LTxArucAx60 Progress thread....(56k, drink a beer)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010 | 12:08 AM
F-SPORT

LTxArucAx60 Progress thread....(56k, drink a beer)

I bought this car brand spankin new with only 2 miles on it in oct of 2006. I asked the dealership if there is anything new coming out in 07. He said no it will be the same. A week or two later I have heard that a Type S version will be coming out.. I was like WTF!! I wanted a type S and they had a KBP on the lot when i came back!!

My first set of wheels, 18x8 RonJon Legends Liquid graphite. I preordered a set and i absolutely love them. Taken with Sony POS camera.

Then the mod bug bit and i bought a set of Type S taillights when it was hella cheap at hondaacuraworld. I forgot where i got the sidemarkers, and the Type S lip spoiler i picked up when it was 90 bucks i think (forgot!!) It was a group buy set up by Tim. Now i think those are running 300+ dollars.

Then i had to get me a set of Acurazine stickers. The site had a sale on acurazine apparal. Picked me up a couple of t-shirts and almost bought me a hoodie but it was sold out. But i was one of the few to buy stuff and they sent me a set of decals..

Then a set of supercomputer pedals..

A pic of the car when it snowed.

Spring came around and modding have began again. A friend of mine works at a body shop, asked him to paint the engine cover KBP for me and it looks really good.
Week or two later i bought an AEM intake installed myself. A RV6 strut bar is also installed just for looks no function what so ever!! LOL

JnC did a set of lights for me. Including black V2 with Type S diffusers, ZKW-replicas. Installed a set of Phillips Ultinion 6000k bulbs, with V1 switchbacks.

Then i decided to update my rims so i was looking for a set of 18x8.5 Gunmetal aspecs. Back then i was afraid to go with 19's. So these are acurazine approved and i went with a brand new set off ebay.

At that time i bought a set of comptech springs and tokico shocks from the BM and installed that as well. I was happy with my moderate drop.

Installed some window visors It looked okay at first but i liked them eventually.

I remember when ballinfizzle was parting his car. Frickin cops gave him a ticket for being to low..WTF But he was parting his furtuneauto blue titanium shift knob so i picked that up. I love that knob!

Believe it or not i still have this Progress rear sway bar laying around in my garage and as of today i havent installed it yet.

Anyways a member on here was selling his Volks GTS. I kept looking at it everytime i get on Acurazine. So I sold the gunmetal aspecs on here and it is in super mint condition. No curbs no rash, no bends.

So i bought those GTS's. Man it was christmas all over again!!

Some Nitto Invos to go with it..

Installed the volks when it was still cold out. I couldnt wait any longer to install them

And the modding continues....

Ampd emblem started to appear. So i bought me an emblem

Its alot brighter today!!

ATLP base exhaust started to appear in the BM I got me one and had a shop install it!

Got me a set of illest emblems and installed them over my front sidemarkers They where cheesy so those are gone!

These are new pics i took today with my new Nikon D3000 a 10.2 entry dslr camera. I am still Noob with the camera. I played around with it! Got a kansas city acurazine show coming verrrry soon. Looking forward to it.

The middle grill piece was painted flat black!

ATLP base exhaust=FTW!!
Random pics!!! Enjoy acurazine, and you know my this site makes my wallet empty!!

Guess what i am thinking of getting????

BBK
Roof spoiler
and Coilovers

Around here i am the only one that has a modded TL and people always comment and stare!!

Thanks to Acurazine for making my car the way it is otherwise it would of been stock!!!

Dat

BTW my screen name is 06 Acura TL backwards!!!
Old 05-27-2010 | 12:23 AM
F-SPORT

Oh the car was bone stock, no aspec kit, forgot to mention that I found a front and back lips on ebay for 150. It was RBP color, so had my friend paint it for me. I didnt have side aspec skirts till a month later. LOL
Old 05-27-2010 | 12:57 AM
B A N N E D

Great job, hope to see u in the kc meet
Old 05-27-2010 | 01:45 AM
socal WDP

legit progress man. get coilovers first!
Old 05-27-2010 | 10:23 AM

Great progress man! I guess that salesman had to say whatever he had to sell a car. Like you, I'm a huge fan of the KBP Type-S

I'm really jealous of the ATLP Base exhaust. Hopefully that will be on my car some day. How about some sound clips?
Old 05-27-2010 | 10:32 AM
Drifting

Sweet! AM Rules!
Old 05-27-2010 | 12:13 PM
2004 SSM FTMFW !!!!

Wow thats some great progress keep it up
Old 05-27-2010 | 12:22 PM
1st TL-S on air in

nice progress. Im not feeling the illest badge location but so far the progress has been well executed.
Old 05-27-2010 | 02:58 PM
Pro

looks good .... just paint your calipers black PLEASE..lol
Old 05-27-2010 | 03:31 PM
F-SPORT

Originally Posted by MyTL09
Great job, hope to see u in the kc meet
I am def. gonna be there, see you guys next weekend!!

Originally Posted by diskinnect
legit progress man. get coilovers first!
Thats what i was thinking, coilovers first and slam this ish!

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Great progress man! I guess that salesman had to say whatever he had to sell a car. Like you, I'm a huge fan of the KBP Type-S

I'm really jealous of the ATLP Base exhaust. Hopefully that will be on my car some day. How about some sound clips?
Its a great exhaust man, no regrets! If i know how to post sounds clip i would but i dont know maybe later!!

Originally Posted by dwb993
Sweet! AM Rules!
You know it man, AM FTW!!

Originally Posted by Dat Boi Ralph
Wow thats some great progress keep it up
Thanks man, the modding will never end!

Originally Posted by wrxyboy
nice progress. Im not feeling the illest badge location but so far the progress has been well executed.
The illest are off the car. Had it on for a few days and everytime i see it, i made this face!!

Originally Posted by 04 tl
looks good .... just paint your calipers black PLEASE..lol
I am looking into that. Any suggestion on what to get. I saw some duplicolor caliper paint and they run about 15-20 bucks a set.
Old 05-27-2010 | 03:48 PM
Drifting

I love gts on our cars!
Old 05-27-2010 | 09:31 PM
F-SPORT

Originally Posted by bzyrice
I love gts on our cars!
Me too dude, at one point in time i had thoughts of upgrading to TE37, but i was like too many TLs have TE's so i kept them. And then some Works T1S is in the black market and i really wanted to get rid of them. So i am still debating on whether to get them or not!!
Old 05-27-2010 | 09:35 PM
Instructor

Don't use Duplicolor. Get the G-2 Caliper kit. It has a hard coating you brush on the caliper. I hit mine with a wrench lightly and it wouldn't chip after it cured. You do have to leave the wheels off the car for about a day so it can cure.

I still log in every now and then to check out the site. Glad to see you are enjoying the wheels. You should have bought the Tein SS I had! lol

I'm really enjoying my G but still miss the Acura. Everyday people would stop me and ask what kind of wheels those were on the car.
Old 05-27-2010 | 10:18 PM
F-SPORT

Originally Posted by TrevorT
Don't use Duplicolor. Get the G-2 Caliper kit. It has a hard coating you brush on the caliper. I hit mine with a wrench lightly and it wouldn't chip after it cured. You do have to leave the wheels off the car for about a day so it can cure.

I still log in every now and then to check out the site. Glad to see you are enjoying the wheels. You should have bought the Tein SS I had! lol

I'm really enjoying my G but still miss the Acura. Everyday people would stop me and ask what kind of wheels those were on the car.
Whats going on Trevor. How is the new G, I know you have good taste in wheels but did you get new wheels for your G. I regret not getting that tein ss. I really want to be lower. I'll check into the caliper paint.
Old 05-27-2010 | 11:29 PM
Team Owner

Man, your ride looks great. I can't wait to see it next weekend in Kansas City for the National Meet! And by the way, I'm sure you meant to say, "Thanks Acurazine for emptying out my wallet!"

National Acura Meet-June 6th/Kansas City-10 DAYS AWAY!!!.
Click here for details and to sign up!

Old 05-27-2010 | 11:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Nice progress Dat, love the GTS'

Didn't you have a CF engine cover for a while too?
Old 05-28-2010 | 05:27 PM
6-SPEED LOVER

i approve! looks great
Old 05-29-2010 | 01:15 AM
Fear and Loathing in my

Love what you've done with the car. Keep up the great work!
Old 05-29-2010 | 01:22 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Your car is looking good brother. IMO perfect grown man drop. I'm getting too old to be driving a slammed car everyday.
Old 05-29-2010 | 01:33 AM
F-SPORT

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Man, your ride looks great. I can't wait to see it next weekend in Kansas City for the National Meet! And by the way, I'm sure you meant to say, "Thanks Acurazine for emptying out my wallet!"

National Acura Meet-June 6th/Kansas City-10 DAYS AWAY!!!.
Click here for details and to sign up!

You're right about that steven. Looking forward to the meet. Do a little cruise and shoot, i hope someone take rolling shots when we take a cruise!!

Originally Posted by paz840
Nice progress Dat, love the GTS'

Didn't you have a CF engine cover for a while too?
I did have one, but the piece was thin so under the hood the heat made it curled up a bit. I appreciate the comment on the wheels!

Originally Posted by ABP_04TL
i approve! looks great
Thanks man, a comment from you is def appreciated!

Originally Posted by Timb227
Love what you've done with the car. Keep up the great work!
Thanks bro your car is looking good. Man i wish i have WDP

Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
Your car is looking good brother. IMO perfect grown man drop. I'm getting too old to be driving a slammed car everyday.
Thanks subtle/moderate drop is good for me, no complains!
Old 05-30-2010 | 02:24 AM
F-SPORT

Here some other pics i thought looked great, and that i forgot to post. So what do you guys think of the new pics!

Old 05-30-2010 | 04:34 AM
10th Gear

nice car. you should check out this video. 2008 acura tl vs g35 and 350z.. www.youtube.com/akayacura
Old 05-30-2010 | 04:49 AM
Former Whiner

Nice progress!
Old 05-30-2010 | 03:13 PM
Banned

Nice Progress
Old 06-16-2010 | 11:32 PM
F-SPORT

Little update on whats going on....Washed the car today with Zaino car care products and it looks great. Now i just purchased some G2 black caliper paint so i will work on those this weekend and post some new pics!! And thanks all for the comments.

PS. man i was at KC car show couple of weekends ago and saw two TL's dropped on coilovers. That is the first time i saw a TL dropped that low, and now i am itching to get coilovers. Marcus at heeltoe is having a sale on some Basics and SS... dang it AZ............

edit: what i meant to say is saw a TL dropped that low in person.

Last edited by LTxArucAx60; 06-16-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 06-17-2010 | 12:45 PM
Pro

hahah yeah first thing I did after getting rims was paint the calipers black. It looks really good imo, until I get bbk. Lol, Ive been trying to negotiate with these ebay sellers for some megans. After that, rotora bbk, jl sub, and comptech SC probably will never get the sc, my car is at 80k miles now

fav mod on your car: wheels!
Old 07-16-2010 | 09:41 PM
F-SPORT

Update: Couple of new mods today. Just minor mods. So i replaced my gunmetal rays lugs to some extended blue lugs thanks to chinkwapin for the inspiration, got my G2 caliper paint in black color that i still need to work on. And last thing my atlp roof spoiler painted AM has come in and cant wait to put it on. Its the V1 tooo...
Old 07-16-2010 | 10:11 PM
New York state of mind

write up is solid man, good work

wish the type s came in AM >

only thing id do is go lower
Old 04-29-2013 | 11:36 PM
F-SPORT

Bumping an old thread up! Well after owning this car for a good seven years it time to retire this car and move on to something a little more modern. Will have a few pics of what the car looks like now. I may pull a few things off the car to sell in the black market!
Old 04-30-2013 | 12:42 AM
Suzuka Master

Old 04-30-2013 | 12:44 AM
Advanced

How did you like the tokico struts? I'm looking to buy those because I found coilovers to be too stiff of a ride.