Tsudo CatBack

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Majofo
You gain way more if you paint them in or tape it in.. trust me.

+400 awhp!..

Im gonna wait till I get rust on my car then paint cool decals on it lol
Old 09-03-2009, 01:18 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thats funny
Old 09-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Chapter Leader (NorCal)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hey Johnny! whereabouts are you in Cali? If you're in or around San Jose, like to peek your car up close. I'm wanting to fix up my 2006 Acura TL as well.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:10 PM
Advanced

Im in LA. U should get this exhaust. Im happy with it.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Chapter Leader (NorCal)

Originally Posted by johnny911
Im in LA. U should get this exhaust. Im happy with it.
Glad you like it. I'm just concerned that it's too droney in the cabin. If it's a nice low drone, i can deal with that. I just don't want to sound like an annoying lawn mower that's all. Your thoughts?
Old 09-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Advanced

It's not droney at all. It has very nice low drone from 1500 to 2500 rpm, after that you dont feel a thing(it gets quiet after 2500 rpm)
Old 09-19-2009, 05:09 AM
Chapter Leader (NorCal)

Originally Posted by johnny911
It's not droney at all. It has very nice low drone from 1500 to 2500 rpm, after that you dont feel a thing(it gets quiet after 2500 rpm)
awesome! thanks for the feedback. You've been a great help!
Old 09-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Chapter Leader (NorCal)

ok we just bought ours. They're having a sale for $399 w/free shipping till 9/30/09
Old 11-24-2009, 11:40 AM
a baller

I just bought had this exhaust and couldnt be more happy. The fitting was a little tight, the shop had to head up the piping leading to the left muffler and bent it in just about a half inch, the muffler was pushing against that plastic liner around the tip.

It sounds great and there is little to no drone. Everyone at the shop was amazed I got it for $400.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:20 PM
9 mpg.

Received 306 Likes on 249 Posts
So, I just read 4 pages of this and have come to the conclusion that I am still undecided.. This exhaust is probably the only one I can actually afford without digging myself in a hole but, is there anyway to make it a tad louder like people do with the OEM cat-back? I'm torn between doing the stage 3 OEM set-up with a dynomax resonator or getting this Tsudo catback.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Type-DM 2004 TL
So, I just read 4 pages of this and have come to the conclusion that I am still undecided.. This exhaust is probably the only one I can actually afford without digging myself in a hole but, is there anyway to make it a tad louder like people do with the OEM cat-back? I'm torn between doing the stage 3 OEM set-up with a dynomax resonator or getting this Tsudo catback.
i guess it depends if you just want sound or sound and alittle bit of performance...
Old 01-08-2010, 07:17 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
custom FTW !!!!

reuse your old piping....get mandrel bends....reuse mufflers/tips/....remove stock mid muffler and resonator....just throw an aftermarket resonator in there....the y split replace with a true y split....replace 3rd cat with resonated test pipe....

so lets see:
test pipe $100
mandrels bends and tru y pipe - $125
labor $100
delete mid muffler and resonator

$325 ur done....and then if you dont like the sound....add a resonator....

you have more money to play with get ur own 2.5" piping

you have more money to play with get precats

and for some more money u can have jpipe
Old 01-08-2010, 09:02 PM
9 mpg.

Originally Posted by HigdonTL05
i guess it depends if you just want sound or sound and alittle bit of performance...
What's bark with no bite? lol. And btw, your car looks clean as hell in your avi. I'm seriously considering replacing my rims with stockies (2 are cracked) and just dropping it. Looking at your avi, I can't justify spending an arm and a leg on an a-spec kit and rims if the TL can look clean stock just with a drop.

Originally Posted by swoosh
custom FTW !!!!

reuse your old piping....get mandrel bends....reuse mufflers/tips/....remove stock mid muffler and resonator....just throw an aftermarket resonator in there....the y split replace with a true y split....replace 3rd cat with resonated test pipe....

so lets see:
test pipe $100
mandrels bends and tru y pipe - $125
labor $100
delete mid muffler and resonator

$325 ur done....and then if you dont like the sound....add a resonator....

you have more money to play with get ur own 2.5" piping

you have more money to play with get precats

and for some more money u can have jpipe
Hmm..I want a deeper, throatier growl. I already have aftermarket mufflers/tips welded on and my intake resonator deleted. I can make this simple and just get the Tsudo or I could do a custom set up i.e. ^^ I just want it to be worth the money in the end. What are the pros of the custom set-up vs just installing the cat-back as is? And yeah, I plan on getting a j-pipe at some point. I really want some low-end so I can mess with those G's/Z's.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:21 AM

the pros of a custom are simple....u know what u have and u can alter the sound according to ur needs....as in u get to pick the length of the resonator....the specs of the muffler and also the tips u need....and the setup is comparatively cheaper !!!

getting a tsudo is a different story since its already so cheap....so u cant go wayyy to wrong....if u dont like the sound, add/delete a resonator and ur good to go !!!
Old 01-09-2010, 11:01 AM
9 mpg.

the pros of a custom are simple....u know what u have and u can alter the sound according to ur needs....as in u get to pick the length of the resonator....the specs of the muffler and also the tips u need....and the setup is comparatively cheaper !!!

getting a tsudo is a different story since its already so cheap....so u cant go wayyy to wrong....if u dont like the sound, add/delete a resonator and ur good to go !!!
I actually like the idea of putting together a custom set-up, but I'm intimidated lol.

As far as the tsudo, do you mean I could add on like a dynomax resonator to manipulate the sound?

Thanks for the help so far dude.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:24 AM
9 mpg.

Sh*t, I forgot to ask; How are performance gains with a custom set-up (like the above) vs a cat-back like the tsudo? If there are any at all?
Old 01-09-2010, 12:02 PM

yes by adding a resonator you can modify the sound....

well am doing a true dual exhaust....if you need more insight in what am doing or more knowledge on the subject check:

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-performance-parts-modifications-112/going-custom-exhaust-all-way-need-help-754624/

Also the max gains will come from precats/jpipe....getting a tsudo will give u some gains over ur stock exhaust and modifying the tsudo might or might not give u any gains....

when i say custom i mean something like going true dual....or custom jpipe....check the thread above for loads of other info....
Old 01-09-2010, 12:33 PM
9 mpg.

yes by adding a resonator you can modify the sound....

Also the max gains will come from precats/jpipe....getting a tsudo will give u some gains over ur stock exhaust and modifying the tsudo might or might not give u any gains....

when i say custom i mean something like going true dual....or custom jpipe....check the thread above for loads of other info....
Personally, I don't think I'm ready for an all custom set-up yet. This is just my daily driver, so I just want a little bit more uumph. So, for me it's either the $420 tsudo cat-back or the ~$150 stage 3 OEM (I already have aftermarket tips/muflers). In your opinion, do you think that the tsudo's gains are enough to notice and justify the extra $270? I will be adding a CAI, P2R TBS, and J-Pipe in that order after the exhaust is done.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Personally, I don't think I'm ready for an all custom set-up yet. This is just my daily driver, so I just want a little bit more uumph. So, for me it's either the $420 tsudo cat-back or the ~$150 stage 3 OEM (I already have aftermarket tips/muflers). In your opinion, do you think that the tsudo's gains are enough to notice and justify the extra $270? I will be adding a CAI, P2R TBS, and J-Pipe in that order after the exhaust is done.
thanks for the comment now i have a front lip and it looks 100x better, i would get the tsudo if you plan on getting all that other stuff to complement everything, btw do you have a pic of your cars rear im curious to see the aftermarket mufflers and tips!
Old 01-09-2010, 08:55 PM

my car is my daily driver as well and hence am not going the turbo route....but i need her to be fast and sound great....so instead of spending $300 (precats) + $400 (jpipe) + $100 (test pipe) + $800 (ATLP or XLR8 catback or greddy, coz other systems just dont show u the gains) am going the custom route which will yield me more gains for less amount of $$$ i spend !!!

but since ur already going this route this is what you could do....you could get the CAI, P2R TBS, Precats($300), MDX Spacer($50), Jpipe, 3rd Cat Delete ($100)....so u will spend less than the tsudo and see way more gains and spend less money !!!

Later you can get ur 2.5" piping with mandrel bends (should be less than $200) and add ur muffler and tips....so leave the catback as it is coz tsudo wont give you enough bite....just bark....

have u considered precats ???
Old 01-10-2010, 03:04 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by aznbo187
These are NOT magnaflow mufflers. Even if private label Magnaflow mufflers were used expect the pricing to almost double, I guarantee it. Every system has it's peaks and weaknesses. The few systems we have for our TL's in the past were in the more expensive range of the spectrum. This system just caters to a different group of people. Some people are very detail specific and care about fitment, finish, and quality, where others don't. I'm one that does, I just feel that if it's going to look "cheaper" than stock and have worse fitment..then why bother? I think the point of individualizing cars has lost its purpose and people are just modding for the sake of adding more names to their list, than realizing why they wanted it in the first place. To put things into perspective, the RAW cost of our systems is at LEAST double of this systems listing price. That doesn't include any of the labor and shop time involved. Lastly, the TL is a pinnacle to luxury for the Acura line up. Don't go out and ruin that.
You mean pinnacle of TSB's.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:10 AM
9 mpg.

Originally Posted by HigdonTL05
thanks for the comment now i have a front lip and it looks 100x better, i would get the tsudo if you plan on getting all that other stuff to complement everything, btw do you have a pic of your cars rear im curious to see the aftermarket mufflers and tips!
Ehh, I think the TL looks clean with or without the front lip. But more power to ya' if you have the money to get one! haha . Yeah..right now it looks like I'm picking up the Tsudo as a whole (60% Tsudo / 40% Custom Set-up). But who knows, I could change my mind once I finally have the money in hand.
Oh and here's a link to my thread, it should show the TL with the aftermarket tips/mufflers. https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-photograph-gallery-96/little-time-line-757597/ *If you want more pics just ask.

my car is my daily driver as well ....but i need her to be fast and sound great...

...you could get the CAI, P2R TBS, Precats($300), MDX Spacer($50), Jpipe, 3rd Cat Delete ($100)....so u will spend less than the tsudo and see way more gains and spend less money !!!

Later you can get ur 2.5" piping with mandrel bends (should be less than $200) and add ur muffler and tips....so leave the catback as it is coz tsudo wont give you enough bite....just bark....

have u considered precats ???
Whoa! that's a lot to think about, like I said above, right now the odds are in favor of the tsudo but who knows what could happen. I want more of a deeper tone, but I don't want it to be meaningless. You know? As far as the performance aspect of this car, all I've considered this far are;
- Fujita F5 CAI
- P2R TBS (assuming there's no clashing between this and the CAI)
- A Cat-back or stage 3 exhaust
- *Possibly a J-pipe
And no, I haven't considered pre-cat deletes.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:06 AM
Pro

If you want more umph, get the UD pully and/or jpipe.