Jerky's Silver TL 2004

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 01:49 PM
Photoshops, and Polls!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Guess what just came from my friend the UPS man!

This will keep me busy during spring, im in no hurry to detail the car during the rainy season, but ill try the "leather in a bottle" out today
Old 11-12-2004, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by PG2G
Do you have any of these pics in any higher res? I'm running 1600x1200 here, and 1280x1024 at home and would love to have some of these pics in either res. Namely http://img13.exs.cx/img13/8804/sanjose.jpg though

Just for you...I did this...

But you know what, its not really a higher resolution, I just double the image size, I don't think the quality of the picture will be improved. (no differnet than you stretching the image)

heh, well the fonts are better....lol

I dont make these to plan on them being hi res, i just do it for web publishing...(fyi, web is my career, so im not big on printing)
Old 11-12-2004, 03:26 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GREAT pics !!!... I really love your pictures.. BTW are you a professional photographer?? what kind of carmera are you using (brand, model#)? Did you do photoshop- touches on your posts? Just curious ^^
Old 11-12-2004, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by miny
GREAT pics !!!... I really love your pictures.. BTW are you a professional photographer?? what kind of carmera are you using (brand, model#)? Did you do photoshop- touches on your posts? Just curious ^^

Thanks for compliments, im not a prof photographer...but i used to be a professional user interface designer, and that requires a bit of knowledge with photoshop... so that should answer your question, i do most of my work as post production..

i take a LOT of pictures, since im not that good at photograhpy, i get lucky, and get a few good ones. Then i take it into photoshop and work my magic.... i used photoshop a lot in the past in my previous jobs, so it really payed off here.

Camera, read up at my previous posts, i use an OLD sony digital camera...one of the first ones out...3.3 megapizel only...DSC S70 CyberShot...its big ugly, but has a decent lens.

glad the community can enjoy~! I enjoy sharing with all
Old 11-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Bay Area AZ Group Rulez!

I love the puddle shots.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by RedRSXGrrl
I love the puddle shots.

thanks, it was a crap load of work to do, not only do you have to worry about the car looking right, but you have to shoot so the lightning and reflection is right...

so the shoot was twice as complicated as previous pictures...so many things to think about, gawed

as well as wait for all the drips, waves, and bubbles in water to pop...patience, patience....

as i mentioned before, i took about 30 pics...only a few turned out ok, in fact i drove to the puddle THREE times until they came out right.

fortnatlly, its right down the street, now if i can convince my lady that im not crazy...
Old 11-12-2004, 09:35 PM
Acurazine Addict

Originally Posted by Jerky
I caught some good light during daybreak, when the lights in the store were still on, no traffic, and some amazing colors from sidewalk cafe in san jose area...

Hey Jerky,

Just wondering, was this shot taken before or after you installed the aspec suspension? Nice pics, getting better and better everytime you post a new one.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:44 PM

Thanks man, I hope that I am improving...Ive been reading a lot about photography, and really paying attention when I shoot.. it takes a LOT of work...lemme tell you...

I never really appreciated how much effort it takes to do one single photo, its not easy.

Some day, I hope to do action shots, but i dont have the right gear for that.

ASPEC SUSPENSION
i DONT have aspec suspension on ANY of these shots... good eye. Im planning on doing it soon, but I wanted to play with the car for a while before choosing the right suspension. I've decided to go with the aspec (vs competech or tiens). I want to keep the car looking factory, and I dont want it to be too low...

currently, if you look at my pics the tires look in evenness to the wheel wells, ive seen some other pics of the aspec and it wont drop that much...just a tad.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:25 AM
PH1
ilikebigbuttsnicannotlie!

ur car is pure hotness! .... lovin the lip on the trunk .. imo suits the car perfectly .. very nice rims too!
Old 11-13-2004, 02:45 AM
Acurazine Addict

Thanks man, I hope that I am improving...Ive been reading a lot about photography, and really paying attention when I shoot.. it takes a LOT of work...lemme tell you...

I never really appreciated how much effort it takes to do one single photo, its not easy.

Some day, I hope to do action shots, but i dont have the right gear for that.

ASPEC SUSPENSION
i DONT have aspec suspension on ANY of these shots... good eye. Im planning on doing it soon, but I wanted to play with the car for a while before choosing the right suspension. I've decided to go with the aspec (vs competech or tiens). I want to keep the car looking factory, and I dont want it to be too low...

currently, if you look at my pics the tires look in evenness to the wheel wells, ive seen some other pics of the aspec and it wont drop that much...just a tad.
Nevermind... I read one of your posts in this thread wrong. I thought you stated that you had the aspec suspension but you were refering to your wheels. Whoops...
Old 11-13-2004, 08:27 AM

Actually, ill have to admit the titles of pictures are very misleading, as I brand the car as Aspec, but in reality, I only have aspec body and wheels.

I want to apologize to all the hardcore aspec owners, and the ones that have the full kit for misrepresnting this. (i know a few people can a bit sensitive about this)

In any case, Im planning to get aspec suspension to finish the visual appeal and handeling in a month or two.

If anything these pics can help owners and fans see the differeence in ride height before and after aspec suspension...
Old 11-13-2004, 08:44 AM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
sweet!!! how much for the dvd conversion? did u do it urself? wow, one of the best installs ive seen, where did u put the sega in the interior?
Old 11-13-2004, 09:01 AM

The requirement on the purchase was to allow my fiance (primary user, as I dont use it when i drive, unless waiting for train or completly stoped in traffic) to access the dvds her self

DVD Parts: I ordered from AV Electronics, based upon what I heard from others, i overpaid (waaah)

AV Electronics Parts: I bought the Converter, (which has 4 inputs and outputs, for 4 diff signals) and had it installed in the trunk. You can input ANYTHING you want using that unit...Sega, DVD changer, even PC i guess

DVD PLAYER: The dvd player has some ability to receive TV signals, however I would say its nothing to brag about. Its not the BEST quality, but its good enough. Im using an FM modulator which gives "ok" sound, Ill wait for blitzsafe to become more widely accepted then ill add that later.

INSTALL: I had the install done at a local stereo shop, Im not electrically inclined type of guy, (however im a gadget/pc guy) It took them about 4 hours. I would guess that the average person would spend 150-300 on the install.

In addition to the inputs in the convereter in back(its hidden by the rear felt panel) there is an input directly into the dvd player for RCA sound, which I was using for this picture to input the handheld sega game which i got at target. its not the true console box, but im not that 'fast and furious' to install a full console in my car.

enough info?
Old 11-13-2004, 10:10 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the pic :P
Old 11-13-2004, 11:24 AM
Instructor

Oh and "Omeg"

my name is Jerky, not Jerk...hahahah
Sorry about that. I didn't even notice it. I was in a rush when I typed it in, lol. Yes, I am definitely an idiot.

Thanks for the information. I will have to look into either the xpel.com kit or a place that cuts it out via computer.

Man, you have some serious photo skills. Very nice. This is one of my favorite threads since I am have a SSM on order. My wife wants me to install a DVD player as well so I may be following suit. She wants to have something to keep her entertained on long road trips.

One last question for you, how is the view angle from the passenger seat? What I mean is, is it comfortable for someone to sit and look at with their head slightly turned for say a full length movie? I considered having an install done with an LCD in the passenger-side visor as well althought I really don't want to do that. I would rather not hack up the beautiful interior with extra crap.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by OmegaTL

One last question for you, how is the view angle from the passenger seat? What I mean is, is it comfortable for someone to sit and look at with their head slightly turned for say a full length movie? I considered having an install done with an LCD in the passenger-side visor as well althought I really don't want to do that. I would rather not hack up the beautiful interior with extra crap.

Its not too bad using the nav screen, of course glare during the day is a real bother at times,i would reccomend you play with dvd nav conversion for a while first before extending it to your visor

besides, the nav dvd is not a bad screen, its pretty large for a factory nav screen.

AUDIO
One thing that i got for my lady was Sony Noise Cancelling earphones.
it blocks out a lot of wind noise and road noise...in fact it even blocks up some of my stereo at volume 10.. because it directly plugs into dvd player, she can listen to in on her own, the sound quality has less static noise than FM modulator of course...

Benefit: I can listen to radio, while she watches movies! WIN/WIN!
Old 11-14-2004, 07:13 AM

Greetings all, I just went to the SF meet, and met some great people.

Check out all of our pics here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/help-song-101205/

we had about 6 3rd Gens lined up for some photos...it was quite a view as SF was so clear and warm.
Old 11-14-2004, 07:35 AM

Here are some pics, from a downtown sf night shot at embarcadero after the meet...

The wax is really a silky wax, not as reflective as zaino, but a more deep wax, has a lot of silky depth...i keep on saying 'silky' but that's the word that best describes it.

Im really glad I got the Silver car, I would not be able to get great shots with a darker car.

in fact, with the Silver car, your car takes on different colors, depending on the location, it's like it blends in with the background.. SO MUCH FUN TO SHOOT>>>

(wait till i get zaino on it in a few months,...woot)

Old 11-14-2004, 07:49 AM

Pick from SF meet...

I had 2 other 3rd Gen SSM brothers! Great to see them!

Everyone was so nice and cool!

See Dozens more Pics of the meet here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101205
Old 11-14-2004, 01:32 PM

I love the view of SF at dawn...its breathtaking

Silver cars take on the colors of the horizon, which brings the background colors right onto the car itself...

Love SSM!

Old 11-14-2004, 01:52 PM

Old 11-14-2004, 01:59 PM

Im trying lots of new features and settings on my camera...increasing exposure time, changing angles and stuff...

having lots of fun

Old 11-14-2004, 02:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
hey jerky...i really like your shots, we should get together sometime and do a photoshoot. Check out a couple of my photoshoots here
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154873
https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...71&postcount=8

im just starting to learn, i was just messing around with shutter speeds/exposure length, all i have is a crappy a70 to work with
Old 11-14-2004, 03:03 PM

Old 11-14-2004, 03:15 PM

Old 11-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heyy Jerky, i cant see too closely, but is that the Directed Video DVD player??? i just got the same one and had to custom fit it in my glove box.... its all in now, but now my cousin wnats to do the same thing and he has an 04, just wanted to know if it fit directly in or did you have to do some modifications????

thanx
Old 11-14-2004, 03:28 PM
Pro

[/QUOTE]

ALso, another question... i might be blind but are those mirror tints or is that just the reflection?? i want to get mirror tints but eXTREMELY light.... not dark at all i just want the reflection- kinda like the LEX RX300 but not the green shade... i want more of the shilverish shade since i also have SSM

thanxx
Old 11-14-2004, 04:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Dude, from one photographer to another, you got some skills. I would def be interested in having you take some artistic pics of any cuystomer's cars in the area when the time comes. San Fran has some nice scenic areas. Anyway, keep up the good work, your getting better by the shot.
Old 11-14-2004, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by rondog
Dude, from one photographer to another, you got some skills. I would def be interested in having you take some artistic pics of any cuystomer's cars in the area when the time comes. San Fran has some nice scenic areas. Anyway, keep up the good work, your getting better by the shot.
Wow that's a fantastic compliment, coming from a well known vendor

Thanks RonJon, we can talk more about, send me a private message and we can work something out.

Im a big fan of your kits, so it could be a lot of fun!

(also, im going to get a better camera in near future, ill let you see the product soon!)
Old 11-14-2004, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by SilverIce2000

Heyy Jerky, i cant see too closely, but is that the Directed Video DVD player??? i just got the same one and had to custom fit it in my glove box.... its all in now, but now my cousin wnats to do the same thing and he has an 04, just wanted to know if it fit directly in or did you have to do some modifications????

thanx

I had the installers cut some major holes in the bottom of my glove box, it will never be the same, and if for some reason i had to sell my car without the dvd player, i would likely order a new glovebox to replace it.

Im not sure I understanind your questions about "directed video dvd player' can you please restate your question?

I think I may know the answer to the question you are asking

"is the dvd player connected directly to the nav deck?"
Answer= NO

the deck is connected to av electronics convcerter

this converter, you can connect 4 inputs and a few outputs. I have my dvd player running to the converter, and could easily add any other device such as game console or ipod.

Here is a system map (cheapo style)

DVD Player > Converter > Nav deck

does that help?
Old 11-14-2004, 06:48 PM
Pro

sorry if the qustion i was asking was vague...
i meant to say if the brand name of the dvd player you have is called "Directed Video" or even "Directed Audio" for that matter.... cuz it looks eXACTLY the same as mine from the front but i coudlnt read if it said "Directed" on the front...

The other question i had was the tints... are those light mirror tints or am i just seeing things??? and if they are mirror tints can you tell me which ones... like llumar, platinum, etc.

thanx
Old 11-14-2004, 07:53 PM

DVD player
Ok, Now I understand my brand (from av electronics) is
"Accellavision"

I dont consider this a hi-fi piece of equipment like my home surround theatre, but it does a decent job for what I need in the car.

...picture below...

Tints, I don't have any tints, the light was reflecting perfectly against the windows, and sometimes, I may have touched it up a bit. (shhh, I used to be a photoshop professional)

I am interested in getting reflective tints like the lexus models have. You can still see into the car, so it doesnt look to 'thuggish' but at the same time, it offers some privacy and will really make a silver car stand out that much more

Old 11-14-2004, 11:25 PM
Advanced

Wow that's a fantastic compliment, coming from a well known vendor

Thanks RonJon, we can talk more about, send me a private message and we can work something out.

Im a big fan of your kits, so it could be a lot of fun!

(also, im going to get a better camera in near future, ill let you see the product soon!)
which camera are you using now? seems like they're working fine...

great pics!
Old 11-15-2004, 06:33 AM

im using this old camera...
sony dsc s70

its big and ugly...only 3 megapixel!

but it really picks up fanTASTIC light and has a large lens.

Its only a middle line consumer camera (prob around 300 dollars back then) professional cameras starte at 1000 and be much more than that. you can tell how consumer it is, as it's a sony, and had lots of stupid stickers on it when i got it, showcasing its features.

ive taken it to asia twice, snowboarding, all over the place.

pictures of it here
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sony.../specsview.jpg
or
http://www.thepc.info/images/DSC-S70-big.jpg

Im looking at the new canon rebel, its an entry level professional camera (canon1d is coaching me) I think I want to take my hobby to the next level. some of them have 8 megapixel, and ability to change lenses. I also want to hook it up directly to my laptop when i work, so I can see the images live.

this will save me time from doing lots of pics and trying to 'get lucky'. (as you know i dont have any photography background, just web background)
Old 11-15-2004, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by KLepTo
hey jerky...i really like your shots, we should get together sometime and do a photoshoot. Check out a couple of my photoshoots here
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154873
https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...71&postcount=8

im just starting to learn, i was just messing around with shutter speeds/exposure length, all i have is a crappy a70 to work with

Yeah man, we should certainly meet up, I really like the pics of your two cars in the garage with long exposure, and a car driving by, it looks good, I assume you have some sort of tripod or something

nice!
Old 11-15-2004, 02:14 PM
04 WDP Acura TL

Wow love ur car, really looks beautiful!
Old 11-15-2004, 07:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
THOSE are some SWEET pictures!
Old 11-15-2004, 09:03 PM
Racer

so you opted for the black chrome instead of having them chromed dipped real chrome...did you have a chance to compare the 2 to before you bought them? and what is your opinion now that you have them? and what did you pay?

Thanks.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
did you ever notice your side skirts are lower than your front and rear lips?
Old 11-15-2004, 10:08 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by cTLgo
did you ever notice your side skirts are lower than your front and rear lips?

Good eye, just saw that.

Quick Reply: Jerky's Silver TL 2004