For those with aftermarket CAI"s....

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 04:05 AM
Iro Ridg .308

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
For those with aftermarket CAI"s....

Do you find yourself refilling at the pump more often? Just installed mine and can't believe how much gas I went through, but it sounds bad as hell!
Old 07-25-2005, 10:14 AM
Drifting

Received 113 Likes on 69 Posts
Theoretically, with a cold air intake, you should be burning more efficiantly, and there for have better gas mileage... your more frequent trips to the pump are probably more caused by the fact that you want to hear the intake more, and therefore push the pedal more. If you drive normally though, you should see an increase in milage.

Oh and also, give the ECU time to learn the new settings.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:42 AM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by te3point5
Theoretically, with a cold air intake, you should be burning more efficiantly, and there for have better gas mileage... your more frequent trips to the pump are probably more caused by the fact that you want to hear the intake more, and therefore push the pedal more. If you drive normally though, you should see an increase in milage.

Oh and also, give the ECU time to learn the new settings.

You hit the nail right on the head, actually with my CAI my gas milage is comparable to my previous RSX-S which as we all know it's a 4 banger....saying that I don't go over 3K hardly ever.....just smooth shifting to cruising speed...
Old 07-25-2005, 02:06 PM
G.O.A.T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah man with an intake, when you hit v-tec that sound is addicting (well to me atleast)haha so that is why your probably making frequent stops to the gas station....i know i am too
Old 07-26-2005, 10:09 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
22 mpg here combo city/hwy resonable driving. Spirited driving puts be below 20 all the time.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:43 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by special-ed
Do you find yourself refilling at the pump more often? Just installed mine and can't believe how much gas I went through, but it sounds bad as hell!

Perhaps that is because you can't keep your foot off the gas-- just so you can hear the new "roar"-- I actually noticed my highway MPG went UP a wee bit. But you're right I use more fuel around town-- I think it is because I letting the RPM stay up much longer than the full auto mode . . . I think the reason/problem for the decline in MPG is not the CAI/CAS-- it is between the seat and steering wheel.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:48 PM
I slow down for COPS

Originally Posted by Rick-H
Perhaps that is because you can't keep your foot off the gas-- just so you can hear the new "roar"-- I actually noticed my highway MPG went UP a wee bit. But you're right I use more fuel around town-- I think it is because I letting the RPM stay up much longer than the full auto mode . . . I think the reason/problem for the decline in MPG is not the CAI/CAS-- it is between the seat and steering wheel.
Exactly.

My fuel economy went up, until I fell in love with the roar.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:11 AM
Iro Ridg .308

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick-H

Yeah, that's a no-brainer there. I mos def know that's the cause for decline in MPG because my ass is getting addicted to that VTEC roar. I was actually just curious to find out if anyone had the discipline to keep their foot off the pedal!