Finally, pics of my NBP (Buda)

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 11:46 PM
Starcraft II addict

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts
Talking Finally, pics of my NBP (Buda)

I finally feel like my TL is far enough along to post some pics. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I know some of you are going to complain about the aspec badge (I have everything but the suspension). I got the badge with full intention of getting the suspension and being a true aspec. However I am leaning away from this now. If I don't go that route I will be removing the aspec badge and may even debadge while i'm at it.

Pics of TL when new:

Pics of TL as of today:

Old 12-28-2006, 12:04 AM
iDrink

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
looks good! type-s taillights on nbp look awesome bro.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:08 AM
Registered TL Lover

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
i really like the interior you should take a couple more shots might i sugest some wheels to be your next mod
Old 12-28-2006, 12:16 AM
Starcraft II addict

^-- I'd love to get wheels, but my phase 1 remaining budget is only 900. Wheels will have to wait on a new budget. Besides I have my heart set on the Volk SF Challenges (diamond black).

I'll get up some pics of the interior tomorrow evening. I'll also put up a couple of the clear bra. You can't even tell there's one on there with the current pics.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Buda

Disclaimer: I know some of you are going to complain about the aspec badge (I have everything but the suspension). I got the badge with full intention of getting the suspension and being a true aspec. However I am leaning away from this now. If I don't go that route I will be removing the aspec badge and may even debadge while i'm at it.
you're only one thing away from the a-spec, so i doubt most people will give you beef for that. At least you're not like that Type S badge guy!
Old 12-28-2006, 06:18 AM
Registered TL Lover

well with 900 for a budget you could add a sub and amp and have plenty left for other audio upgrades if thats your thing you could do the nav to dvd conversion or i think you get intake and exhaust done or you could smoke or clear your headlights you cant do all of that stuff but anyof it can be done with 900 budget but hey its looking pretty good so far i think thats the first time i saw the pedals with that interior plus the wood wheel... nice
Old 12-28-2006, 11:04 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't get this obsession with the Type-S tails after seeing them in person....
Old 12-28-2006, 12:24 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by Laxplaya11385
you're only one thing away from the a-spec, so i doubt most people will give you beef for that. At least you're not like that Type S badge guy!
I really dont care what he goes with or does, as this is really up to the person if he feels comfortable with having the aspec badging or not. Hey, for some people they may just do the bodykit and consider it aspec. Others might argue that the wheels, being the most expensive 'aspec' option can qualify you, I'm in the boat where only the suspension actually qualifies you for aspec or not and everything else is minimal. Then there's the hardcore 'you must even have the steering wheel to qualify!!' crowd. For me, I dont care what you do, slap aspec, slap type S, as long as you have full disclosure when you sell the car and dont try to pass it off as something it isnt.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:36 PM
Starcraft II addict

Originally Posted by JJaber06
I don't get this obsession with the Type-S tails after seeing them in person....
For me I really didn't like the all red tails. In the dark I really liked them, but put them in daylight and I think they look ugly. The '07 -S tails do have lighting situations where I feel they don't look as good a normal, but overall I like them much better than the originals. The kicker that made me go for them was that IMO they give the car a sportier look and I think the black chrome goes well with my NBP.

Originally Posted by leedogg
I'm in the boat where only the suspension actually qualifies you for aspec or not and everything else is minimal.
That's basically what I believe. For acura getting the suspension kit (includes the wheels) is what registers you as an official aspec. As long as I would be official, I wouldn't care about a steering wheel. Besides the wood grain steering wheel goes well with my camel interior.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:01 PM
Starcraft II addict

Here are the interior pics.

Old 12-28-2006, 08:07 PM
Starcraft II addict

Originally Posted by RJANACONDA
well with 900 for a budget you could add a sub and amp and have plenty left for other audio upgrades if thats your thing you could do the nav to dvd conversion or i think you get intake and exhaust done or you could smoke or clear your headlights you cant do all of that stuff but anyof it can be done with 900 budget but hey its looking pretty good so far i think thats the first time i saw the pedals with that interior plus the wood wheel... nice
I do really want to upgrade the audio but am debating on how to do this. Right now I want to go higher end and not do smaller upgrades first, so the audio system upgrade is a ways down the road. I do want to clear and maybe black out the headlights but am a little scared of it.

Right now I'm leaning toward the TV and Nav2go module with wendy's backup camera. Then maybe adding on a mediagate or a dvdplayer. I figure the backup camera is a very functional and worthwhile addition. I'm also considering upgrading interior and license plate lights and add some more interior ambience lighting.

Thanks for the suggestions on the mods, I'm always looking for new ones. Thanks for the compliment on the interior as well.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:45 PM
Starcraft II addict

clear bra pics

Here's the last of the pics I'm planning for this post. These are of the custom cut clear bra on the hood and fenders.

Old 12-30-2006, 08:21 AM
Registered TL Lover

yeah no prob ive been doin up some mods myself but i want to get it all done b4 i make thread on it
Old 12-31-2006, 03:06 AM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Wow I am really tempted now to change up for those rear 07 TYpe S taillights now. They look really good on a NBP TL.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:01 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Buda! You better slow down or I won't be able to park next to you at our next meet. Actually, I think I know what I'm going to do to mine this spring....07 side markers, AEM CAI, racing pedals and maybe the Comptech RSB. I know nothing big, but like you it's a start.....from which I hope it keeps going.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:30 PM
Starcraft II addict

^-- all your to do mods sound good. I highly recommend the RSB. Where have you been lately. Haven't seen you on the forums.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:08 PM
Real Estate Investor

nice ride....
Old 02-02-2007, 01:29 AM
My Daily Driver

WOW! Clean install on the bra. I see no orange peel effect. Where did you get it done and what film is it?

Car looks HOT!
Old 02-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Pro

Sweet. NBP ROCKS!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Starcraft II addict

^-- Nice NBP! I really want to get my headlights cleared and possible blacked out but am scared. I really don't need another reason to get ticketed. Right now I'm working on the Backup Camera install with Dom's PNP. It's just to darn cold to finish the install.

Originally Posted by johnny--2k
WOW! Clean install on the bra. I see no orange peel effect. Where did you get it done and what film is it?

Car looks HOT!
I got the clear bra done at Auto Visions in Eden Prairie, MN. The tint is 28% Solar Guard, it was a brand new grade they had release. I chose it due to how well I liked the color and thought it would match with my car really well. I was right! The actual tint level factoring in the factory tint comes out to 22%. That's an official number as a nice officer told me after using his tint meter.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Pro

^-- Nice NBP! I really want to get my headlights cleared and possible blacked out but am scared. I really don't need another reason to get ticketed. Right now I'm working on the Backup Camera install with Dom's PNP. It's just to darn cold to finish the install.

I got the clear bra done at Auto Visions in Eden Prairie, MN. The tint is 28% Solar Guard, it was a brand new grade they had release. I chose it due to how well I liked the color and thought it would match with my car really well. I was right! The actual tint level factoring in the factory tint comes out to 22%. That's an official number as a nice officer told me after using his tint meter.

careful with waxing around that clear bra, cant remember his name exactly but it is ghost something I met him at a meet in VA and he has clear bra and it got swirled when he waxed it even though they told him it could be waxed and wouldnt get swirl marks.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:11 PM
Real Estate Investor

yea, MN likes to harass for tint...

How do you think they would like blacked out headlights and tinted tails?
Old 02-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Starcraft II addict

^-- I don't have to worry about the tinting the tails as I go the 07s. I have really wanted to do the clear/black on the headlights, but don't know how the cops react to that here. I really haven't seen any cars with that done around here. Then again I'm in EP.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:28 PM
Green Tea

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
You must be cold.....Your heated seats are on....lol......nice pics
Old 02-11-2007, 11:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
buda...nice ride, beautiful interior!

...just more proof why NBP is the best!
Old 02-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Starcraft II addict

Originally Posted by badazzTL-S
You must be cold.....Your heated seats are on....lol......nice pics
It's MN, darn right it's cold! Funny though, didn't even know I had those on when I took the pics.

NBP rocks!
Old 02-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Racer

The actual tint level factoring in the factory tint comes out to 22%. That's an official number as a nice officer told me after using his tint meter.

Damn Buda. You must of done something to get pulled over. I've had the tint on my TL since I bought it with no problems (even though mine isn't as dark as yours). But, my old car had 20% and I never got pulled over for it. I'm assuming you got a ticket for yours? Did you get pulled over by the EP police?
Old 02-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Starcraft II addict

^-- Yep got a ticket. I did a rolling stop at a light for a right hand turn in EP by the mall. Got a ticket for that and the tint. Went in to the hearing officer and she dropped the tint ticket and moved the rolling stop ticket of my record as long as I don't have another moving violation in the next year. I had to pay for the rolling stop citation as a processing fee. It's all good. I didn't have to take off the tint and now I know how dark my windows really are.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Advanced

camel is dope
Old 06-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Starcraft II addict

Thumbs up Some updates

First of all I got the Aspec 6MT suspension installed on my 5AT. I've finally earned that Aspec badge!

Clear back in december I bought wendy's camera and Dom's TVandNav2Go. I was able to mount the camera that month when I did the cold cathode tubes. However it was just to cold to do anything else. Finally this weekend I had time to tear up my car and run the wiring. The Camera and Dom's unit is installed and functional! I love it. I can't believe I waited so long to do this mod. If I ever get another car without a backup camera, this will be one of my first mods to it.

Here is the camera mounted in back. (Ignore the dirt and the missing license plate trim):

Of course I have to give a pic of my splash screen:

And finally the image through the backup camera. There is approximately 8 or so inches from where you see the ground past the bumper and the back of the car.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:49 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Whoa! You did all the work yourself? Including the A-spec? Rear cam?

This is making me want to go out and do the Navi Hack right now! In fact, I think I will do just that! Good job Buda! Damn good job man!

One other thing...SHOW ME THE A-SPEC!!!!!! I wanna see the drop!!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 05:52 PM
Starcraft II addict

I did all the work myself on the camera and suspension install. I pull the car out of the garage and take a pic of it now. I'm going to hate posting it as it rained yesterday and the car is dirty.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:57 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

I did all the work myself on the camera and suspension install. I pull the car out of the garage and take a pic of it now. I'm going to hate posting it as it rained yesterday and the car is dirty.
Rained yesterday means get off ye lazy bones and wash 'er down matey!! I expect a wash and pics on my screen when I finish my hack job! LOL! (j/k)

I'm going to PM you!
Old 06-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Starcraft II addict

Smile A-spec Drop pics

Here are the pics of the drop (after only) of the 6MT a-spec suspension on a 5AT:

Finger gap on rear wheel:

Finger gap on front wheel:
Old 06-03-2007, 06:19 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Look at all the mud you put on the car with your dirty hands! LOL!

Nice man! Is the A-spec hard to put on? How long did it take you to do that? Can you tell me how it feels (difference in ride) later? I want my ride quality to stay as close to stock as possible. Good work man!

Oh yeah, can anybody else that reads this and has an 07 Type-S tell me if the ride quailty with the a-spec installed on a TL, equivalent or comparable to the Type-S suspension ride quality?
Old 06-03-2007, 06:39 PM
06 TL 6spd. Navi/A-spec

The drop looks really nice, i am wanting to do the aspec drop in the future.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Starcraft II addict

A-spec suspension isn't hard to put on. Just takes some patience and the right tools. I do have some pointers on it that are not in some other threads that I've seen. Let me know when you do the install and we'll chat. The front took me 2 hours (including a 20 min phone convo break). The rears took about 4.5 hours, but that included having to run up to Sears to trade in my hydrolic jack for the SUV one due to the rear jack point being so high up. Also I ran into problems. Basically I disconnected the wrong end of the end link. Once I figured that out the rear went fast.

As for ride quality, keep in mind that I also have the CT RSB on as well. The first thing you notice is that you feel the road more with the a-spec suspension. It's not uncomfortable in any way. The ride is still very close stock with a lot less body roll, torque steer, and bounciness. The area you'll note the difference is when you hit an imperfection in the road, the sound will be a little louder and you'll feel it more in the steering wheel and a tad bit more in the seat.

I took a bunch of clover leafs last night on the way home from the bar (don't worry I was the DD). I'm in MN so they have the Pilot HXMX M4 tires on (I think that's the right model), well point being they suck. Before the suspension with the CT RSB if I hit 45 mph in a clover leaf the car would loose grip and slide. Now I can hit 55 mph with 2 other people in the car on a tight clover leaf before loosing grip. With some good tires those numbers will be significantly higher.

Kinda wish I could have done a DIY video like sandie is doing on his mods.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:36 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

A-spec suspension isn't hard to put on. Just takes some patience and the right tools. I do have some pointers on it that are not in some other threads that I've seen. Let me know when you do the install and we'll chat. The front took me 2 hours (including a 20 min phone convo break). The rears took about 4.5 hours, but that included having to run up to Sears to trade in my hydrolic jack for the SUV one due to the rear jack point being so high up. Also I ran into problems. Basically I disconnected the wrong end of the end link. Once I figured that out the rear went fast.

As for ride quality, keep in mind that I also have the CT RSB on as well. The first thing you notice is that you feel the road more with the a-spec suspension. It's not uncomfortable in any way. The ride is still very close stock with a lot less body roll, torque steer, and bounciness. The area you'll note the difference is when you hit an imperfection in the road, the sound will be a little louder and you'll feel it more in the steering wheel and a tad bit more in the seat.

I took a bunch of clover leafs last night on the way home from the bar (don't worry I was the DD). I'm in MN so they have the Pilot HXMX M4 tires on (I think that's the right model), well point being they suck. Before the suspension with the CT RSB if I hit 45 mph in a clover leaf the car would loose grip and slide. Now I can hit 55 mph with 2 other people in the car on a tight clover leaf before loosing grip. With some good tires those numbers will be significantly higher.

Kinda wish I could have done a DIY video like sandie is doing on his mods.
Yeah, take it off and video it! LOL! Just fucking wit you! I know damn well you ain't taking that off! That sounds like too much of a headache for me. I would def have to let my "mechanic" Dennis take care of that for me.

Question buddy, why go a-spec instead of Tein-SS? You a gadget man like me, wasn't that EDFC appealing at all? Price is close to the same right? (sans the edfc)
Old 06-03-2007, 11:53 PM
Starcraft II addict

I may go Tein ss in the future, but I was not sure how much of the ride I would be sacrificing. I got the a-spec suspension from kennedy for 450 shipped. That choice was a no brainer.

Xx06SickspdTlxX. I'm definitely loving it. Gives me a little bit of a drop to try it out without going overboard. Heck I'm a farm boy from po' dunk Kansas, slamming the car just doesn't come natural to me.... yet. Besides dropping the car 1.5 to 2" would make it near impossible to get up my parents lane during certain parts of the year.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:12 AM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by TLFourplay
Sweet. NBP ROCKS!!!
Jeez TLFourPlay..that is HOTTTTTTT

Quick Reply: Finally, pics of my NBP (Buda)