NBP/RJ Kit/Smoked Headlights/Rockblocker/Grilles & Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006 | 05:35 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by rondog
Kit is made from High quality Polyurethane, not cheap fiberglass. Only kits that are bing picked up are avaialbe prepainted due to the possibility of damaged paint surface in transit.

i see that your from yonkers new york. do you have a shop in new york?
Old 03-03-2006 | 12:22 PM
The Sinister

Originally Posted by Jin22GT
i see that your from yonkers new york. do you have a shop in new york?
i think his office is in ny but the warehouse is in ca.
Old 03-03-2006 | 12:25 PM
One on the right for me

is there any difference in color with the front or was it blended pretty well. im thinking about doing this, im sure its not an issue but just checking
Old 03-03-2006 | 10:03 PM
The Sinister

Originally Posted by subinf
is there any difference in color with the front or was it blended pretty well. im thinking about doing this, im sure its not an issue but just checking
There is no difference in the front. The whole car was repainted NBP. It came out really clean with no popcorn on the paint. If you're talking about the grille, it was painted when the car was painted, so its a perfect match. Even the headlights were painted NBP and then clearcoated. Best of luck!
Old 03-06-2006 | 11:17 PM
Intermediate

Well Done
Old 03-07-2006 | 11:18 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Wheels!

Wheels!

Wheels!
Old 03-07-2006 | 11:37 PM
I'm in

Looks nice...... good job

What everyone else wheels and drop. Any new pics?
Old 03-07-2006 | 11:39 PM
Former Sponsor

tlster, clear out your pm box, and click the sig for what is available from remaining inventory if interested...
Old 03-08-2006 | 01:22 AM
Instructor

Amazing what a little wax does to the before and after pictures....LOL.
Old 03-08-2006 | 03:07 PM
Pro

re

how did u make those headlights look like that i love it, but i dont find the black tailights appealing
Old 03-18-2006 | 05:24 PM
Empire of The Sun

Since the housing is painted with OEM NBP will the heat from the headlights have any affect on the paint?
Old 06-08-2006 | 07:22 PM
B A N N E D

Ok, #1. We all would like 2 know where you got your emblem done. I would like to know what % tint you got for your taillight.
Old 07-16-2006 | 03:28 AM
Tint The Windshield

Originally Posted by tlster04
They took the emblems off and sanded them down to roughen up the chrome. And then it was painted normally with oem paint. Its not something you can just sand at home with different grades of sand paper. European Collision Works in Revere sanded the brains out of it. One thing I did not want to do was put clearcoat on. I think the emblems and the grill would have flowed too much with the car. The flat black makes the emblem and grill stick out a little. Again the pictures dont do any justice!
Anymore details about how the process was done? I took it to a body shop and they said that they wouldn't think I would like the way it'd turn out because that material the grille is made out of is too porus (not level enough) and the paint wouldn't shine, etc. like the rest of the car.

I dont really want it to be blingin like the rest of the car ... I just want it to be like yours ... so if you could give anymore details about it ... please do, thanks! I'll go around to some more shops to see what they can do about it.

I can't decide if I want to paint my grille ALL black or have it like this girl had it ... what do ya think?

Old 07-16-2006 | 04:26 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by AcurasGhost
Anymore details about how the process was done? I took it to a body shop and they said that they wouldn't think I would like the way it'd turn out because that material the grille is made out of is too porus (not level enough) and the paint wouldn't shine, etc. like the rest of the car.

I dont really want it to be blingin like the rest of the car ... I just want it to be like yours ... so if you could give anymore details about it ... please do, thanks! I'll go around to some more shops to see what they can do about it.

I can't decide if I want to paint my grille ALL black or have it like this girl had it ... what do ya think?

Maybe the body shop didnt know how to do it? I got the whole front grill painted black, left the "A" chrome, and also had the strip in the back above the plate painted black and it matches perfect. Any body shop should be able to do it.
Old 07-16-2006 | 06:59 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jumpman45
Maybe the body shop didnt know how to do it? I got the whole front grill painted black, left the "A" chrome, and also had the strip in the back above the plate painted black and it matches perfect. Any body shop should be able to do it.

That's exactly the way mine is going to be done. How about some shots of the back?
Old 07-16-2006 | 08:22 PM
Instructor

I dont have any pics myself, but here's some pics from Iceman23 and his TL.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134751
Old 07-16-2006 | 08:24 PM
Instructor

i've been searching for stock wheels with body kit pictures for almost a month now!!
and i finally see them!thank god!!!
can you put up more pictures of the side view?
cuz i want to get a body kit too...but no money for wheels
thank you sooo much
your car looks awesome
Old 07-17-2006 | 04:19 PM
Tint The Windshield

I'm getting my grille painted this week. Leaving the dark grey part alone, but the bright silver peices painted black. The chrome "A" symbol I'm going to have to search to find in black bc they said it would be hard to do bc they couldn't sand it down enough for the paint to last real long and be durable. I'll also see about taking that silver peice off above the license plate.

Originally Posted by babi_boi_31
i've been searching for stock wheels with body kit pictures for almost a month now!!
and i finally see them!thank god!!!
can you put up more pictures of the side view?
cuz i want to get a body kit too...but no money for wheels
thank you sooo much
your car looks awesome
Tons Of Them Here - Click Here
Old 07-17-2006 | 04:36 PM
nnInn

Originally Posted by tlster04
The pictures really dont do much justice, but the all black front is pretty agressive looking. I didnt want anything that stuck out. At night, all you see are the two headlights. No chrome; no silver! The production version of the batmobile concept car ! For suspension im doing the Tein Super Streets coils, and the wheels are still to be determined. What do people think about 19's in the front and 20's in the back? Or should I do the same size all around? I am lookin into something black with a deep chrome lip. Thats right, the only bling ill have will be on the shoes ! If anyone wants to photoshop a picture, I will try to take a picture of the car with the side view and post it. In the meantime, here are two more pics!

The only thing that will fuck this up, is the way that Mitsu and Ford are parking. It looks like you have assigned parking (I see numbers), I'd be all over that Mitsu's ASS to park correctly it's clear they don't care about their cars!!!

I think I would have a talk with them.
Old 07-18-2006 | 01:25 AM
Instructor

the tv&nav to go (did you get the back-up camera there too?)
i saw it at their web-site
did you order from them and install them by yourself?
or did you went to their manufacture shop?
Old 07-19-2006 | 07:55 PM
Tint The Windshield

Originally Posted by babi_boi_31
the tv&nav to go (did you get the back-up camera there too?)
i saw it at their web-site
did you order from them and install them by yourself?
or did you went to their manufacture shop?
Not sure if your talking to me or not ... but I did not get the camera there. I got the camera from Wendy on Ebay (the lady who a lot of us have used). I ordered the converter, dvd player, etc. through them but used a different hardwire FM modulator (used for sound) that tvandnavtogo.com uses. Any more questions ... leave it on my thread bc I just happened to check back to this one ... peace.
Old 08-02-2006 | 11:37 PM
Burning Brakes

tlster04: it looks like you are getting some chips in the grille. Do they seem to appear easily, how much do you dirve?
Looks Good