Morci's TL-S Progress Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013 | 03:38 PM
Sky is the limit

Smile Morci's TL-S Progress Thread

So this is my TL-S (SLOW but steady) progress thread.. I have a 08 ASM TL-S as you guys/gals can see in the pics below. After a little research here on Azine I have decided on the first couple of mods (simple ones) that I'm going to perform on my TL-S. Feel free to put in your . Thanks

The following are the future mods I plan to do:

- Window Tints (still deciding on 35% all around or 20% sides an back and 42% windshield)
- Type-S Aspec lip kit
- Plasti-dip front grill
- HID on fogs (5K)
- LED interior
- Lowering Springs (still debating of what kind of drop I want)
- LED DRL Bulbs
- Maybe paint Calipers another color ???? Suggestions ??

Oh and very important guys/gals, I'm open for suggestions. So Let me know what you guys got.. Attached are some pics of it as is.
Attached Thumbnails Morci's TL-S Progress Thread-hs.png   Morci's TL-S Progress Thread-jbx.png   Morci's TL-S Progress Thread-tsbd.png   Morci's TL-S Progress Thread-qw.png  
Old 11-22-2013 | 03:41 PM
Racer

Personally I love the RDX caliper covers on my TL-S.
Old 11-22-2013 | 03:44 PM
Sky is the limit

Originally Posted by imakeholesinu
Personally I love the RDX caliper covers on my TL-S.
Thanks for the input, Got any pics
Old 11-22-2013 | 03:58 PM
Instructor

Xlr8catback here's mine.
Old 11-22-2013 | 04:01 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Morci's Type-S
- Window Tints (still deciding on 35% all around or 20% sides an back and 42% windshield)
- Type-S Aspec lip kit
- Plasti-dip front grill
- HID on fogs (5K)
- LED interior
- Lowering Springs (still debating of what kind of drop I want)
- LED DRL Bulbs
- Maybe paint Calipers another color ???? Suggestions ??
Very nice looking Type S. Don't forget, the Type S looks amazing as is so don't do mods just because others do the same thing. Nothing wrong with mods, but I'm just saying its a real nice car as is as well.
The aspec kit is a nice touch, but supposedly very difficult to get because they are discontinued.
Plasti-dip is a decent way to change the look of something without permanently painting it which is cool. IMO if your gonna do something to the grill the best look is to just do the middle cross bar. Dipping every part of the grill is too much If you ask me, but that's subjective.
HID fogs are played out. Now you see every two thousand dollar beater or cars with 24"s with them. It's a lot of work installing and wiring when the car already has excellent headlights. They do not improve forward lighting significantly.
Tons of options for interior LED lighting. I personally like an oem look so I went with a pure white bulb with no bluish color whatsoever. Basically similar output and color to a car that comes from the factory with LED lighting. I used th sylvania LEDriving 192 wedge bulbs that can be purchased at some autozones. Not cheap, but real nice bulbs.
A mild drop looks great, but your ride will suffer. I had H&R sports on my 08 Type S using stock shocks and the ride was fine on good roads, but on medium to large bumps the ride was horrendous. I ended up taking them off and going back to stock. I don't want to deal with a shitty riding car. This is a nice Acura, not a teenagers civic. Again, just my opinion.
As for calipers, I like the original black with Acura logo, but I like clean and simple.
Old 11-22-2013 | 04:27 PM
Intermediate

Cat-Back systems for our cars are not worth the money because they yield minimal gains for high prices, imho.

Some here like the stage mods, I personally went with the 4 (Straight pipe), then the 3 (Mid delete, dynomax res) and now I'm wishing I had started and stayed with 1(mid-muffler delete, stock res).

I love my dipped grill bar and I would say it's a nice little touch.

The TL is a beautiful car with little potential for increased performance on a budget, not that it can't be done, so enjoy it for what it is and welcome to the club!
Old 11-22-2013 | 04:35 PM
Sky is the limit

Originally Posted by Eaglesfan9106
Xlr8catback here's mine. http://youtu.be/iAtQmJAtx94
Thanks for your input but I prefer the more quieter stock quad exhaust + mine is AT.. But yours looks good and sounds very aggressive

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28
Very nice looking Type S. Don't forget, the Type S looks amazing as is so don't do mods just because others do the same thing. Nothing wrong with mods, but I'm just saying its a real nice car as is as well.
The aspec kit is a nice touch, but supposedly very difficult to get because they are discontinued.
Plasti-dip is a decent way to change the look of something without permanently painting it which is cool. IMO if your gonna do something to the grill the best look is to just do the middle cross bar. Dipping every part of the grill is too much If you ask me, but that's subjective.
HID fogs are played out. Now you see every two thousand dollar beater or cars with 24"s with them. It's a lot of work installing and wiring when the car already has excellent headlights. They do not improve forward lighting significantly.
Tons of options for interior LED lighting. I personally like an oem look so I went with a pure white bulb with no bluish color whatsoever. Basically similar output and color to a car that comes from the factory with LED lighting. I used th sylvania LEDriving 192 wedge bulbs that can be purchased at some autozones. Not cheap, but real nice bulbs.
A mild drop looks great, but your ride will suffer. I had H&R sports on my 08 Type S using stock shocks and the ride was fine on good roads, but on medium to large bumps the ride was horrendous. I ended up taking them off and going back to stock. I don't want to deal with a shitty riding car. This is a nice Acura, not a teenagers civic. Again, just my opinion.
As for calipers, I like the original black with Acura logo, but I like clean and simple.
Thanks for all of your input and advice, I did a lot of research on this site and saw many different mods, I just considered the ones I liked and the ones I thought weren't to extreme. I was planning to do the exact same thing you said with the plasi dip, only the middle cross bar. The fogs, I just want them HID's just for the looks, I just hate those halogen fogs. But again I appreciate all of your input and Ill post pics as soon as I decide and do this mods. Thank.
Old 11-22-2013 | 05:09 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Eaglesfan9106
Xlr8catback here's mine.
Nothing like starting your car and revving to the limiter then just shutting it off lol. Wellp, it aint my car

I know people will disagree, but to me that just sounds like poop. Maybe a cross between a boat and a semi I suppose? or maybe it was just the location of the camera I dunno. Even though I have never heard a TL with exhaust in person, but based on videos im still convinced that the best sounding exhaust mod is nothing more than the stage 1 or stage 2 mods at most. And on top of that its very inexpensive.

And to the OP's reply to mine about HID fogs, yeah if you like the look thats all good. I never even use my fogs so no sense in changing them. Occasionally they will go on during rainy nights or in fog when they are intended to be used. But during all other conditions the HID headlights are all I need....and less glare to oncoming drivers as some fogs (especially ones with plug and play HID kits) are annoyingly bright.
Old 11-22-2013 | 05:30 PM
2021 RDX A SPEC

keep it stock. she looks great. if no a-spec kit.. get the oem body-coloured splashguards for front/rear if you are not lowering it anytime soon.

keep the waffles...NEVER sell them. you might get different rims but don't sell the waffles.
Old 11-22-2013 | 06:11 PM
Wow Amaze Such TL-S

waffles forever!!!!!!!!!!!!! definitely agree.

I like the list you got going on. For ASM I think I like red for caliper covers, maybe a gunmetal/silver. Of all the things you're planning to do, the A-Spec kit definitely gives the biggest aesthetic difference. never been a fan of the splash guards even w/o the A-Spec kit though..
Old 11-22-2013 | 07:49 PM
Instructor

Nothing like starting your car and revving to the limiter then just shutting it off lol. Wellp, it aint my car

I know people will disagree, but to me that just sounds like poop. Maybe a cross between a boat and a semi I suppose? or maybe it was just the location of the camera I dunno. Even though I have never heard a TL with exhaust in person, but based on videos im still convinced that the best sounding exhaust mod is nothing more than the stage 1 or stage 2 mods at most. And on top of that its very inexpensive.

And to the OP's reply to mine about HID fogs, yeah if you like the look thats all good. I never even use my fogs so no sense in changing them. Occasionally they will go on during rainy nights or in fog when they are intended to be used. But during all other conditions the HID headlights are all I need....and less glare to oncoming drivers as some fogs (especially ones with plug and play HID kits) are annoyingly bright.
You're not alone.. No offense to the guy who owns the car in the video.... But I still haven't heard a TL type S with exhaust that I thought sounded good..
Old 11-22-2013 | 08:09 PM
7th Gear

Just a heads up If you can't seem to find the a-spec kit and don't mind it being used, try out www.ahparts.com . They might have it there since all they sell are Honda-Acura parts with their nicely secured package and not to mention shipping was lightning fast!
The following users liked this post:
Morci's Type-S (11-22-2013)
Old 11-22-2013 | 09:21 PM
The Boss

In the vid of the catback im pretty certain thats a cold start. As i have an xlr8 catback aswell it sounds ridiculous when reved at a cold start.
Old 11-22-2013 | 10:29 PM
Sky is the limit

Originally Posted by Acura604
keep it stock. she looks great. if no a-spec kit.. get the oem body-coloured splashguards for front/rear if you are not lowering it anytime soon.

keep the waffles...NEVER sell them. you might get different rims but don't sell the waffles.
Originally Posted by Kaiii
waffles forever!!!!!!!!!!!!! definitely agree.

I like the list you got going on. For ASM I think I like red for caliper covers, maybe a gunmetal/silver. Of all the things you're planning to do, the A-Spec kit definitely gives the biggest aesthetic difference. never been a fan of the splash guards even w/o the A-Spec kit though..
Im definitely getting that Aspec kit, Thats like my top priority of the mods.. I also agree with you guys [Waffles for life].

Originally Posted by gizmox122
Just a heads up If you can't seem to find the a-spec kit and don't mind it being used, try out www.ahparts.com . They might have it there since all they sell are Honda-Acura parts with their nicely secured package and not to mention shipping was lightning fast!
Thanks I will definitely check the site out cause if I'm not mistaken ASM front and rear are discontinued.
Old 11-22-2013 | 10:58 PM
Racer

Wow, and here I thought I was the only one with these opinions.
Old 11-23-2013 | 08:52 AM
Sky is the limit

So today woke up early to do my first mods on my TL-S. I plasti dipped my grill and installed 5k HID on my fogs. I got the cheap ebay HIDs for now, if anybody has better suggestions on bulbs let me know. Also got the cheap ebay front bumper cuttoff (ACURA) lettering. If anybody knows where I can get the CF 3D one It would be much appreciated.

Here are some pics:
Attached Thumbnails Morci's TL-S Progress Thread-jkxbjs.png   Morci's TL-S Progress Thread-lo.png   Morci's TL-S Progress Thread-jsbx.png   Morci's TL-S Progress Thread-jsh.png   Morci's TL-S Progress Thread-tsjsk.png  

Old 11-23-2013 | 01:11 PM
Team Owner

Welcome to AcuraZine, Morci.

Be sure to join our Silver TL Social Group and our Type S Social Group from the links below my signature.
Old 11-23-2013 | 02:48 PM
Sky is the limit

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Welcome to AcuraZine, Morci.

Be sure to join our Silver TL Social Group and our Type S Social Group from the links below my signature.
Already did sir, Thanks..
Old 11-23-2013 | 04:38 PM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Old 11-23-2013 | 09:25 PM
Pro

Morci's nice type S. I always loved the S. Your list of mods you plan on doing are good.
I would put more emphasis on the aspec, tint and a drop. A stock height car just looks
boring plan-n-simple. I understand too each his own. Its just nice driving down the road
and getting a thumbs up and Iv'e had many of those occasions. It's an awesome feeling
that you car sittin nice. And it's kinda of rare your going to come across another lowered
TL. I see more stock height TL's than lowered TL's/type s. JMT cents.
Old 11-23-2013 | 10:45 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

DDM kits are always good for HIDs if you wanna replace your fogs.

You could do 35% on the side and rear window and 50% on your windshield but then again I could be bias.
Old 11-24-2013 | 09:30 AM

Very clean TL! It's nice to see another NC Acurazine member
Old 11-25-2013 | 05:17 AM
Sky is the limit

Originally Posted by JnC
Thanks
Originally Posted by yoks032rs
Morci's nice type S. I always loved the S. Your list of mods you plan on doing are good.
I would put more emphasis on the aspec, tint and a drop. A stock height car just looks
boring plan-n-simple. I understand too each his own. Its just nice driving down the road
and getting a thumbs up and Iv'e had many of those occasions. It's an awesome feeling
that you car sittin nice. And it's kinda of rare your going to come across another lowered
TL. I see more stock height TL's than lowered TL's/type s. JMT cents.
Yeah Im already planning on getting the Aspec kit through AckTL05 group buy and the drop is probably next.

Originally Posted by TLin401
DDM kits are always good for HIDs if you wanna replace your fogs.

You could do 35% on the side and rear window and 50% on your windshield but then again I could be bias.
Thanks for the advice, now Im a do a little research cause I know nothing about DDM..

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Very clean TL! It's nice to see another NC Acurazine member
Thanks, Im about to leave in a couple month though
Old 11-25-2013 | 08:39 AM
Instructor

Looking good! makes me miss my type s.

I had full aspec kit, bc coilovers, stage 3 exhaust, wed kranze 19x9.5 +12 and 19x10.5 +18 lol depends on how crazy you want to go or not go on your car.
Old 11-25-2013 | 10:06 AM
Burning Brakes

ASM

Great start! Plasti dip is great for a base coat if you ever get tired of the matte look. Gloss black over it comes out amazing
Old 11-28-2013 | 10:45 AM
Sky is the limit

Originally Posted by LowNslo TypeS
Looking good! makes me miss my type s.

I had full aspec kit, bc coilovers, stage 3 exhaust, wed kranze 19x9.5 +12 and 19x10.5 +18 lol depends on how crazy you want to go or not go on your car.
And your mods make me want to spend my whole pay check on my ride lol

Originally Posted by story05
ASM

Great start! Plasti dip is great for a base coat if you ever get tired of the matte look. Gloss black over it comes out amazing
Yes Plasti dip works great and its still looking nice, love the way it looks.