Candy Blue Calipers

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wasupdog
can we get more pics with the iforged monaco's? those things are hooooooooooooot.
Here you go

Old 05-08-2007, 02:12 AM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by sunnyflava99
I took a risk on the blue calipers. I wanted something similar to my blue L.E.D interior.
I've also been thinking of how to do this. Red has been overdone. (911 wannabe, even though it looks good) Doing a whole theme on it would make the car look sort of cheap/Civic like. Black or Silver are so boring you might as well spare the effort. I have a blue theme going with all these LEDs so I too thought of taking the chance and going different with the blue.

I researched and set my mind on the G2 paint system but then scored a good sale on the comparable and cheaper Duplicolor system. I bought it 6 months ago and it has been sitting here because I've been hesitant if it is the right shade of blue. The problem I faced is that Caliper paint comes in every shade of blue depending on the company. Anywhere from baby blue to deep navy blue. The color and look I was really looking for all along is that EXACT color you have there. (Now I am kicking myself I didn't get the blue AEM CAI) What brand did you use to achieve that nice candy? After seeing your pics now, I can't go back. It's either the candy blue or nothing!
Old 05-08-2007, 08:33 AM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 130 Posts
I think with that color car they look nice! Different from black or red.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by rockyfeller
I've also been thinking of how to do this. Red has been overdone. (911 wannabe, even though it looks good) Doing a whole theme on it would make the car look sort of cheap/Civic like. Black or Silver are so boring you might as well spare the effort. I have a blue theme going with all these LEDs so I too thought of taking the chance and going different with the blue.

I researched and set my mind on the G2 paint system but then scored a good sale on the comparable and cheaper Duplicolor system. I bought it 6 months ago and it has been sitting here because I've been hesitant if it is the right shade of blue. The problem I faced is that Caliper paint comes in every shade of blue depending on the company. Anywhere from baby blue to deep navy blue. The color and look I was really looking for all along is that EXACT color you have there. (Now I am kicking myself I didn't get the blue AEM CAI) What brand did you use to achieve that nice candy? After seeing your pics now, I can't go back. It's either the candy blue or nothing!

I just took it to a body shop that i've used in the past and told the manager that I wanted a blue matching the interior of my car. My whole interior and my audio system has blue LEDs. I'm actually looking into buying a big brake kit, but, the only colors available are the usual red, black, dark blue... I really like the candy blue and don't want to lose it!
Old 05-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Cablevision Employee

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Car looks sick...nice modding man.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:13 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
So if a bodyshop did it, please tell me they used a high-temp paint? You know it will flake off/discolor in a couple months otherwise.

If it is a high-temp paint they must have done a custom mix just for you. I'd do it, but it doesn't sound cheap.

If you are eventually gonna do a big brake kit anyways why didn't you wait and paint those? Maybe because you thought you were going to pass your candy blue calipers to me?
Old 05-09-2007, 12:18 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by rockyfeller
So if a bodyshop did it, please tell me they used a high-temp paint? You know it will flake off/discolor in a couple months otherwise.

If it is a high-temp paint they must have done a custom mix just for you. I'd do it, but it doesn't sound cheap.

If you are eventually gonna do a big brake kit anyways why didn't you wait and paint those? Maybe because you thought you were going to pass your candy blue calipers to me?

big brake kit is on the wish list until then this will have to do...