Thoughts on this setup?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thoughts on this setup?

So after doing some intense research, i think a good exhaust setup for me in my area would be, some hfpc, then an atlp j-pipe, another high flo cat, then a full altp catback with quad tips. Some questions i have are,

- Does anyone have this setup?

- Has anyone been to a dyno with something close to this?

- Do you think i will have any trouble at all passing emissions?

The high flo cats aren't cheap but im willing to put the extra money in to save some work in the future. im not a big fan of swapping my whole exhaust for an emissions test so they seem like a good compromise. As for the j-pipe, does that even effect your emissions? Ive read its completely legal, but im not sure if that's true when you start combining it with other mods.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:35 PM
KingKong_Dav

Received 83 Likes on 74 Posts
Smile

ive tried some exhaust setups...

i never did a dyno run but my ass speaks for it.

the atlp jpipe is the legal one u speak of

rv6 doesnt sell a hf 3rd cat but atlp/xlr8 does.

the only jpipes on the market that doesnt delete the 3rd cat is atlp and excelerate.

but the only company that makes a high flow pre cat is RV6. he is king for this. it is thick and solid with bomb ass welds. he uses magna flow metallic cores but the casting are real Real nice. i think a lot people pass smog with metal cats but i dunno for sure. all i know is check out rv6 for precat options and atlp for jpipe options. good luck.

small gains with the jpipe, trust me, u need the whole 9 yards to feel the difference.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you do Pre cat deletes you will be illegal but hfpc are legal but it depends on the state and that setup sounds good but I am not a fan of the ATLP quad tips but thats just me also if your gonna have so much flow going out I recommend getting a cold air intake if you dont already have one to get some air in
Old 10-17-2012, 09:49 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kingkong_dav
ive tried some exhaust setups...

i never did a dyno run but my ass speaks for it.

the atlp jpipe is the legal one u speak of

rv6 doesnt sell a hf 3rd cat but atlp/xlr8 does.

the only jpipes on the market that doesnt delete the 3rd cat is atlp and excelerate.

but the only company that makes a high flow pre cat is RV6. he is king for this. it is thick and solid with bomb ass welds. he uses magna flow metallic cores but the casting are real Real nice. i think a lot people pass smog with metal cats but i dunno for sure. all i know is check out rv6 for precat options and atlp for jpipe options. good luck.

small gains with the jpipe, trust me, u need the whole 9 yards to feel the difference.
Ill definitely take that into consideration. Thanks a lot man

Originally Posted by Sterling McDaniel
If you do Pre cat deletes you will be illegal but hfpc are legal but it depends on the state and that setup sounds good but I am not a fan of the ATLP quad tips but thats just me also if your gonna have so much flow going out I recommend getting a cold air intake if you dont already have one to get some air in
I love the quad tips, but like you said, its just me. And I completely agree with you about the CAI, i just purposely didn't mention any other modification because im trying to keep this focused on the exhaust. Thanks anyway dude
The following users liked this post:
kingkong_dav (10-17-2012)
Old 10-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,120 Likes on 893 Posts
Your set up seems fine just check your state emissions to see what pass and not.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by EvilVirus
Your set up seems fine just check your state emissions to see what pass and not.
Thanks dude, and i will