supercharger by RIPP Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh yea, that sounds great, so i guess its in the works then...
Old 02-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Ahhh shit here comes 100whp safe i hope
Old 02-02-2006, 01:06 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AWESOME! I'll be anxiously waiting to hear about the progress...!
Old 02-02-2006, 07:58 AM
Burning Brakes

If your going to go charger this is the way togo for sure
Old 02-02-2006, 09:16 AM
321 whp SAE

I might think about waiting for Ripp now. Only thing is 100whp is hard to believe with our compression. Everything said about this now is speculation. Nobody has any idea what their setup on our car would produce. love the look of the vortech blower..
Old 02-02-2006, 09:46 AM
Burning Brakes

Yea if i do this ithis is what i am going to wait for after some good testing. i am not concern with the emssions just the safety of my vechicle. because there is no way your going to pass emmsions with this thing. we have 4 yr stickers who cares
Old 02-02-2006, 10:00 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bklynpanman
I might think about waiting for Ripp now. Only thing is 100whp is hard to believe with our compression. Everything said about this now is speculation. Nobody has any idea what their setup on our car would produce. love the look of the vortech blower..
So what’s ur real reason for selling your comptech s/c if your going to buy ripp one later on if they come out with it? Did you find out the problem with the s/c yet? I just want to make sure im buying a good working s/c without any problems.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:38 AM
321 whp SAE

Originally Posted by b15turbo
So what’s ur real reason for selling your comptech s/c if your going to buy ripp one later on if they come out with it? Did you find out the problem with the s/c yet? I just want to make sure im buying a good working s/c without any problems.
what do you mean my "real" reason. there is nothing wrong the supercharger itself. the issue is a fuel issue.. it's at the shop today, I will keep you updated and let you know what the result is. hang tight man. i'm not going to sell anything bad. if it were bad, it will go back to comptech
Old 02-02-2006, 11:03 AM
Intermediate

sounds good.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
what do you mean my "real" reason. there is nothing wrong the supercharger itself. the issue is a fuel issue.. it's at the shop today, I will keep you updated and let you know what the result is. hang tight man. i'm not going to sell anything bad. if it were bad, it will go back to comptech

I thought you were getting married or engaged...needed money...wasn;t that your initial post. Just trying to clarify...I think thats what bi5turbo was getting at. Just a lil fishy cause now you are gonna drop more money on the ripp supercharger.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:31 PM
321 whp SAE

Originally Posted by audi_to_TL
I thought you were getting married or engaged...needed money...wasn;t that your initial post. Just trying to clarify...I think thats what bi5turbo was getting at. Just a lil fishy cause now you are gonna drop more money on the ripp supercharger.
what are you a private I ? I said what I said and that's it. I didn't know i wasn't allowed to think about the RIPP charger down the road. that's what I hate about this site, but for some reason I still surf it and post on it. People like you. and don't say you're just looking out for people's interests.. If you have a problem, PM me..
Old 02-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Racer

what are you a private I ? I said what I said and that's it. I didn't know i wasn't allowed to think about the RIPP charger down the road. that's what I hate about this site, but for some reason I still surf it and post on it. People like you. and don't say you're just looking out for people's interests.. If you have a problem, PM me..
Just wondering, I've pmed you about it, haven't received a response. Did you want a deposit or what?
Old 02-03-2006, 02:27 AM
Does anyone read this

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Dude just relax
Old 02-03-2006, 04:52 AM
321 whp SAE

Originally Posted by Donte99TL
Dude just relax
i'm from jersey i can't relax. maybe if i lived in san diego.. hmm
Old 02-03-2006, 11:51 AM
9th Gear

Please, just stay on topic here....

RIPPMODS
Old 02-03-2006, 12:00 PM
Import and Domestic owner

RIPP can you give us an estimate around how long this will take? Going on your past vehicles that you provided the charger for. 6 months, 1,2 years?
Old 02-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Does anyone read this

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i'm from jersey i can't relax. maybe if i lived in san diego.. hmm
Well if you ever in San Diego you got a place to chill.

RIPP thanks for doing this for us. It's always good to have a choice when it comes to performance parts.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:48 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by againstallodds1
RIPP can you give us an estimate around how long this will take? Going on your past vehicles that you provided the charger for. 6 months, 1,2 years?
yes, that would help out allot for me know so i can arrange my money little better. I’m ready to buy it now .lol
Old 02-03-2006, 01:06 PM
321 whp SAE

Originally Posted by Donte99TL
Well if you ever in San Diego you got a place to chill.

RIPP thanks for doing this for us. It's always good to have a choice when it comes to performance parts.
i'll hold you to that
Old 02-03-2006, 03:24 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
Please, just stay on topic here....

RIPPMODS
I truely dont think they understood RIPP....this thread has been stomped on so bad it no longer even resembles what it should. Its more of a Whats wrong with Comptech and Comptech supercharger than RIPP....heck...there is even a comptech question and response here? Note....when a thread is titled Supercharger by Ripp Modification.....one should probably take the comptech and personal S/C issues related to comptech, unless dealing with RIPP or a direct comparison to RIPP or something...to another thread. Better yet....RIPP....this thread is so stomped now....you may as well start a new one?

Not that I am the Jesus of all here....but just my opionion? I just dont see what the buying/selling of a CT S/C'er and the CT Jerking issues have anything whatsoever to do with RIPP or this thread (originally...unfortunately it had turned to one of the several threads on the sale and issue of somebodys CT supercharger and now to scheduling sleepovers?)
Old 02-03-2006, 03:54 PM
Pro

Yeah, I keep getting excited about the 'new post' notification in my e-mail thinking ripp has made some more progress. Then i read it.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:56 PM
321 whp SAE

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
I truely dont think they understood RIPP....this thread has been stomped on so bad it no longer even resembles what it should. Its more of a Whats wrong with Comptech and Comptech supercharger than RIPP....heck...there is even a comptech question and response here? Note....when a thread is titled Supercharger by Ripp Modification.....one should probably take the comptech and personal S/C issues related to comptech, unless dealing with RIPP or a direct comparison to RIPP or something...to another thread. Better yet....RIPP....this thread is so stomped now....you may as well start a new one?

Not that I am the Jesus of all here....but just my opionion? I just dont see what the buying/selling of a CT S/C'er and the CT Jerking issues have anything whatsoever to do with RIPP or this thread (originally...unfortunately it had turned to one of the several threads on the sale and issue of somebodys CT supercharger and now to scheduling sleepovers?)

woah slow down boy. you take this way tooo seriously.. it's a forum.. people get off topic on EVERY THREAD!!! why don't you go police the 100's of other threads on here, if that makes you feel good.. If you want this RIPP charger so bad and get pissed at the off topic comments, then take a break for about 6 months or more.. that's how long you're going to have to wait for meaningful information anyway. Either that or get up off your chair, go to the fridge, and get a nice cold beer!!
Old 02-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
GD Mike, who do you think you are, always telling people what to do, throwing your opinion into everything, etc...geez!!

Oh, wait, you're the guy who's right! Well, at least this time...and the part about scheduling sleepovers was hilarious!
Old 02-03-2006, 04:36 PM
"Joe Cool"

Originally Posted by mrsteve
Additionally...

Guys who are interested in 100+whp increases need to be aware that those power levels make it nearly impossible to go WOT in 1st gear; especially for the manual transmission guys.

If the TL was available with the SH-AWD system in the RL I'd be all over it and all over a 100whp increase but right now with the current drive train I just want you all to be aware of what to expect.

Mr. Steve I can only assume because no one has yet to correct you on your opinions stated thus far that you know your Shit!

All I can say........... "You the man"

And I don't know all that much about the technical stuff, but being a little older I have some wisdom (limited as it may be) gained through life experience.
IMHO you nailed it right on the head.

I don't think this platform can handle all that power. To spend 5K and not get the full potential out of it seems a bit much to me.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:34 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
woah slow down boy. you take this way tooo seriously.. it's a forum.. people get off topic on EVERY THREAD!!! why don't you go police the 100's of other threads on here, if that makes you feel good.. If you want this RIPP charger so bad and get pissed at the off topic comments, then take a break for about 6 months or more.. that's how long you're going to have to wait for meaningful information anyway. Either that or get up off your chair, go to the fridge, and get a nice cold beer!!

okay guys lets just respect RIPP and keep this on topic..
Old 02-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
If you have a problem, PM me..
clean out your inbox. I got one waiting..
Old 02-03-2006, 06:51 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by Nitrotiger
If your going to go charger this is the way togo for sure

Really? How so? All they have done is started gathering data from the wiring schematics and the ECU.

Why do people keep putting all their faith in a kit that has hardly begun development?
Old 02-03-2006, 08:55 PM
321 whp SAE

Originally Posted by trancemission
clean out your inbox. I got one waiting..

i'm shaking
Old 02-04-2006, 08:50 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

#1 - Panman, I have washrags older than you...so please give me the respect of addressing me by my name.

#2 - I am not policing anything whatsoever....just saying the same thing that a few other have already mentioned, that you are wasting lots of peoples time posting off topic. If I am not mistaken, you already have a thread or two going about the supercharger probs you have been having....which honestly, I do believe people are very interested in, but again....off topic for this thread? When we see a response in our email box and go here to check it....9 chances out of 10 it has been a post that is off topic here.....thats all I am saying...and I think this has been validated by a few others.

#3 - I have no desire to argue with a younger person (aka...kid) who apparently needs to do some growing up.....we cant help that you bought a supercharger and then got your butt beaten by your girlfriend because you didnt spend that money on a ring.....next time I would suggest checking with her first...if thats an issue?

#4 - you are correct...it takes time to develop and produce a new product. Ripp is working on this for the 3G owners, and this is great. BUT....if we did come back here in 6 months to check...what are we gonna learn? Well...it seems to me that we will learn all about the fuel cutoff problems we had with your CT supercharger and all about a new friendship and sleepoever that you had with another AZ member. While both riveting information....again....probably better left for another thread or better yet...start a unique thread specifically about this/these issues.

#5 - If I were you...I would start paying some respect around here to people who deserve it...aka moderators?.....before you get a vacation from the community or get a "time out" to think about it for a while....then you might realize that you were depending on this community and the people here to ....lets see....buy your supercharger?

#6 - Since you went there and your right...it is a public forum.....let me tell anybody who is gonna pay $3000 for a USED supercharger that you have had past/current issues with...that you can get a new one from AofE for $3850? Thats only $850 more to work with brand new stuff with no history of problem....? Seems like a better idea to me...but just my opinion? I might suggest repricing it or might suggest the buyer continue to negotiate? Now....doesnt PM's to discuss this sound better now? JMO..
Old 02-04-2006, 08:55 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

i'm shaking
Now that is WAY out of line.....you are begging for some act right from the mods....I might reconsider your line and direction of comments there Bklynpanman....your gonna get yourself in trouble.

Back to the thread we were talking about stomping on and back to the topic at hand...I hear you are now thinking about checking out the RIPP charger when it gets developed....what brought you to this decision?
Old 02-04-2006, 09:30 AM
321 whp SAE

Now that is WAY out of line.....you are begging for some act right from the mods....I might reconsider your line and direction of comments there Bklynpanman....your gonna get yourself in trouble.

Back to the thread we were talking about stomping on and back to the topic at hand...I hear you are now thinking about checking out the RIPP charger when it gets developed....what brought you to this decision?
You have some issues buddy.. I'm not the "kid" you think I am. 27? don't think i'm a kid anymore. You don't know me, so don't judge me. In my opinion, you take this site way too seriously. You spent just a little bit too much time on that last post trying to be funny and bashing me for no reason.. I hope you get your problems resolved. On a serious note. 3k would be a steal for the charger. It's mint. The problem was with the "stock" fuel pressure regulator. It's irrelevant now. I'm keeping the charger jerking and all. I can't say to you "if I see you on the road, check out my tailpipes" you're too far away. Wow I need to go pack my sleepover stuff.. good talking to you
Old 02-04-2006, 09:39 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

You have some issues buddy.. I'm not the "kid" you think I am. 27? don't think i'm a kid anymore. You don't know me, so don't judge me. In my opinion, you take this site way too seriously. You spent just a little bit too much time on that last post trying to be funny and bashing me for no reason.. I hope you get your problems resolved. On a serious note. 3k would be a steal for the charger. It's mint. The problem was with the "stock" fuel pressure regulator. It's irrelevant now. I'm keeping the charger jerking and all. I can't say to you "if I see you on the road, check out my tailpipes" you're too far away. Wow I need to go pack my sleepover stuff.. good talking to you
You too! But again....back to the RIPP unit....think you missed the point of all this banter....
Old 02-04-2006, 03:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mrsteve
Really? How so? All they have done is started gathering data from the wiring schematics and the ECU.

Why do people keep putting all their faith in a kit that has hardly begun development?
Judging from the past cars done with a votrec S/C they have allso made 100whp it's a better charger all together.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would take the Comptech s/c over the Ripp s/c any day. The have far more experience with Acuras and Hondas.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:24 PM
ITL
I do my own work.

Originally Posted by dan.....k
I would take the Comptech s/c over the Ripp s/c any day. The have far more experience with Acuras and Hondas.
and don't forget the warranty...

CT IS certified aftermarket for Acura. What's RIPP's warranty like?
Old 02-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Intermediate

If CT is so great why can't they fix their problem???????
Old 02-04-2006, 11:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by b15turbo
If CT is so great why can't they fix their problem???????
Everyone is having problems with drive by wire. I think Ripp will have their problems too.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:31 PM
Racer

I don't mind my TL in it's current state of n/a form although I'd love to be f/i. I'm very impressed with the comptech's set up however I'm patient enough to wait and see how RIPPs vortech turns out. I'd like to stay away from a roots style blower if possible since I don't find myself driving around wanting the TL's front wheel drive to have that extra power at low rpm's. A centrifigal (sp) type blower that gives me max power at max rpm's seems more fun to drive when using that extra power, almost like a turbo feel w/o the lag surge. My opinion is a bit bias as far as blown honda's are concerned since I'm coming from a 2000 civic SI with a roots style blower from Jackson Racing, and a 1999 Prelude with the same type of blower from JR also, and a 2002 S2000 with a comptech centrifigal type blower, and I'll have to mention my fully built 1998 integra with a GT35R but that's a whole different ball game. All are very fun but if I had both types of blowers (roots and centrifigal) sitting in front of me to choose from for my TL I'd initially look to pick the centrifigal even though I won't be dissapointed if I find a roots under my hood. Bottom line is the decision factor for me is the tune. Tune is drivability to me as the driver, tune is reliability to the TL which goes hand in hand with longevity, tune is compatibility of the blower to the TL. I hate to say it but my decision lies all in the tune and really this is what I'm waiting to see how this issue turns out with RIPP. Now that i've seen comptech's and granted it's not perfect in my eyes, it does allow the TL to be boosted and not to mention is they're the only ones at this time, I'll wait to see the result of Ripps and whoever else may develop one to make a decision on which to go with or if to go with any at all.

(Still won't be faster than than the SRT-8 Grand Cherokee my 'other half' wants and I'm not sure how i feel about her driving something faster than my daily, lol.)
Old 02-06-2006, 08:17 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ITL
and don't forget the warranty...

CT IS certified aftermarket for Acura.
what does this mean? Acura will not warranty inernal engine components w/ a Comptech supercharger installed. don't kid yourself. there is no such thing as "certified aftermarket". it either has a Honda part number and is sold by the dealer w/ a warranty, or it doesn't.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:50 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by mbwmn
Acura will not warranty internal engine components w/ a Comptech supercharger installed. don't kid yourself. there is no such thing as "certified aftermarket". it either has a Honda part number and is sold by the dealer w/ a warranty, or it doesn't.
True dat!

Comptech stuff has a "manufacturer warrantee"...meaning CT will warrant the CT part....and Acura would likely void your warrantee on whatever else is broken as a result of the installation of the CT supercharger. Now the dealer can BS the paperwork and not mention this or that...but this would be rare in our area anyway....as they dont sell CT parts at my Acura dealership...so they are not likely to have gotten into any proceeds from the install work to motivate them to use their descretionary powers or get creative in their paperwork.

So the RIPP unit would likely carry about the same risk as the CT unit....as I am sure RIPP would carry about the same level of warrantee as CT does. They warrant their part....not your motor. Most if not all performance parts fall into this category.

Quick Reply: supercharger by RIPP Modifications