Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clear the headlights !
Old 05-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car looks really clean live the way it looks with the lip kit on…
Old 05-21-2012, 02:00 AM
5th Gear

clean car

and nice wheels

Last edited by Steven Bell; 08-07-2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:09 PM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by guitarplayer16
Awesome progress buddy!
Thanks!..

Originally Posted by Bankz
nice progress see you at the meet tomorrow
Thanks bro.. sucks i didnt get a chance to meet u yday.. i got there late and it was hard with all the cars mixed up.. next time we should all wear nametags hahaha... ill come out to one of the bi-weekly meets and hopefully see u there!..

Originally Posted by Kix`n`TL
keep it up!!!
I shall!..

Originally Posted by wrecked tl
clear the headlights !
That's up there on my to-do list!.. just have to do a few other things first.. its hard cus im trying to do too many things at once.. need to slow down haha

Originally Posted by YMCMB TYPE-S
Car looks really clean live the way it looks with the lip kit on…
Thanks man!.. the lip does make a really big difference.. cant wait to get the rear on!..

Originally Posted by madrilrsx-s
clean car
Originally Posted by madrilrsx-s
and nice wheels
Thank you
Old 05-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
The following users liked this post:
DarkNite (05-21-2012)
Old 06-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Advanced

Type-S rear install on base bumper!..

So after ordering the honeycomb mesh for my type-s rear aspec and waiting a week... this thing shows up:

wtff!... wrong part lol fml... took it bak to my local acura to order the correct part.. said they wouldnt get it until the next week...

**Decided this was a good time to do some maintenance... been pushing it for a while because its been so cold out.. i bought a bunch of DW1 ATF bottles a couple of months back.. but after reading numerous threads on az abt how crappy the fluid was i debated putting it in my car.. but then i decided since ive already got it, might aswell flush it through my system before i introduce another fluid.. good thing i did!.. the trans fluid was nasty i dnt think the previous owner ever changed it.. here are some pics:

Gettting err up for work:

Monster truck status lol:

ATF DW1 - 2X3 drain and refill... Will be introducing some Type-F fluid over the next couple of months...

Car was extremely dirty underneath bc i just got it rustprooofed recently and that oil is still dripping off of it after like a month lol...

Original fluid was Black!... good thing i changed it.. got pretty close to 3L out each time.. this went a lot smoother than any other time i work on my car lol:

Since the car was up, i thought i might aswell drain some rad fluid...

This was a disaster!... when i loosened the drain bolt the coolant started spraying in every single direction lol... i decided to let the drain plug just drop, thinking it would fall into the pan... nope...after it stopped dripping i look in and theres nothing in there... took me like half an hr trying to find that stupid bolt... it was hidden in a plastic shield somewhere under the engine lol..

**So then the correct mesh finally comes in.. and the rear Aspec install begins!...

Someone tell my why the things that seem to be the easiest give me the biggest trouble lol... getting that fkn honeycomb piece to stick to the lip was a PITA!... i tried quick epoxy.. my friends would pick up the lip a little while later and it would start coming off again...

**Note to self... don't start working on ur car in the evening after work when its getting dark out and ur having some beers with a few friends.. u have no patience for anything lol...decided to leave it for the night and tackle it in the morning...

The honeycomb mesh finally stayed on with some Gorilla tape... not sure how long that will last tho lol... oh well, it worked for now if it falls off ill deal with it later.

My new fav tool:

I thought cutting the bumper would be the hardest part lol... turned out to be the easiest.. and i had fun doing it too

Taking the rear bumper off was a mission!.. the heads on the top screws in the wheel wells were so rusted they were basically stripped after i tried turning them a couple times... ended up having to dremel thru them lol... worked like a charm

Bumper off:

Attaching lip to bumper... fairly easy just drilling a couple of holes:

and finalllyyy... DONE!...

Thank you to whoever created Zipties.. i would never be able to get my car back together if it wasnt for these things lol

My stock tips are pushed way in so i decided to put some duct tape on the lip to stop it from melting when i drive (i doubt it will really help but gives me some piece of mind before i decide on what tips i want lol)...

**Thanks GP for giving me the idea to dremel my armrest for my ipod wire lol... came out great!.. Im currently thinking of what else i can dremel or plastidip on my car... those things are addictive to use hahaha...

**So i ordered some magnaflow mufflers/tips after seeing a few ppl running them here.. 3.5" tips look awesome!...

...only problem is everyone ive asked to install locally is asking like $500 ontop of what ive already paid for mufflers to do a whole catback... i think thats way too much considering i wont be gaining much performance... and the xlr8/atlp quads look&sound amazinG!... xlr8s having a sale on their quads, im thinking of returning the magnaflow and jumping on that... decisionss lol

Any input is greatly appreciated... thanks
Old 06-06-2012, 10:35 PM
Race Director

Received 3,824 Likes on 2,847 Posts
Once again, nice progress! Glad to see you're doing maintenance on it too and not just modding the hell out of it!

In for pics one you get those quads on
Old 06-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Awesome update!

Glad everything is working out =)

About the exhaust, it's all down to what you're looking for.

pnoyrice's TL has a custom magnaflow exhaust setup and I love the sound.
It sounds deep and has an amazing rumble, especially when we were driving under areas of Garndiner Expressway.

The XLR8/RV6/ATLP exhausts definitely have a more "exotic" and much louder sound, if that's what you're looking for.

I love how subtle but deep sounding pnoyrice's TL is, but he DID spend a lot for it (we get ripped off like crazy up here), when he could have gotten a used ATLP exhaust.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Undying Dreams
Once again, nice progress! Glad to see you're doing maintenance on it too and not just modding the hell out of it!

In for pics one you get those quads on
thanks UD!.. Yea i think once u get into the modding mode thats all thats on ur mind.. sometimes u gotta take a step bak and put it all into perspective!.. exhaust will most likely be my last "major" mod of this year lol

Originally Posted by guitarplayer16
Awesome update!

Glad everything is working out =)

About the exhaust, it's all down to what you're looking for.

pnoyrice's TL has a custom magnaflow exhaust setup and I love the sound.
It sounds deep and has an amazing rumble, especially when we were driving under areas of Garndiner Expressway.

The XLR8/RV6/ATLP exhausts definitely have a more "exotic" and much louder sound, if that's what you're looking for.

I love how subtle but deep sounding pnoyrice's TL is, but he DID spend a lot for it (we get ripped off like crazy up here), when he could have gotten a used ATLP exhaust.
Thanks for the insight man!.. Yea ive heard the magnaflows sound really good.. and i remember how the tips looked when i saw pnoyrice's car at speedstar.. sexy!.. and they really stood out...

ive been researching alot and i have a feeling if i get the magnaflows and im not 100% satisfied i might wanna change it later so i might aswell think of my long-term goals.. plus itll be easier to sell a bolt-on catback down the road if i ever need to rather than the custom setup.. i hate being so indecisive

Its hard to judge which one to go with based on youtube videos but Ive heard the xlr8 in person and it sounds fking amazing!..

The atlp v2 quads look sick but seems like everyone has them on az and im sure they sound awesome too but theyre a little more pricey than xlr8..

Richie's true duals will def make some good power but its going to still take a little while to come out and theyre outta my budget now lol.

So im leaning towards the xlr8 resonated v2... it looks&sounds great.. and im afraid of drone cus its an auto, plus itll set me up if i decide to delete any of the cats in the future.. oh ya, and its on sale right now!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Redwood Original

Received 188 Likes on 172 Posts
nice new mods man, look great. if you are thinking of getting quads make sure you want louder. I have the xlr8 with res. and its def. loud. sounds good though, very exotic
Old 06-07-2012, 07:42 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by RU_JELLY
nice new mods man, look great. if you are thinking of getting quads make sure you want louder. I have the xlr8 with res. and its def. loud. sounds good though, very exotic
Thanks bro.. Yea I've been searching around on az for ppl who have the xlr8.. Particularly on a nbp (ran into yours, sharksreaths and mrlal progress threads).. Only hearing good things abt it.. And ya I'm looking for a loud aggressive sound with quads.. I'm excited to get it noww!..
Old 06-07-2012, 08:55 PM

Received 9,528 Likes on 6,183 Posts
Wow, how did I miss this thread?

AWESOME progress so far. I'm usually not a fan of the blacked-out theme but you've done it nicely
Old 06-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Good work DN! You've been busy!
Old 06-07-2012, 10:00 PM
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
NICE!!...one question...

how low are u on the basis in those pictures?..

is that the lowest perch?..or u can go down a few more threads on the coilovers?..
Old 06-08-2012, 12:56 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice work bro!!
Old 06-08-2012, 09:52 AM
FRESHINNOVATION NBP TL-S

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
looks great. i have the xlr8 quads resonated and i love them.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:10 AM
2014 Jeep SRT

Received 1,615 Likes on 1,030 Posts
Where'd you order the Magnaflow goodies from? Will dual 3.5" tips on each side fit that rear A-Spec bumper?
Old 06-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Wow, how did I miss this thread?

AWESOME progress so far. I'm usually not a fan of the blacked-out theme but you've done it nicely
Thanks man!.. i never planned on doing the murdered-out theme... used to think it was tacky cus of the way ppl used to do it (tinting all their lights).. but I found someone selling these rims for a good price and jumped on em, the rest just fell into place

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Good work DN! You've been busy!
I have and thanks for the updates steven!..

Originally Posted by anionrings
NICE!!...one question...

how low are u on the basis in those pictures?..

is that the lowest perch?..or u can go down a few more threads on the coilovers?..
Im not sure on numbers but i know I can go lower than in those pics.. i raised my car for the winter and havent lowered it again.. im pretty sure theres another 3/4" left on the threads.

Originally Posted by Commandercool206
Nice work bro!!
Thanks!..

Originally Posted by Biggi_e
looks great. i have the xlr8 quads resonated and i love them.
Yea man i saw ur pics in the exhaust tips thread.. def helped me in choosing the xlr8

Originally Posted by ebelp
Where'd you order the Magnaflow goodies from? Will dual 3.5" tips on each side fit that rear A-Spec bumper?
Ordered them from hottexhaust.com, but ended up returning them.. And ya its a type-S rear i think theres more then 8" of room in the openings.. i know some ppl have fit 4" tips in each side too

****Guess who showed up at my door today

...but first im going to need to get these rusties off my jpipe lol...
Old 06-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Team Owner

Sweet-get them babies on!
Old 06-14-2012, 09:18 AM
Advanced

Yea I'm going to attempt it on jack stands this weekend.. Got the 3 nuts off the cat last night.. they were so rusted and a pita!.. Mr dremel came to the rescue for one of them and luckily I didn't mess up the threads on the stud
Old 06-24-2012, 09:46 PM
Advanced

So i got around to getting my exhaust installed... my buddy helped me out and let me use his hoist (def saved me some time as i was planning on doing it on my back lol)...

First impressions... i LOVE this exhaust!.. sound is great... looks awesome.. and can def feel a power gain

here are some pics:

Old 06-25-2012, 07:07 AM
HE>i

Received 253 Likes on 221 Posts
Nice progress
Old 06-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Team Owner

Damnnnnnn.......that exhaust looks fantastic! Now, big pressure to keep those tips clean.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 05_NBP_TL
Nice progress
Thanks bro

Damnnnnnn.......that exhaust looks fantastic! Now, big pressure to keep those tips clean.
I knw, I'll try my best!.. I really gotta step up my cleaning game overall fr the whole car.. Got tons of swirls and scratches She's long overdue for an exterior detail.. Hoping to get a pc soon and make that paint look fresh again
Old 06-27-2012, 08:21 AM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Love the progress, but still not in love with the wheels. They don't offer enough contrast, unless you were "murdering" it out. Maybe if they were a different color. but still a good looking car.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:36 AM
Chapter Leader (Mid-Atlantic Region)

Received 269 Likes on 225 Posts
nice ass
Old 06-27-2012, 09:09 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by JDiMage
Love the progress, but still not in love with the wheels. They don't offer enough contrast, unless you were "murdering" it out. Maybe if they were a different color. but still a good looking car.
To be honest, im not really in love with them either... especially since theyre matte black on a nbp they look kind of dull.. although they look better after i got spacers they arent exactly what i want (wasnt goin with the murder out in mind)... ive been debating whether or not i wanna powdercoat them or just get new rims

Originally Posted by TWiSDiT
nice ass
Thank you!.. i actually just cleanedd that ass finally went thru with debadging it lol... i dno why i didnt do it sooner looks a lot better now not too much going on in the bakk:

**So its been almost exactly a year since ive owned my TL... wow time flys.. cant believe how much i did in the past year lol..

Heres a little Progress Update of where im at now:

Current Progress:
Jun11 – Bought TL (113,000km)
Jul11 – INJEN Cold Air Intake
Aug11 – TEIN Street Basis Coilovers
Aug11 – Window Tint [35%F, 20%R]
Sep11 – INGALLS Rear Camber Kit
Oct11 – JL AUDIO 3x10” Subwoofers
Oct11 – JL AUDIO 250/1 Amplifier
Oct11 – USA SPEC iPod Integration
Nov11 – HERCULES Avalanche Xtreme: 235/45/17
Feb12 – eBay Roof Spoiler
Feb12 – eBay Aluminum Racing Pedals
Mar12 - WORK Emotion 11R: 18x8.5 +38
Mar12 - FALKEN ZIEX ZE912: 225/40/18
Mar12 - BLOX Aluminum Tuner Lugs
Apr12 - KROWN Rustproofing
Apr12 - ATLP V1 Jpipe with HF 3rd Cat
Apr12 - DYNOMAX Resonator and Midmuffler Delete (Stage 3)
May12 - PLASTIDIP Front Grille
May12 - AKATA Spacers - F:15mm, R:20mm
May12 - ASPEC kit with Type-S Rear
Jun12 - MAGNAFLOW Mufflers and Quad 3.5" Tips
Jun12 - Returned magnaflows and took off jpipe/stg3 exhaust
Jun12 - XLR8 V2 Resonated Quads
(Currently at 130,000km)

On my radar for this season:
- Exterior Detail
- Accord Fogs with Type-S Grilles
- Drilled & Slotted Rotors
- Remove Body Side Moldings? (Cant decide whether or not i should take them off.. they are pretty scratched up meaning theyve saved my doors a bunch of times.. but it looks so clean without them..hmmM)

Wishlist:
- J-pipe eliminating 3rd cat
- New rims or powdercoat current ones
- Smoked Sidemarkers
- LED Conversion
- Blacked Out Headlights
- Different Taillights
- RSB
- Weathertech Mats
- Window Visors
Old 06-27-2012, 11:03 PM
Team Owner

Wow, well put-together list!
Old 06-28-2012, 12:10 AM
Driver Mod

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Old 06-28-2012, 08:47 AM
FRESHINNOVATION NBP TL-S

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
man i just sold my xlr8 quads last week...kind of regretting it but oh well. how do you like yours? car is coming along great!
Old 06-28-2012, 09:06 AM
Pro

Received 102 Likes on 91 Posts
Loving the ass of your ride! Make sure you keep those tips clean or GP16 will drive to your house and you HAHA!!
Old 07-19-2012, 12:44 AM
Intermediate

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
hows the fitment on the type s rear?
Old 07-23-2012, 07:36 PM
Advanced

Wow, well put-together list!
Thanks!.. I haven't had a chance to update lately.. Slowly collecting parts for my new projects tho!..

Originally Posted by 2Morrow

Originally Posted by Biggi_e
man i just sold my xlr8 quads last week...kind of regretting it but oh well. how do you like yours? car is coming along great!
Thanks man!.. Why'd u sell them??.. Im loving it.. Looks and sounds amazingg!..

Originally Posted by M.I.N.O.
Loving the ass of your ride! Make sure you keep those tips clean or GP16 will drive to your house and you HAHA!!
Haha thankss yea Ill stock up on some bar keepers to keep emm nice and cleann

Originally Posted by shoxy131
hows the fitment on the type s rear?
Fitments great!.. I've had people ask me if I got a type-s rear bumper but explained that I modded the stock one, lots of compliments!.. If ur considering it id say do it, I think it looks better than the base grey plastic aspec and creates room for larger tips!..
Old 07-23-2012, 09:35 PM
Advanced

Since i last posted here are a few things ive done.. my apologies for the blurry pics, theyre all from my iphone:

Removed the BSMs... i like how it looks now.. makes the car look smooth from a side profile, helps the lines on the car flow better imo:

before:

after:

My headlights were a little hazy and i found the Meguiars Headlight Restoration Kit on sale, decided to try it out... great results!.. i was surprised on the difference it made:

before:

after:

Finally got around to getting new 3rd and 4th Gear Pressure Switches.. Install was easier than i thought... some good DIY's on here.. what a difference these small things make on shifting... from everyones comments on az i thought the benefits were too good to be true lol but it honestly the shifts feel a lot faster now.. downshifting especially used to lag on my car and now it changes a lot quicker.. really happy i did this

old switches:

new ones:

I also did a 1x3 with some amsoil fluid, that must have also helped improve the shifting:

I also needed to change my brakes, decided to go with Brakemotive Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/ Ceramic Pads The install was pretty straight forward except for one of the rear rotor screws lol... had to heat it up and beat it down with a hammer but it eventually came out!..These look really good and perform well as well.. i'd recommend them for the low price the vendor has them on here

Old 07-26-2012, 07:49 PM
8th Gear

Old 08-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 140 Posts
When installing the subs with the stock head unit, does it perform well? Or will it perform better with an aftermarket head unit? I have a navigation..
Old 08-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
nice progress!!....really detailed!.. When I first saw your car I was like ehh...I thought the wheels would have looked better on a civic, but with the spacers...man what a difference!...good job man on the car all around!!
Old 08-07-2012, 09:20 AM
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 371 Posts
Good Progress.........come down alittle lower to really set it off..........
Old 08-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by shift_

Originally Posted by bouncer07
When installing the subs with the stock head unit, does it perform well? Or will it perform better with an aftermarket head unit? I have a navigation..
The subs sound really good with the stock head unit... the good thing is that the stock deck has a separate control for the sub in the equalizer.. you can just tap into the stock sub to allow it to control the new subwoofers and ur good to go.. especially since u already have navi, u dont need to go aftermarket bc the stock head unit already looks nice and clean imo.. however id assume a good aftermarket unit could perform better since u have more customization abilities in the equalizer settings... but personally i think the stock unit performs really well

Originally Posted by Papayon
nice progress!!....really detailed!.. When I first saw your car I was like ehh...I thought the wheels would have looked better on a civic, but with the spacers...man what a difference!...good job man on the car all around!!
Thanks, appreciate the comments!.. and i agree, the spacers do really make a huge difference!..

Originally Posted by Italiano
Good Progress.........come down alittle lower to really set it off..........
Thanks man, ive actually been thinking abt lowering it... im still experimenting to get the proper fitment with these wheels.. after the spacers i think i may have to roll the fenders if i want to go any lower tho
Old 08-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Team Owner

Good looking wheels and rotors.
The following users liked this post:
DarkNite (08-08-2012)

Quick Reply: DarkNite's NBP Progress Updated 9/3/12