Spring 2009 Starter Thread! Toronto!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 11:27 PM
sjo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wes_R
Hey sjo I forgot to ask you on Sunday where you got that Tein sticker at?

Oh yeah and... Toronto in the building lick off shot brap brap and all that good stuff.
Haha the "tein sticker" is a DIY. I somehow had two huge tein cartoon logos, so I got bored one day and laminated them and stuck them on from the inside. It's pretty out there, but still flows for a clean look imo. You'll be the first I'll think of, when I think about taking them off.

Hollaaaaaaaa next time if you're just 'chilling and detailing cars' . I'll come by to see what's up and learn a thing or two from you if you don't mind!

Originally Posted by Dougboy
Nothing against the photographer but ..... your car looks even better in person

Now i really need to black out my grill like yours. Anybody know where that grill tutorial thread is?
Thanks! Can't really blame my photographer though, it was cold that night and my car wasn't as low as it is now. A+ for his efforts.

When you going to shoot my car for me, Doug? We shall meet up for more shoots.

As for the grill, it was quite simple. I took the lazy alternative and just wrapped everything up that I didn't want painted (which involves sliding the tape into crevices and running fingernail or credit card over so it 'wraps' along the edges), sanding, priming, painting, and clear coats. Came out pretty nicely and has held on for quite some time now. I'll be redoing them once it gets warmer out, since I have a few rock chips on them. I'll be sure to let you know when?
Old 04-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sjo
I'll be redoing them once it gets warmer out, since I have a few rock chips on them. I'll be sure to let you know when?
Alright sounds good

Ive done shoots for 8thcivic guys but never shot an acurazine member (no pun intended). So i look forward to that too as soon as exams are over

......and i know my names Dougboy but my name isnt really Doug