Water/methanol injection system

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 09:08 AM
The Boss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water/methanol injection system

Question for EXPERTS out there.

The Comptech Supercharger for 3G-TL does not have room for a Tranny Cooler nor does it recommend one. It was said by having a Water/methanol injection system, it can cool down or keep the charger cool during hot and humid days. Now the only concern I have is, this system sprays the fluid into the blower, which can get into the engine. I'm not too fond of having any water/liquid getting into the engine. Do you guys think having this product is a good idea?
Won't the check engine light be on since something (water/liquid) will be getting into the engine? Harm the engine at all?

thanks, you can see the link below.
http://www.snowperformance.net/prodd...p?prod=auto010
Old 04-20-2006, 09:12 AM
Import and Domestic owner

Originally Posted by AcuraDriver2006
Question for EXPERTS out there.

The Comptech Supercharger for 3G-TL does not have room for a Tranny Cooler nor does it recommend one. It was said by having a Water/methanol injection system, it can cool down or keep the charger cool during hot and humid days. Now the only concern I have is, this system sprays the fluid into the blower, which can get into the engine. I'm not too fond of having any water/liquid getting into the engine. Do you guys think having this product is a good idea?
Won't the check engine light be on since something (water/liquid) will be getting into the engine? Harm the engine at all?

thanks, you can see the link below.
http://www.snowperformance.net/prodd...p?prod=auto010
You mean no room for a innercooler. This really has nothing to do with your tranny.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
you don't have to worry about harm to your engine. contact comptech and find out what psi they recommend. those systems are in controlled amounts and if any gets through it'll burn up inside.

imo, this would be an excellent upgrade. too bad the intercooler won't fit.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:11 AM
The Boss

Originally Posted by CleanCL
you don't have to worry about harm to your engine. contact comptech and find out what psi they recommend. those systems are in controlled amounts and if any gets through it'll burn up inside.

imo, this would be an excellent upgrade. too bad the intercooler won't fit.
Yeah, it's a pretty old method. I contacted my friend who has a S/C Camaro, and another S/C Corvette. They both use it and says it's been nothing but positive upgrade. I ordered the kit and will see how it goes from there.