Ossman14's Nighthawk Factory A-Spec

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019 | 01:13 AM
Racer

Hey guys. I see everyone else creeping out of the wood works so I figured I would too. Even though we were in 70's all winter so I have no reason to not have made any progress.

However, I haven't made much of any progress. Changes in work had forced us to tighten up the budgets we had, but such is life. I've been collecting a few parts for some more projects though so hopefully I will be able to get a few things done this spring or summer.

Recently I have just gotten my and my wifes cars cleaned up a bit. Although, the TL is now I need of mounts so I'm preparing for that.

I caught this picture and it makes me smile every time. Our daughter was exploring in the garage while I was drying the car after a wash, and she picked up a towel and started helping me without any direction or motivation. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen her do. I love this little girl so much and I never thought I could.

I restored wifey's headlights and they came out great. I don't know why I put it off so long, we have had the pilot for over a year now. But its done now is all that matters.

And finally my sister got into making things with vinyl. Mugs, cup, shirts. So I had her make me some TL swag...

So yeah. Hopefully I can get some actual new stuff added onto the car soon, I love watching the car go through stages. Keeps me motivated.
Old 03-16-2019 | 07:08 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Sexy shit!
Yeah dude, I have a few of my 3 year old "helping" me put swirls in the car too
Amazing feeling.
I also see that you let your wife drive your TL based on the curbing on those passenger side wheels.
Old 03-16-2019 | 11:20 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Sexy shit!
Yeah dude, I have a few of my 3 year old "helping" me put swirls in the car too
Amazing feeling.
I also see that you let your wife drive your TL based on the curbing on those passenger side wheels.
It really is. Can't explain it and I don't think I expected it when I thought about having a kid, but its great!

But no the wife doesn't know how to drive stick yet, so I cant blame the curbing on her
I actually bought the car like that. 6MT, low miles, A-Spec'd out, but at some point someone definitely rode a curb pretty good. All the wheels have a little curb, but that rear passenger is horrible. The front bumper is also missing a clip, had spider webbing under the clear coat, and the front lip had some damage as well.

I've just been doing cool stuff before getting them fixed lol I really should though. They're becoming more and more noticeable as I mod the car.
Old 03-16-2019 | 04:12 PM

That was sexist of me...
I've curbed like 3 of my last wheels.
Old 03-16-2019 | 06:02 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Absolutely beautiful bro!
Old 05-28-2019 | 11:06 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
Absolutely beautiful bro!
Thank you sir!

Few updates from the last few months that Ive finally got around to.

So I got some much needed maintenance don't. I replaced all 3 motor mounts with Innovative 65a mounts, and replaced the damper with the Xlr8 Damper. The stock damper wouldn't even rebound. And 2 of the 3 mounts were torn.

I also talked my wife into letting me order the Endless Ducklip trunk spoiler while I ordered the mounts. I was going to have it painted professionally, but we found out we have baby numero dos on the way, so it was either do it on the cheap, or hold off. So I used some Duplicolor Perfect Match paint out of the spray cans in the stock color to rattle can it. Didn't come out too bad considering!

Orange Peel City

After wet sanding (at this point I thought I had made a mistake)

After a compound/polish

And then I have been doing some side work lately, figured I throw some random pics up!
Old 05-28-2019 | 11:07 PM
Racer

Wtf flickr!
Old 05-29-2019 | 11:08 AM
Safety Car

Congrats on the future addition! Get those pics fixed!
Old 05-30-2019 | 06:09 AM

Dude, nicely done...
as I scrolled up in the pics I was like wait WTF, is this my old thread
Old 05-30-2019 | 05:57 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by BreezyTL
Congrats on the future addition! Get those pics fixed!
Thanks man!
I think the pics fixed themselves though, IDK

Dude, nicely done...
as I scrolled up in the pics I was like wait WTF, is this my old thread
Ill do something different eventually. That's what you get for doing such a good job in the first place lol
The following users liked this post:
rockstar143 (05-30-2019)
Old 05-30-2019 | 06:32 PM

I didn't mean to imply you didn't have your own style...just the pics of the tails etc I was like what in the fuck...
and PS...I'm the rattle can king and I bow to you, nicely done, sir.
Old 06-04-2019 | 09:55 PM
Racer

I didn't mean to imply you didn't have your own style...just the pics of the tails etc I was like what in the fuck...
and PS...I'm the rattle can king and I bow to you, nicely done, sir.
No no no, I didn't mean it like that dude....just meant the car isn't very heavily modified and is 15 years old, its all been done. I took no offense lol

And thank you though. I've heard horror stories about the rattle canning stuff and was doubting whether I should or not. But it was either have the spoiler sit in the garage for a year ish, or give it a go! all the research paid off for sure though. Thank you!