V2 install question

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 09:40 PM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
V2 install question

Bit the bullet, ordered & installed a new AEM V2 (for those wondering I'm now V2, XLR8 j-pipe, mid-muffler deleted) & have a question about the necessity of what seems like a highly unnecessary step in the AEM Installation Instructions for Part # 24-6110, if anyone's intimately familiar ...if not i can easily post pics.

Step g. of "Removal of stock system" instructs to remove the "metal tubing loom, which includes the breather hose, coolant hose and a bracket holding the EVAP service port." Step h. provides more elaboration on the process. Then step b. of "Installation of AEM intake system" instructs to "Install the provided 5/16 hose where the factory coolant line was removed" and step i. instructs to "Install the supplied 1/2 breather hose..."

This seems very unnecessary. Is there any real reason for pulling out the metal loom and rerouting the coolant hose? I simply reconnected the hose for the breather to the breather outlet on the AEM pipe. In other words I just returned it to the stock set up only connected to the AEM pipe instead of the stock air intake. The thing seems like a crazy piece of AEM over-engineering. Am I missing something?

thx
Old 05-12-2017, 09:32 AM
Safety Car

Received 992 Likes on 748 Posts
I personally think it cleans things up a little bit. You can do what ever you'd like. Hope the intake suits your needs!