SC Tune Needed?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 08:41 AM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Opel
a spaceship you're running there lol
all those things are cool though...being able to log and pull out info.

Im at a stale right now..im on the verge, and have been for quiet some time now, about upgrading the fuel system and getting the F/IC so i can run the 9 psi pulley.. its been a fight in my head between this and just getting the turbo!
If i did get the turbo, getting the fuel system upgraded and the F/IC would be pointless, since all that stuff comes with the turbo kit.
But if i completely decide to stay with the SC for now, then the next step is injectors, fuel pump and F/IC.
Right now my fuel is maxed at 6.5 psi, and methanol is making up for some of it.
Ive been able to afford running untuned, or in other worlds with the CT ACM, due to the fact that im running lower CR on forged pistons.
Otherwise I would've blown this motor too lol.

so i will see in the near future..either break into 400s Whp with the mp62 blower and keep it that way, or go turbo and boost the living crap of this motor!
another issue..pointless to make any additional power when my clutch isn't holding what i already have ..so i gotta address that too..goddamn $$$$ lol

stuck in a 4-way intersection with a blinking light, not knowing which way to go lol
Haha. It definitely felt like I was wiring half of a spaceship at first. Took me a while to get out of the mode of staring at all of the wires like a deer in headlights and actually dig in and hammer through it.

I'd really love to see you stick with the S/C setup a little longer and push the envelope that much further. If nothing else, pickup the turbo later and I'll buy the injectors and fuel pump off of you. You'd have no problem off-loading the F/IC setup I have a feeling.

Out of curiosity, where did you source the 9lb pulley? Do the pulleys off of other CT setups bolt on to the mp62?
Old 11-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Need some help...

So here's the story. I bought the High Boost Pulley, RSX Type S Injectors and the AEM F/IC. I also bought a new slave cylinder and the braided line for the clutch.

I need my car in the mornings to drop off the kids/and to go to work so the plan was to install the slave cylinder, braided line and HPB on day one. I would then drop off the car next Tuesday to do the injectors and AEM.

I picked up the car yesterday and something is not running right. The shop was saying that even without the supercharger or methanol, the car wasn't right. They mentioned it may be the plugs or even the coils.

I had taken the car out and it's surging a lot now...not all the time but more than usual. I downshifted from 4th and went WOT (not the smartest thing to do knowing there was something wrong ) and the RPM wouldn't go past 5k RPM. This doesn happen all the time...just that time. I went past 6k without issues before and after. I swear I read this issue before but couldn't find it.

Anyways, I still have the Tuesday appointment. Any suggestions?? Go ahead with AEM and injector install and hope that's it or find and deal with the issue first?
Old 11-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by apnorm
So here's the story. I bought the High Boost Pulley, RSX Type S Injectors and the AEM F/IC. I also bought a new slave cylinder and the braided line for the clutch.

I need my car in the mornings to drop off the kids/and to go to work so the plan was to install the slave cylinder, braided line and HPB on day one. I would then drop off the car next Tuesday to do the injectors and AEM.

I picked up the car yesterday and something is not running right. The shop was saying that even without the supercharger or methanol, the car wasn't right. They mentioned it may be the plugs or even the coils.

I had taken the car out and it's surging a lot now...not all the time but more than usual. I downshifted from 4th and went WOT (not the smartest thing to do knowing there was something wrong ) and the RPM wouldn't go past 5k RPM. This doesn happen all the time...just that time. I went past 6k without issues before and after. I swear I read this issue before but couldn't find it.

Anyways, I still have the Tuesday appointment. Any suggestions?? Go ahead with AEM and injector install and hope that's it or find and deal with the issue first?
when it hit the 5k mark and didnt rev past it...did it trigger any lights? cel, vsa, abs? anything at all... check your motor oil level
Old 11-21-2009, 11:39 AM
Burning Brakes

when it hit the 5k mark and didnt rev past it...did it trigger any lights? cel, vsa, abs? anything at all... check your motor oil level
No lights. I've never had any issues with oil but will check anyways. I'm leaving work in a 1/2 hour so I'll check then.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Oil was fine. The car was smoother on the way home so I went just past 6k no problem. Sure is fun when it's running fine. I need to figure out what's going on. Do you think it has anything to do with the coils?

I'm still planning on intalling F/IC and injectors tuesday.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
wait...u ran the HBP straight up, without the F/IC? if so, ur playing with fire.
I believe we have been through this.

if somth to do with coils, ud get missfire codes...u said there was no CEL involved, so.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:43 AM
Burning Brakes

wait...u ran the HBP straight up, without the F/IC? if so, ur playing with fire.
I believe we have been through this.

if somth to do with coils, ud get missfire codes...u said there was no CEL involved, so.
I installed the HBP (and clutch SC) on Friday but needed the car for work yesterday. I'm dropping the car off Tuesday for the F/IC and injectors.

I guess I'll just have to wait until then and see how it runs.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:09 PM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
I installed the HBP (and clutch SC) on Friday but needed the car for work yesterday. I'm dropping the car off Tuesday for the F/IC and injectors.

I would highly reccomend staying out of boost until you get it tuned. The HBP Was not make for our compression level. That pulley requires more fuel and free flowing exhaust.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:55 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts

Do not put your foot into it. Even if it doesn't blow up now, you could do damage that will show up 1,000 miles from now. You need injectors and/or methanol. IMO, you could do just the methanol and call it a day. There's your extra fuel, octane, and cooling. No need to do anything else. With this route, you have to train yourself to keep it full or to not go to full power if it's empty.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:58 PM
Burning Brakes

I have a meth kit already but there are still issues sometimes with the surge. I'm actually dropping the car off tomorrow to have the F/IC and injectors installed. Hopefully everything works out.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:42 PM
Instructor

The meth kit does not get rid of the surge. I've been running it and learned to drive light footed while waiting for the modified AEM harness to come back from NVA-AV6. It came today and does it ever look nasty (the good way). The FIC and the tune will happen on Thursday, so will see how things turn out
Old 11-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Burning Brakes

^^^did you pick up larger injectors too? good luck and let me know how it turns out.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:49 PM
Instructor

Nope. Just running the meth kit. That modified harness from NVA-AV6 looks simply amazing. Will see how things go on Thursday!

^^^did you pick up larger injectors too? good luck and let me know how it turns out.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:41 AM
313.4WHP& 284.6TQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so paul can make me a plug and play for the aem f/ic? I have a 06 tl s/c with hbp now. Has paul made a plug and play for thr f/ic for the 06 tl already?. Any idea how much it cost from paul $150? anyone have his email address?
thanks,
Michael
Old 11-29-2009, 04:13 AM
Team Owner

I have a meth kit already but there are still issues sometimes with the surge. I'm actually dropping the car off tomorrow to have the F/IC and injectors installed. Hopefully everything works out.
Of course, it won't get rid of the surge. I was just making sure you were running safe. As long as it's safe, you can work the drivability issues out later.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Instructor

paul does not make the harness; he modifies the aem harness. You need to buy the harness from aem and have it sent to him for the modification. Just send him a PM and he'll look after you

Originally Posted by mmcv6
so paul can make me a plug and play for the aem f/ic? I have a 06 tl s/c with hbp now. Has paul made a plug and play for thr f/ic for the 06 tl already?. Any idea how much it cost from paul $150? anyone have his email address?
thanks,
Michael
Old 11-29-2009, 02:14 PM
Instructor

IHC...clean out your mailbox...it's full
Old 11-29-2009, 02:18 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by c2pid
IHC...clean out your mailbox...it's full
Done.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:25 PM
Former Whyner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Bump!! Great info guys But honestly you guys have me feeling a little intimidated with all this info and things you need and stuff that can go wrong. This Meth shit is all new to me

I found a SC on the BM and im going to see it in 2 weeks and put a down payment on it, but after reading this I feel like Im gonna need another 500-1K more $$$ to get it running right and having safe boost.

I just feel like im ABOUT to bite off more than I can chew but ,with everyones helpful knowledge and (if worse comes to worse) Paul living about 3 hrs from me i cant help but to get it. I MISS BOOST!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Former Whyner

I hate this site LOL Lookie lookie what I found and I couldnt pass this up

Now i just need 2 more If i find another set ill sell the other 2 and same if someone has and extra 2

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...d=497491446017

Last edited by RonJonTL757; 01-06-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:29 PM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RonJonTL757
I hate this site LOL Lookie lookie what I found and I couldnt pass this up

Now i just need 2 more If i find another set ill sell the other 2 and same if someone has and extra 2

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...d=497491446017
link doesnt work, but i gather you got some injectors?? what kind are they??

and yes, buying a SC is the first step. be prepared to spend at least another 2k to get everything you need to run it reliablly

GL with everything.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Former Whyner

Originally Posted by 04accordcpe
link doesnt work, but i gather you got some injectors?? what kind are they??

and yes, buying a SC is the first step. be prepared to spend at least another 2k to get everything you need to run it reliablly

GL with everything.
on the link but they are 02 RSX-S injectors. They were 45.00 + 14.xx for shipping. I just need 2 more now

So 2K to get everything running right huh

On a 1-10 scale (10 best) what would u say is the reliabilty factor for the SC with all CT parts? My guess would be 8 cuz after all its made from CT...right??
Old 01-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Instructor

on the link but they are 02 RSX-S injectors. They were 45.00 + 14.xx for shipping. I just need 2 more now

So 2K to get everything running right huh

On a 1-10 scale (10 best) what would u say is the reliabilty factor for the SC with all CT parts? My guess would be 8 cuz after all its made from CT...right??
hehe...here a "conservative parts list" you'll need to run it reliably. this list is on top of the sc kit components, considering the kit is complete from ct:

- 51R battery. no surprise here since it was already outlined in the instructions
- meth kit from from snow performance or aem
- throw away that acm piggy back module from ct, and get a fic from aem or greddy. i have the aem, and i sent off the extension harness to paul to modify. there will a fee for that of course
- from you mod list, looks like you might need pre-cat deletes (paul will recommend this as well)
- a good tune

of course you can add the bigger injectors (you're working on that i see) and hbp. but hey, it's only $$$
Old 01-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Former Whyner

hehe...here a "conservative parts list" you'll need to run it reliably. this list is on top of the sc kit components, considering the kit is complete from ct:

- 51R battery. no surprise here since it was already outlined in the instructions
- throw away that acm piggy back module from ct, and get a fic from aem or greddy. i have the aem, and i sent off the extension harness to paul to modify. there will a fee for that of course
- from you mod list, looks like you might need pre-cat deletes (paul will recommend this as well)
- a good tune

of course you can add the bigger injectors (you're working on that i see) and hbp. but hey, it's only $$$
Thanks yeah Paul already told me that I gotta dump the Pro-cats o well i should recoup some of that money back selling those.

So where is the best and cheapest place to get the AEM FIC?

edit. ok i found some is there a specific model cuz there is one on Ebay for 202.xx FIC-8

Last edited by RonJonTL757; 01-06-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:08 PM
Instructor

Thanks yeah Paul already told me that I gotta dump the Pro-cats o well i should recoup some of that money back selling those.

So where is the best and cheapest place to get the AEM FIC?
any of the vendors here is good..excelerate or mrheeltoe.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:50 PM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

- a good tune

heres a few other things to add to list,

-good wideband a/f gauge
-boost gauge too

recommended upgrades,

-batter relocation kit (i think a must)
-better clutch (if 6spd)

RonJonTL757, nice find on the injectors. i was in a simular situation when i got my rsx-s injectors too. got a set from c lu b rsx, than needed 2 more which i found at a local junkyard for 25 a pop.

sounds like your setup will be very simular to mine. fi/c, meth injection, 310cc injectors, stock pulley (4-5psi) PCD's etc,.. with a good tune, you should be around 348whp like me