We WANT an ATLP exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 10:21 PM
I Have A Meth Lab In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We WANT an ATLP exhaust.

Please only post if you want an ATLP quad exhaust, and can back it up with cash. Add yourself to the list, and let's consider the price at 1k shipped.

1) andyc123
Old 05-16-2009, 10:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2) Quad150db

I know this isn't going to fly.... But I do like the automatic mystery discount that andy has put the price at..LOL
Old 05-16-2009, 10:45 PM
The Kinetics of Bleu

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by andyc123
Please only post if you want an ATLP quad exhaust, and can back it up with cash. Add yourself to the list, and let's consider the price at 1k shipped.

1) andyc123
Just so you know the ATLP was more than $1K shipped when it was available so the chances of getting it for that are not very good.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol

Its more like $1200 or $1300 shipped.

1k shipped is a deal!

Might want to talk to mr.atlp before starting something like a groupbuy..ganna get everyone's hope up lol

yes count me in too!
Old 05-16-2009, 11:22 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 349 Likes on 291 Posts
lol, you guys crack me up....
Old 05-16-2009, 11:30 PM
Pro

yea this isn't going to fly as much as i would like it to. just get a base
Old 05-17-2009, 01:53 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,239 Likes on 703 Posts
You guys are gonna have to ask Mike, first. And even then, you'll need the permission of the previous ATLP Quad owners.

However, the thing that'll make your attempt different from the last is that Mike didn't have the TL Base in production. Now that that's out, Mike probably isn't going to want to see people buying Quads again and seeing his work on the Base go for nothing.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:55 AM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
srsly?
Old 05-17-2009, 08:56 AM
I caught the mod flu

I'd take one as well...
Old 05-17-2009, 10:23 AM
Advanced

If this seriously happens you can put me down for one.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:37 AM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I bet Mike is at this thread...

You can bet he's got something up his sleeve, but this thread isn't going to influence his actions one bit.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Advanced

WoW, i wonder if this is gonna fly, at least the last batch that was made was agreed by Mike, but i don't think this one was agreed...mmmmm....
Old 05-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
wow.... I woke up to a good laugh.
1k shipped---group buy that is not even officialized.

I'm going to be honest. With all the recent movement for more Quads----I'm going to now not give permission [if it does somehow come through].
You guys are just demanding it out of Mike and speak as if it's magically going to happen. And for that I'm going to say no. No more Quads.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Advanced

Im sorry dude but seriously what an asshole post. No one is demanding anything this wierdo is just trying to make an interest list for quads. Your not going to give your permission for others to be happy and add a great performance mod to their car??? Where Im from you are an asshole sir. Eat shit and die.

On a side note though, the starter of this thread should have went about this in a different way.

Originally Posted by o4Komodo

I'm going to be honest. With all the recent movement for more Quads----I'm going to now not give permission [if it does somehow come through].
You guys are just demanding it out of Mike and speak as if it's magically going to happen. And for that I'm going to say no. No more Quads.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:46 AM
I caught the mod flu

Wow, what a Selfish POS you are! First of all it's not up to you, it's up to Mike. Secondly the demand is clearly there and it would be good business to give what his customers want.

Either way, Mike has already said he has something in the works for us guys who missed out!
Old 05-17-2009, 11:49 AM
Advanced

Im excited about what your saying blkura I really want some nice, great sounding stuff for my type s. I hope this new project will improve on the more than apparent wonderfullness of the quads. Plus it will give me time to save money.

Oh and also the reason shit ever gets made is because of DEMAND.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Originally Posted by duckhunt
Im sorry dude but seriously what an asshole post. No one is demanding anything this wierdo is just trying to make an interest list for quads. Your not going to give your permission for others to be happy and add a great performance mod to their car??? Where Im from you are an asshole sir. Eat shit and die.

On a side note though, the starter of this thread should have went about this in a different way.
I've given my permission and input about Quads the first time around. I gave my full support.
I feel that I will now not give the consent due to the way the Quads are being demanded and approached.
Look for the other ATLP Quads thread---and check the first post of this thread. Seems pretty demanding to me.

Also, I will not eat shit and die. In turn, that is a pretty ass-hole comment too. I still stand behind my remark, though.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Advanced

Its because Im an asshole. Welcome to the club.

Seriously though your acting like hes putting a gun to the guys head and demanding more quads be made, you on the other hand want to ride in on your white horse, saddle blazing and save mike from his potential customers.

Also, I will not eat shit and die. In turn, that is a pretty ass-hole comment too. I still stand behind my remark, though.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Originally Posted by BLKURA
Wow, what a Selfish POS you are! First of all it's not up to you, it's up to Mike. Secondly the demand is clearly there and it would be good business to give what his customers want.

Either way, Mike has already said he has something in the works for us guys who missed out!
If you check... there was a thread for a last batch of ATLP Quads.
From which, in this thread, previous Quad owners had to give consent to it being made.

If Mike is making something new for the Type-S, that's great and I'm all for it.
But if there were to be another batch of Quads, I may have to disagree.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:55 AM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Its because Im an asshole. Welcome to the club.

Seriously though your acting like hes putting a gun to the guys head and demanding more quads be made, you on the other hand want to ride in on your white horse, saddle blazing and save mike from his potential customers.
Look, if you want to argue PM me.
There is no need to begin cluttering up this thread.
I'm not acting like he's putting a gun to anyone's head.

On a side note, horse riding is fun.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 349 Likes on 291 Posts
Originally Posted by jjashaa
lol, you guys crack me up....
x2
Old 05-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Advanced

Ive never liked straddling anything. Always down for the reciprocal though. And Im not here to argue, you just be nice.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,239 Likes on 703 Posts
It is up to him. Mike specifically told us last batch owners that we had to gain the permission of previous Quad owners. We had Nay-sayers then, and just enough for some to say yes.

Komodo was one of those nice enough to say yes so me & 9 others could receive them. He is far from a selfish pos.
Yes, it's called the Base model, as that's what he said right after he shipped the Quads out to us last time.

The sad thing is that the first post didn't even ask Mike to begin with, and the people wanting it are becoming hostile compared to the last 10.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:12 PM
I caught the mod flu

Originally Posted by Rick_TL-S
It is up to him. Mike specifically told us last batch owners that we had to gain the permission of previous Quad owners. We had Nay-sayers then, and just enough for some to say yes.

Komodo was one of those nice enough to say yes so me & 9 others could receive them. He is far from a selfish pos.
Yes, it's called the Base model, as that's what he said right after he shipped the Quads out to us last time.

The sad thing is that the first post didn't even ask Mike to begin with, and the people wanting it are becoming hostile compared to the last 10.
No, it's not the base model he's referring to. Mike did say a new design, thanks.

I just think this whole thing is silly. People who already own them, get their panties in a bunch when the demand for the quads is still there.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Acura drove me away too..

Received 107 Likes on 66 Posts
Ya snooze... Ya looze!!!
I see a whole lotta

Last edited by BlueAc; 05-17-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Originally Posted by Rick_TL-S

Thank you very much for the kind words.

This is actually the reason why I now choose to not consent. If everything was approached in a much nicer and organized manner I may have supported this.. "debate".

No, it's not the base model he's referring to. Mike did say a new design, thanks.

I just think this whole thing is silly. People who already own them, get their panties in a bunch when the demand for the quads is still there.
The demand for the quads is definitely there, can't argue with that.
The reason why some Quad owners 'got their panties in a bunch' is because they/we want the exclusiveness of the exhaust. It was supposed to be a limited product, after all.
But if Mike does come out with a new Type-S design, than I'm all for it.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:53 PM
TL-S izdashiznittt in

I completely agree with Komodo

You can WANT all you want. I wasnt too happy about the last ten being made and other ATLP owners werent either. But we said allright fine ONE LAST BATCH to those who didnt make it for some reason. Move on! Dont you get it Mike is moving on to different projects (you have no idea wat hes up 2......I do muahahaha). Stop derailing his plans! Just in case mike doesnt chime in Ill respond for him.

Originally Posted by aznbo187
There will be no last, last batch. If anything, it will just be this group of 10.

So, that's what I wrote. Now it's really down to if there is a strong, OK, and if we have 10 people. Also, just to restate, this will be the LAST batch made, if it is made.

Just in case people wana bitch again. The last LAST batch would be YOU! Readem N weep. Srry guys everybody had their equal opportunity to buy this exhaust and you guys for whatever reason missed out. Get over it.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:59 PM
TL-S izdashiznittt in

Originally Posted by o4komodo
if you check... There was a thread for a last batch of atlp quads.
From which, in this thread, previous quad owners had to give consent to it being made.

If mike is making something new for the type-s, that's great and i'm all for it.
But if there were to be another batch of quads, i may have to disagree.
+1
Old 05-17-2009, 04:58 PM
E55>>>TLS

Another one of these threads LOL.....ok if you guys really want one, I'll sell you mine for $2500 shipped lmao; I'm being generous cause I believe Mike isn't going to be making anymore of these exhausts.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
I have to admit... I'm not a big fan of the ATLP quads so I could give 2 shits.. but from my experience on these boards.... that most owners of ATLP quads carry a very poor attitude and are very stuck up about their purchase. And as someone above mentioned, that Mike is working on something for those who missed the quads.. one of the main reasons for this is due to the poor attitude carried by those ATLP owners, that I mentioned above. I even witnessed alot of the ATLP quad guys really burning inside when Mike decided to make the ATLP base exhaust which is what I prefer over the quads anyways. That thread was filled with too many Quads>Base comments as if their e-penis's were being threatened.

It amazes me, how people are so selfish and jealous when it comes to such petty things in life. Seriously guys.. your exhausts and your cars aren't the only things there is to life.. and if you think so then you guys really need to re-evaluate.

Alright anyways.. I'm done with my rant.. with that said.... I hope this works out for you guys.. but I agree with the rest that the price you dictated is kind of amusing Expect to pay about $1300 shipped.... but I'm sure that's not going to be a big deal for you guys anyways as it is one of the sexiest exhausts for our cars.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Advanced

^^^ dude seriously. Some of the previous quad owners seem like real QUEERS. I wish I could highlight and accentuate this word further.

"Srry guys everybody had their equal opportunity to buy this exhaust and you guys for whatever reason missed out. Get over it."

^^^ to this guy. Man some of us didnt even know about this forum or bought thier car post atlp quad sales period. Like me, I just got my TL-S today. I learned about this forum after the last ten batches were made. How in anyway is this fair.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:09 PM
E55>>>TLS

^^^ Well life is not always fair. As for the exhaust, you should've first contacted the person who actually distributes them. Making this thread doesn't make the chances of anyone getting something made; given the fact that it is a limited product and there was an "extra" batch made. It is nothing against the new owners of a Type S. It's just bad timing. There are also other alternatives. If you are set on the ATLP, I'd just look out for one in the BM.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:09 PM
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts
Alright girls, let's not turn this insignificant issue into anything.

I wasn't contacted about this GB and had no idea about it. Unfortunately, as mentioned before I promised that this was to be a limited exhaust system, which I will keep my word.

We are thinking about designing a new system for the TL-S, which is going to be a bit different, but haven't started anything on paper yet. Please stay tuned and I will not disappoint!

And to the current quad owners, be easy on the new guys. =)
Old 05-17-2009, 06:17 PM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
And with that said...

/thread
Old 05-17-2009, 06:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Yes bad timing for new type-s owners..

Im sure u wont disappoint us now..time to step it up!
Old 05-17-2009, 06:32 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by trew
and with that said...

/thread
+1.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:32 PM
TL-S izdashiznittt in

"Srry guys everybody had their equal opportunity to buy this exhaust and you guys for whatever reason missed out. Get over it."

^^^ to this guy. Man some of us didnt even know about this forum or bought thier car post atlp quad sales period. Like me, I just got my TL-S today. I learned about this forum after the last ten batches were made. How in anyway is this fair.

^^^ To that guy: and you think thats my fault? or any other Quad owners fault? Its just bad timing and that sucks for people that missed out. Im just stating the facts since you arrived late. Its not fair? LIFE IS NOT FAIR. I have a huge health issue! Let me get the exhaust and you get your health. Unless you wana trade?

To answer your question: Read my quote again

Last edited by TLType-s12; 05-17-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:37 PM
2005 TL (7/07-8/29/09)

I don't see how the new design can top the current quads. But time will tell.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:37 PM
Advanced

I completely agree. I bought my car and found this forum right after the last ten were made and i am in absolute love with the ATLP quads. I had to go with my second choice exhaust because they are not avaliable. I see both sides of this matter but there is one point i have to add. Our cars are Fing sweet and we all love the hell out of them but to normal non-TL people they have no idea what ATLP is and dont care. The Quads fit the type-S which where im from it is kinda a rare car. We are all on this forum because we love cars and to me atleast it is a very fun hobby. We ask eachother for help and information and have a common interest in TL's which in my book makes each one of you a BAMF! So if all you Quad owners is so happy with your exhaust why would you want to deny your fellow TL-S Brethren the same joy? and besides its not like we all live in the same city where its like a common thing to see a ATLP quad exhaust or its not like this will be mass produced. There is a demand for them and their competition got a grand from me that could have been theirs if it was avaliable. Heck it wouldnt have mattered even if it was more expensive. So all im trying to say is i wish i had one and im jealous of you all. So if that was your objective Quad owners (robot voice) OBJECTIVE COMPLETE surrender
Old 05-17-2009, 06:49 PM
I Have A Meth Lab In

Originally Posted by aznbo187
Alright girls, let's not turn this insignificant issue into anything.

I wasn't contacted about this GB and had no idea about it. Unfortunately, as mentioned before I promised that this was to be a limited exhaust system, which I will keep my word.

We are thinking about designing a new system for the TL-S, which is going to be a bit different, but haven't started anything on paper yet. Please stay tuned and I will not disappoint!

And to the current quad owners, be easy on the new guys. =)

Sweet, well it did get Mikes attention for a bit, so hopefully we'll see a new quad exhaust in the future.

Quick Reply: We WANT an ATLP exhaust.