Peewizzle '05 6MT SSM Progress

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 04:54 PM
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts
so dealing with a stripped open end lug nut wasn't fun. I spent about a half hour trying to somehow bang it out using a larger size socket but that didn't work. ended up having to go to Home Depot and buy a cobalt drill tip and drilling that sucker out.

The good thing is that it's the stud that's attached to the spacer, so I didn't ruin the factory studs.

After that I went and switched out tires. So instead of the beefy 245/40 I changed to 215/45 and I think my stance looks a little better now. The rubbing is completely gone and it was driving me insane. I'm hoping to sometime get some coils to close the wheel gap better but who knows when a good deal on that'll pop up.

I decided to mess around with random filters so I apologize ahead of time for the over processed photos.

Old 07-08-2016, 04:55 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by BreezyTL
I like the beefy tire. Go with a thinner spacer and pick up some SPC upper arms to pull the top of the wheel in a little for clearance!!!

That is one hell of a deal. You do come across those once in awhile!!! I found myself some brand new winter tires with aftermarket wheels for $150!!! Also snagged some 18x8.5 Aspecs with a little curbage for $180 for all 4!!!!!!!!!
Damn that's a deal and a half!! I want a set of chrome A Specs but I'm not sure if they fit over the Brembos.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:49 PM
Pro

Girlfriend surprised me with the gift of a window tinting job so I made an appointment with Tint King out in Billerica, MA and they did a phenomenal job. I was originally quoted $250 for their base LLumar charcoal dye film + $80 to install the moleskin felt, but then the owner Brian gave me a deal on their LLumar CTX ceramic film + moleskin for $370. I called a few other shops in the Central MA and Metrowest Boston area and the average price was ~$275-$400. The main selling point was the heat-reducing trait for this film and with my black interior I'd rather not be sweating up a storm while driving.

Tint shade is 35%, legal limit in MA.

Below are photos taken after installation this morning with overcast weather, will update at a later time with sun photos.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:17 PM
Pro

Actually, now that I take a look at my receipt, it looks like I have Formula One Pinnacle installed not the LLumar CTX.

Does anyone know any differences between the LLumar CTX and Formula One Pinnacle? As far I can tell, they're the same company.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:22 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
I don't know the difference, but the tint DOES look good!
Old 07-20-2016, 08:20 PM
Pro

Was able to get a few pics in of the tint during the day. Paint looks a little blue because we had a bright blue Scion IM parked a spot over from me. Pics were taken a little after 12PM so sun was high overhead.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:21 PM
Pro

I've also replaced the door, map, dome, glove box, visor, trunk, and rear license plate lights with LED bulbs. SOOO much nicer looking, now the car lights up like Fenway every night.

Last edited by peewizzle; 07-20-2016 at 08:22 PM. Reason: more photo
Old 07-20-2016, 08:54 PM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
^^^ LOL I have those same bulbs, I've turned my interior lights off. Everyone who's been in my car have said, "its TOO DAMN BRIGHT!" LOL

Last edited by Steven Bell; 07-21-2016 at 08:08 PM. Reason: No need to re-quote the previous post, especially if you're the next person posting.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:00 PM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
P.S. Be careful w/ cassette auxiliary jack, after many uses w/ it the cassette got stuck in my tape deck, had to get a new radio because I couldn't get it out. You should go w/ an iSimple later down the road.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:10 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Duronn
LOL I have those same bulbs, I've turned my interior lights off. Everyone who's been in my car have said, "its TOO DAMN BRIGHT!" LOL

.S. Be careful w/ cassette auxiliary jack, after many uses w/ it the cassette got stuck in my tape deck, had to get a new radio because I couldn't get it out. You should go w/ an iSimple later down the road.
I love the brightness so far, but yeah the GF already has complaints haha

I really want to get rid of the cassette auxiliary but all the bluetooth options I keep finding are too $$, though since I've reactivated the XM I've barely used the aux
Old 07-21-2016, 03:11 PM
UA6MT

Received 252 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by peewizzle
I love the brightness so far, but yeah the GF already has complaints haha

I really want to get rid of the cassette auxiliary but all the bluetooth options I keep finding are too $$, though since I've reactivated the XM I've barely used the aux
If that ever happens, just wiggle it around in there with a small flathead until it reads again and pop it out. Happened to me last year and dealer said I needed a new radio lol. Look into bluetooth fm transmitters. I paid $25 for mine and is way better than the cassette. Car looks amazing by the way.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:02 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by numairh
If that ever happens, just wiggle it around in there with a small flathead until it reads again and pop it out. Happened to me last year and dealer said I needed a new radio lol. Look into bluetooth fm transmitters. I paid $25 for mine and is way better than the cassette. Car looks amazing by the way.
Thanks

How is sound quality with the bluetooth FM transmitter??? I've tried a regular wired FM transmitter and I wasn't a fan of the weak sound quality through the radio.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:06 PM
UA6MT

Received 252 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by peewizzle
Thanks

How is sound quality with the bluetooth FM transmitter??? I've tried a regular wired FM transmitter and I wasn't a fan of the weak sound quality through the radio.
It is much better to be honest. Much clearer. Occasionally the quality gets a little eh, but its worth the money and it way better than the cassette aux. Also, if your HFL crapped out you can use this to make calls as well. Here is a link to the one I have. https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Tra...etooth+car+kit
Old 07-21-2016, 08:08 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
I like the LED's.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:46 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by numairh
It is much better to be honest. Much clearer. Occasionally the quality gets a little eh, but its worth the money and it way better than the cassette aux. Also, if your HFL crapped out you can use this to make calls as well. Here is a link to the one I have. https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Tra...etooth+car+kit
Awesome! I may have to order that next week, not having to mess with an aux cable would be nice

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
I like the LED's.
I wish I had a better camera to capture their shine, it's really a night and day, pun intended, difference between the factory bulbs and LED. Wish I changed them sooner.