Who's Running The Full RV6 Setup? (PCD vs HFPC question)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 04:06 AM
shifting at 7k

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Who's Running The Full RV6 Setup? (PCD vs HFPC question)

Let me preface this by saying this is not another PCD vs HFPC thread. I search this board like it's my day job, I've already read countless threads debating the two and know what the deal is between them.

I currently have the RV6 V3 J-Pipe and the True Dual Exhaust. I'm looking to finish off the setup real soon. At this point I'm leaning towards the PCD's because it's considerably cheaper than the HFPC's. Emissions or the smell of gas is not my concern. I like a loud exhaust, I'm still in my youth and enjoy being obnoxious to an extent.

However, I don't want to 'ruin' the True Dual exhaust note. I know of a few members here that are running the full setup so if you are please chime in with your thoughts. I've searched up an old thread there was a member by the name of "BostonSilverTypeS" and he stated there is no rasp while driving, only on cold starts. With every other exhaust - stock, or aftermarket - there is rasp.. but going by this Boston guy's thread there is no rasp with the True Dual exhaust.

reference: https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-performance-parts-modifications-112/rv6-complete-exhaust-system-821438/

So for those running the full RV6 setup with PCD's, can you attest to that statement?

P.S. can the TL backfire with PCD's? The videos below show the same guy's TL with an exhaust backfire.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKXg8wQVUP8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ36PpvNcXE[/youtube]

Last edited by azeezp13; 05-31-2014 at 04:13 AM.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:09 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by azeezp13
Let me preface this by saying this is not another PCD vs HFPC thread. I search this board like it's my day job, I've already read countless threads debating the two and know what the deal is between them.

I currently have the RV6 V3 J-Pipe and the True Dual Exhaust. I'm looking to finish off the setup real soon. At this point I'm leaning towards the PCD's because it's considerably cheaper than the HFPC's. Emissions or the smell of gas is not my concern. I like a loud exhaust, I'm still in my youth and enjoy being obnoxious to an extent.

However, I don't want to 'ruin' the True Dual exhaust note. I know of a few members here that are running the full setup so if you are please chime in with your thoughts. I've searched up an old thread there was a member by the name of "BostonSilverTypeS" and he stated there is no rasp while driving, only on cold starts. With every other exhaust - stock, or aftermarket - there is rasp.. but going by this Boston guy's thread there is no rasp with the True Dual exhaust.

reference: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=821438

So for those running the full RV6 setup with PCD's, can you attest to that statement?

P.S. can the TL backfire with PCD's? The videos below show the same guy's TL with an exhaust backfire.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKXg8wQVUP8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ36PpvNcXE[/youtube]

Ur thinking too hard.. buy the pcd n enjoy
Old 05-31-2014, 01:36 PM
Slot Machine Lubricator

Received 406 Likes on 317 Posts
If you delete all the cats, the exhaust will gurgle and pop. More so if you drive a manual.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 597 Likes on 410 Posts
I'm running the full setup with HFPCs. No rasp, sounds excellent.

It gurgles and pops between gears but it's a good sound, not bad. Sounds mean.
The following users liked this post:
azeezp13 (06-02-2014)
Old 05-31-2014, 07:13 PM
07 NBP 5A/T UA6 NAVI

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Hey azeez how do you plan on dealing with your e test? Take em out and put em back in after? I too would like to go with pcds (eventually) but that's my biggest concern.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:26 PM
shifting at 7k

Originally Posted by JL-TL_07
Hey azeez how do you plan on dealing with your e test? Take em out and put em back in after? I too would like to go with pcds (eventually) but that's my biggest concern.
E-Test now is all done through OBD-II port, no more sniffer test in Ontario. So long as you don't have a CEL you'll be good to pass emissions. The PCD's come with defoulers which will prevent a CEL.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:32 AM
shifting at 7k

Giving this thread an update.. I ended up buying new PCD's and have been driving for a little over a week on them now.

Quick review.. this is the first performance mod where I could actually feel the gain in my seats. I felt it the first time I hit the throttle it was definitely noticable whereas with the J-Pipe and True Dual exhaust I honestly could not feel the difference.

Regarding rasp.. it's there. Not much though, it's definitely tolerable it comes in between 3100-4000 rpm. The True Dual exhaust screams now where before it was fairly subtle, oh and the smell of gas is definitely strong but I don't mind that at all. No drone anywhere in the RPM range though which is a plus and it's still relatively quiet if I'm just cruising.

Overall I'm very happy with the PCD's. Great product by Richie
The following users liked this post:
Richie v6 (06-21-2014)