new paintjob/wheels...whatcha think?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cjTL
What in the..fuck. That's not even black paint anymore. Sorry man but your painter is an idiot if you wanted it painted black. If you like it, great. But I'd be getting that redone.
he said he was going to put just a tad bit, i was like yeh it shouldnt look too bad, wanted to be a lil diff. i hope i get enuff to get a new paintjob
Old 06-14-2010, 07:55 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry about the accident. Maybe now you can use that insurance money and paint it jet black with no flakes.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:03 AM
Veni, vidi, vici

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by oHsicKtL
and here are some more pics.car is quite dirty, ive been lazy to wash it..LOL if youre curious i got hit by some drunk mexicans, for the second time, first time i broke my jaw, second time i fked up my ride..what kinda front/rear end do i have? 06base? and what should i upgrade to? 07 base or type s? i wanna be able to keep my aspec lip i dont wanna have to buy a new lip...
Hey man, you could of just said some drunk GUY's , I'm pretty sure if he was white, you would have said "some drunk guy" without pointing out his ethnecity. I am not Mexican myself, I'm Puerto Rican but I have a half brother who is half mexican and I think thats pretty f*cked up. Did you even ask the guys if they were mexicans? or did you just assume they were because they were drunk and spoke spanish?

anyway, you have a base TL, so you could get a base 06 or 07 bumper but it doesn't really matter if you going to get an ASPEC lip. if you get the type-s aspec lip, you will need to just cut out enough of the base bumper so make it flush with the the type-s aspec. I think its cheaper then getting a type-s bumper.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bayam0n
Hey man, you could of just said some drunk GUY's , I'm pretty sure if he was white, you would have said "some drunk guy" without pointing out his ethnecity. I am not Mexican myself, I'm Puerto Rican but I have a half brother who is half mexican and I think thats pretty f*cked up. Did you even ask the guys if they were mexicans? or did you just assume they were because they were drunk and spoke spanish?

anyway, you have a base TL, so you could get a base 06 or 07 bumper but it doesn't really matter if you going to get an ASPEC lip. if you get the type-s aspec lip, you will need to just cut out enough of the base bumper so make it flush with the the type-s aspec. I think its cheaper then getting a type-s bumper.
im sorry if i offended anyone, but im sure they are mexicans, even the police officer mentioned it, and i was only putting it like that is because both accident were caused by that ethnicity. and both times they didnt have a license... so yeh and im in NOLA and i assumed they are mexicans because everyday i pass homedepot there are like 30 of them standing around waiting for work, again i dont mean to offend anyone and im sorry if i did...is there that much of a differnce between the base and type s aspec lip?
Old 06-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Newb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
is there that much of a differnce between the base and type s aspec lip?
All front lip fits differently because of how the lower grill is shaped. If you're getting Type-S front for a base bumper, you might need to do some cutting but its ok since the lip will cover it at the end. The upper grill is also bigger if you're planning to get honeycomb meshes there.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by spicynoodle116
All front lip fits differently because of how the lower grill is shaped. If you're getting Type-S front for a base bumper, you might need to do some cutting but its ok since the lip will cover it at the end. The upper grill is also bigger if you're planning to get honeycomb meshes there.
i dont quite understand, so get a type s lip for the base bumper? i kinda wanted the type s bumper cuz it looks nicer
Old 06-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Newb

i dont quite understand, so get a type s lip for the base bumper? i kinda wanted the type s bumper cuz it looks nicer
Are you going to get the Type-S A-spec at the end? If so keep your base bumper will work so you save $ on bumper(around $300). Only bad thing about this route is that the honeycomb upper grill have to be modded as well since they dont fit on 04-06 base.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Banned

well my front end looks repairable so i mind as well keep it huh? did u see the pics of my accident, only the rear really needs a bumper (ithink)
Old 06-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Racer

did you have the drunk hispanics paint your car?
throw a virgin Mary sticker on the back window and your good

for real though i like the paint, mabie a lil to much flake, but you dont see it everyday which i like, being different is a good thing.
wont that be hard to fix when not painting the entire car, the amount of flake has to be the same in order to match good luck with insurance. i think you should do the nbp with twice the blue pearl the code calls for i love a midnight blueish color car or a car that looks one color from afar, but up close is something different
Old 06-19-2010, 06:40 PM
Pro

im sorry if i offended anyone, but im sure they are mexicans, even the police officer mentioned it, and i was only putting it like that is because both accident were caused by that ethnicity. and both times they didnt have a license... so yeh and im in NOLA and i assumed they are mexicans because everyday i pass homedepot there are like 30 of them standing around waiting for work, again i dont mean to offend anyone and im sorry if i did...is there that much of a differnce between the base and type s aspec lip?
lol!! fucked up but its so true. Its a public forum so yeah you're gonna offend some people. I dont get why people get mad over that tho, its like Russians/Ukrainians saying they arent the other. Fuck you both look the same, all yall asians look the same too shieett

Anyways, back to the thread: your paint job literally looks :ghey: in other words in fails... lol sorry man MY opinion only. Also my opinion, you must have liked it to some degree otherwise you wouldnt have done it. So fuck what these guys say do what you like quit trying to please people
Old 06-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Illist

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
wow bro....... that looks um... terrible sorry to say. get a better painter, they looked like they barely scuffed the old paint then sprayed the new paint on.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:57 AM
9th Gear

Ouch
Old 06-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Driver Mod

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
craigtl35 and Walshstl are frickin Hirarious !
Old 06-23-2010, 09:28 PM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Damn man, can't believe you got in a wreck that bad right after fresh paint. I myself noticed the bondo on the hood/grill seam Not sure what that means, but I'd definitely go with a new color. Ever consider a solid red? Maybe not candy paint, but more of a fire engine red?
Old 06-24-2010, 07:27 AM
Racer

Yeah man the flakes gotta go....next paintjob just stick to bkack....hey you got some bad luck huh?.....2 bad accidents in such a short time...bummer
Old 06-27-2010, 01:54 AM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I actually like the red flakes, makes it original. Looks good man, if you like it, don't listen to the haters.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:34 PM
I used to own a

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We have a "like this thread" button...where is the button?

Old 06-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 669 Likes on 391 Posts
sorry but that is a really bad paint job.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:01 PM
9th Gear

Asking anyone's opinion on something that different is gonna yield mixed results. personally, i wouldn't go with red, but I think its different enough to be recognizable and tame enough to not be ridiculous.

on that note... good idea, maybe the flakes are too big but fK it, its different. as far as being hulk smashed twice after you just painted it, thats some tuff cookies. just buy some of the paint and flakes that your body shop used, cuz sourcing that out in like 3 years is gonna be fun.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Banned

sparkles! haha...so many shiny's