Old 09-28-2006, 02:29 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
will follow your thread and please read mine, hope we will find the solution,
otherwise that's worst spend 5k
Old 10-16-2006, 07:56 AM
Advanced

ok so i got a s-afc and the guy thats going to install it says to take off the ECU that came with the s/c...is that a good idea??
Old 10-16-2006, 04:15 PM
B A N N E D

I believe you could use the safc along with the ACM from comptech. All the SAFC does is modify the MAP signal signal to adjust fuel. The ACM from comptech already modifies the signal from the MAP sensor.

The ACM also filters the knock sensor and changes the VTEC activation point in which the SAFC could not do. So if you take out your ACM, you would need the VAFC in order to adjust the VTEC point.

Since you got the SAFC already, I believe you should hook it up along with the ACM from comptech.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:28 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Subscribed.....been thinking about this....not wasting good money like this on a supercharger if it is garbage. Would just assume trade off and get an EVO if thats the case...easier to make good power with that motor. COmptech really should listen to all the troubles people are having the fix em or look into a fix...but to me (with the selling of their R&D 3G TL vehicle)....I would say they abandonded the whole project and are now just maintaining sales on it...
Old 10-16-2006, 08:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
Subscribed.....been thinking about this....not wasting good money like this on a supercharger if it is garbage. Would just assume trade off and get an EVO if thats the case...easier to make good power with that motor. COmptech really should listen to all the troubles people are having the fix em or look into a fix...but to me (with the selling of their R&D 3G TL vehicle)....I would say they abandonded the whole project and are now just maintaining sales on it...
Mike I don't think you have to worry about this. There have been a lot of ppl on and off this forum who have had great success with the S/C. The only 2 cases, besides this one, are guys from Europe. I think their issues may have to do with different ECU setups on European models. Comptech has some of the best customer service I have seen. They suck with ETA's but they always take care of the customer. There has been a few cases on here with ppl who had things wrong with their TL's and after installing the S/C their problems were amplified. They thought it was the S/C kit but it ended up turning out to be something wrong with the car. However, Comptech has shipped out new ACM's, fuel pressure regulators, etc at their own expense to take care of the customer.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:02 PM
B A N N E D

I agree. I am actually very happy with the comptech supercharger kit. I believe it is a very well made and reliable kit for the TL. When we were installing the supercharger, the instructions were very clear and everything bolts up perfectly. It only took us one day to install and I was up and racing on the track one week later with absolutely no problem. Sure the A/F ratio is a bit on the rich side, but with no tuning options avalaible, it's always better to stay on the safe side.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:59 AM
The Boss

you're STILL having problems?!?!
Old 10-17-2006, 11:05 AM
Advanced

lol yes....now i have another problem....their is a clicking sound coming from the s/c!!!....i was at a red light, it turn green so i went...the car could not go above 10 MPH so i pulled over and got some gas. it took the car 5 sec to turn on then smoke came out of the exhaust and a clicking sound came(btw i hade a CEL) I took it to the guy that installed it and he hooked up the computer to see whats wrong and i got 13 counts of running to rich and a couple of counts of catalytic converter below error. so i took it to my dealer and they counld touch the car b/c of the s/c, but they told me it was the s/c making the sound. to tell u the truth i think the sound is coming from under the car. im confused.

RYAN COME TO MIAMI!!!
Old 10-17-2006, 12:27 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by Excelerate
There have been a lot of ppl on and off this forum who have had great success with the S/C. The only 2 cases, besides this one, are guys from Europe.
Not quite...the running rich issue has caused a couple (maybe a few) people to have cat damage.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Advanced

so should i install the s-afc? btw how much are new cats?
Old 10-17-2006, 09:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by chill_dog
Not quite...the running rich issue has caused a couple (maybe a few) people to have cat damage.
The TL runs rich from the factory. And yes if you over crush the FPR you can run richer than others. And some have run rich despite crushing it properly. I have only seen one person say his front OEM cat was damaged from running rich. I forgot his name but I think he had almost 70-80k on his car and 30k with the charger if I'm not mistaken.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:29 PM
Advanced

so i should put it on?
Old 10-17-2006, 11:02 PM
B A N N E D

if you can hook up all the correct wires and make it work, then the S-AFC should be able to help you fine tune the fuel which helps the engine to run with a more optimal air fuel ratio.

I am trying to hook up the E-manage which would allow for even more adjustment then the S-AFC.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:47 PM
Advanced

well let me update everyone...i just got new injectors and 1 day before they get installed, my motor blows! now i have to get a new one and they told me they could get one with 10k miles on it for 2,000. and the fuel controller didnt work. what should i do? should i sell the s/c and get nos or something?
Old 11-14-2006, 03:29 PM
The Boss

Originally Posted by amm1232710
well let me update everyone...i just got new injectors and 1 day before they get installed, my motor blows! now i have to get a new one and they told me they could get one with 10k miles on it for 2,000. and the fuel controller didnt work. what should i do? should i sell the s/c and get nos or something?
I will be the 1st one to say this. I really don't think you have a TL let along a supercharger. I think you own another brand of vehicle and is hoping to put bad words into comptech superchargers....

since August 2006; your first post about a potential problem on the S/C, you have not fixed it since It's been 3 months........ nice try...but I think you're just trashing the s/c all along...
Old 11-14-2006, 06:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
first of all, who is "they", also if you know your TL was running to rich or the s/c was having problems, why not take it off and leve the car stock until the parts arrive? Second, how did you blow your motor? third, the cats are about 1k for the needed. Fourth, did you call comptech and tell them the problem you were having?
Old 11-14-2006, 09:16 PM
8 second & 150 mph member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Your problems are solved!!!!!!! It was your motor the whole time. Sorry but no matter how bad it was running you couldnt blow it up with the stock pulley on the s/c unless you ran regular in it and never installed the acm. Good luck there poncho!
Old 11-15-2006, 03:03 AM
Advanced

well first, AcuraDriver2006 u could ask Excelerate if i have a TL with a s/c so lets not go their. 2nd "they" is Rick Case Acura they are certified comptech dealers. i didnt want 2 waste another $700 to take it off (bad mistake huh) My motor blew b/c their was no oil in my motor even tho i got it changed it 2 weeks ago. I had low oil pressure.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:08 AM
B A N N E D

lol.........well if you have no oil in your motor, then it has Nothing to do with the supercharger!
Old 11-15-2006, 10:50 AM
The Boss

well first, AcuraDriver2006 u could ask Excelerate if i have a TL with a s/c so lets not go their. 2nd "they" is Rick Case Acura they are certified comptech dealers. i didnt want 2 waste another $700 to take it off (bad mistake huh) My motor blew b/c their was no oil in my motor even tho i got it changed it 2 weeks ago. I had low oil pressure.
hmmmm........
Old 11-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AcuraDriver2006
hmmmm........
I like Rainbow Jimmies. Do you like Rainbow Jimmies?
Old 11-15-2006, 02:14 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by lookinco
lol.........well if you have no oil in your motor, then it has Nothing to do with the supercharger!
yes i no this...i was just telling people whats up. i was running to rich b/c of my injectors.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:04 PM

Who did the oil change? the same person who installed the s/c LOL. If you lost oil in two weeks you had a problem long ago. Or do your injectors spray oil and thats what caused you motor to blow. Rick case acura couldnt figure out the problem after THEY installed the s/c and your motor blew and there charging you $2000 for a used motor, they a comptech dealer that gets no support from comptech and allows the customer to drive there vehicle with it running wrong......HMMMMMMM something sounds like Good luck there sport thanks for wasting peoples time reading this thread.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:48 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by RYAN97812
Who did the oil change? the same person who installed the s/c LOL. If you lost oil in two weeks you had a problem long ago. Or do your injectors spray oil and thats what caused you motor to blow. Rick case acura couldnt figure out the problem after THEY installed the s/c and your motor blew and there charging you $2000 for a used motor, they a comptech dealer that gets no support from comptech and allows the customer to drive there vehicle with it running wrong......HMMMMMMM something sounds like Good luck there sport thanks for wasting peoples time reading this thread.
good old ryan whats up? Some stupid guy installed my s/c...i went 2 rick case b/c their on the comptech site...i went their 2 c if this guy installed it right, they told me it was installed right but my injectors were fucked up. so i told them to order me new ones and they did. at the same time i got my oil changed. week later i got this oil can light on and something was shaking in my motor. why the hell would i waste my time talking bad about the TL nor the s/c.....?
Old 11-16-2006, 03:39 AM
313.4WHP& 284.6TQ

almost sounds like the shop or person that put the s/c is stupid. If you got a problem after install of the s/c and you keep on trying to modify a broken car its just going to get worst. The shop sold you on a fuel controller and tells you to take off the acm which makes no sense since the afc cant do what the acm does. $2,000 for a used motor hell no way to much.. Cut your loss and go find a real shop or installer.. Soon you might need a tranny..
Old 01-29-2007, 09:42 AM
Advanced

ok even tho u guys think im making this up but im gonna update. I got a new motor in my car. rick case said that my supercharger made my car run way 2 rich therefore over heating my motor to blow it. im like NO WAY! so i made some calls and im dropping a lawsuit on them. i had to break in my motor for a week then i put my supercharger back in. im boosting 4 1/2 - 5 pounds now! i also put in the pro cats. i was gonna put in the boost cooler but we had no clue where to install the motor for it and the tank lol. anyone no where i can install them? Is it bad to install this? Also i was gonna install the UR sc pulley but he had his tool in his wifes car and shes was out for the day. oo and i put in a defi boost gauge. Quick question....i put in the comtech chip for the s/c..but i didnt connect the wires...what does thoses wires do?
Old 01-29-2007, 10:25 AM

1- Boost coolers have been degrading the procats quickly. If you still want to install it i mount the pump on the drivers side frame rail as far foward as posible. You need to remove the front bumper to get it there and you need to cut a small section off of the duct work in the bumper. You will not find a place to mount the resivior so what i do is remove the fittimg from the bottom of the tank and i drill a proper size holr in the bottom of the stock washer solvent bottle and install it in there. I install the fitting in the elbow leading into the intake. Do not mount the noozle before the throttle body. Use the smallest jet that is included in the kit. I would suggest going with the next size down but you will need to purchase it from snow. Your choice whether you want to install it.
2- Crank pulley has been debated on this forum planty of times. I will not give my opinion on this matter.
3- The esm that is included in the kit is the "piggyback" for fuel enrichment and timing control. The wire that you didnot connect are 1) map sensor signal wire to "clamp" map sensor voltage to the ecu so that it doesnt see boost, so if you didnt connect it you are running around with a CEL. 2) knock sensor signal wire. Esm controls ignition timing through the knock sensor signal, so i not connecting it you are running without any timing retard under boost. Good reason to gernade a boosted motor.
Your right on par for a second contastrophy. Why did you not install the ESM as stated in the directions is beyond me. But dont file a lawsuit on your ignorance. You will loose the case and make yourself look like even more of an ass.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:56 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

This guy HAS to be making this stuff up, have parents that have more money than time to give to raise their kid with sense enough to use his noggin', or this guy is completely LOST! I mean...that does not even make sense....I put this in...didnt connect the wire.....DERRRRR! I just got done blowing my engine up....DERRRR! OK....did you not say that you had the DEALER install the unit to begin with? Now you are messing with it....sure.....

Dude...this is what they saw as you were walking up at the dealership....

I mean really...you blew your motor up after having a supercharger on it, that the DEALER installed, you now have a rebuilt motor in it and you went ahead and slammed a supercharger on it again...YOURSELF this time....and you openly mention what you DID NOT do in the directions..man...this story reeks of fiction. And if it is true...no kidding...if it is honestly true.....I leave you this for not following directions and common sense....

We wont even get into the fact you are talking about tossing meth into a situation you dont have going in the right direction to begin with?
Old 01-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Advanced

giggle giggle guys....the dealer didnt install the s/c...scroll up and read. and i didnt install it myself. the 2nd time i had a guy that works at acura do it. im filing a lowsuit BC THEY CHANGED THE OIL IN MY CAR. MY MOTOR WENT BC NO OIL WAS IN THE CAR! cant u guys read? of course they blame the s/c. and i did have the box on the first time and i do have it on now...i just dont have the 3-4 wires connected bc i didnt have the instructions so the guy didnt connet them...yes that could sound stupid...
Old 01-29-2007, 02:33 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 217 Likes on 131 Posts
The next personal attack on this kid gets the ban....I still havent decided for how long yet...

Mike consider this a warning.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Advanced

lol all i wanted was a lil help...then i updated every 1 whats happening and they think im making this crap up.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:29 PM
OOOOOHHHHHH

So all is well with the S/C and you are no longer running too rich?
Old 01-29-2007, 04:11 PM
Advanced

yes all is good now
Old 01-29-2007, 04:24 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

giggle giggle guys....the dealer didnt install the s/c...scroll up and read. and i didnt install it myself. the 2nd time i had a guy that works at acura do it. im filing a lowsuit BC THEY CHANGED THE OIL IN MY CAR. MY MOTOR WENT BC NO OIL WAS IN THE CAR! cant u guys read? of course they blame the s/c. and i did have the box on the first time and i do have it on now...i just dont have the 3-4 wires connected bc i didnt have the instructions so the guy didnt connet them...yes that could sound stupid...
If indeed the dealer changed the oil in the car and didnt refill it with oil...that should have been apparent upon leaving as your oil light should have came on, and with no oil I would think it would be chiming as well? (not sure there). No doubt...if they didnt refill it with oil...they are definately liable for the damage therein. As for your mentions...no...I cant read...(lol)...some of these get so long you go by memory, and a page up of reading...so forgive me there. Now the question is....did they possibly leave the drain plug loose and it came out afterwards? That would answer a lot too. I would make sure you have mapped out all the answers to the common obvious questions though like the oil light, ect. to negate their arguement of co-negligence in driving it with no oil. No personal attacks there...just saying...I would be ready in advance to answer those types of things to make sure that the blame lies in their court. Cause I would think if it didnt have any oil in it...a car thats this advanced would be telling you something...ie "honda-nanny" would be screamin' at ya!, no oil pressure, low oil pressure, no oil, something?... No sure...never been in that situation.

What I would do is this...map out what you think may have happened as far as the oil change and answers to any question people might come up with. I might even use the forum for this use....that way you can best prepare yourself for the best defense and how to answer the questions beforehand.

Things like....

Oil Light Issue - why didnt it come on right away?
Possible Answer - they left the drainplug loose...came out later during a long drive and all the sudden...bam.

Among many others....just thinking....used to manage a chain of oil change places as a kid and remembering all the possibilities here....things we would be asking a client back then if that were to come up. I gotta get in the way-back machine though...cause wow...that was a long time ago! lol.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:33 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by trancemission
Mike consider this a warning.

Oh please! There...I helped the fellow....does that make Ethan happy? Group hug everybody? lol! Its all good dude! I see ya there in Live Messenger.....hiding behind that there red x'y thingy, sayin' your all tired and all! Dont act like you dont know me now.... Hey, at least I didnt have a pic of my car and signature in it too! You know how I am with that!
Old 01-29-2007, 05:33 PM
Advanced

after i got the oil changed their was no oil light on it came on 1 week later when i was driving on the highway...then when i came 2 a toll my car shut off. then i noticed all theses things in the motor. the noise i mean.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:15 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

after i got the oil changed their was no oil light on it came on 1 week later when i was driving on the highway...then when i came 2 a toll my car shut off. then i noticed all theses things in the motor. the noise i mean.
Fact is then, it very well COULD have been a loose drainplug which WOULD make it the dealer or whoever changed your oils liability. BUT...there would need to be no drainplug and a whole lot of oil underneath your car as a result. Were there no symptoms that showed up before-hand at all....no oil spot in driveway...nothing? If so....again...getting to loose drainplug issue....but if not...then it had to be somewhere else the oil went to....blew by the rings...something...cause a car with no oil driven daily would not last a week. Thats gonna be part of their arguement.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:38 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 217 Likes on 131 Posts
You know not to reply like this in threads. You also know not to bash members. But you still do, thinking you are to get some special treatment. You have now convinced Ron of your stupidity.

I would really think about how you will conduct yourself from this point forward if you still want to be a productive member on this site. Ill leave your posts there. So you dont think Im acting all high and mighty.

Take it to PM from this point forward.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
so if the dealer did all this work... and they are an authorized dealer of CT??? why aren't they paying for your new engine if they screwed up??? i think you need to talk to a manager and get to the bottom of this... best of luck...
Old 01-30-2007, 10:25 AM
Advanced

all the dealer did was look at the charger to c if this shop put it on right which they did and to change my oil

Quick Reply: S/c Help!