It's only 20 inch's!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 02:42 PM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by invincible569
ed, yes.. now it rubs a little bit on the back right. It drives good, but when there is a dip in the road, it will rub. I havent rolled my fenders and need to now. They are 9.5's and I ordered all of them at 35mm. I honestly thought 35mm was going to be perfect for the rear, but it wasnt. Either that or manufacturer's have different fittings?

Wow 20x9.5 running 35mm offset. I think our TL can go as low as 30mm offset for the rears and maybe even lower if running on say 19x8.5's. I am thinking of getting spacers as I am running on 19x8.5 wheels with 35mm offset. I have mine really low with the tires tucked under the fender. But I want my wheels to come out a bit more but I am afraid it might rub tho.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:53 PM
The Boss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
at first the title made me thought..........................

well nice car and rims.... lol
Old 05-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Race Director

FIrst of all NICE ASS CAR MAN! I LOVE WDP, SEcond How much did you pay for the rims and tires? And Third why is the rear bottom lip black while some people have it body colored?
Old 05-11-2006, 03:40 PM
Recently turned 18

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The 3G TL's have the hookup when it comes to wheel size and offset possibilites. Very nice rims! Thought about I-forged or Kinesis too, but I'm still justifying a Volk budget.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:52 PM
05 WDP TL

Originally Posted by Raheel
FIrst of all NICE ASS CAR MAN! I LOVE WDP, SEcond How much did you pay for the rims and tires? And Third why is the rear bottom lip black while some people have it body colored?

it comes black raheel.......some people just get it painted.....but i like the contrast that it has
Old 05-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Automobile Aficionado

Talking

INVINCIBLE:

Congratulations my friend. I've been busy with work for last couple months, and look what is the hottest thing on this board.

You did your homework, took your time, and it came out strikingly beautiful and blends well with the car. You are smart with your money and your style. Nice choice on wheels, tires, and set-up. Rear lip could be bigger (3.5" since running 9.5s) and I'd do chrome, but, I give it an 11 like this. Houston, wow, less than $400k for that castle!, amazing, if the pay is good out there, that is really good living, house, car, family, and all.

Twenties.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
o my goodness.....
Old 05-11-2006, 08:24 PM
User Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car looks great.....I need to quit being lazy and clear my headlights.
Old 05-13-2006, 04:11 PM

special-ed, im trying to see how long the stock brakes would last with these wheels.

madehtsobi, jealous of what? your car is nice too! We have the same cars!

JR, I'll let you rent it out.

ed99, I was in the same position as you. I wasnt sure if I should, but it made a HUGE difference when I added the spacers. Both looks and performance (turns). You wont regret it. Just make sure you do it right because spacers can be a problem if not done correctly. Its been a couple of weeks now and I havent had any problems. Car still rides smooth and turns good.

AcuraDriver, LOL! that was the point of the title. To catch you off guard. It worked

Raheel, $3600 for wheels and $660 for tires plus installation. The suspension is a must with 20's though. That was an extra $900. Not bad.

Blitz, Volks are very nice too! You cant go wrong with Volks. Iforged arent that far off! Save up for what you really want. You will be happy in the end.

Twenties, I really appreciate your compliments. I remember when you were giving me advice on the size of wheels. It was a hard decision. I actually asked for the biggest lip and that was what they gave me. No other manufacturer could give me that because I looked around really hard. If I would of went with 10's in the back.. it would of came close at 3".

mbdurham, madhetsobi cleared mine out. He did a great job. It makes the car look really clean. I think if I would of had to do it again, I would use the oven option instead of the hair dryer.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
special-ed, im trying to see how long the stock brakes would last with these wheels.

madehtsobi, jealous of what? your car is nice too! We have the same cars!

JR, I'll let you rent it out.

ed99, I was in the same position as you. I wasnt sure if I should, but it made a HUGE difference when I added the spacers. Both looks and performance (turns). You wont regret it. Just make sure you do it right because spacers can be a problem if not done correctly. Its been a couple of weeks now and I havent had any problems. Car still rides smooth and turns good.

AcuraDriver, LOL! that was the point of the title. To catch you off guard. It worked

Raheel, $3600 for wheels and $660 for tires plus installation. The suspension is a must with 20's though. That was an extra $900. Not bad.

Blitz, Volks are very nice too! You cant go wrong with Volks. Iforged arent that far off! Save up for what you really want. You will be happy in the end.

Twenties, I really appreciate your compliments. I remember when you were giving me advice on the size of wheels. It was a hard decision. I actually asked for the biggest lip and that was what they gave me. No other manufacturer could give me that because I looked around really hard. If I would of went with 10's in the back.. it would of came close at 3".

mbdurham, madhetsobi cleared mine out. He did a great job. It makes the car look really clean. I think if I would of had to do it again, I would use the oven option instead of the hair dryer.

how much is the rent a year? lol
Old 05-14-2006, 03:37 PM
05 WDP TL

we need to realign ur shit ed!!!!!

yeh oven option is way better!

i just replaced my parents lexus ls400 lens this week and use the oven....SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH EASIER THAN THE HAIR DRYER....took me like 1 minute to pull the bitch apart...ahha

i think someone ran the stupid shopping cart into the headlight and it cracked open

freakin lexus wanted like 4 bills for the HID housing and i was like screw that...got the non HID housing and baked that bitch and then baked our stock HID housing and just replaced the lens portion...

looks goood now...but now just that one side looks cleaner! haha
Old 05-15-2006, 10:22 AM
Cruisin'

Just Returned

invincible569 thanks again for all the help puting my pictures up on the site. your cars looks real good wish I had the A-spec kit for my car. I finally got my rims back from being repaired and they are great but I can't get the pictures to show up. I also took some pictures of the rear wheel so everyone can see the lip. Can you help me post my pictures.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by POLOTL
invincible569 thanks again for all the help puting my pictures up on the site. your cars looks real good wish I had the A-spec kit for my car. I finally got my rims back from being repaired and they are great but I can't get the pictures to show up. I also took some pictures of the rear wheel so everyone can see the lip. Can you help me post my pictures.
yea. just send them to my email.. invincible569@hotmail.com
Old 05-23-2006, 06:32 PM

I lowered the front about .5" and you can also see the back wheels come out more agressively by adding the spacers:

Old 05-23-2006, 07:28 PM
B A N N E D

Let's see some side shots!
Old 05-23-2006, 10:03 PM
Pro

loookin reall good....you think i should get the spacers with my 275 tires? I wwill def rub i think...what do u have ur EDFC set at for daily driving?....mine is about low are urs and i usually drive wit it set to the stiffest and on the highway about 8f and 10r and on long highway runs on the softest....Car looks sweet man, im gonna try to get some new pics of mine up soon, i just put on the comptech exhuast like 2 weeks ago
Old 05-23-2006, 10:52 PM
Racer

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hey Travis, I have a question for you about your HRE's as I'm looking to buy these rims by summer time. :cross fingers: What are the exact specs on the rims and offset and what do I need to adjust so I won't rub. Sorry invincible for hijacking!!!
Old 05-23-2006, 11:11 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by nYmALu86
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hey Travis, I have a question for you about your HRE's as I'm looking to buy these rims by summer time. :cross fingers: What are the exact specs on the rims and offset and what do I need to adjust so I won't rub. Sorry invincible for hijacking!!!

I guess your going with 20s..well if ur buying HREs then just tell them if ur lowered or if u have a bbk...I have a Big Brake Kit so they had to make the front rims to fit the big brake thats a reason i dont have a big lip in the front with this particular wheel. As far as offsets go i cant remember off the top of my head my offsets but i will get them for u....if u need help with wheels i can give u a number to the guy i got them from in cali, really helpful. When u buy wheels like HREs they are tailored to the car but u will still rub if u got with a setup like myself and invincible and ur slammed on Teins like we are, u just have to work around it and do the adjustments that we did, u can see them in this thread. I depends on which kind of wheels ur getting, Just make sure when u get wheels that they will be able to fit a Big Brake if u have that in mind to add on in the future, if u arent adding the Big brake then ur chooses are greater. I hope u answered some questions, Im sure if i missed something that invincible will chime in. If u have any questions u can PM me...ur local so we can meet up sometime if u like.

Travis
Old 05-23-2006, 11:22 PM
Drifting

wow that is a sick setup, easily one of my favorite 3g's
Old 05-24-2006, 01:35 AM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

I lowered the front about .5" and you can also see the back wheels come out more agressively by adding the spacers:

So you managed to lower your front more. Now we need to see some side shots. Your TL is sweet!!! I am wanting to get spacers for my rear too now after looking at yours. Just need to find out who can do it here in Vancouver for me. I was wondering if you got someone to replace the 5 longer stud over the oems??
Old 05-24-2006, 05:47 AM

lookinco, I will get some more side shots this weekend. It just rained and the car was dirty.

acuracry, you will definitely rub. I dont remember, but do you have your fenders rolled? if you do, then you may be ok?? Its cutting it close. I dont have my fenders rolled and its doing fine with the spacers added. I dont own the EDFC. I have mine set to the softest. Riding stiff hurts my back Cant wait to see your pics!!

Phrosttzo, thank you very much!!

ed99, I didnt have to replace the studs. For our cars using the TC Sportline spacers, you only have two options. 30mm (1") and 15mm (.5"). With the 30mm, you wont have to modify anything. Its a simple bolton. BUT, 30mm is a lot and your tires will stick out more than you want. I chose 15mm, but with this application, you will need to shave down your studs and make sure they send you the right nuts so the spacer will sit flush. It fits perfect. I havent had any problems and the car rides smooth. Just make sure you tighten all bolts with a torque wrench.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:01 AM
Cruisin'

invincible569 thank you for posting my pic's. I was wondering did you have to take out the foam in the wheel wel when you lowered the car. Your car is still hot as hell tho.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:51 AM

As requested, side shots.

Old 05-27-2006, 07:54 AM

I ran into a problem.. after lowering the front some more.. now im getting my wheels cut! I have to raise it back up a bit:

Old 05-27-2006, 08:59 AM
Racer

nice setup, i was wondering if i can get those rims in a different finish.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:20 AM
05 WDP TL

stop dropping it sooo low man......
Old 05-27-2006, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by madehtsobi
stop dropping it sooo low man......
I want to be like you.

imrantl, yes they have other finishes.. just dont get silver!!

Old 05-27-2006, 11:47 AM
05 WDP TL

ed - everyone wants to be like me! hahahah

i like high polish!!!!!!!!!!

i still do not know the difference between

high polish

&

chrome

??????

ohhhhhh BTW....

hey did u see on h-i....ur x-friend musgni got a fx45...twins too..haha...black n white

http://www.houston-imports.com/forum...d.php?t=291653
Old 05-27-2006, 12:00 PM
Pro

I ran into a problem.. after lowering the front some more.. now im getting my wheels cut! I have to raise it back up a bit:

I had the same problem with mine...had to raise it up...my tires is cut up pretty bad in the front only though...i thought i was the only one...once u raise it up u will be good. Another option if u want it low maybe u should look into the EDFC and stiffen up the suspension alittle
Old 05-27-2006, 01:55 PM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Dam is the fender slicing up your tires or is it the Aspec kit where it bolts onto the front bumper???

Love the side shots of your ride invincible569!!!
Old 05-27-2006, 07:16 PM

Hey Wes, thanks for the link! That sure does bring back memories!!!

Acuracy, thats a good idea.. but this has happened when I go up steep entrances.

ed99, the picture is actually where the bumper meets the fender. Thanks again!!
Old 06-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Pro

hey invincible did u fix the problem with the tire cutting?...i was gonna take some pics today as i just washed the car yesterday but its raining like crazy here...but let me know how u went about fixing the problem? did u just raise it up or bang in the little piece of metal where the fender meets the bumper?

Travis
Old 06-03-2006, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Acuracy
hey invincible did u fix the problem with the tire cutting?...i was gonna take some pics today as i just washed the car yesterday but its raining like crazy here...but let me know how u went about fixing the problem? did u just raise it up or bang in the little piece of metal where the fender meets the bumper?

Travis
Acuracy, I fixed it halfway. I did raise it about halfway and I think it looks better now than when I lowered it. The only problem is that it still rubs just a tad bit. I dont think I want to change it but instead be more careful going up angled parking lots. The other problem I had when my car was ok was that my lights blinded people (always getting high beamed).. now it doesnt. I can tell by the reflection I get on the back of the cars. With stock, it was a blue sparkle.. then when I got the wheels and drop, it was a strong white as if it was on high beam all the time.. then I lowered it and I can see the blue sparkle again.

I cant wait to see your pictures!!!!!!!!! I was in Boston a month ago.. i should of called you up!
Old 06-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Pro

Acuracy, I fixed it halfway. I did raise it about halfway and I think it looks better now than when I lowered it. The only problem is that it still rubs just a tad bit. I dont think I want to change it but instead be more careful going up angled parking lots. The other problem I had when my car was ok was that my lights blinded people (always getting high beamed).. now it doesnt. I can tell by the reflection I get on the back of the cars. With stock, it was a blue sparkle.. then when I got the wheels and drop, it was a strong white as if it was on high beam all the time.. then I lowered it and I can see the blue sparkle again.

I cant wait to see your pictures!!!!!!!!! I was in Boston a month ago.. i should of called you up!
yea man u shoulda called me up, we woulda met up....i had the same problem when my car was low...i raised it up like 3/4 inch last week and it doesnt rub as much and looks and drives so much better....i still rub very very little on dips but thats it....its raining like crazy here for the past few days, as soon as it gets back nice ima wash her up and take some pics...hit me up whenever your around the tri state area man

Travis
Old 06-03-2006, 08:57 PM
VS#03

yea man u shoulda called me up, we woulda met up....i had the same problem when my car was low...i raised it up like 3/4 inch last week and it doesnt rub as much and looks and drives so much better....i still rub very very little on dips but thats it....its raining like crazy here for the past few days, as soon as it gets back nice ima wash her up and take some pics...hit me up whenever your around the tri state area man

Travis
What up Acuracy......I just installed the Donz Montana in Blk:20x8.5 in the front and 20x10 in the rear. 245-30-20 in the front & 255-30-20 in the rear. They only rubbed a little bit in the inside rear tire, but I did what you did by trimming the A-Spec rear kit around the fenders and it doesn't rub at all. With the tire size I went with no issues of rubbing. Travis......we have to do a photo shoot with Cl Platano man with the 3rd generation TL with the Blk Donz Montana.

Kevin
Old 06-03-2006, 10:09 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by K-Shawn
What up Acuracy......I just installed the Donz Montana in Blk:20x8.5 in the front and 20x10 in the rear. 245-30-20 in the front & 255-30-20 in the rear. They only rubbed a little bit in the inside rear tire, but I did what you did by trimming the A-Spec rear kit around the fenders and it doesn't rub at all. With the tire size I went with no issues of rubbing. Travis......we have to do a photo shoot with Cl Platano man with the 3rd generation TL with the Blk Donz Montana.

Kevin
Kevin,

Yea man i saw CL's boy wit the 3rd gen in another thread, it looks really good...we really should meet up a weekend...maybe u can get intouch with CL Platano and we can set something up. As for ur setup, that shoulds wicked man but is the back tire stretched out?...thats smart goin with 255 because u wouldnt rub as much as if u went with 275...i rub alittle more because of that but it looks good because i wanted alittle more protections against the rim, even though i park like a foot away from curbs, its just for safety. But im def down for the photo shoot...if only invincible was around our area that would be a wicked photoshoot

Travis
Old 06-04-2006, 06:12 AM

Kevin,

But im def down for the photo shoot...if only invincible was around our area that would be a wicked photoshoot

Travis
When and what time? Cant wait to see your guys pics.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Pro

When and what time? Cant wait to see your guys pics.

ill u know when and where Invincible...it would be pretty nice pics if we can get a nice location
Old 06-04-2006, 03:18 PM
VS#03

Travis; I'll be in Cambria Heights Queens today around 5:30pm, give me a holla. I'll pm you my cell # if you want to talk about the photo shoot & check out the rides (Duece-Zero) club.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Racer

we should have a meet with all of us and a photoshoot, lemme know guys even though im kinda stock with aspec body kit and droped an inch, ill still come

Quick Reply: It's only 20 inch's!