Water injection kit installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 11:00 PM
6speed NBP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraDriver2006
The W/M/I kit is drilled right between the engine elbow and the S/C (Paul will have pictures if he takes some). Upon hitting boost, the pump will inject and spray into the elbow and cools then engine as its boosting. The pump is connected to the windshield wiper fluid so it's easy to maintain. I have to tell ya, Ryan97812 is an excellent technician and if you live around the Tri-State area.. with any modification installation, you ought to pm him. He is by far the best and coolest guy. I don't think I would have gotten the blower without him intalling it for me. It's been a blast and I'm going to order the w/m/i in the future.

When we were at the track last night, Paul's blower and engine was much cooler than mine. Definitely a great modification!
ic thxs for clearing that up for me. Now, againstallodds, would up give us a idea of how offen you need to fill the tank with fluid when the time comes
Old 05-14-2006, 03:45 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by EternaLlx
ic thxs for clearing that up for me. Now, againstallodds, would up give us a idea of how offen you need to fill the tank with fluid when the time comes
When I was talking with Joe Demaree a few weeks ago....he stated that most of the guys running this type of injection system had to refill about once per month....but I dont know if those were daily drivers or not? I am sure that now that it has been run for about a week or so by Paul....he could most likely tell you if this looks accurate for daily driver or not>ie....1/4 of the tank/reservior(sp? sorry...not looking it up at this time in the am)used up in a week?
Old 05-14-2006, 05:50 AM
Import and Domestic owner

Originally Posted by RYAN97812
nitrotiger, we'll be at atco tuesday if weathers good but ill have my camaro then, then we'll be at e town on friday and ill have my tl then.
Yea I will be at atco Tuesday night. I want to see Ryan's camaro run, it sounded bad ass. Yea I will be running it tuesday night. Im always down for a good race
Old 05-14-2006, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by bklynpanman
looks nice.. i see you didn't tap the vaccum line from the bypass valve for the boost gauge.. what line did you tap?
I tapped the line in back of the intake manifold. On the second picture, look at the clear line in the back, you can somewhat see it going into the vacumn line on back of the plentum.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
When I was talking with Joe Demaree a few weeks ago....he stated that most of the guys running this type of injection system had to refill about once per month....but I dont know if those were daily drivers or not? I am sure that now that it has been run for about a week or so by Paul....he could most likely tell you if this looks accurate for daily driver or not>ie....1/4 of the tank/reservior(sp? sorry...not looking it up at this time in the am)used up in a week?
I just checked my reservoir and it was empty. I got the install done thursday and we filled the windshield washer reservoir up and on friday I put the rest of the bottle in there. I dont know how long its been empty for but it is empty today. My guess will be fill at every 100 miles of hard driving. I dont think it should be emptying this fast, I will contact snow performance tech to see his take on this. But after going to the gas station and filling it up, it feels faster again.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
why dont you just set it up to spray with a button? so its not spraying all the time.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RYAN97812
nitrotiger, we'll be at atco tuesday if weathers good but ill have my camaro then, then we'll be at e town on friday and ill have my tl then.

Consider me there if your going i hope my clutch will hold up i was going to bring the other ride friday but i need to see this charger against the N/A 6mt. PM we will chat during the week
Old 05-14-2006, 11:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by againstallodds1
Yea I will be at atco Tuesday night. I want to see Ryan's camaro run, it sounded bad ass. Yea I will be running it tuesday night. Im always down for a good race
Will see Atco is a hike for me but Englishtown i am there on friday if you guys are going
Old 05-15-2006, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by Nitrotiger
Will see Atco is a hike for me but Englishtown i am there on friday if you guys are going
Yea we will be going to Englishtown this Friday. I want to go because I never been there before. I heard Atco is a dump compared to Englishtown.

Let me know when you go up to Watkins Glen again and maybe I will be able to go with you guys if it is a week my work schedule isnt all weird.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:13 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

I just checked my reservoir and it was empty. I got the install done thursday and we filled the windshield washer reservoir up and on friday I put the rest of the bottle in there. I dont know how long its been empty for but it is empty today. My guess will be fill at every 100 miles of hard driving. I dont think it should be emptying this fast, I will contact snow performance tech to see his take on this. But after going to the gas station and filling it up, it feels faster again.
Kind of answers it.....probably talking about a trailer queen then that lasts a month on one bottle/fill up. Would make sense if you were just running it down the strip only.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by CleanCL
why dont you just set it up to spray with a button? so its not spraying all the time.
Last night we were talking and he told me to add a switch so it doesnt always spray when I am in boost.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:57 AM
321 whp SAE

Last night we were talking and he told me to add a switch so it doesnt always spray when I am in boost.

hey man.. i'm probably going to put in a switch like that.. how is everything running now? you have it adjusted properly? starting issue gone?
Old 05-15-2006, 09:19 AM
Burning Brakes

Yea we will be going to Englishtown this Friday. I want to go because I never been there before. I heard Atco is a dump compared to Englishtown.

Let me know when you go up to Watkins Glen again and maybe I will be able to go with you guys if it is a week my work schedule isnt all weird.
What time you going the track opens at 5pm the earlier you get there the more runs you will get. they start running at 6pm You have my number call me let me know whats up
Old 05-15-2006, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by bklynpanman
hey man.. i'm probably going to put in a switch like that.. how is everything running now? you have it adjusted properly? starting issue gone?
Everything is good now. Starting issue was only because it was turned up a little too high. It is good now. Easy to adjust. Just keep an eye on the fluid. If you can get PEAK ww fluid -20, that is what I just got and I like it. Sometimes you can even smell it when it is burning.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Nitrotiger
What time you going the track opens at 5pm the earlier you get there the more runs you will get. they start running at 6pm You have my number call me let me know whats up
Definately, ill call you Thursday night and I will be there around 5pm. It sounds like a plan!
Old 05-15-2006, 12:07 PM
JDM Laser Fogs!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I wanna see this MT vs the s/c AT, Nitrotiger- "i believe the 6Mt is as fast as a charger 5AT"
againstallodds1 does have the other mods though... should still be fun to hear the outcome. Keep us updated!

My guess.... 5 speed
Old 05-15-2006, 12:14 PM
Pro

it would be close i think in the 1/4 but i would like to see them run for a 1/2 mile- mile...thats where the S/C would shine i think. Just my
Old 05-15-2006, 12:21 PM
JDM Laser Fogs!

I think the procats and racing slicks should really help out.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It all depends on the tires that NItro has on at the moment. If he has good tires, it should be fairly equal. If he still has his winter tires on, then I might have to give the edge to 5at. Nitro will run at least a 14.0 with decent tire, possibly better if everything is perfect(shifts, 60')
Old 05-15-2006, 12:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
i would be upset if a 6spd vs. blown 5at is faster.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:57 PM
Burning Brakes

From a dead stop the 6pd has a chance to keep up. but from a roll I think the 6mt should take a seat cause an N/A 6mt will not keep up with a blown 5AT from a roll.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:38 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by blktl1
From a dead stop the 6pd has a chance to keep up. but from a roll I think the 6mt should take a seat cause an N/A 6mt will not keep up with a blown 5AT from a roll.
i agree..from a roll on to a 1/2 a mile or so the S/C 5at will walk away i think
Old 05-15-2006, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Acuracy
i agree..from a roll on to a 1/2 a mile or so the S/C 5at will walk away i think
I dont know about from a start either. I pulled a 2.09 60' at best. When I ran 13.75 I pulled a 2.11 60'. I dont think a 6mt can get that low unless he has slicks on. Nitro has a nice MPH though. That is around what I am trapping at. 101 - 102mph. All I need is a bigger trq converter and 6mt will be history. I need someone to get this going. I am going to find that old thread and bring it back from the dead.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:16 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Personally....I think when you talk supercharged TL's....I would rather have an automatic....(as I do). Frankly....it delivers the power a bit cleaner to the street and I do think you can get just as much out of em (as againstallodds has shown us).
Old 05-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Burning Brakes

I dont know about from a start either. I pulled a 2.09 60' at best. When I ran 13.75 I pulled a 2.11 60'. I dont think a 6mt can get that low unless he has slicks on. Nitro has a nice MPH though. That is around what I am trapping at. 101 - 102mph. All I need is a bigger trq converter and 6mt will be history. I need someone to get this going. I am going to find that old thread and bring it back from the dead.
I think you are under estimating the N/A 6MT. I not by all means praising or starting a flaming war(as I am insterested in the outcome as well) but I was able to pull a 13.90 with a 2.2 60' with shitty kumho kh11. with good tires I think it wil be closer than you think. I dont know if hell win but he has a better chance as long as he has good tires. Not down grading the 5At at all but I know that Nitro can drive and If he hooks up he will definately produce good times. by the way maybe I will join you guys at the track that night. When and where are you going. i would like to run it again with some good rubber before I install my charger!
Old 05-15-2006, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by blktl1
I think you are under estimating the N/A 6MT. I not by all means praising or starting a flaming war(as I am insterested in the outcome as well) but I was able to pull a 13.90 with a 2.2 60' with shitty kumho kh11. with good tires I think it wil be closer than you think. I dont know if hell win but he has a better chance as long as he has good tires. Not down grading the 5At at all but I know that Nitro can drive and If he hooks up he will definately produce good times. by the way maybe I will join you guys at the track that night. When and where are you going. i would like to run it again with some good rubber before I install my charger!
We are going Friday at Englishtown. It will be close, but the numbers make me and everyone think what the outcome will be. The best he pulled was 14.01 and my best was 13.75. Just by those numbers I think it will be close. I remember when you guys ran at the track you both ran 14.2's when it was nice and cold out. It is a little warmer out so the cars wont be running as good. I think I have a better chance because with my car I just stomp the gas and I go. A 6mt is a little harder to drive. Well I wont be suprised if I lose, Id like to see. Im guessing I am at around 300whp and he is 262. Trq is probably the same. We will see. Hope to see you there
Old 05-15-2006, 02:35 PM

That will be really cool if you did come. It will be Me (againstallodds1), RYAN97812, NitroTiger, and BLKTL1. We will be representing the 3rd gen TLs. Maybe brklynpanman will come too. More the better. I never ran at englishtown before I am interested in seeing that track, I heard it makes ATCO look like a dump.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:38 PM
Burning Brakes

We are going Friday at Englishtown. It will be close, but the numbers make me and everyone think what the outcome will be. The best he pulled was 14.01 and my best was 13.75. Just by those numbers I think it will be close. I remember when you guys ran at the track you both ran 14.2's when it was nice and cold out. It is a little warmer out so the cars wont be running as good. I think I have a better chance because with my car I just stomp the gas and I go. A 6mt is a little harder to drive. Well I wont be suprised if I lose, Id like to see. Im guessing I am at around 300whp and he is 262. Trq is probably the same. We will see. Hope to see you there

You are right, Your numbers do look alot better as they should. That is your best time. What is your consistency?? Nitro ran the 14.01 when he was stock with just good tires! when se went to the track that day it was the first day of the new surface at englishtown and you basically spun through first cause there was no burnt rubber and ground was too cold for any traction. I am simply stating not to count him out. I am not saying that he will win but I think his times will be much better this time as mine got much better the second time I went! I will see if im free on friday night an will try to join you guys. I want to see what I can run with my good tires on. 300whp and 262whp , yuo have an advantage in that meaning but 6MT gearing is much better than your 5AT. you are correct we will see! yeah I will probably see you there
Old 05-15-2006, 06:14 PM
JDM Laser Fogs!

Mybad, I didnt even see the fact that Nitrotiger has the procats (really dumb, cuz i was checking out his E-shift thread a while ago)... Well I think racing slicks> good tire (Nitto 555) buttttt 6MT>5AT. COME ON S/C !!! hahaha jk. good luck to both of you
Old 05-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Iro Ridg .308

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
make sure to race from a dead stop and from a roll....
Old 05-16-2006, 09:15 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Ah....I will take you all on.....here is my entry....

Ok..ok....just kidding!
Old 05-16-2006, 09:25 AM
Burning Brakes

LOL thats classic!
Old 05-16-2006, 11:51 AM
JDM Laser Fogs!

Hahah Wtf???
Old 05-16-2006, 12:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Ok..ok....just kidding!
Those wheels look like the ronjon Devotions alittle!
Old 05-16-2006, 01:41 PM

I thought the same thing when I seen the pic earlier.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:28 AM
Pro

Hey againstallodds1, those BFG DR you utilize on the track, what tire pressure you typically drop it to? And do you use different wheels on the front or replace tires before/after the track? I'm thinking to use BFG but too bad they only come as wide as 225/45/17 on 17" rims.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by av6ent
Hey againstallodds1, those BFG DR you utilize on the track, what tire pressure you typically drop it to? And do you use different wheels on the front or replace tires before/after the track? I'm thinking to use BFG but too bad they only come as wide as 225/45/17 on 17" rims.
I use them all around. They are actually not bad in the rain. I like them. I keep the tire pressure at 32psi. I dont get any spin at the track or the street with tire pressure that high. They are noisey on the highway though. Try discount tire or tire rack.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:10 PM
Instructor

Ok..ok....just kidding!

gotta get me one of those
Old 05-17-2006, 01:21 PM
300whp 237wtrq

holy crap man.. Just got the car back and drove around for 30 min... lift the hood and it's a sauna in there. I'm gonna need that water/methanol inj kit

have you noticed a difference in the A/F ratio?
Old 05-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Mugen,

how does it feel. Does it feel like a new car or is it just a moderate difference??

Quick Reply: Water injection kit installed