05 with 07 Type S front bumper + spoiler completed

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Location: Rhode Island.....Self-Proclaimed Chromed Cousin of Brettallica
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JJaber06
So does the 2007 bumper just snap on? Same mounting points and everything? Any mods needed? Someone did a hit and run on my car on friday the 13th so now my bumper and A-Spec lip is pretty much destroyed. I was thinking about getting a 2007 Base bumper + A-Spec lip but I wanna make sure everything mounts up the same.

I think it matches up 100% - PM Psheu for sure
Old 08-01-2007, 06:46 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you guys think the 04 - 06 lip will fit on the 07 bumper?
Old 08-01-2007, 09:59 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

It won't........they changed the lower grills
Old 08-02-2007, 10:50 AM
B A N N E D

can't be sure if it's going to fit or not. the 07 a-spec lip is made to cover that whole are which needs to be in line with the bumper and the grill. however, the 04 to 06 lip just covers the very bottom portion of the bumper and goes underneath the foglight / lower grill area.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Originally Posted by as2222
can't be sure if it's going to fit or not. the 07 a-spec lip is made to cover that whole are which needs to be in line with the bumper and the grill. however, the 04 to 06 lip just covers the very bottom portion of the bumper and goes underneath the foglight / lower grill area.

I don't see how an 04-06 Aspec front lip will fit on an 07 TL. Look at the angle of the front foglights/grill compared to the curve on the 04-06 lower grill

Bottom TL is an 07 base TL with Aspec lip

Top right TLS no lip

06 TL lower grill curve
Old 08-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 138 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveP66
I don't see how an 04-06 Aspec front lip will fit on an 07 TL. Look at the angle of the front foglights/grill compared to the curve on the 04-06 lower grill

Bottom TL is an 07 base TL with Aspec lip

Top right TLS no lip

06 TL lower grill curve
I agree with Steve

04-06 |
07 non type S /
07 type S \

but as far as similarity goes, the o7 non type S is the most similar to the 04-06 compare to the type S I would know cuz my 05 is wearing the 07 type S bumper + the front underspoiler

and thank you steve for pointing me to the right place for the tail lights and side markers.... now I have them on next up, the side rearview mirror
Old 08-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Burning Brakes

So that is the A-spec front lip on the '07 base shown above, and the lip that psheu put on his car is the front lip exclusive to the Type-S? I guess what I'm trying to ask is that Acura makes 2 front lips for the '07 TL, which is which?

Another question: Psheu, did you disconnect the original foglights in the headlight housing? Or do all four foglights come on when you turn the foglight dial?

BTW, the car is lookn' real good! Props for undertaking such a project by yourself! It came out really nice.

Edit: Regarding the spoilers, I just saw your previous post. That pretty much explained the what I wanted to know.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by lscld
So that is the A-spec front lip on the '07 base shown above, and the lip that psheu put on his car is the front lip exclusive to the Type-S? I guess what I'm trying to ask is that Acura makes 2 front lips for the '07 TL, which is which?

Another question: Psheu, did you disconnect the original foglights in the headlight housing? Or do all four foglights come on when you turn the foglight dial?

BTW, the car is lookn' real good! Props for undertaking such a project by yourself! It came out really nice.

Edit: Regarding the spoilers, I just saw your previous post. That pretty much explained the what I wanted to know.
LOL... thanx lscld.... all 4 fog lights comes on. they run on the same wire (i just patch the lower foglight wires to the original foglight)... as for installation, I had plenty of help from this forum (thank you everyone ) and it's the easist mod b/c everything comes already attached it's a simple pull off the old bumper and slap the new one on. and yes Acura made 2 different bumpers and 2 different lip for 07.....
Old 08-02-2007, 04:29 PM
B A N N E D

yea, i just saw that after i posted. what i'm thinking now is that the 07 base model front bumper can be fitted with the 04 to 06 front lip.

what do you guys think?
Old 08-02-2007, 04:31 PM
B A N N E D

the reason i'm saying 04 to 06 front lip is cuz the 07 base aspec lip? i think doesn't have the black sector like the 04 to 06's lips
Old 08-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by as2222
the reason i'm saying 04 to 06 front lip is cuz the 07 base aspec lip? i think doesn't have the black sector like the 04 to 06's lips
Yep, that's correct.... but i think you might have to mold, cut, dremel, the connecting edge of the front under spoiler.... ithink just on the sides.... that is a lot of work and an expansive plastic to do test on.... if you want the black unpainted portion of the spoiler, it might be easier to get the 07 and request for it to be painted like the 04-06 front spoiler.....

look on the bright side, at least you don't have to work with the type s front spoiler where the whole bumper have to come off to get it installed also the type s bumper have a little bit of the protrution under the front tip of the bumper. you might be able to see if the dealership have them in stock and try to fit it.... just to see how it'll come up before you buy it and bolt it on
Old 08-03-2007, 12:45 AM
5th Gear

do you still have the a-spec lip. I am local and I am interested...Thanks!
Old 08-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by aqurat
do you still have the a-spec lip. I am local and I am interested...Thanks!
I still do.... I read from another thread that you're a recent grad. from UF.... Go Gators
Old 08-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by psheu
LOL... thanx lscld.... all 4 fog lights comes on. they run on the same wire (i just patch the lower foglight wires to the original foglight)... as for installation, I had plenty of help from this forum (thank you everyone ) and it's the easist mod b/c everything comes already attached it's a simple pull off the old bumper and slap the new one on. and yes Acura made 2 different bumpers and 2 different lip for 07.....
Oh, ok.
Thank's for clearing that up for me!
Old 08-03-2007, 04:30 PM
B A N N E D

I agree with Steve

04-06 |
07 non type S /
07 type S \

but as far as similarity goes, the o7 non type S is the most similar to the 04-06 compare to the type S I would know cuz my 05 is wearing the 07 type S bumper + the front underspoiler

and thank you steve for pointing me to the right place for the tail lights and side markers.... now I have them on next up, the side rearview mirror

on the top right corner picture.. is that a 07 type - s with just the side and rear aspec kit?? if so any more pictures on this?
Old 08-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

It is - not sure where I found that pic but I know there's a guy here on the board with all but the front - it looks good
Old 11-26-2007, 07:14 PM
Instructor

psheu,

Looks great!!! So here is the million dollar question...with the type-s aspec front spoiler, could you put that on a 2005 front bumber cover? Understanding that you would need to cut the lower bumper grill openings to match up with the cover.

My thought is that I could buy the fog light grill inserts, fog lights, and the spoiler, cut my existing bumper, because the front spoiler will cover the cut areas, plus the new inserts with the fog lights will be covered up by the spoiler, and have the finish product look just like yours, without having to find/buy a new front bumper cover aswell.

Thoughts?
Old 11-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bob05tl
psheu,

Looks great!!! So here is the million dollar question...with the type-s aspec front spoiler, could you put that on a 2005 front bumber cover? Understanding that you would need to cut the lower bumper grill openings to match up with the cover.

My thought is that I could buy the fog light grill inserts, fog lights, and the spoiler, cut my existing bumper, because the front spoiler will cover the cut areas, plus the new inserts with the fog lights will be covered up by the spoiler, and have the finish product look just like yours, without having to find/buy a new front bumper cover aswell.

Thoughts?
yep.... you could do that.... once the type s aspec under spoiler goes on, it'll become part of the bumper and cover up any blemishes u have.... the problem lies with the lower grill openings..... you have to cut it.... the plus side on that is you don't neeed to buy the lower grills. the aspec under spoiler comes with the lower grill already.... so all u need is the fog lights.... oh, and one more thing is that the center grill is a bit smaller on the 04-06 tl than the 07+ tl.... besides that, i don't see any problem with the cutting of the existing bumper cover....
Old 11-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Burning Brakes

oh... and this is how my car looks now with darker tint chrome trunk garnish and blinker rearview mirrors.....

Old 11-27-2007, 03:17 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Looks good but BSM's gotta go IMO
How much did the rear garnish cost you? Looks good
Old 11-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ballinfizzle89
Looks good but BSM's gotta go IMO
How much did the rear garnish cost you? Looks good
the garnish cost about ~$15 including shipping from ebay... very easy install.... but need to cut extra screw holder off and clean and bondo it to the license plate holder.... i think it looks better than the dull looking garnish we used to have:P
Old 11-27-2007, 11:51 PM
Racer

the car looks absolutley amazing, very individualistic.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:38 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
wow 15?!?! The cheapest one I found was like 45 bucks, link me if you get the chance
Old 11-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ballinfizzle89
wow 15?!?! The cheapest one I found was like 45 bucks, link me if you get the chance
Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-07...spagenameZWDVW

they might've jack up the price by a buck or two....
Old 11-28-2007, 05:50 PM
Instructor

yep.... you could do that.... once the type s aspec under spoiler goes on, it'll become part of the bumper and cover up any blemishes u have.... the problem lies with the lower grill openings..... you have to cut it.... the plus side on that is you don't neeed to buy the lower grills. the aspec under spoiler comes with the lower grill already.... so all u need is the fog lights.... oh, and one more thing is that the center grill is a bit smaller on the 04-06 tl than the 07+ tl.... besides that, i don't see any problem with the cutting of the existing bumper cover....

Thanks so much!!! Just to confirm, the A-spec under spoiler comes with the lower grill inserts? Do they attach to the under spoiler or the bumper cover? My understanding is that the clip locations for the 04-06 lower grills are different that the 07-08. If they attach the the under spoiler...I am golden

Do the foglights clip onto and secure themselves to the under spoiler grills, or the bumper cover...again trying to figure if this will work without having to find an 07 aspec front bumber cover. how far does the overlap from the spoiler cover the openings of the front bumber cover? Obviously, with cutting I do not want to have any gaps. I want it to seal directly to the cover and create a clean looking "one piece" appearance. Does that make sense?!

Also, the upper grill opening is a bit smaller on the 04-06, but does that affect anything...maybe airflow? The under bumber does not have anything to do with the opening...does it?

Finally, you bought the front spoiler from Acura? Was it painted? How do you think it matched up? I have NBP and wanted to make sure that it will match. One of the reasons I really like the 07-08 a-spec spoiler is the way it integrates into the front end...it looks like one piece instead on the 04-06 a-spec addition that looks "added on".

Again, you car looks great...keep up the good work!!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 06:39 PM
Instructor

P.S. - Do you have the part number from Acura...I know it will be a little different because of the color, but I want to make sure I am researching the correct thing. I found one for about $260...
Old 11-28-2007, 06:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Thanks so much!!! Just to confirm, the A-spec under spoiler comes with the lower grill inserts? Do they attach to the under spoiler or the bumper cover? My understanding is that the clip locations for the 04-06 lower grills are different that the 07-08. If they attach the the under spoiler...I am golden

Do the foglights clip onto and secure themselves to the under spoiler grills, or the bumper cover...again trying to figure if this will work without having to find an 07 aspec front bumber cover. how far does the overlap from the spoiler cover the openings of the front bumber cover? Obviously, with cutting I do not want to have any gaps. I want it to seal directly to the cover and create a clean looking "one piece" appearance. Does that make sense?!

Also, the upper grill opening is a bit smaller on the 04-06, but does that affect anything...maybe airflow? The under bumber does not have anything to do with the opening...does it?

Finally, you bought the front spoiler from Acura? Was it painted? How do you think it matched up? I have NBP and wanted to make sure that it will match. One of the reasons I really like the 07-08 a-spec spoiler is the way it integrates into the front end...it looks like one piece instead on the 04-06 a-spec addition that looks "added on".

Again, you car looks great...keep up the good work!!!!
the lower grill is part of the aspec front under spoiler (attached to the under spoiler). the fog light will mount onto the new lower grill opening of the under spoiler. the spoiler comes painted so u don't have to worry about color matching (so the answer to your question is perfect match). the center grill have no effect on the airflow or anything, it just look a tid bit larger (no big deal). the type s aspec front under spoiler cover up the entire opening of the lower grill, so you can't possibly mess up on the bumper cutting. the new spoiler is a cover over instead of the "hang" from the front bumper.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Instructor

the lower grill is part of the aspec front under spoiler (attached to the under spoiler). the fog light will mount onto the new lower grill opening of the under spoiler. the spoiler comes painted so u don't have to worry about color matching (so the answer to your question is perfect match). the center grill have no effect on the airflow or anything, it just look a tid bit larger (no big deal). the type s aspec front under spoiler cover up the entire opening of the lower grill, so you can't possibly mess up on the bumper cutting. the new spoiler is a cover over instead of the "hang" from the front bumper.

Thanks for the response. Do you have a part number? I found one for about $260, but I want to make sure it is the same as yours...not the clip on the bottom version. Also, you mentioned that you had to take off the front bumper cover to install the new under spoiler, is that a big deal? Was it hard to take off and put back on?

I really appreciate all your great information. Again, your ride looks awsome
Old 11-29-2007, 06:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Buy My 07 Tl-s Catback Exhaust To Complete The Look!!!! Pm Me
Old 11-30-2007, 11:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the response. Do you have a part number? I found one for about $260, but I want to make sure it is the same as yours...not the clip on the bottom version. Also, you mentioned that you had to take off the front bumper cover to install the new under spoiler, is that a big deal? Was it hard to take off and put back on?

I really appreciate all your great information. Again, your ride looks awsome
No problem, glad I can help I'm not sure about the part number.... just mention that it's the Type S front under spoiler for the 07+ TL.... the bumper is very easy to take off.... there is a video somewhere on this forum that shows u how to take it off easily.... search around
Old 12-01-2007, 08:09 AM
Instructor

No problem, glad I can help I'm not sure about the part number.... just mention that it's the Type S front under spoiler for the 07+ TL.... the bumper is very easy to take off.... there is a video somewhere on this forum that shows u how to take it off easily.... search around
Random question...how does the fog light actually attach? I was looking through you thread and noticed that the lower grills from the bumper that you removed did not have any connections that would hold the fog light. Thinking through this, my thought was that with the lower bumper cover, I would just attach the fog light to it, however, if the light is actually attached to the main bumper cover, I may have hit a bump in the road.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
that doesnt look like the front of my type s...something is weird about that frontend...
Old 12-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Safety Car

i just noticed on your follow up pics, the ones showing the transformation...

some of the pics you have show a stock tl, then it appears to some pics of a stock tl type s frontend, then the end pics have that funny looking frontend on it...what gives, you got 3 different frontends going on there...my guess is the stock looking type s isnt your car, but a pic of another car....
Old 12-08-2007, 01:26 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by vinnier6
i just noticed on your follow up pics, the ones showing the transformation...

some of the pics you have show a stock tl, then it appears to some pics of a stock tl type s frontend, then the end pics have that funny looking frontend on it...what gives, you got 3 different frontends going on there...my guess is the stock looking type s isnt your car, but a pic of another car....
LOL.... those pictures are all my car.... my car goes from 05 front w/ ASpec --> 07 type S front end --> 07 type S front end + the 07 type S ASpec front lower spoiler

the picture you saw was when I first install the 07 type S front bumper. a week later, I install the front ASpec spoiler for the 07 type S. so the final result is 05 w/ 07 front bumper + ASpec Spoiler my car came with the ASpec package so it looks different from the start...

Hope this answer your question
Old 12-08-2007, 08:12 AM
Safety Car

that explains it...i think i liked it best when it was just the type s bumper without the aspec spoiler....
Old 12-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 72 Posts
This car is my inspiration
Old 12-08-2007, 11:09 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SlimTL
This car is my inspiration
thanx for the warm comment from the look of your avitar, ur ride is pretty good and clean also

Originally Posted by vinnier6
that explains it...i think i liked it best when it was just the type s bumper without the aspec spoiler....
minkl81 's said the same thing with his wdp tls at first... but he later on, he still installed the front spoiler to complete the look:P here is his thread to follow

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162843

it's all about preferences i guess.... IMO, it gives the type s more aggressive and beefier look....
Old 12-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Instructor

Random question...how does the fog light actually attach? I was looking through you thread and noticed that the lower grills from the bumper that you removed did not have any connections that would hold the fog light. Thinking through this, my thought was that with the lower bumper cover, I would just attach the fog light to it, however, if the light is actually attached to the main bumper cover, I may have hit a bump in the road.
Psheu

I know I asked this before, but wanted to be sure. The fog light actually mounts on the new under spoiler, NOT the original bumper cover...right?

I want to make sure that the fog light will mount correctly if I keep my 2005 bumber cover and put the 07 a-spec underbumper spoiler...again, I do not mind having to cut the original bumper lower grill opening, but if I can not mount the fog light...kind of defeats the purpose.

Thanks.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Psheu

I know I asked this before, but wanted to be sure. The fog light actually mounts on the new under spoiler, NOT the original bumper cover...right?

I want to make sure that the fog light will mount correctly if I keep my 2005 bumber cover and put the 07 a-spec underbumper spoiler...again, I do not mind having to cut the original bumper lower grill opening, but if I can not mount the fog light...kind of defeats the purpose.

Thanks.
Hmmm.... on the second thought, i'm think the foglights mount on the bumper and the spoilers replace the lower grill and cover over the foglights.... but i think you can find alternative way to mount the foglights.... i just found my old post with some pix....

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/very-pissed-about-college-formals-161376/
Old 12-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Instructor

Hmmm.... on the second thought, i'm think the foglights mount on the bumper and the spoilers replace the lower grill and cover over the foglights.... but i think you can find alternative way to mount the foglights.... i just found my old post with some pix....

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161376
I remember you pictures...Thanks.

That is what I thought...I will see about finding a way to mount them, or just hope I can find a front bumper cover like you did!!! Thanks again for all your insight!!!

Quick Reply: 05 with 07 Type S front bumper + spoiler completed