Car looks clean nice progress thread, try to make it out to the meet on the 28th
Old 08-19-2010 | 01:23 PM
Doin' The Damn Thing

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Progress threads FTW! I like them way more than posting a new thread every time I get something on my car.

19 and with a Type-S? I envy you sir. I wanted to buy a KBP Type-S when I was car shopping and I couldn't find one I could afford

Your car looks great and I'm looking forward to seeing what else you have in store for it
thank you! yeah to be honest I was in the market for a KBP, but the only ones I found had considerably more mileage than this one, so I guess it was fate lol

Originally Posted by Dat Boi Ralph
Car looks clean nice progress thread, try to make it out to the meet on the 28th
Ralph I'm gonna try and make it down, i'm already back up at school but I really wanna meet some of you guys so i'll do my best to make it!
Old 08-19-2010 | 03:06 PM
1st TL-S on air in

that micro usb charger is slick. But so far you are on the right track on mods. Any thoughts about suspension?
Old 08-19-2010 | 05:46 PM
Doin' The Damn Thing

Originally Posted by wrxyboy
that micro usb charger is slick. But so far you are on the right track on mods. Any thoughts about suspension?
yeah I definitely have interest in some suspension mods, but it might be awhile because A)I already blew the money I had on the exhaust and intake and B) i'm not partial to the way it looks lowered with the stock rims, so i'll probably wait to lower it until i get some rims, but suspension mods are certainly on the list!
Old 08-19-2010 | 06:45 PM
Suzuka Master

car looks great ... except for the bullet holes lol. what ur next mod, wheels?
Old 08-19-2010 | 07:15 PM
Burning Brakes

my favorite is the belkin micro charger i want one now
Old 08-19-2010 | 09:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Looks good. Hopefully we will see you at a few meets. I just went to Rudy's down in Waco a few days ago to drop off a car over by macgregor.
Old 08-19-2010 | 09:24 PM
Doin' The Damn Thing

Originally Posted by ionojimbo
my favorite is the belkin micro charger i want one now
lol 20 bucks at Best Buy!

Originally Posted by VQPower37
car looks great ... except for the bullet holes lol. what ur next mod, wheels?
yeah yeah yeah, i know they look like bullet holes but you can't even see them unless you happen to know where to look, and i'm more worried about the purpose lol.....and yeah wheels or j pipe will be the next mod for sure

Looks good. Hopefully we will see you at a few meets. I just went to Rudy's down in Waco a few days ago to drop off a car over by macgregor.
definitely, haha you havent been anywhere in waco until youve been to this place called Burrito King, right off of 35 on Valley Mills...can you say sketchy?
Old 08-19-2010 | 11:06 PM
Advanced

Beautiful! Going to Baylor was one of my options after high school, but for some ungodly reason I stayed in Houston.

I'm going to have to get myself one of those Micro Charger also.
Old 08-23-2010 | 10:41 AM
Doin' The Damn Thing

Originally Posted by kostya.lyt
Beautiful! Going to Baylor was one of my options after high school, but for some ungodly reason I stayed in Houston.

I'm going to have to get myself one of those Micro Charger also.
lol yeah the micro charger is already proving itself as a wise investment, it was only like 20 bucks too......group buy?! haha

and yeah, unfortunately at baylor my car doesn't really get noticed because there's plenty of nicer ones...plenty of crappier ones also, but certainly lots of nice ones. Although in my two years here I have yet to see another type-s!
Old 08-23-2010 | 11:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

Yea I have actually. Usually I go off the trucks which are pretty good. I went to the one off of 17/18th street/valley mills since I used to live in the apartments back there. It was a BP gas station as I recall they got some good tacos, burritos, and tortas. Its been while since I have been around there but they went from a trailer to a truck though since I have been there haha.
Old 08-23-2010 | 11:53 AM
From a 2G to a 3G!

Looking good! Crazy big parking decal lol, and do the a-spec NEXT!
Old 07-23-2011 | 06:19 PM
Doin' The Damn Thing

One Year Update! 7/23/2011

Well, I've had my TL-S for a little over a year now, and also just rolled past 40,000 miles, so I figured I'd take a moment and bring you guys up to speed...

At last update, I'd done the following mods..

ATLP V2 Quads
AEM V2
Door Lock Delete

Since then, i've gotten rid of the stock j-pipe...

in favor of the RV6 version, which I've loved so far

I also replaced the stock shift knob with the Maven one, which is fantastic!

as well as some new HIDs for my fogs, so now I need to get the headlights to match..

Then unfortunately a month or so ago some truck in my apartment complex backed into my car while it was parked, and somehow only crunched my taillight, which I managed to replace out in the scalding heat lol...

So that's really it in the modification department, but for my driving habits and all, I certainly enjoy it the way it is

And here's two randoms just for kicks...

my dad and mine's TL's (his is the one I learned to drive on, thus the inspiration for my username)..

and then, somehow, earlier this year, it snowed in Waco, TX, and STUCK...overnight! so I went outside in the morning to a sight I doubt i'll ever see again...my baby all covered in snow!

So that's it for now, thanks to everyone on here for their insight and knowledge, I barely post but I've been on here since before I could drive haha and have learned so much about my car....so thanks!
Old 07-23-2011 | 06:25 PM
Doin' The Damn Thing

ps how the hell do you edit the thread title? lol
Old 07-23-2011 | 09:59 PM

Awesome progress! I can't wait to get a j-pipe on my car.

The only way you can edit the name of the thread is by contacting a Moderator and having them change it.
Old 08-01-2011 | 03:36 PM
Doin' The Damn Thing

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Awesome progress! I can't wait to get a j-pipe on my car.

The only way you can edit the name of the thread is by contacting a Moderator and having them change it.
Yeah I've really enjoyed the combo of the ATLP exhaust and the RV-6 J-pipe, it definitely sounds naaaaaaasty (in a good way)