It's only 20 inch's!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 09:48 PM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I formally request photo shoots of both of these cars with some nice scenery/landscapes as the backdrop...

Old 03-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Intermediate

i just bought some 18" today but i have the a-spec body kit do u guys think thats too small should have i gone bigger?
Old 03-26-2006, 10:03 PM
Racer

CHRIST

: drool:
Old 03-26-2006, 10:19 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by sik-yet-slick-TL
i just bought some 18" today but i have the a-spec body kit do u guys think thats too small should have i gone bigger?

i dont think 18 are to0 small at all...i ran around with the 18x8.5 aspec wheels for about a year and a half...i think 18x8.5 will look pretty damn good wit the right offset and right drop.

Travis
Old 03-26-2006, 10:24 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks great man..Can't go wrong with 20's..Definately get the EDFC saves lots of time and headaches..That is on my wish list too..
Old 03-26-2006, 10:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

wow........i'm late to this thread,but damn nice car.............One of the Best WDP's i think i've seen wow
Old 03-27-2006, 12:11 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by VtecMW

Sweet mother of TL's!!! Those 2 are both sick rides, love the rims!!!
Old 03-27-2006, 11:27 AM
Pro

invincible569..u are the mannn....remember i told you my car was rubbing?..well after you showed us where was rubbin on your car i decided to take a loook on mine and what do you know..ITS THHE SAME SPOT. I have been killin myself for the past week tryin to find out where the hell was rubbin. I dont know why i thought i have more space back there but it is indeed the same area....thanks again for letting us know what you did to stop the rubbin

Travis
Old 03-27-2006, 01:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Acuracy, glad I could of been of assistance. I had my wife drive the car over a bump so we could see where the noise was coming from. We were suprised it was that spot. I thought it was the fenders. After driving it now for a while, I dont need to roll the fenders unless I get a wider tire. Maybe. As for new modifications.. I really want that S/C.. but I may start off slow and just get intake and other misc stuff. Its one of those things where I just want it, but dont really need it. I also tried to gun it.. and it does seem a tad bit slower on take off. It's not as responsive I dont think. I will use this analogy and maybe thats whats happening.. you drive a 10 speed bike.. your take off is slower than a regular smaller bike. The smaller the bike.. the faster you can take off, but in the long end its slower. Kind of like gears. Again.. that affects braking too.

sik-yet-slick: 18's are good. It all depends on what you like.

aznkikaz:

Phesto: Thank you!! I wanted a clean look.

Jumpman: Thank you! Thats how we do it in TX and NY!
Old 03-27-2006, 03:17 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by invincible569
Acuracy, glad I could of been of assistance. I had my wife drive the car over a bump so we could see where the noise was coming from. We were suprised it was that spot. I thought it was the fenders. After driving it now for a while, I dont need to roll the fenders unless I get a wider tire. Maybe. As for new modifications.. I really want that S/C.. but I may start off slow and just get intake and other misc stuff. Its one of those things where I just want it, but dont really need it. I also tried to gun it.. and it does seem a tad bit slower on take off. It's not as responsive I dont think. I will use this analogy and maybe thats whats happening.. you drive a 10 speed bike.. your take off is slower than a regular smaller bike. The smaller the bike.. the faster you can take off, but in the long end its slower. Kind of like gears. Again.. that affects braking too.

sik-yet-slick: 18's are good. It all depends on what you like.

aznkikaz:

Phesto: Thank you!! I wanted a clean look.

Jumpman: Thank you! Thats how we do it in TX and NY!
LOL, Im telling you man the accelleration is slower... Thats why you need a SUPERCHARGER... l
Old 03-27-2006, 04:06 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Jumpman45
Sweet mother of TL's!!! Those 2 are both sick rides, love the rims!!!

Jumpman45:..thanks bro....like invincible569 said thats how we do it in NY and TX...thanks again
Old 03-27-2006, 06:29 PM
it's 4:20

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
[QUOTE= schulimator: I have seen your car and its beautiful. It was my desktop wallpaper at some point to keep me dreaming of what my car would look like when the wheels were still in process. I did a ton of research and Iforged is coming up pretty strong in the wheel industry. Do you have any rubbing issues on your 20's? .[/QUOTE]
Thanks, wow someone had my car as their desktop They slightly rub when I either have people in back or hit a good dip, and its only in the rear. The TL has this crazy felt like liner which doesn't seem to tear up the tire. 20's (the right style) I think look the best on 3rd gens.my
Old 03-27-2006, 06:33 PM

I just got a Rotora big brake kit for the front. The 20s sure make the factory brakes look small..I will post some pics this weekend when installed..also got the windows tinted
Old 03-27-2006, 08:23 PM

More pics! The rear looks wider. I remember I noticed that when I was following madhetsobi one day.. the lower you drop it.. the wider it looks Which is a good thing for me. The car has to own the road.

Old 03-27-2006, 08:40 PM

What is it with sports bikes? I was going home tonight and a bike out of no where is hauling butt behind me. Then he pulls up next to me while I am driving on the freeway and ducks his head down looking to see what kind of wheels I had. He kept looking back at the wheels and then I had to get on another freeway so I turned away.

OH.. i ordered my locks and new lugnuts today. Gorilla's. In case anyone is interested because I did do a search and couldnt find anything.. the wheel locks they recommended are 12mmx1.5 cone seat by the wheel manufacturer. It was $48 for 16 lugnuts and 4 locks with the key.

Another thing I have noticed is that the steering wheel vibrates a bit at 70mph. The wheels were balanced, and I also received some hub centric spacers for wheels which is suppose to eliminate vibration. Do you guys think I need to buy a new pair for the fronts?
Old 03-27-2006, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Schulminator
I just got a Rotora big brake kit for the front. The 20s sure make the factory brakes look small..I will post some pics this weekend when installed..also got the windows tinted

Why did you have to go talking about brakes now?? Your making me want some. It sure would help. My wife was asking why I need them. Because I do! I was reading about the Wilwoods that MugenR has and im impressed by the weight difference. How much did you pay for yours and where did you purchase? thanks!
Old 03-27-2006, 09:10 PM
Pro

i think the best mod i did to my car was the BBK...i was never satisfied with the stock TL breaks...you wont regret it. I also upgraded the rear rotors, pads and also upgraded to SS brake lines. But now i see rotora has BBK for the rear im thinking of getting. Also I got the 330 rotors in the front..which ones did you get? I see they also offer 350 front rotors now but it requires 18's but the 330s allow mee to use my stock 17s for winter.

Travis
Old 03-27-2006, 09:23 PM

Acuracy.. are yours stoptech? Do you have a side picture of it? How much did you end up paying for the front kit? Are they also lighter in weight compared to stock?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:08 PM
STR8BALLIN

hey madehtsobi and 569 what part of h-town yall live? i hear yall meeting up let me know when, maybe us 3 could do a photshoot
Old 03-27-2006, 11:00 PM
Pro

Acuracy.. are yours stoptech? Do you have a side picture of it? How much did you end up paying for the front kit? Are they also lighter in weight compared to stock?
i actually have Rotoras. i paid 1500 i think for the front kit along with the rear rotors, pads and stainless line.

p.s invincible569 beautiful home, car and lil girl man..looks like you have it all. My family actually were considering relocating to Dallas, we have a few close friends there..it is beautiful down there, everything is soo new and the roads are great...not like NY
Old 03-27-2006, 11:15 PM
Burning Brakes

invincible569
your car looks amazing
after reading this thread, I know which size rims to get, it is definitly 20's.
also, great choice on rims, I have seen some pretty ugly rims and I think that has to be the best looking rims on a tl
Old 03-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Advanced

Another thing I have noticed is that the steering wheel vibrates a bit at 70mph. The wheels were balanced, and I also received some hub centric spacers for wheels which is suppose to eliminate vibration. Do you guys think I need to buy a new pair for the fronts?
I have the same problem, but my wheels dont have those hub centric. Maybe it's alignment problem? I didn't have the problem until I lowered the car.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

More pics! The rear looks wider. I remember I noticed that when I was following madhetsobi one day.. the lower you drop it.. the wider it looks Which is a good thing for me. The car has to own the road.
Looks like your daughter is gonna compete w/ clays daughter for the next top model and they're both next to WDP TL's ! haha.

Your house is gorgeous! do you live in Houston? how many bed/bath sq. feet? and how much does a house like that go for on the market right now?

man.. i hope i don't get that wheel vibration when i get my koni shocks and wheels
Old 03-28-2006, 02:05 AM
05 WDP 6MT

WoW!!! Super Nice....
Old 03-28-2006, 02:27 AM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
[QUOTE=invincible569]More pics! The rear looks wider. I remember I noticed that when I was following madhetsobi one day.. the lower you drop it.. the wider it looks Which is a good thing for me. The car has to own the road.

I agree with you about when lowering the rear more makes the rear look wider.

I am so jealous....cool car and a cool house too!!
Old 03-28-2006, 03:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by VelfarreClubber
Looks like your daughter is gonna compete w/ clays daughter for the next top model and they're both next to WDP TL's ! haha.

Your house is gorgeous! do you live in Houston? how many bed/bath sq. feet? and how much does a house like that go for on the market right now?

man.. i hope i don't get that wheel vibration when i get my koni shocks and wheels

Hahaha. She doesn't have the pink hair though. Love the house. I have family in Houston....looks like a nice area, I definatly need to visit down there sometime.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:31 AM
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts
Love the ride! I think you just made me think twice about getting 19's. Haha
Old 03-28-2006, 06:07 AM
Instructor

Wow! sorry for the latenes, but it looks GREAT! perfect man, perfect!
Old 03-28-2006, 07:17 AM
ITL
I do my own work.

nice pad...those are definitely the best looking wheels I've seen on a TL yet.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:41 AM

Str8ballin: We will most likely meet up this Saturday in the evening time. JR is coming too. I live in the Cypress area. You? Your car looks sweet!! Perfect drop and wheels! Send me your # through PM. I was thinking about getting our cars washed/detailed first.. then we can roll to a nice background. If you can, reserve a couple of hrs.

Acuracy: From what i can see, the brakes look good. I think I am going to get some. I was thinking of Stoptech though. Do you think thats a good choice? How much are pads to replace and do they go out often? I figured since we have bigger wheels, we can use the excuse of needing BBK's. Besides, maybe all of this will build me up for the S/C. Get the foundation setup first, then power. Oh, i also have another little girl. She is almost 2 yrs old. Next time I will get her in the pic too : )

shayan: I had the same concerns as you. I was nervous ordering 20's.. but also didnt want to regret ordering 19's. After receiving them, I knew I made the right choice. Before I bought the wheels, i was at a local wheel place and the guy told me straight out.. you will regret getting 19's because some other guy who bought 19's for his TL recently at his place was dissapointed. So from someone who was caught in between the same concerns as you, I would think you will be ok. A drop is a must though. That has always been in the equation with wheels. Oh and thank you!

stocktl: You may want to order some hub centric rings. They sell them at discount tire. Read up on it here. I may end up replacing mine with those. I got mine from the wheel manufacturer. It could be be related to alignment?? I havent done mine yet. I dropped the car a week before and didnt have the vibration problem. Now with the wheels I do. OH.. did you want to come meet with us this Sat? I really like your car. Here is the link:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...riesWheels.jsp

Velfarre: Houston is a great place to live since cost of living is very low. You can buy a nice home for something that costs millions in Cali. A lot of people are migrating down here because of that. That house was priced for $380k on the market. It also has a lake in the back which was $40k extra. BUT... you can always talk a house price down. As for my daughter.. i got him beat. I have two!! jk And she is in her 2nd yr of Karate! She's been kicking boys in the head believe it or not (sparring). Im not letting no child molester get a hold of my girls! they better fight back. She's in soccer too right now.. but thats too boring for her right now. She doesnt benefit as much as Karate.

dooky: thank you!!

ed99: thank you. Do you think the back is a little too low? I dont want to raise it.

clay: come on down to Houston! We will show you how TL's represent down here. Im going to have to go to the party store and buy some blue hair now.

aznbo: 20's!! dont think twice! Remember.. its all about perception. The style of the wheel and the color makes the look.

claus: thanks! its never to late to pop open a bottle of champagne!
Old 03-28-2006, 12:13 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
I'm glad to see this thread. The TL makes rims look small. Most who see my car think the 17s are 15s. I was thinking 20s would look normal on this car and now I know I'm right. Glad I didn't get the optional 18s now.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Velfarre: Houston is a great place to live since cost of living is very low. You can buy a nice home for something that costs millions in Cali. A lot of people are migrating down here because of that. That house was priced for $380k on the market. It also has a lake in the back which was $40k extra. BUT... you can always talk a house price down. As for my daughter.. i got him beat. I have two!! jk And she is in her 2nd yr of Karate! She's been kicking boys in the head believe it or not (sparring). Im not letting no child molester get a hold of my girls! they better fight back. She's in soccer too right now.. but thats too boring for her right now. She doesnt benefit as much as Karate.
Damn that hurts!! Im looking to purchase this new townhome in development for about $530k 1,676 sq. ft. 3 bed 2.5 bath 1 Loft 2 car garage

Its the price to pay to live in Cali, i know TX can get real hot! in the summer
Old 03-28-2006, 03:15 PM

Yea mine shakes a little as well, they are balanced and rebalanced and my alignment is good. I think because the tire is so thin, you get alot more feedback through the steering wheel than before. It's really not that bad though...

sorry to bring up the brakes..sore subject... haha..i'm sure you will have them very soon..also nice house.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:30 PM
05 WDP TL

ok i need to see this car in person now ed!!!! where r u???
Old 03-28-2006, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by madehtsobi
ok i need to see this car in person now ed!!!! where r u???
I just walked in the door man. And it just rained. the car isnt clean anymore I was about to go wash it.. but then I saw that it may rain again tomorrow. What to do??

ihatecars: I agree.

schulimaitor: when I said dont talk about brakes, I really wanted you to talk more to me about it. LOL. Im definitely interested in getting BBK's now. How much did you pay for install?
Old 03-28-2006, 05:53 PM
Empire of The Sun

Props on the TL
Old 03-28-2006, 06:44 PM

I'm doing the install this weekend.
I will post pics when completed, have some pics hopefully Saturday evening
Old 03-28-2006, 07:35 PM
STR8BALLIN

madehtsobi got anymore pics of your ride? saw you one time on bellaire and beltway looks pretty clean
Old 03-29-2006, 08:00 AM

Hey Guys.. for those who wanted to meet this Saturday, Im going to push it back until next weekend. This weekend may rain going by the forecast and madhetsobi is not 100% sure he may make it. I would rather just hold it until next Sat. Its going to be a couple of us and I know JR has a full meet going on that Saturday too. We can take pics.. then head out to this meet if you guys want. Im also trying to get a hold of a SLR camera from a friend which takes clean pictures. PM me your number if i dont have it already.

ACER: thank you!

Schuliminator: Cant wait!
Old 03-29-2006, 01:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Hey when you get that blue wig I wanna see some pics...lol. I talk to my Dad about going down al the time but don't know if I would drive. I like driving but damn.

Quick Reply: It's only 20 inch's!