Old 08-12-2004 | 02:30 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Great color...

Old 08-12-2004 | 09:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Love the color combo.
Old 08-13-2004 | 12:56 AM
Intermediate

Love the red. Red is one color that has to be seen in person to be totally appreciated!

The trunk lid is not warped. It is not entirely flat as the pictures show. It raises up slightly on each side as intended. One of the many stylish, but subtle, designs of this beautiful machine.
Old 08-13-2004 | 09:07 AM
Intermediate

Thanks for the reply but I was speaking of the rear speaker deck, if you look at the rear view pics before the tinting was done you can see that the left side is high then goes down around the center speaker and then back up on the right side of the speaker deck.
Old 08-13-2004 | 09:56 AM
Intermediate

I see what you mean about the rear speaker deck. Definitely needs warranty attention.
Old 08-13-2004 | 02:12 PM
Intermediate

I definitely think so, its going in for a second attempt at the trim repair this tuesday and I'll speak with them yet again about the warped deck. They told me the 1st time that its because of some "electronics" underneath. After a walk around the dealer lot you can see its some kind of defect, 2 out of 3 cars will have the warping, some worse than others and then some are perfectly straight,. and its actually warped down in the middle right part, when I look closely I can see it start level on the left and go down thru the speaker and then back up to the same level on the right side.
Old 08-13-2004 | 05:05 PM
Advanced

Curtis you ARE the man! Nice photo's! I have the same car but with Parchment interior. I have a few questions: What do you use to keep it clean and shiny? It looks good.
Have you had any issues with interior noise? Loose cabin parts?
You have a great camera. If you ever take that baby up into the mountains...maybe Pike's Peak just before dusk-snap a few photo's. I'd love to use your car as a screen saver on my computer.
Have a great ride!
Old 08-13-2004 | 07:18 PM
Intermediate

So far no issues with noise(other when the bass is cranked way way up) and nothing loose so far, plus the headliner has been dropped once already for the hail damage repair on the roof. Haven't noted anything so far. Do you want pics of the car on Pikes Peak or just with it in the background? I use a Nikon coolpix 995. the first few shots without tint were on high res, the latest ones with tint were on the lowest setting and still came out good. I've been using a california car duster for day to day stuff, it shows dust real bad when your up close(at least I notice it) Washing it I've been using armor all car wash with a sheepskin mitt. Wax is NXT tech wash and NXT booster qd. drying is Waffle Weave micro fiber dry towl and micro fiber towels for detailing/wax.I've NXT'd the wheels to help keep the dust off, little bit of difference there.
Old 08-13-2004 | 07:33 PM
Banned

ah i wish 2003 tl's came in stick!
Old 08-13-2004 | 08:05 PM
Advanced

Curtis-thanks for the info. The car looks great. As for the photo's I'll leave that up to you. I was in the Springs ten years ago and it was beautiful. Any way you shoot it is much appreciated and if you do it, do it on your time. I'm patient.
Happy driving! I'm taking mine out right now......