XLR8 Performance Exhaust Parts - Many New Updates!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by KN_TL
Hi Josh,

So the ETD must be the super secret project you were working on

Is the ETD developed in conjunction with the your new motor mounts?

Will the addition of the ETD relieve some of the stresses on the motor mounts themselves?

Will this also add engine vibrations to the cabin as the stiffer mounts do?

I still haven't bought my mounts. That shipper must be something. It's been several weeks in transit.
Josh, Any updates on these guys?
Old 02-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Josh, Any updates on these guys?
The ETD is done. I've gotten everything packaged and all the hardware, brackets, etc manufactured.

The mounts are supposed to be delivered Friday but I'm confirming that now to see if it's actually true. I was told they were going to be delivered numerous times already.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:21 AM
18psi

Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts
Any good news? I need mounts
Old 02-15-2010, 03:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by libert69
Any good news? I need mounts
Yes I will be making a few new threads tonight. A number of new parts have arrived.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:38 PM
6-SPEED LOVER

Received 122 Likes on 90 Posts
damn Josh said a number of new parts! wooo hoooo

hurry i cant wait to c which parts
Old 02-15-2010, 09:50 PM
"Let's Do This"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
waiting for the motor mounts..............
Old 02-15-2010, 10:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Sorry, wasn't able to take the pics and put up the threads I wanted to tonight.

But I have ready to release: engine mounts for the 3rd gen TL, Engine Torque Damper for the 3rd gen TL M/T, and high flow cat for the 3rd gen TL.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:58 PM
18psi

Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by Excelerate
Sorry, wasn't able to take the pics and put up the threads I wanted to tonight.

But I have ready to release: engine mounts for the 3rd gen TL, Engine Torque Damper for the 3rd gen TL M/T, and high flow cat for the 3rd gen TL.
Im definitely interested in the mounts but what makes them different from the innovative mounts?
Old 02-16-2010, 07:04 AM
"Let's Do This"

Are the mounts up for sale now? And what's a engine torque damper?
Old 02-16-2010, 08:42 AM
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 290 Posts
I respectfully ask that we cut Excelerate some slack.

I had stumbled across something and seen where Excelerate had to spend considerable time. He had to spend his late afternoon tending to that. That was obviously an unplanned interruption to getting the new items posted for us.

Last edited by Inaccurate; 02-16-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:58 AM
6-SPEED LOVER

Received 122 Likes on 90 Posts
Josh, how much for the Torque Damper? im interested
Old 02-16-2010, 09:01 AM
Safety Car

It's too bad he had to be so secretive about this stuff. I would have gladly gone with him but ended up going with IM instead because of the delays.

It would have been nice if we at least knew what would make his design better. I asked and was told to go IM because I was being persistent and wasn't sure when I would actually need them.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:19 AM
Safety Car

Excelerate has explained in previous post that he is at the mercy of his supplier/manufacturer. The supplier/manufacturer has been slipping numerous times on the promised shipping date to Excelerate. This is outside of Excelerate's control.

Performance parts for the TL is a small niche market. That is, there is just a few of us TL owners that are willing to purchase these obscure products. As such, we and Excelerate are not in a position that carries too much clout with a supplier/manufacturer. Therefore, patience is the better part of valor.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Inaccurate
Excelerate has explained in previous post that he is at the mercy of his supplier/manufacturer. The supplier/manufacturer has been slipping numerous times on the promised shipping date to Excelerate. This is outside of Excelerate's control.

Performance parts for the TL is a small niche market. That is, there is just a few of us TL owners that are willing to purchase these obscure products. As such, we and Excelerate are not in a position that carries too much clout with a supplier/manufacturer. Therefore, patience is the better part of valor.
Still no reason to withhold information that in my case, would have kept my interest and I would have waited.

If you don't think I understand patience, remember I am a fully paid turbo customer.

No need to explain the obvious to me.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Still no reason to withhold information that in my case, would have kept my interest and I would have waited.

If you don't think I understand patience, remember I am a fully paid turbo customer.

No need to explain the obvious to me.
The reason that we don't give much information is that we get bombarded with PM's, emails, phone calls, etc asking us when the parts are coming and how much and again when are they coming. My shipment was delayed almost 2 months. Manufacturer ETA's are generally pretty off it seems. So I will release the info when I have the product in hand; now I do. So I'm taking pics and forming threads now.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:13 PM
Safety Car

The reason that we don't give much information is that we get bombarded with PM's, emails, phone calls, etc asking us when the parts are coming and how much and again when are they coming. My shipment was delayed almost 2 months. Manufacturer ETA's are generally pretty off it seems. So I will release the info when I have the product in hand; now I do. So I'm taking pics and forming threads now.
The delays are one thing that I understand completely.

I asked once a month or so where they were because you did let out that you were working on them.

What I still fail to understand is why you wouldn't say why I should wait for your product. If you could have given me one or two worms to chew on, I would have waited. Instead, you essentially told me to go away. Marketers are constantly touting new products and their gotta have new features before they have product in hand.

It's not an issue for me. I just placed my order last week and I understand I am only one person and you don't necessarily need my money but things would have been different if it were approached differently.

I'll stop now....
Old 02-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what does a torque damper do?
Old 02-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Safety Car

To all,

I understand your frustration and I would feel the same way if it happened to me.

I just want all of us to treat our vendors more nice. It is very hard dealing with customers in general. Money can compensate just so much to a limit. Our TL vendors and manufacturers are not getting rich from us. There are too few of us. They make the equivalent of "beer money" from us.

If we are too difficult to get along with (even if we are right and they are wrong), our vendors and manufacturers will leave us. And, I don't see many other vendors/manufacturers waiting to fill the void.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Safety Car

To all,

I understand your frustration and I would feel the same way if it happened to me.

I just want all of us to treat our vendors more nice. It is very hard dealing with customers in general. Money can compensate just so much to a limit. Our TL vendors and manufacturers are not getting rich from us. There are too few of us. They make the equivalent of "beer money" from us.

If we are too difficult to get along with (even if we are right and they are wrong), our vendors and manufacturers will leave us. And, I don't see many other vendors/manufacturers waiting to fill the void.
I guess I lied...

Are you his momma or something? The last time I heard play nice was in a sandbox when I was 5yrs old.

I'm not bashing Josh and I understand where you are coming from. But at no time was I 'not nice'. I am actually trying to help him out.

I've bought a few things from him with no problems and he has always been responsive. I am just trying to figure out his mentality of withholding information and how it affected where I shopped.

I've been though bad days and good days and I have ALWAYS admitted when I was wrong and apologized when appropriate. But I'll be a long gone before I kiss someones ass just so they stick around.

Last edited by KN_TL; 02-16-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Former Sponsor

The delays are one thing that I understand completely.

I asked once a month or so where they were because you did let out that you were working on them.

What I still fail to understand is why you wouldn't say why I should wait for your product. If you could have given me one or two worms to chew on, I would have waited. Instead, you essentially told me to go away. Marketers are constantly touting new products and their gotta have new features before they have product in hand.

It's not an issue for me. I just placed my order last week and I understand I am only one person and you don't necessarily need my money but things would have been different if it were approached differently.

I'll stop now....
I'm sorry you feel that way. I have already had dozens of ppl calling me over the months asking me for info and ETA's on these mounts. We have experienced numerous delays due to the manufacturer and I didn't want to give any info until I had the product in hand. That's just how I am. I'm not a big fan of pre-selling or hyping products I don't have in hand. IIRC, you seemed to need a set of mounts pretty quickly so all I said was to go with Innovative if you needed an immediate solution. It's not like I said go fly a kite. I have a lot of capital tied up in these mounts, a lot. I'm just as interested in getting them finished but I didn't want to rush them either and the more info I give the more time I have to waste telling ppl oh hold another week and then another week and then another week. People get mad about that stuff thus the reason I don't post up info until I have them.

Now I have them. Expect a number of threads shortly.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:14 PM
Former Sponsor

But I'll be a long gone before I kiss someones ass just so they stick around.
Ok we get it bro; you're upset. It's time to move on. And no no one said you need to suck up to vendors but it's members like Inaccurate that make it worth while. I'm not sure people understand how much time, effort, and money we have invested in making new products for TL members. And advertising on AZ isn't cheap either. I've tied up a significant amount of capital in new projects for the 3rd gen TL and for over 6 months now too. So be patient; I'm moving as fast I can. I'm not a huge corporation with endless funds and time.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Safety Car

KN,

I understand and apologize for stirring up your frustration.

On a side note - Married life (at least a successful marriage) will teach a guy to apologize constantly for stuff he did AND didn't do. Sorry dear, sorry dear
Old 02-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Safety Car

I'm sorry you feel that way. I have already had dozens of ppl calling me over the months asking me for info and ETA's on these mounts. We have experienced numerous delays due to the manufacturer and I didn't want to give any info until I had the product in hand. That's just how I am. I'm not a big fan of pre-selling or hyping products I don't have in hand. IIRC, you seemed to need a set of mounts pretty quickly so all I said was to go with Innovative if you needed an immediate solution. It's not like I said go fly a kite. I have a lot of capital tied up in these mounts, a lot. I'm just as interested in getting them finished but I didn't want to rush them either and the more info I give the more time I have to waste telling ppl oh hold another week and then another week and then another week. People get mad about that stuff thus the reason I don't post up info until I have them.

Now I have them. Expect a number of threads shortly.
Josh, I'm not hating here.

I guess all I am trying to explain is that being that tight lipped lost you a sale. I will still consider you for other items because I have had nothing but good service from you.

I would think people being mad for being late is better than losing sales...

Ok, now I am done. Back on topic.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Safety Car

KN,

I understand and apologize for stirring up your frustration.

On a side note - Married life (at least a successful marriage) will teach a guy to apologize constantly for stuff he did AND didn't do. Sorry dear, sorry dear
You got that right (apologizing)!!! How do you think I got the turbo!!!! No worries man.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Safety Car

Ok we get it bro; you're upset. It's time to move on. And no no one said you need to suck up to vendors but it's members like Inaccurate that make it worth while. I'm not sure people understand how much time, effort, and money we have invested in making new products for TL members. And advertising on AZ isn't cheap either. I've tied up a significant amount of capital in new projects for the 3rd gen TL and for over 6 months now too. So be patient; I'm moving as fast I can. I'm not a huge corporation with endless funds and time.
It's cool. The 'Be Nice' statement just hit a nerve. I am really ok

I understand and will move on......Seriously.

Thanks.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:59 PM
AM MT Navi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow, can't wait to see prices & pics! been reading about these mounts since November!
Old 02-16-2010, 02:56 PM
"Let's Do This"

I can't wait to see the final product. I've been holding myself back from buying the IM, hope these are better quality and last forever lol. No one has answered the question about the torque damper. What is it and what does it do?
Old 02-16-2010, 03:28 PM
AM MT Navi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm guessing it will be something like the stiffy...gets rid of wheel hop.

http://www.lightningmotorsports.com/...ing_stiffy.htm

Last edited by shotcaller88; 02-16-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:52 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Anyone pull the trigger on the XLR8 exhaust with the new PRT (Purge Resonance Technology) technology?

I am ready to bite the bullet but would like to hear some feedback first.

Thanks in advance,
paweł
Old 03-11-2010, 08:56 PM
Instructor

....just ordered my A-SPEC with the 07-08 rear to fit these quads!
XLR8 quads being ordered tomorrow....
can't wait to hear this baby firsthand!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Fear and Loathing in my

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by paweljaro
....just ordered my A-SPEC with the 07-08 rear to fit these quads!
XLR8 quads being ordered tomorrow....
can't wait to hear this baby firsthand!
Hope you bought the type s kit
Old 03-12-2010, 07:01 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Timb227
Hope you bought the type s kit
oh yes, requested the 07-08 type S rear!

now I just need to order the XLR8 quad unless someone persuades me otherwise with some hard evidence
Old 03-28-2010, 10:01 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

ok