I thought my TL was modded till this guy showed up.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009 | 01:51 AM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Originally Posted by mmade22
Check out Eric's many other threads. He has the supercharger he pulled out of the old A/T car and he is still doing some final touch up to it before it's mounted. He is also enjoying the car N/A as the weather is nice and cold and he has a six speed to play with....A whole different car as many 6-speed owners know. Eric said he can't get over how much faster the car is with a 6-speed.
Yeah I've been following his o4AT to o5MT swap thread closely and noticed the things you said. I just, for some reason, thought he had installed the s/c by now... especially since there hasn't been any updates.
I have a 6m/t myself and it's definitely a beast... was able to handle a TL-S auto[stock] head to head with just an intake and TB spacer.
6spd is definitely nice.
Old 01-05-2009 | 02:19 AM
Cruisin'

Very nice cars, both of you. I was actually lucky enough to check out Eric's car in person a few weeks ago when I was picking my car up from service, and man that car is rediculous. Oh and by the way the rear is nice and clean with a Type-s lip spoiler; it actually inspired me to look in to getting one lol. Oh and mmade22 props on the garage one of the cleanest garages I have ever seen.
Old 01-05-2009 | 08:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

some sick cars you have there.... i m really thinking about taking a road trip to NC my sister lives there and some friends i know ...wintsion salem and durem i think thats how you spell it .... But if i do go down there i diff wanna do a meet
Old 01-05-2009 | 08:59 AM
Racer

Very nice! I like the gold/white combo of the rims. I am thinking of doing that as well. What offset is he running?

And yes, it does look like the nicest TL's are in North Carolina! Maybe I will run past you guys on the highway when I am going to the beach this summer!
Old 01-05-2009 | 09:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

It's been awhile since I've seen that car. Last time was at the Promenade like a year ago. It's come a long way!
Old 01-05-2009 | 10:37 AM
"Like None Other"

SICK WHIPS!!! hats off to you both! CLEAN GARAGE mmade22 no wonder u got the DIY's on lock!...lol
Old 01-05-2009 | 10:39 AM
"Like None Other"

ACCURATEIN....i have got to see ur whip in person....SHEESH!!!
Old 01-05-2009 | 10:51 AM
Time to Climb

both cars and the garage look great!

jon, how's the lowered suspension holding up after all those miles?
Old 01-05-2009 | 11:14 AM
tehLEGOman

haha nice thread Jon! I was inside playing with legos when Jon was taking these spy shots.

I must say mmade22 is one hell of a nice guy. He done numerous things for me and the TL. His garage is immaculate as you can see in the pictures. It's equipped with everything..computers, speakers, full size fridge, the whole works. It definitely serves as a big inspiration to purchase a house with a 2 or 3 car garage.

Thanks for assistance Jon, and the dinner was phenomenal by the way.
Old 01-05-2009 | 11:30 AM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by UAwalker808
yup. his car is pretty damn sick. and u know what? WDP FTMFW BABY!!!!!!!!

oh btw. Eric, if you see this, who painted your front end? I need to know how much coats of pearl is used to make it match the rest of the car..thanx bro
Thanks brah! and Yes indeed, WDP FTMFW! My cousin painted it, i'll ask him what he did. I think i remember him saying three coats of the pearl.

Originally Posted by scotterson
omg ive been waiting for this!! freakin sick.

Thanks man!

Originally Posted by scotterson
i love your garage btw.
I love his garage too, you should see it in person.

Originally Posted by bforbrian
damn it's like michael jordan walked into your garage
haha, The michael jordan TL is the Honda R&D racecar TL. Lance Armstrong is a more fitting title for my TL. (enduring)

Originally Posted by ILLustriousUA6
i was thinking about this a couple days ago.. and was CURIOUS as to why this car has NOT been on the cover of honda tuning/import tuner magazine yet.. these guys are sleeping on something serious....

my god i love this car....i would treat eric breakfast/lunch/AND dinner just to ride in her.......
Well the main guy held responsible for that dilemna is a guy by the name of Clint Davis. He is the art director for Import Tuner.

haha thanks Don!

Originally Posted by UAwalker808
heheheheeeeheheehhe u called it winglets...heheheheheheheh
haha, thats what ARC calls them. Funny guys.

Originally Posted by o4Komodo
Definetely hot..
But I don't know if my eyes deceive me or not..
An intercooler with no s/c?
Your eyes are serving you correct. I get the question from time to time..."what turbo are you running"? haha

Originally Posted by Walshstl
Lucky... I would love to see that car in person.
It's a small world, you'll see it one day im sure.

Originally Posted by Rick_TL-S
The member's name escapes me, but he has an amazing looking TL. Been wanting to see how the rear looks on it, though. Hint, hint.
Thanks! Search my username for threads started and you'll find a plethora of images.

Originally Posted by AcuraStyle
wanna trade whips?
I do have a 5AT we can trade on!!

Originally Posted by ILLustriousUA6
o wow, i just noticed... he fitted the PMU's!!!
Good eyes! Yes, my man Justin with the NBP TL did the knuckle swap for me.

Originally Posted by chairguru22
Real question is, what is still stock on that TL?
haha, the motor, and the paint, and more things.

Originally Posted by bjtexer
Epic.............. Eric, im gonna have to come down to Charlotte to see ur 6spd TL man... was there any problem swaping ur car ? Nicely done bro. love ur new rims and of course ur TL too.
No probems yet! Come on down in March for the acura meet. I forget where it's at, but check it out on the meets section and bring the Kinetic beauty down here.

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
^

i noticed the intercooled n/a engine i guess its smart to do everything else before putting that blower back on... i hope he did the pre-cats and new engine mounts... with a 6spd, im sure he'll be tearing his OEM ones

my question is, whats up with his tires? they look like 215's !!!!
I haven't touched the cats or mounts yet, but will eventually.

haha, they are stretched! Theyre the old 235 invos off the bronze TEs.
Old 01-05-2009 | 11:39 AM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by o4Komodo
Yeah I've been following his o4AT to o5MT swap thread closely and noticed the things you said. I just, for some reason, thought he had installed the s/c by now... especially since there hasn't been any updates.
I have a 6m/t myself and it's definitely a beast... was able to handle a TL-S auto[stock] head to head with just an intake and TB spacer.
6spd is definitely nice.
haha it looks like it should be under the hood for sure! I've got a couple reasons for not having installed it yet...

-I want to get a feel for the car NA
-I miss the sound of the VTEC crossover
-I want the motor and tranny to last longer. With a lot of the weight taken out of the car, traction is already an issue.

Originally Posted by sai_iii
Very nice cars, both of you. I was actually lucky enough to check out Eric's car in person a few weeks ago when I was picking my car up from service, and man that car is rediculous. Oh and by the way the rear is nice and clean with a Type-s lip spoiler; it actually inspired me to look in to getting one lol. Oh and mmade22 props on the garage one of the cleanest garages I have ever seen.
I remember meeting you! You had the NBP 6MT if i remember correctly. Join us for the acura meet we've got organized for march. Check it out in the meets section over under off topic.

Originally Posted by milk man
some sick cars you have there.... i m really thinking about taking a road trip to NC my sister lives there and some friends i know ...wintsion salem and durem i think thats how you spell it .... But if i do go down there i diff wanna do a meet
Durham! My parents live there. Let me know if you're ever down visiting, and we'll see about meeting up.

Originally Posted by cotmfk
Very nice! I like the gold/white combo of the rims. I am thinking of doing that as well. What offset is he running?

And yes, it does look like the nicest TL's are in North Carolina! Maybe I will run past you guys on the highway when I am going to the beach this summer!
Thanks! 43 offset all the way around.

There's a good chance you'll see Jon on the road. He's forever on the highway.

Originally Posted by Blazin Si
It's been awhile since I've seen that car. Last time was at the Promenade like a year ago. It's come a long way!
Thanks man. I'm frequently at the promenade, as some other friends have spotted my TL there.

Originally Posted by djbonsu
ACCURATEIN....i have got to see ur whip in person....SHEESH!!!
You'll see it one day!

Originally Posted by godfather2
both cars and the garage look great!

jon, how's the lowered suspension holding up after all those miles?
Vinny! what up son. Thanks for the words my man.
Old 01-05-2009 | 12:38 PM
Vroooom!!!

Nice ride(s).
Old 01-05-2009 | 01:20 PM
boost owns

Both cars are looking great. I maintain faith that we'll see Eric's TL in Honda Tuning or Import Tuner one day.
Old 01-05-2009 | 02:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

i ll diff hit you guys up when i go down there that would be a mistake to vist down there and not check out your ride...NC is very nice there and nice weather and nice long high ways.... i was thinking about moving down there a while back just alittle slow for me but you never know
Old 01-05-2009 | 04:21 PM
7th Gear

Beautiful cars!
Old 01-05-2009 | 05:03 PM
Chapter Leader (Mid-Atlantic Region)

wettttttt! i remember seeing ACCURATEin's car at HIN landover MD last spring but i didnt get to see him, i guess he stepped away for a bit.
Old 01-05-2009 | 09:30 PM
2008 NBP

Turbo

Is this TL boosted if so what size turbo and what front bumper is that
Old 01-05-2009 | 09:47 PM
iScrape going into

Originally Posted by xrvman
Is this TL boosted if so what size turbo and what front bumper is that
No turbo. It sports the Comptech Supercharger. The front bumper is from a company called Versus.
Old 01-05-2009 | 10:01 PM
Banned

somebody put in alot of ranch time.
Old 01-06-2009 | 03:55 AM
Rev High; Drive Happy

I made something for yah!

I couldn't sleep and got bored.. So I thought I'd doodle and came up with this:

I've been wanting to draw ACURATEin's car for a while [especially after drawing Rocky's].
I thought the image was poopy so then... I turned to your thread mmade22.
I figured, why draw just ACURATEin's car.. when I can draw yours as well.
2 lovely WDPS.
Originally Posted by mmade22

I feel a bit bad, though. Drawing it took a while... and I started to get tired so your car, mmade22, got a little sloppy and less detailed. =[
Old 01-06-2009 | 07:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

^haha thats pretty funny that you started to get tired....but i like the drawing they look pretty good
Old 01-06-2009 | 08:03 AM
200,000 mile club

Feel bad? That is great man, I love that you spent anytime at all drawing my car. Eric's got the ride which needs all the detail as there is a ton of detail going on. Great job man!

I looked at this thread and can't help notice how plain my ride looks compare to Eric's. Man that nose really sets his car off right.

I have been one of the lucky ones to take a ride in Eric's car. I also have a 6mt and the engine is very strong. His car with all the weight removed, is a whole nother animal. The sound that you get without the interior and when it hits v-tech, it is pure bliss. Eric makes it look he has been driving a 6 speed since day one.

That car with the Comptech supercharger is going to be a pure animal.

Last edited by mmade22; 01-06-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Old 01-06-2009 | 02:06 PM
AZ Community Team

^^

He ever get his exhaust hooked back up or is he still Cat-back-less?

Sounded really mean without the catback.
Old 01-06-2009 | 04:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mglax13
I love everything on that car except one thing....the mirrors.

I'm not a big fan, they remind me of:

"Take my strong hand child!"

But in all seriousness, 2 totally sick rides which I use as a bench mark for my own modding aspirations.

lol
Old 01-06-2009 | 05:02 PM
Burning Brakes

SC w/ a intercooler? i thought SC uses aftercoolers
Old 01-06-2009 | 11:25 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Originally Posted by con5tant
SC w/ a intercooler? i thought SC uses aftercoolers
from what I understand, comptech made like 2 aftercoolers for the RSX.. The guy with the RSX is a friend of mine and he's one of two.

Eric just custom fitted an RSX intertercooler onto his supercharger.
Old 01-07-2009 | 10:04 AM
Burning Brakes

yea but an intercooler does not cool a supercharger? is it just for looks? i know the guy with the CTAC, he has a blue rsx right? lickmywanker or somethign on crsx
Old 01-08-2009 | 11:44 AM
DuDeChEwY

the cars look sick
Old 01-08-2009 | 11:36 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Originally Posted by con5tant
yea but an intercooler does not cool a supercharger? is it just for looks? i know the guy with the CTAC, he has a blue rsx right? lickmywanker or somethign on crsx
yup lol. i just saw him 2 days ago, lol. his car used to look total sleeper, till he put that sick ass CF rep wing,. lol. ricer!! but yea, the person that sold it to him was RON, s/c black rsx-s..
Old 01-10-2009 | 12:32 AM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
^^

He ever get his exhaust hooked back up or is he still Cat-back-less?

Sounded really mean without the catback.
Jim i saw your TL earlier in the week. It was lookin good!
Old 01-10-2009 | 12:38 AM
tehLEGOman

o4Komodo ... I feel special you took the time to draw some images of our TLs.

I've got a drawing of various cars on my wall i did when i was 17 or 18. It was so detailed i never finished it. You've got me inspired to take it off the wall and add a TL in the picture.
Old 01-10-2009 | 12:41 AM
tehLEGOman

Guys, you should have seen me and Jon earlier today. We attempted to install the rear ingalls camber kit on my car, but failed. Our completion rate was 25%,...we were only able to get the left rear camber arm installed. For the other three arms, the bolts were laughing at us. Those bitch's were'nt going anywhere.
Old 01-10-2009 | 01:12 AM
Instructor

Car looks awesome man . Very glad to see it so much closer to completion . I hope to see you at the meet in March . I love my 6spd .
Old 01-10-2009 | 01:31 AM
NOT my TL or ME

Originally Posted by mglax13
I love everything on that car except one thing....the mirrors.

I'm not a big fan, they remind me of:

"Take my strong hand child!"

But in all seriousness, 2 totally sick rides which I use as a bench mark for my own modding aspirations.
^^^^^^ I totally agree, iz very nice
Old 01-16-2009 | 04:43 PM
Advanced

both look nice but the one to the right the ron jon wheels are ugly sorry. and the one to left. why have the intercooler on right now if your na right now. im sure your going to put the blower back on. Seem like what a ricer would do roll around with fmi but no blower or turbo.
Old 01-16-2009 | 05:12 PM
200,000 mile club

^^

The reason for the intercoller before the supercharger is because he needed to fit it in place before he could mount up the new bumper. Why would Eric want to do double the work if he is putting the supercharger in the car in the near future? That would require taking the bumper back off and mounting the intercooler. Makes no sense to a person who has taken this bumper off.

I could understand if the guy bought the intercooler without the supercharger, but since he has all the parts, he isn't fooling anyone. Give the guy some time to work on the car and put it in.

The Ronjons aren't for everyone and I feel the same way about a lot of things in life......The difference between you and I is, my parents told me, if I have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.......Kindergarden 101