Maharajamd's Progress Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 03:03 PM

Received 9,507 Likes on 6,176 Posts
Those are the posts I was looking for in a Progress Thread

I really need to redo my armrest. It's not comfortable at all

How do you like the Motul RBF600? I have the same brake setup as you but I'm using the OEM brake fluid. I don't feel like it bites as hard as it should.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Awesome progress!

Definitely try out the door armrest and make a DIY lol
Mine are flat and uncomfortable as hell.

My center armrest isn't bad at all, but might be worth doing too!
Old 05-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Race Director

Received 3,824 Likes on 2,847 Posts
Buck, if you don't have the tools I feel ya or just don't want to risk ruining something but as for lowering, DeathMetal has a great write up on how to lower the TL with coilovers. I'll be putting in coilovers in 2 months with my brother's help.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Race Director

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,197 Posts
Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Those are the posts I was looking for in a Progress Thread

I really need to redo my armrest. It's not comfortable at all

How do you like the Motul RBF600? I have the same brake setup as you but I'm using the OEM brake fluid. I don't feel like it bites as hard as it should.
I did the RB setup, SS lines, and Motul all in one install. So I can't say what made the big difference. I can say without a doubt though that no matter how long or hard I use my brakes, it never fades. Not one bit.

I actually need to fix my brakes though. apparently the rear bleeder on the driver side Brembo is cross threaded... And I have the tiniest of leaks. I'll fix that before I paint my calipers.

Originally Posted by guitarplayer16
Awesome progress!

Definitely try out the door armrest and make a DIY lol
Mine are flat and uncomfortable as hell.

My center armrest isn't bad at all, but might be worth doing too!
Well I redid the center console arm rest. But now I think I'm going to redo all four door armrests too. It looks like it'd actually be easier... I'll def do that and make a DIY.

If I do that though, and I'm pulling door trays, I'll be doing a complete second skin installation too. Might as well if I have the door trays off right?

ANTI-DIET BABY! Loadin' up those ounces!

SRT-11 did the DIY for the center console one...
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/diy-flaccid-armrest-cushion-replacement-640667/
Old 05-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Redwood Original

Received 188 Likes on 172 Posts
buck if you wanna meet up we would love to have another 3g TL to cruise with, there is three or four of us around town. every time i see a 3g that is even slightly modded I try to get their attention and ask them if they wanna cruise sometime. most people think im crazy and a stalker :/ also if you need help with mods i could probably point you in the right direction or help you do them, mine is pretty heavily modded. as for suspension, if you dont have the right tools or know how, dont attempt it. send me a pm with your cell number if you wanna chill
Old 05-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Dude, love all the updates-you've been a busy guy!
Old 05-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Race Director

Thanks Bell
Old 05-09-2012, 12:58 PM
BrownBuck

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Maharajamd
I believe there are 4 or 5 members on here that actually live in Columbus. And maybe 20 or more that live in Ohio.

They do meet in Columbus. I've yet to actually meet any other AZ members in real life though. I'm still super tight with my old Prelude club and we hang out 3 times a week. So finding time is tough. I do need to meet up with AZ people though. Also another Columbus guy posted here in this thread, RU_JELLY.

As for work, yes, I do everything myself. I mean usually. Some things, like the compliance bushing/alignment, well you are best off to just go get it done. But most everything else I do myself. I've taken cars down to the chassis and painted them, pulled many motors, fixed many transmissions, etc. So if I have the tools and the time I try and do it myself.

As for lowering, you have tons of options. I would read the 3G Garage thread and get caught up. Coil-overs, shocks and springs, etc. I was not a fan of the first two sets of coil-overs that I had so I went shocks and springs this time. I can't complain one bit.

As for shops around here... SlowMo...IPS...Morespeed...I'm sure there are more.
Cool, do you know how those are set up? anually or few times in summer? surprised only few ppl r on here from cbus...with the crazy amount of TLs i see out here
Old 05-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Race Director

Yea but they are all working moms... Lol

I think the cbus guys get together randomly all the time. Ask JELLY.

Ohioans get together for bigger planned meets. Like last weekend in Canton.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Race Director

I see old people driving TL's all the time. I've only seen one modded TL where I live. He was silver and lowered on stockies. I'd like to know who he is.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:43 PM
Race Director

I pass a MRP type-s that's going North on 315 every morning. Looks like he has 6k or 8k DRLs and lower fog lights. Dark tint.

Wish I knew who he/she was.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Race Director

Follow them one day and when they step out be like, "HEY YOU!! DO YOU HAVE AZINE!?!? WHO ARE YOU!?!?"
Old 05-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Race Director

The following users liked this post:
Undying Dreams (05-09-2012)
Old 05-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Race Director

So I made $85 today selling a mouse and keyboard... What should I buy?

Save it for HFPC/J?
Save it for clutch?
Sound deadening?
Pedals?

I've got the mod bug so bad right now. And I really want a set of those UR pedals...
Old 05-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Race Director

The petals are pretty hot. $85 bucks...I'd do it.

Don't forget the coupon code!!
Old 05-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Race Director

I had to make a few phone calls so I ran out with the camera while on the phone and snapped a couple new pics of my engine bay.

CAI paint is coming soon. I just have to order decals for it first. And it's amazing to me how different this Metalcast can look between different lighting scenarios. It looks kinda flat and dull because it's overcast right now. When it's sunny it's crazy bright and shiny.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:22 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
I like all your modifications.

The arm rest is disgusting underneath the leather. I took the leather off mine yesterday and started cleaning it off like you did.

When are you thinking about getting the comptech supercharger? You will love the sound it makes.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
I like all your modifications.

The arm rest is disgusting underneath the leather. I took the leather off mine yesterday and started cleaning it off like you did.

When are you thinking about getting the comptech supercharger? You will love the sound it makes.
Thanks man.

So you are doing the armrest DIY or do you have other plans? Honestly I wish I had done it a little differently. I use it all the time but two different ways. One with it extended with my entire forearm on it. One with just my elbow. Because of the type of foam that I used it feels amazing with the forearm but my elbow still goes right to the bottom. Far better then what it was but still not perfect. So I was thinking a 1/4" high density and a 1/4" gel/CCF layered underneath would be the best of both worlds... Have any crappy thin yoga mats?

Boost. Well that completely depends on how this house buying bit goes. How much we need to put down, etc. Really I'm just waiting for one to pop up with a good price, then it's mine.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Redwood Original

Received 188 Likes on 172 Posts
if you are doing an fha loan you only need 3.5 percent down, I know its more responsible to put more down but then again whats more important equity or boost.....tis the question lol
Old 05-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by RU_JELLY
if you are doing an fha loan you only need 3.5 percent down, I know its more responsible to put more down but then again whats more important equity or boost.....tis the question lol
Well that's what I'm saying. Depending on the house/rates I'll either have no cash or a lot of cash.

I'm hoping I have a lot.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Maharajamd
I pass a MRP type-s that's going North on 315 every morning. Looks like he has 6k or 8k DRLs and lower fog lights. Dark tint.

Wish I knew who he/she was.
That's me. I just got married an I'm in the process of buying a house now, so I haven't had much, if any, free time over the past few months.
The following users liked this post:
maharajamd (05-09-2012)
Old 05-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by mboob
That's me. I just got married an I'm in the process of buying a house now, so I haven't had much, if any, free time over the past few months.
Well hot damn buddy. I'll flash my brights at you tomorrow morning. Lol

Car looks good.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Things should be quieting down for me over the next month or so. I'd be interesting in meeting up if that's going to happen over the summer. It can't be fun dealing with the traffic everyday though.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by mboob
Things should be quieting down for me over the next month or so. I'd be interesting in meeting up if that's going to happen over the summer. It can't be fun dealing with the traffic everyday though.
Hah, no, it's not. When we pass each other it's usually around Bethel. Which is usually where I get ******. Once I get past Lane it's not too bad.

Well I'm down to meet whenever. I'm sure JELLY and a few others would be down for a BW3 meet or something.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:39 AM
TL-S

Received 413 Likes on 366 Posts
Wow! I love that armrest. I've been wanting to do something with t car lately and I think I found something to do finally

Your car looks great. I'm probably due for new compliance bushings too.. How can you tell? Does lowering the car affect them at all as far as wearing out? I have new end links and progress rsb in the back and that was spectacular enough at the time!
Old 05-10-2012, 07:45 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by quanaman
Wow! I love that armrest. I've been wanting to do something with t car lately and I think I found something to do finally

Your car looks great. I'm probably due for new compliance bushings too.. How can you tell? Does lowering the car affect them at all as far as wearing out? I have new end links and progress rsb in the back and that was spectacular enough at the time!
Hey thanks man. It's actually kind of hard to photograph the result of the armrest. It looks and feels 50x better then before. Now when I look at my interior, the only two things that show any age at all are the dirty carpets and slightly worn side bolsters. Not bad for 80k.

Just take your front wheels off and look at the compliance bushings. You will easily be able to see if their torn or not. And some people reported if it torn up top it's likely torn even worse underneath. They made a huge difference in how my car drives. Thus, in how I view my car. It feels like she has 10k miles now.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Race Director

wow! I love the blue under the hood, that's my plan too
Old 05-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Race Director

Thanks. I'm going to probably polish the actual valve cover and then paint the raised letters blue. Then paint the intake and that will be all the rice type modding I'll do to the engine bay. Lol. At least until there is a SC in there and I have a reason to open my hood at meets.

I really need to do a thorough cleaning in there though. And I don't like spraying it down like some do. So it's crazy tedious. :/

Last edited by maharajamd; 05-10-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Race Director

I wanna CF wrap my covers and then have the metal cover blue, leave the 3.2 VTEC alone and then have a blue strut bar and intake pipe

How do you clean an engine bay? I'm kind of afraid to spray everything with a degreaser myself
Old 05-10-2012, 08:49 AM
Race Director

The CF will look awesome. But like I said before, make sure you use some kind of vinyl adhesive. The heat will warp the hell out of plain dinoc.

As for cleaning. A lot of people just warm up the engine a bit, turn it off, spray simple green all over, hose it down, and dry. I don't like the idea of using a hose/that amount of water. So I just do the same thing but a section at a time and rise with a wet towel, not running water.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Race Director

Yeah I will

And thanks, I'll need that for future reference
Old 05-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Race Director

As I noted before I think my next project, other then painting the intake/calipers, is going to be redoing all four door armrests and installing some sound deadening in the doors.

Both the front and rear armrests can be easily removed. So it seems at least. When I took my door linings out the last time I wasn't paying attention to that piece. But from looking at it I assume it slides in on one side and is screwed in on the other to hold it in.

Front: #32/40

Rear: #15/20

I will use the same exact method on those as I did the center armrest. Although, I may go with 1/4" foam instead of 1/2" because from looking at it I don't think that foam was nearly as thick as the center's stock. And while I'm at it I will buy new clips for the actual door trays. Doing this eliminated most of that "twisting" type noise I had from the rear deck so I'll do it here too. I will probably do this a door at a time at my apartment. So I'll be able to play around with it.

As for the deadening I am going to go with second skin. I'm not doing this because I have some killer audio system, I'm stock audio, I want to do this because I hate rattles and I hate road noise. The TL is really pretty quiet to begin with but like others have said some deadening can really make an impact.

But which products and how much I need is the real question. I found this info in the audio forum...

Originally Posted by DeathMetal
6-8 sqft. per door
10-20 sqft. for the rear deck, depending on how serious your sub will be
40 sqft for the trunk lid, rear quarter panels, and trunk
2 sqft for the backside of the license plate
I've already dynamatted the rear deck and I even did the license plate too. So I don't need CLD for those areas. But I will want to put some CCF on the rear deck.

CLD - Damplifier -
http://www.secondskinaudio.com/index...7-34-47-detail

CCF - Overkill
http://www.secondskinaudio.com/index...verkill-detail

MLV - Luxury Liner
http://www.secondskinaudio.com/index...y-liner-detail

MLV+CCF - Luxury Liner Pro
http://www.secondskinaudio.com/index...ner-pro-detail

I'll order 20 sq ft of Damplifier ($70), 18 sq ft of Overkill ($30), and 36 sq ft of Luxury Liner Pro for the doors ($155). I may order 18 sq ft of the LLP for the front doors to test it out. And or I may find that the CLD and CCF is enough for the rear doors and the MLV isn't needed.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 151 Likes on 145 Posts
Great progress, I really like the stance and color of your A Specs.
Yuenglings is the best by the way too bad its not in CT .