WMI on my S/C '06 TL 6MT

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 06:23 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WMI on my S/C '06 TL 6MT

Would it be a good idea to put a Water/ Meth injector kit on my 06 TL 6MT???
More importantly why???

I know I am goin to hold of on the JnR tune for a while but this option seems smart?!?

I dont know a lot about this stuff so dumbing it down would be great.

I know there is a search feature but answering this specific question would be great!! Thank you!!
The following users liked this post:
04WDPSeDaN (09-22-2012)
Old 09-22-2012, 09:19 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
i'm in the same boat as you buddy.. I have a ton of questions and been trying to do research while sending Pm's to people. By far hi-speed is fucking awesome in helping me out! You will get mixed answers on the meth kit.

They will tell you supercharger runs super hot, meth lowers temp. others will say it will also take care of the surge but surge is due to ACM from my understanding. I have the coolant TB bypass done, and I tell you my intake manifold stays pretty cool. I don't see why if someone does this mod plus a custom CAI for the supercharger that it won't help out the temps. You can do some cooling mods under the hood like removing the plastics and drilling holes in the cowl to reduce the under hood temps. Exhaust mods will help with the flow of things. Every little thing counts.

Talking to Alex (imfamouslink) for normal daily use, as I use my car I don't track it, I drive it very normal and use 6th gear like 90% of my commute, the basic setup is fine. I was told from a few members that You def need AEM FI and need injectors and fuel pump and tune and meth and this and that, thats another 2K plus of investments for what? To fix a surge problem?? Hi-speed will tell you after doing precat deletes his car ran without surge issues and was still on the ACM. Again, everyone's car is different. I'm here in the same boat buddy. I hope I kinda helped you out lol. I'm sorry for the experts that will chime in think i'm talking out of my ass, I may just be LOL.
BigToys32 (09-22-2012)
Old 09-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
i'm in the same boat as you buddy.. I have a ton of questions and been trying to do research while sending Pm's to people. By far hi-speed is fucking awesome in helping me out! You will get mixed answers on the meth kit.

They will tell you supercharger runs super hot, meth lowers temp. others will say it will also take care of the surge but surge is due to ACM from my understanding. I have the coolant TB bypass done, and I tell you my intake manifold stays pretty cool. I don't see why if someone does this mod plus a custom CAI for the supercharger that it won't help out the temps. You can do some cooling mods under the hood like removing the plastics and drilling holes in the cowl to reduce the under hood temps. Exhaust mods will help with the flow of things. Every little thing counts.

Talking to Alex (imfamouslink) for normal daily use, as I use my car I don't track it, I drive it very normal and use 6th gear like 90% of my commute, the basic setup is fine. I was told from a few members that You def need AEM FI and need injectors and fuel pump and tune and meth and this and that, thats another 2K plus of investments for what? To fix a surge problem?? Hi-speed will tell you after doing precat deletes his car ran without surge issues and was still on the ACM. Again, everyone's car is different. I'm here in the same boat buddy. I hope I kinda helped you out lol. I'm sorry for the experts that will chime in think i'm talking out of my ass, I may just be LOL.

You basically sound like me. hi speed is helping me big time for my lack of car knowledge. I dont use mine for rack at all... just the occasional fun on the streets for ppl that want to challenge me.

I have the precats back exhaust done... ill have the custom AEM intake with the AEM fic that comes in the S/C kit. I literally just put soooo much $$ in this car that im sure a lot can relate to. This is my daily driver and I would like to keep it for a while.

I wish there was a strait forward answer. I am assuming if it was a necessity it would have been in the kit!?!
Old 09-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
It'll lower IAT's and give you a bump in octane. If you are doing a lot of timing pulls because of knock then it's definitely a good idea. Otherwise, it can't hurt. Worth the money? Really depends on your goals and current issues.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:40 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KN_TL
It'll lower IAT's and give you a bump in octane. If you are doing a lot of timing pulls because of knock then it's definitely a good idea. Otherwise, it can't hurt. Worth the money? Really depends on your goals and current issues.
goal: Car wont blow up as my daily commuter!
Old 09-22-2012, 09:47 AM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
If you've got a few hundred to throw around then it can't hurt.

Otherwise, you should do some datalogging to see if you are detonating.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:01 AM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
I never ran meth with the SC, but I think it would have helped to keep the power more consistent. There is two types of surging on the SC. The first is the transition into boost or the hand off between the stock ECU and the ACM. The second type is the knocksensor pulling timing when it sees knock. An early install guide had people running the knocksensor thru the ACM and that was causing the the second type of surging to be worse.
My feeling is meth would help keep the knocksensor from pulling timing. If you can get that kit from Richkid for $200 I think it's worth it for the peace of mind. I would look into how low of a psi the AEM can be adjusted to start at, if you go that direction. On the other hand I had no problems and made good power without it. It is working great on the turbo. One thing IHC said in support of not running meth was the increased oil change intervolts to about half of what the MID says or 3k miles.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
w/m helps raise octane and also prevent denotation. This lets the care run more timing. So you will make more power with the same PSI. Tuning also helps.

I run W/M on my N/A accord and its pretty awesome. I have it programmed to my fuel injector pulsing. So its running during acceleration and load. But if I am curising 65-75 on the a flat highway. I is on stand by.

here like a quick summary of W/M
TLove It! (09-23-2012)