860_TypeS 2008 NBP TL Type-S 6MT

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2020 | 12:40 AM
Instructor

860_TypeS 2008 NBP TL Type-S 6MT

Hi all,

Picked up this 08 Type-S last July from a forum member. I'm sure some guys here will recognize the car. I had been looking for a lower mileage 6MT forever and finally found one that was close enough to drive down a few states and buy. I'm making this thread a little after the fact, but I figured better late than never. Wasted very little time throwing mods on the car. Did tons of research beforehand, so I already knew what I wanted and Heeltoe's Black Friday sale was too good to pass up, thanks Marcus!

Unfortunately I didn't take pics during every install, but I'll post some of what I have. If anyone wanted specific pics or has any questions let me know! I'm just going to list off what I've done so far since buying the car. It's A LOT of stuff...

I bought the car with 110,689 miles. Previous owner already had a good amount he did to the car.
•Full Type-S A-Spec Lip Kit
•EndlessRPM V1 J-pipe & Cat-back
•Carbon Fiber Overlay Interior Trim
•Fastline Performance SS Clutch Line
•Modded Headlights by JnC
•Tein Street Advance Coilovers
•Painted Calipers
•Stoptech Front Brakes
•SPC Rear Camber Arms
•AEM V2 CAI
•Major 105k Service Done
Could be a few things that I forgot.

Here's what I've done since buying the car. I'll start with the maintenance stuff. All fluids have been changed out, evap purge valve replaced, PCV replaced, CAI filter cleaned, clutch fork boot replaced, tensioner/idler assembly replaced, camshaft thrust cover o-ring replaced, lubed throttle cable and set to spec, 4 new O2 sensors, and power steering pump reseal (thank you Rockstar143 for that thread). Everything OEM besides oil, oil filters, trans fluid, and brake fluid.

I had XLR8 Performance adjust the valves a month after purchase and while everything was off they put in a P2R TB spacer, IM spacer (both with thermal gaskets), and PnP runners during reassembly. I also just recently brought my LCA's down to XLR8 and they pressed in all new lower control arm bushings for me, went with PCI for the compliance bushings and OEM for the other 4. Really nice living 40min away from them.

Here's all the stuff I've done at home:
•XLR8 (Techna-Fit) SS Brake Lines
•XLR8 ETD
•Diode Dynamics LED Flasher Relay
•OEM CSC with Check Valve Delete
•OEM EM2 Civic CMC
•EndlessRPM License Plate Bracket
•VLEDs LEDs (Full Interior, Fogs, DRLs, License Plate Lights & Rear Turn Signals)
•Hybrid Racing Shifter Bushings
•Progress RSB
•Fastline Performance Endlinks
•New OEM Axles and Half Shaft
•Rear Stoptech Slotted Rotors with Akebono Pads
•RV-6 HFPC's
•ATLP V3-R J-Pipe
•XLR8 Res Cat-Back
•Raceseng Slammer Shift Knob
•HONDATA FlashPro (Tuned by DomGSR-T)
•PnP IM by Gerzy Bear Performance
•Bored TB by Maxbore
•Also painted the IM and Top Plate Recently

Very possible I forgot something, but that's what I have written down in my book. Wish I started this thread earlier... but here it is. Still have more planned so I will update this periodically as more progress is made. The vast majority of this work was done last month (COVID-19 free time, every other week off).

I want to really REALLY thank sockr1 for helping me so much, you're the man Dave. Also thank you to DomGSR-T (HONDATA Tuning), Marcus at Heeltoe, Andy at Gerzy Bear Performance, Craig at XLR8 and George at Maxbore... they were all amazing to deal with and I cannot recommend all of these guys enough.

Here's a few pics, my phone camera sucks but I just detailed the car and am trying to link up with a buddy this week to snap some real quality pictures. Definitely far from perfect, but for 12 years and 123k miles it's not bad!

Bath Time

Clean NBP in the sun with the blue flake, gotta love it

Painted Manifold and Top Plate

Bored TB

Pre Raceseng Slammer Pic

The following 4 users liked this post by 860_TypeS:
ACCURATEin (05-26-2020), Curious3GTL (04-13-2021), Ryan L21 (05-07-2020), sockr1 (05-06-2020)
Old 05-05-2020 | 06:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Nice works, what part of CT are you from? I used to live in the Canton area, hopefully Lemont won't tax you to death lol.

as far as Dave and his white turd, he just gonna make you spend money. I will get him soon enough lol
The following users liked this post:
sockr1 (05-06-2020)
Old 05-06-2020 | 10:13 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by truonghthe
Nice works, what part of CT are you from? I used to live in the Canton area, hopefully Lemont won't tax you to death lol.

as far as Dave and his white turd, he just gonna make you spend money. I will get him soon enough lol
I'm in southeast CT. And he always makes me spend money, but he also always suggests quality parts.. So I can't complain haha.
Old 05-06-2020 | 11:18 AM
Safety Car

YES you finally made a thread!! now we can bug each other through AZ, gmail, and text haha.

hey now, you both love when i make you spend money, if i'm not spending money someone has to!!
Acura TL Builder (06-23-2020)
Old 05-24-2020 | 08:36 PM

Congratulations! Great looking TL
Old 05-25-2020 | 10:18 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Congratulations! Great looking TL
Thanks dude, spent lots of time in my garage with this car in the past 2 months and couldn't be happier with the outcome so far
Old 05-25-2020 | 10:57 PM
Instructor

Did a few things in the past 2 weeks. Innovative 75A front and side motor mounts, OEM rear motor mount and OEM transmission mounts. SPC rear toe arms (OEM eccentric bolt was frozen in the bushing). VLEDs switchback side markers, iJDMTOY DRL harness to make the LED DRLs work correctly, oil change, 4 wheel alignment, and some EndlessRPM door sill vinyls.

Come to find out my motor and transmission mounts really weren't in bad shape. But the performance difference with the innovative front and side mounts is very noticeable and the vibrations at idle aren't bad at all in my opinion (6mt).

Here's some pics

LED DRLs

DRL Harness

Old trans mounts

Old OEM rear toe arms

New SPC toe arms

75A front motor mount

Had to modify OEM ground strap for Innovative side motor mount

Pic with new side markers

Carbon fiber look door sill vinyls

Old 05-25-2020 | 11:01 PM
Instructor

Also, here's a newer pic of the smoke translucent color Raceseng Slammer knob
Old 05-26-2020 | 08:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Nice work, I seen that you been hanging out with Dave lmao.
sockr1 (05-26-2020)
Old 05-26-2020 | 09:19 AM
Instructor

Is it that obvious?! Haha, I certainly have been and his recommendations haven't let me down yet!
Old 05-26-2020 | 11:04 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 860_TypeS
Is it that obvious?! Haha, I certainly have been and his recommendations haven't let me down yet!
hey now, you guys are 2 of the 3 people i talk to the most. where's @numairh ?
yes i've "convinced" you guys to spend lots of money on your TL...but you don't hate it either!
Old 05-26-2020 | 11:19 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by sockr1
hey now, you guys are 2 of the 3 people i talk to the most. where's @numairh ?
yes i've "convinced" you guys to spend lots of money on your TL...but you don't hate it either!

well hang around him long enough he gonna convince both of us to buy the new TLX Type S.
sockr1 (05-26-2020)
Old 05-26-2020 | 05:21 PM
tehLEGOman

Looks glorious.
Old 06-21-2020 | 08:25 PM
Instructor

Some more things I've done recently. Re-padded the center console with some .5" high density foam, it feels so much better now. Finally installed the CT Engineering short shifter along with some Acuity shifter base bushings. While everything was apart I replaced the heated seat light bulbs because a few were out. Tried VLEDs T3 bulbs, but they wouldn't fit in securely, so I had to go OEM. Also put in a new Denso cabin air filter.

Old 06-23-2020 | 03:05 PM
rangerrn

Does the hands free link function on it?
Old 06-23-2020 | 03:38 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
Looks glorious.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by 521ranger
Does the hands free link function on it?
It does not. The previous owner removed the HFL after it drained the battery. Doesn't bother me that it's not in there. However, I'm am looking to eventually scoop up this product:

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-AyXQQN...-BT45-ACU.html
Old 06-23-2020 | 06:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Thank you!

It does not. The previous owner removed the HFL after it drained the battery. Doesn't bother me that it's not in there. However, I'm am looking to eventually scoop up this product:

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-AyXQQN...-BT45-ACU.html

I got that and functional HFL lol
Old 07-16-2020 | 06:48 AM
Instructor

Just got on some new front brakes last week. Went with Stoptech slotted rotors and Akebono ASP 1001 pads. Bled the brakes too with Castrol DOT 4 and they feel great so far. Of course it wasn't just a simple bolt off bolt on. One of the caliper bolts was cross threaded and one rotor set screw would not budge, even with an impact screwdriver. So I ended up having to buy a tap and die set and re-tap the caliper. For the screw I had to drill the head off.

Also bought a set of the new Innovative transmission mounts (75A) and installed those. Besides being kinda a pain to install I think they made the car feel even better. For anyone who reads this and attempts the install, I was not able to get the top mount to line up without loosening the front and side engine mounts, the lower trans mounts, and the bracket on the top of the transmission that the mount bolts into. And it was still hard, I would probably loosen the rear engine mount too. After install the car finally shifts smooth and I feel less engine/transmission movement. It did seem like they had a break in period, the first 2 days they felt awful but now I hardly even notice any more harshness than OEM. Forgot to take pics of the mounts installed on the car, but they go in just like the OEM ones do.

Old 10-05-2020 | 02:23 PM
Instructor

Dropped my car off to the guys at Excelerate Performance last week. They installed the XLR8 "daily" clutch kit along with a new rear main seal, Spoon subframe collars, did an alignment after dropping the subframe, and a leakdown test so I could see how the motor is holding up after 131k miles. As always, they did top notch work and the new clutch feels SO much better. I'm still in the break-in period but I think it was worth the hefty price tag. I have the results picture of the leakdown test somewhere, but the tech concluded the motor is in good health, which is great news.

I have a few more things planned before it gets too cold here to do car work! Will update with pics soon.
Old 04-04-2021 | 07:20 PM
Instructor

Didn't do much all winter, but it's finally starting to warm up here. Had a strange squeak on cold starts, usually on wet and cold days. Ended up getting the bolts from Acura and did TSB 10-035 for the AC compressor bolts and threw on a new Bando belt.. appears to have fixed the issue, haven't heard it since.

Installed a BT45-ACU so I finally have Bluetooth music, still need to run the microphone wire from the trunk for phone calls.

Big mod first thing this spring... New wheels and tires. Went with the VMR V810's in hyper silver (18x8.5 +35) and Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus tires (235/40R18). Had Excelerate Performance mount and roadforce balance them, then had a friend ceramic coat them for me. Also got some black Muteki spline drive lug nuts for the new wheels, I like the subtle look and that they're made of steel.

I'm keeping the stock waffles with Blizzak's on them for winter season wheels. So far the new wheels have been awesome. Went back and forth between a few different rims, but after talking with Sockr1 and reading what other people have said about VMR, I was set on them. I got them on a sweet black friday 25% off sale too. Really like the contrast of silver wheels with black paint, totally changed the look of the car.

Yes I know it needs to be cleaned, waiting on a warm weekend to do a big spring detail inside and out. But here's a couple pics. I'll post more once she's all cleaned up.

Have a few more things planned for the car once we finally have steady warm weather.

sockr1 (04-04-2021)
Old 04-04-2021 | 09:18 PM
Safety Car

Looks great man!! Glad I didn’t steer you wrong haha. Now let’s get that rv6 exhaust...
Old 04-04-2021 | 09:21 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

What color and brand name of caliper paint is that?
Old 04-04-2021 | 09:55 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
What color and brand name of caliper paint is that?
VHT burnt copper (SP402). Was actually debating changing up the caliper color this year but put the new wheels on and it looked so good I'm just gonna refresh them.
Old 04-05-2021 | 06:17 AM
Suzuka Master

VHT and VMR wheel? @sockr1 is this your darker side? lmao.

Looking good, when are you gonna upgrade that dinky oem steering wheel?
Old 04-05-2021 | 06:46 AM
Instructor

VHT and VMR wheel? @sockr1 is this your darker side? lmao.

Looking good, when are you gonna upgrade that dinky oem steering wheel?
We definitely joke I copy his every mod. But hey, car looks even better than I thought with the wheels so I'm happy.

Just was actually looking around at steering wheels and talking to Dave about it literally last week. Open to suggestions. Don't love the Dallas Custom Wheel look, but I think it would hold up the best in the long run.. was leaning towards a Gerzy Bear wheel, but idk how it will hold up over the years. No plans to sell this car. I like flat bottoms and wanted some carbon fiber to match the rest of the interior.
Old 04-05-2021 | 08:46 AM
Suzuka Master

We definitely joke I copy his every mod. But hey, car looks even better than I thought with the wheels so I'm happy.

Just was actually looking around at steering wheels and talking to Dave about it literally last week. Open to suggestions. Don't love the Dallas Custom Wheel look, but I think it would hold up the best in the long run.. was leaning towards a Gerzy Bear wheel, but idk how it will hold up over the years. No plans to sell this car. I like flat bottoms and wanted some carbon fiber to match the rest of the interior.

If am not mistaken you are the one asking Dave about those CF wheel, I am not loosing sleep over it in term of longevity. If it worn in coupled of year I just send it to a local shop and get new leather. I am awaiting to get mine in the mail.
Old 04-05-2021 | 11:27 AM
Instructor

If am not mistaken you are the one asking Dave about those CF wheel, I am not loosing sleep over it in term of longevity. If it worn in coupled of year I just send it to a local shop and get new leather. I am awaiting to get mine in the mail.
I'll PM you, curious about how yours will look and feel when it shows up. I noticed the ebay ones look a little different then the Gerzy/EndlessRPM ones.. but very similar look, cheaper, and no core charge. I like the look of the Gerzy Bear wheel better but idk if it's really worth the extra cost.

ebay

Gerzy Bear
Old 04-05-2021 | 02:07 PM
Suzuka Master

I am not expecting it to hold up past a year (oh well I don't drive mine most of the time anyway) But the Endless one I saw it wear regularly at the 8-9 oclock position and some owner I talk to they daily it for less than 2 years. I get what I paid for, if the leather fail I am gonna send it out for some napa premium leather wrap and custom stitching. All of these wheel came from China anyway.
Old 04-08-2021 | 05:54 PM
Safety Car

Good work man! 👍
Old 11-21-2021 | 08:36 AM
Instructor

Haven't updated the thread in a while. Here's what I've done since last posting:

Put on a new AEM air filter and prefilter. Old one had a little damage from the old fog lights. Refreshed the burnt copper caliper paint. Then put on some new Brembo decals and sprayed high temp clear over them. Not perfect but they look way better than before.

Went and had the tints redone with Xpel Prime XR: 70% windshield, 5% sun strip, 35% side windows, and 20% rear. Really makes a big difference on hot sunny days compared to the old tint. I replaced both mirrors and the actuators so they no longer spaz out in reverse. Also fixed the issue of my seat memory not wanting to work most of the time. And no more brown spots on the mirror glass.

Had an issue with the parking brake handle feeling very loose. Went to inspect and the driver side must have been stuck on because there was no pad material left on the shoes. So I ordered up a Centric parts kit and shoes and redid those. Was easier than I first thought, some YouTube videos definitely helped.

Installed some Clazzio "Type-S Replica" seat covers. Really debated these. I wanted to have the leather redone but the prices where so high and the wait was months. They aren't perfect, but for seat covers I was really impressed and they still look so much better than the original leather did. I tried to save the seat leather when I got the car, but it was too late. Overall I would go this route again to save a lot of money and the extra ½" of foam on the covers feels great. The install was very easy, I pulled all the seats out which gave me an opportunity to clean under them. Also was the perfect time to run the microphone wire for the BT45-ACU from the steering column to the trunk. I finally have Bluetooth calls, it's not the best quality, but it works. Might end up trying a higher quality microphone and see if that changes anything.

As much as I didn't want to do the install again, I got new front and rear engine mounts. Brockway Engineering M100 engine mounts from Euro-R_Spec_TSX. The front was fast and easy, the rear was a pain, same as last time. I think they helped balance it out better vs having an Innovative 75A in front and an OEM rear mount. Definitely a high quality product and Eric was great to deal with. Would buy again.

And last but not least, the Artwork Body Shop splitter kit. I went with the least aggressive front lip and did not get their rear diffuser, I like my eBay one better. I got the kit in gloss black. It's pricey but the quality is top notch. I was surprised with how easy it was to install and how well everything lined up and went together. It is time consuming if you want to get it perfect and I wouldn't even try without a second set of hands. Takes time measuring, marking out, and then drilling the holes. 100% would recommend this to anyone thinking about buying it. Adds that little bit of extra flair to the a-spec kit.

Mixed in with all that stuff was plenty of preventative maintenance. Couple oil changes, brake fluid flush, power steering fluid flush, and a coolant flush. Reasealed the oil filter housing. Also just put in a new Diehard Platinum AGM battering with new positive and negative battery cables. And a new trans ground cable to replace the spaghetti mess mine was. Definitely some other little OEM bits were replaced, but nothing big. Probably forgot a thing or two. Replaced the APP sensor to try to get rid of the low RPM jerkiness but it didn't help. Searched for a rusted out ground cable or any vacuum leaks but found nothing. I'm not sure if it's a Hondata issue or just how the car is now. Can't remember if it was so obvious before all the mods, I'll have to take the tune off and see how it is. Any insight would be appreciated, I don't have anyone I know with a 6mt near me to try out theirs.

Car sits at 150k miles right now and is running great. That's about all I have planned for this year, the cold weather is here in New England. One more oil and trans fluid change and back to the waffles with snow tires this coming weekend. Then no more more fun stuff until Spring. Definitely have a few boxes waiting in my room for next year's warm weather.

Here's a few pics, need to update more regularly so no more monster posts.

Artwork Body Shop kit installed

Side splitter and rear spat

Front splitter

Clazzio front covers

Clazzio rear covers

Coolant flush

Ground cable before

New transmission ground cable

After wrapped in electrical tape

Brockway M100 front engine mount

Bluetooth mic

Front brakes after clear coat

Seats out

New parking brake

Oil filter housing

Oil filter housing

Installing new actuators and mirrors

Last edited by 860_TypeS; 11-21-2021 at 08:40 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by 860_TypeS:
CLtotheTL32 (11-24-2021), Pair of TLs (11-24-2021), rockstar143 (10-11-2022), sockr1 (11-21-2021)
Old 11-21-2021 | 09:59 AM
Safety Car

Solid updates! Love the balance between maintenance and upgrades!
Old 11-24-2021 | 10:17 AM
Intermediate

Great update and cool/ useful to see your progress detailed. This is a well-cared for Type-S. Here's a pic from when I saw it in person at Hondafest:

Old 11-24-2021 | 10:19 AM

Damn, what a great looking car. Well done!
Old 06-16-2022 | 12:00 AM
Instructor

Odometer just passed 160k, car is still running great. Been a busy spring/early summer with car work.

Did an oil change and cabin air filter (Bosch HEPA) to start things off. I swapped out the CT Engineering short shifter for a Hybrid Racing short shifter. It definitely feels better, but honestly I don't really think it's worth that much extra money. I kept it low enough to be able to still use the stock shift boot, although I think it felt better to shift when it was set higher. But I didn't like the no boot look. I also added a Raceseng collar on the boot and swapped out the Slammer knob for the Ashiko knob. It's a little heavier and I put a small chip in the old knob that bothered me.

Installed black sidemarkers I got on eBay that have a more modern look and smoked mirror lights from USR. I like how both blend in with the black paint and the mirror lights are also sequential. Put a ProClip cell phone mount in too that is very nice. Almost forgot I also replaced all the lights around the Nav unit after 2 went out and fixed the broken cup holder cover with the eBay one guys are using.

Did a front end refresh. Both upper control arms and inner/outer tie rods. Replaced the dust boots and all the hardware, 14 years of wear and northern winters. None of the parts were very badly worn surprisingly, probably could have waited to do it at 200k miles which was the original plan, but I had the parts sitting so I put them on before the alignment.

The best for last. Before winter I purchased a clutch kit from Euro-R_Spec_TSX. Custom AASCO flywheel, custom clutch disk, and an Exedy pressure plate for a J37. He goes into detail about it in his clutch thread. Prior to install I also put in a P2R braided stainless steel clutch line and new Castrol DOT4 clutch fluid. Never liked how the hard line sat after I installed the EM2 CMC but I don't think it was actually causing any issues at all.

Brought the car up to Steve at Mai Mechanic in Massachusetts last week and he put the clutch in for me. He is by far the best mechanic I have found around me (wasn't exactly close, 2hrs one way) and has a vast knowledge of Hondas/Acuras. He is worth the time and gas, only guy I'll trust with my car from now on.

Anyways he did the clutch, lower ball joints, front sway bar bushings, and adjusted my e-brake back to factory specs. With the clutch that also included new flywheel and pressure plate bolts, throw out bearing, pilot bearing, pivot stud, and the rear engine plate that has the rear main seal and other o-ring... All OEM parts and he resealed that rear plate with Hondabond. The e-brake seems to somehow keep coming lose over time when I would adjust it so I figured I'd let the pro have a go at it. No issues with any of the work and he took it over to his local Acura where they aligned it.

The new clutch is great so far, still in the break-in period. Should probably mention I replaced the XLR8 "daily" clutch because over time I grew to despise it. It felt great at first, but I couldn't stand it anymore. Basically everything I didn't like about it the new clutch fixed. There's more details in Euro-R's clutch thread.

All this took care of most of the pile of car parts boxes I had sitting around all winter. Not quite all of them though. Really happy with the car in its current state. Don't have too much more planned, but of course there's always something.

Really want to thank Eric (Euro-R_Spec_TSX) and Steve at Mai Mechanic. Both are great guys to work with. Eric's parts really are what they are hyped up to be and he's very helpful, can't imagine how many times I've emailed him at this point. And for people in the New England area. If you are close enough to Mai Mechanic, this is the guy you want working on your car. Cannot say enough positive things about him. I was very specific on everything I wanted done and Steve followed it to a T.

Unfortunately I didn't take many pics, it's usually not on my mind when doing car work unless I'm sending them to Sockr1. I think Steve posted some of the clutch job on Mai Mechanic's instagram. I'll post some pics I do have from some of what I listed.

New sidemarkers

P2R braided stainless steel clutch line at the clutch master cylinder

New shifter knob, shift boot collar, and cup holder cover

Raceseng collar

All new nights around Nav screen plus cup holder cover

ProClip cellphone mount

USR mirror LED lights

Hybrid Racing short shifter

Old 06-16-2022 | 06:55 AM
Suzuka Master

Looking good, looks like Dave have a great influent on how we spend more money. Don't worry I got him lately LMAO.

@sockr1 best sale man of the year.
sockr1 (06-16-2022)
Old 07-15-2022 | 01:47 AM
Cruisin'

where's the front under split and side tray from? thanks amazing job!
Old 07-15-2022 | 05:04 PM
Pro

Looks fantastic! I as well will be replacing all the nav bulbs, I have all 12 (oem like you pictured) wonder how much the dealer wants to change them? Also love those USR lights, got those about 5-6 months ago.

Any info on those side markers?
Old 08-23-2022 | 11:35 AM
Intermediate

Installed black sidemarkers I got on eBay that have a more modern look and smoked mirror lights from USR. I like how both blend in with the black paint and the mirror lights are also sequential. Put a ProClip cell phone mount in too that is very nice. Almost forgot I also replaced all the lights around the Nav unit after 2 went out and fixed the broken cup holder cover with the eBay one guys are using.
How's the cup holder cover holding out? I am on my second one (both OEM)
Old 08-23-2022 | 02:52 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Damn, what a great looking car. Well done!
Thank you!

Looking good, looks like Dave have a great influent on how we spend more money. Don't worry I got him lately LMAO.

@sockr1 best sale man of the year.
Thanks man, your twins are looking good too

Originally Posted by Diamond6SPD
where's the front under split and side tray from? thanks amazing job!
Artwork Body Shop. They fit great, really impressed with the quality.

Originally Posted by jeffstlnote
Looks fantastic! I as well will be replacing all the nav bulbs, I have all 12 (oem like you pictured) wonder how much the dealer wants to change them? Also love those USR lights, got those about 5-6 months ago.

Any info on those side markers?
Not sure on dealer price, I'm sure way too much. It's not hard to DIY, more time consuming than anything.

And I'm not positive about the sidemarkers, my girlfriend got me them for Christmas. You do need special adapters that are also on eBay for the Type-S rear sidemarkers though, I didn't know that initially. I'd just search eBay and they'll probably come up, I could dig up a link probably and PM you.

Originally Posted by subydude
How's the cup holder cover holding out? I am on my second one (both OEM)
It has held up fine but I honestly never use it.
Old 10-10-2022 | 11:10 PM
Instructor

Had one of the headlights go out with past week. Got some Osram CBB bulbs and installed them this weekend. Definitely better output than the Lucenta bulbs I pulled out from the previous owner. Not as bad of a job as I thought, bumper comes off very easily and lights are easy to take out. Adjusted the headlights too, left was a little low. Overall very happy with the bulbs, they match the VLEDs 6k LEDs very well. Also did an oil change, air filter cleaning, and tire rotation while the car was in the garage. Another month and winter tires will be back on and the mods will have to wait until Spring time. Still have some more things planned for the car next year!

Front end all apart to get the HIDs in

Putting the new bulbs in

Nice clean AEM filter

Adjusting the headlights

Quick Reply: 860_TypeS 2008 NBP TL Type-S 6MT