It's only 20 inch's!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nYmALu86
Both rides look absolutely stunning!!!

Acuracy: hey man where in queens are you? i am alwasy around queens i think i might hav saw your car around. i love the design of those rims. if you don't mind me asking how come you didnt go with a wider ip in the rear if its 9.5" in the rear?

invincible59: wow! the car sits perfect in the last two pictures. how dark is your tint? it looks like limo tint! lol maybe its the contrast between white and black or maybe light? anyways you think you can take a few shots from the rear to see the 9.5"?? thanks and again both riteds r beautiful!

Thanks alot for the comments man...im usually around ozone park/richmond hill queens (i work out there), and i live in floral park if you see me give me a shout man and i wanted a bigger lip but the guys at HRE said they didnt wanna go bigger because of rubbing and it was already 20s and i told them im dropped so they said this was a safe way to go....somethin like that its been a few months but none the less it looks pretty good in person.

yea i thought invincible59 had limo tint too but i think its the contrast of the wdp with the tint or is really limo?

invincible59 :...rubbin on the bolts eh?..thats weird because i have alittle space from where the bodykit bolts up..im havin alittle rubbin else where im not sure yet because i rolled the fenders and still ALITTLE rub it sounds ilke the tire is rubbin on plastic because if it was metal i would see the effects oon the tire i think but just grind them down and u should be goood to go
Travis
Old 03-25-2006, 01:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Acuracy
thanks man...the car looks good....are these pics after you tickered with the suspension? because i like the stance...i cant tell from the pic but can the front go lower without rubbbingg?

Travis
Yes. These pics are from an hr ago. I also like the stance. I want to keep it this way as long as the rubbing gets fixed. Then I can finally go in and do an alignment. As for the front, I think I can go lower in the front. When I was coming out of my driveway (slopes down), the tires rub a little. Therefore I dont want to tinker with the front drop.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:03 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by invincible569
Yes. These pics are from an hr ago. I also like the stance. I want to keep it this way as long as the rubbing gets fixed. Then I can finally go in and do an alignment. As for the front, I think I can go lower in the front. When I was coming out of my driveway (slopes down), the tires rub a little. Therefore I dont want to tinker with the front drop.
yup same thing with me on the front...on certain inclines my front tires rubs just alittle.

Travis
Old 03-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

acuracy.. how you drive around richmond hill with those wheels? i know around jamaica ave the roads are JACKED..
invincible, your car is sick.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by big mike 13
acuracy.. how you drive around richmond hill with those wheels? i know around jamaica ave the roads are JACKED..
invincible, your car is sick.

nahh i stay away from jamaica avee...u will never see me there..but hillside and liberty ave is good for the most part but im surprised how tuff these wheels are cause i hit some pretty mean holes and they are good ::knocks on wood::

Travis
Old 03-25-2006, 01:51 PM
A-SPEC TL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
car looks very good man....PROPS
Old 03-25-2006, 10:37 PM
Burning Brakes

The car looks amazing with that set up. Great choice.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:24 AM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
More pics as requested:

I have been checking this thread 2-3 times a day just to keep up to date for new pics. Your TL looks awesome. Are you planning in lowering the front a tat bit more?? Say do you have any closer pics of your ride??
Old 03-26-2006, 05:59 AM

Acuracy/ed99: Today I plan to lower the front just a tab bit. not as much as I did the back yesterday. The reason for this is because last night I was driving and I could see the HID's stare people in the face. I was blinding them. I was also getting high beamed. I figured since I was thinking about it.. I should lower it just a little bit. Dont worry, i dont plan to make it look too low. Just a couple of twists on the Tein SS. Im also going to have the rubbing issue fixed this Sunday morning & readjust the stiffness/softness. Ed, what kind of close pics are you looking for? Are you speaking about getting creative with the camera with angled shots? I was actually planning to do that next weekend when I meet up with madhetsobi and jbrng2r. I have some pics of the clear front headlights/LED's?

clay88: thank you! Yesterday was the first time I have seen this car in the day time with the wheels. It looks fantastic and at every stop light, someone is checking them out. I had a G35 on the freeway yesterday catch up from way behind as it slowed down next to me. Both guys in the car were check it out. I know its no Ferrari, but its not your everyday TL.

Klutch, thank you!!

I will have more pics up today. As I stated earlier, I will be removing the seats for stiffness/softness dampering and will also adjust the front height. I might as well post pics of what I am doing.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:02 AM
Shift_faster

I have to tell you that I am not a fan of 20" rims. But those rims look great! Props for a combo that no one on Acurazine has...that looks amazing. Good job.

p.s. Can we have some more closeups of the wheel? I guess I can wait till the photoshoot next weekend...=)
Old 03-26-2006, 12:13 PM

I had an appt with a mechanic that JR introduced me too. I needed some readjustments. Here's what was done:

The rear seats were removed to adjust the stiffness/softness on the Tein SS. I was aching from the bouncy car since it was very stiff. We adjusted them and it feels like stock. Honestly! We also readjusted the front too. Its a pain in the butt and this is why an EDFC can save you some headaches/time. Im exteremely happy with the ride now as I wastn before.

Next, we lowered the front springs just a bit. You can see the amount of space between the top green plate vs the bottom. Its perfect now.

The rubbing issue has now been fixed too!! He sliced out this area and it does not rub anymore.

Old 03-26-2006, 12:19 PM

By the way.. since I am debadged, I was asked at a gas station an hr ago what kind of car it was. He then gave me a lot of compliments. I also had some bikes catch up to me and when they passed me one of the guys was pointing back to me talkin to the other guy. Other than that, its just simple looks and turns.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Pro

have you considered getting the EDFC? Im tellin you wont regret it.

Travis
Old 03-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Racer

Acuracy: Im having a problem with some rubbing now. My wife inspected it and seems to be rubbing on the back bumber where the A-Spec bodykit bolts on. Pretty strange. I may need to grind it down.

trancemission: thanks bro!! Thats how I wanted the look and im very pleased.

nyma: I posted that pic above for you of the rear of the car. Its debadged by the way. As for the tint, I have 20% all around. The reason why its so dark also is because I have the ebony/dark interior. Maybe I can answer your question for acuracy, but on the IForged wheels they have a process where it can give you an extra inch of lip. When I shopped with HRE, they didnt have this and could only offer me a 1.5 to maybe a 2" lip. That reminds me.. i need to measure the size of the lip.
Thanks for the rear pics. Debadged as well huh? nice!! Yeah I figured it was 20% tint on your car and it was just the contrast of it. And again loving the whole setup man the rims were well worht the wait!
Old 03-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Racer

Thanks alot for the comments man...im usually around ozone park/richmond hill queens (i work out there), and i live in floral park if you see me give me a shout man and i wanted a bigger lip but the guys at HRE said they didnt wanna go bigger because of rubbing and it was already 20s and i told them im dropped so they said this was a safe way to go....somethin like that its been a few months but none the less it looks pretty good in person.

yea i thought invincible59 had limo tint too but i think its the contrast of the wdp with the tint or is really limo?

invincible59 :...rubbin on the bolts eh?..thats weird because i have alittle space from where the bodykit bolts up..im havin alittle rubbin else where im not sure yet because i rolled the fenders and still ALITTLE rub it sounds ilke the tire is rubbin on plastic because if it was metal i would see the effects oon the tire i think but just grind them down and u should be goood to go
Travis
That's where I saw you, I'm usually around the floral park area and hillside ave. I'll keep an eye out for you whenever I'm down there. I might be going there sometime next month. It's a good idea that you stay away from jamacia, those roads are just horrible man. Again loving the HRE rims. BTW how much did they cost?
Old 03-26-2006, 01:41 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Dang Ed!!!

Ur really convincing me to get the Tein SS man.... Im going nuts if i want to get it now or save some more money for the "You know what" some extra HP, so i can mess with them G's and Z's... But ill make a thread for the next TL's car meet so we can REALLY represent TLs for the next big meet... I felt like we got snub in the car meet.. it will be the 1st week of April.. Ill keep u posted man... How long did marcelo install the springs? rate his work?
Old 03-26-2006, 01:42 PM
Pro

More pics as requested:

Damn...seein those pics makin me regret not getting WDP...i was supposed to get WDP but the one i saw at the dealer didnt POP like your does to me and i guess thats what turned me away...plus i wanted to ebony interior and in 04 they didnt have that combo...

Travis
Old 03-26-2006, 01:44 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by nYmALu86
That's where I saw you, I'm usually around the floral park area and hillside ave. I'll keep an eye out for you whenever I'm down there. I might be going there sometime next month. It's a good idea that you stay away from jamacia, those roads are just horrible man. Again loving the HRE rims. BTW how much did they cost?

Give me a shout if you see me....the rims and tires cost me around 6000...but let me tell u well worth it...i bought them from Wheel Warehouse out in california...great ppl out there

Travis
Old 03-26-2006, 01:44 PM

OK.. here are the new pics with the official no more drop! This is it. Im tired of tinkering with it for a while. Next set of pics will be with the rest of the WDP guys.

Old 03-26-2006, 01:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Had to show my wife the finished look also. She thinks it's the best lookin WDP on the forum....besides hers of course. lol
Old 03-26-2006, 02:03 PM
Pro

PERFECT STANCE!!!!.....dont touch a thing man
Old 03-26-2006, 02:07 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car meet link

Hey Ed, here is the car meet link.............

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...59#post4762059
Old 03-26-2006, 03:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

PERFECT STANCE!!!!.....dont touch a thing man

would you think the rear wheels would rub when you have 5 passengers?
Old 03-26-2006, 04:00 PM

Travis, I have been thinking about it everyday! The EDFC would help me a lot. It's been put on the wish list! I can understand now why its worth it. As for the WDP, I know what you mean. We bought WDP, but I knew what we were after. I saw the potential in it. I did the same before with my first gen TL. My friends thought I was stupid for buy a TL. I proved them wrong once i got the wheels for it. Did you ever see a pic of it? I really like your car! A lot! Im glad I finally got the stance down. Thank goodness for adjustables!

Nyma, Thank you! Actually Im pretty paranoid about having these windows tinted like this. Im a strong target now with these wheels for getting pulled over. Any day now Im sure! I had the same tint on my last TL because I loved the privacy. You could have tons of naked girls in the back... OOPS. wait. wrong thread. My wife may be reading this. JK!

JR, just wait until you drive my car. You will know for sure then if its for you or not. Im very happy now. I could go a little more softer, but this is fine. I cant wait until next week. You, Wes and I are gonna do a little meet. We should go detail our cars together. Maybe I can learn some tricks. I know Wes takes his cars to shows so I want learn from the master. Then we can snap away. Hmm.. do you know of any hot models? jk. OH. and see if you can find someone with a nice SLR camera. The pictures would come out very clean.

clay, agreed! Your wife's car is the best. Dont ever thikn otherwise. Thanks again! Or wait.. thank her. jk bro.

Velfarrre, I did have that rubbing issue but its gone now after the modification. But if i had 5 people.. hmmm. im not sure? Are they 4 other girls or 5 big guys? Maybe I can test this next weekend when I meet with the guys if you want me too?
Old 03-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car looks good. However, they just look too big for the TL. Just my though. Car definitely stands out now.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:05 PM

Sizes starting from left to right (Stock - After Tein SS - After Wheels)

Front
7.5" - 6.5" - 6 3/4"
Middle
7" - 6 3/4" - 6.5"
Rear
9.5" - 10" - 9"

I measured again and the front is back down to 6.5. I lost that 1/4 inch after todays tweak! Im happy.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:08 PM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Your car looks perfect!! Thanks for posting all those pics and I am sure their will be more to come after the Meet. Must be fun watching everyone getting whipblash checking your ride out. haha!!
Old 03-26-2006, 04:22 PM

I just measured the size of the lips. The fronts are 2" and the rear is 2.5". I saw CHEENO's idea of his 20 dollar bill and I wanted to top it off with a mil.

Old 03-26-2006, 04:34 PM

By the way.. with these wheels, I am able to add a big brake kit in the future. I didnt realize how much clearance I had until the mechanic pointed it out.

JDM5, no worries. I respect your opinion.

ed99, I have more pics, but they are more informative than anything. I was taking pics of how the guy removed the seats, and other misc stuff. Yea, its pretty fun and even better when the windows are tinted as dark as this so they dont see you. You know how it is.. they want to look, but as soon as you catch them looking, they pretend like they never were.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:33 PM
Banned

where was the piece you had cut out? i'm not sure I'm seeing it.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ol Blue Eyes
where was the piece you had cut out? i'm not sure I'm seeing it.

I dont have a pic after the cut.. but this is the area which was sliced out. On the edge of this plastic piece, you can see the dark edge where the tire met it.

Old 03-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Racer

[QUOTE=invincible569]
Nyma, Thank you! Actually Im pretty paranoid about having these windows tinted like this. Im a strong target now with these wheels for getting pulled over. Any day now Im sure! I had the same tint on my last TL because I loved the privacy. You could have tons of naked girls in the back... OOPS. wait. wrong thread. My wife may be reading this. JK! [QUOTE]
HAHAH! I know exactly what you mean about the privacy part. I had 5% limo tint all around. and NEVER got a ticket. I have the TL and one week after I put 20% all around I get puled over for the windows. I guess I snapped his partners neck since he had to make U turn on a 3 lane service road 2 pull me over! But yeah I have to agree with you on the attention, esp. with the wheels on now. Just be careful.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:19 PM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

This is an absolutely gorgeous ride. Great job on it. You guys with WDP are definitely showing you're the alter ego of those of us who have NBP.

I badly need to get my headlights cleared.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:30 PM
it's 4:20

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
569 your car is HOTTT can't go wrong with iforged 20's. I have aeros..and love them..
Old 03-26-2006, 07:40 PM
Racer

Your car is looking pretty sweet man nice job.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:56 PM

nyma: The attention is pretty crazy. Just got back on a quick drive to Subway and some guy and a girl made it pretty obvious that they wanted to see the car. He was in front of me and was kept turning his entire body back and face looking in between both seats. He would look that way, then try to look through the side mirror, then back again. My wife and I had to laugh because it was too much. But like you said.. it may also attract the wrong attention. Dont worry, I have learned this with my past vehicles as they have also been upgraded like this. Im always on the lookout for anything suspisciuos. As for the cops.. there's no way out of that one. If it becomes too much, I may have to retint the windows because going to court is very time consuming.

vtecMW: Thank you very much. It's time WDP's get some attention. madhetsobi helped me get my headlights cleared and after that, I added orange LED's. Not sure if you seen them or not.

schulimator: I have seen your car and its beautiful. It was my desktop wallpaper at some point to keep me dreaming of what my car would look like when the wheels were still in process. I did a ton of research and Iforged is coming up pretty strong in the wheel industry. Do you have any rubbing issues on your 20's?

pizzaman: thank you! It took me a while to get here, but I am finally here and can continue my quest with other modifications as time goes by.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Velfarrre, I did have that rubbing issue but its gone now after the modification. But if i had 5 people.. hmmm. im not sure? Are they 4 other girls or 5 big guys? Maybe I can test this next weekend when I meet with the guys if you want me too?
More like a mixed crowd since I go clubbing and there are times when all of a sudden people jump in and its like another party going on lol. There has never been an event w/ 5 dudes in the car but more like 3 girls and 2 guys.

The usual capacity for my car is 3 people.

Your ride looks fawking clean! the wheels look just a tad big for me.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:12 PM
Racer

nyma: The attention is pretty crazy. Just got back on a quick drive to Subway and some guy and a girl made it pretty obvious that they wanted to see the car. He was in front of me and was kept turning his entire body back and face looking in between both seats. He would look that way, then try to look through the side mirror, then back again. My wife and I had to laugh because it was too much. But like you said.. it may also attract the wrong attention. Dont worry, I have learned this with my past vehicles as they have also been upgraded like this. Im always on the lookout for anything suspisciuos. As for the cops.. there's no way out of that one. If it becomes too much, I may have to retint the windows because going to court is very time consuming.
Kool, you sound like you know what you're doing. But unfortunately I retinted my car because I was just soo paranoid after the 1st ticket. Esp. since its $90 per window. I have 35% on the sides and 20% still on the rear window. So far no problems. (knock on wood.)
EDIT: I originally had 20% all around and it was so nice when it was clean, eh oh well. haha
Old 03-26-2006, 08:13 PM
Pro

569, i know wha u mean about attracting the wrong attention, just be careful and dont take the car anywhere and everywhere, know wha i mean? The first few days i put my new wheels on i took it by one of my stores and i usually park in the back and some jackass slashed one of my back tiress. But i gotta agree its great to see ppl catch up just to catch a glimpse especially the bimmer guys

Any plans for anyother mods?

1 more thing. Since u put the 20s on have u noticed the car to be sluggish on low end? I noticed this but my friend drove it and also my bro and they said it was just me but i think it really got sluggish down low, it probably did wit the bigger wheels but i guess its just an excuse to save up for the charger

Travis
Old 03-26-2006, 08:45 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
<--------------------- thats all I can say

Quick Reply: It's only 20 inch's!