READ if you have UR pulley or XLR8 mounts

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
READ if you have UR pulley or XLR8 mounts

so i have never been so excited to have my car in the shop. i finally recieved my UR pulley and XLR8 engine mounts. if you guys could give me a quick few words on ur opinions on these product to get me more syked for the big day (thursday)
Old 07-27-2010, 02:05 PM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
Dont know what you're asking....
all the info is here to read and research.
ontop of those who recommended these items to you.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:13 PM
J36Twingt28r's,nextgt30r

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
both great mods for the money. next if u havent already should be j-pipe or pre-cat delete with catback exhaust.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:14 PM

^he's already bought the items. (the mounts and the pulley)
he's waiting for it to be installed on thursday.
again, i dont know what hes asking
Old 07-27-2010, 02:20 PM
Racer

i just want a quick few words from others who have purchased them. and yes ive read every review
Old 07-27-2010, 02:23 PM

if you've read the reviews....why do you need some quick few words? they are just going to say the same thing.

"made my car feel lighter."
"I can reach redline quicker"
because all in all thats what the pulley does.
im betting 1million doll hairs, that your response will be similar.

Be confident in your purchases. Humans have this great tool called the brain. we can research and make the best decision for ourselves and our purchases. you've read all the reviews and you obviously bought the items. Just wait till thursday and then come back and tell us your reactions/responses/complaints.

Last edited by justnspace; 07-27-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:29 PM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
if you've read the reviews....why do you need some quick few words? they are just going to say the same thing.

"made my car feel lighter."
"I can reach redline quicker"
because all in all thats what the pulley does.
im betting 1million doll hairs, that your response will be similar.
If you're wrong, can I get the doll hairs?
Old 07-27-2010, 02:45 PM

Sonnik, ive never seen soo many doll hairs before.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:01 PM
18psi

Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts
well I dont want to give you something to worry about but since you asked for feedback here it. My xlr8 front mount bracket snapped. the location where the tab mounts to the motor snapped off. It snapped right where the weld is. Im using a Innovative mount on the front now. IMO the mounting tab is too small. The innovative tab is twice the size of the xlr8 mount
Old 07-27-2010, 03:31 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
I had a UR pulley. I did feel a difference in responsiveness and smoothness especially on my 6mt in low rpms.

Ended up putting the stocker back on because I went FI and didn't want to chance it. I'll eventually be replacing the clutch with a lightweight FW and you shouldn't have both.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:51 PM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
Originally Posted by KN_TL
I had a UR pulley. I did feel a difference in responsiveness and smoothness especially on my 6mt in low rpms.

Ended up putting the stocker back on because I went FI and didn't want to chance it. I'll eventually be replacing the clutch with a lightweight FW and you shouldn't have both.
You're still on the stock clutch?????????????????
Old 07-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by libert69
well I dont want to give you something to worry about but since you asked for feedback here it. My xlr8 front mount bracket snapped. the location where the tab mounts to the motor snapped off. It snapped right where the weld is. Im using a Innovative mount on the front now. IMO the mounting tab is too small. The innovative tab is twice the size of the xlr8 mount
According to Rodney, who replaced the mount, it was due to install error why the tab snapped; either way you are the first one to have snapped the tab. And I offered to warranty it for you despite the possibility of it being installer error so not sure why you would keep posting this (since you've posted it in numerous threads). If the bolt that holds that tab was not tight (possibly it loosened up) then when the motor shifted it could slam against that tab and break it but it isn't going to break normally.

Virtually every single person that buys Innovative mounts has bushings that donut; I've done comparisons of our bushings vs Innovative's and ours are significantly firmer and more durable. Our mounts were designed b/c the Innovative design didn't work.

Last edited by Excelerate; 07-27-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:07 PM
18psi

Originally Posted by Excelerate
According to Rodney, who replaced the mount, it was due to install error why the tab snapped; either way you are the first one to have snapped the tab. And I offered to warranty it for you despite the possibility of it being installer error so not sure why you would keep posting this (since you've posted it in numerous threads). If the bolt that holds that tab was not tight (possibly it loosened up) then when the motor shifted it could slam against that tab and break it but it isn't going to break normally.

Virtually every single person that buys Innovative mounts has bushings that donut; I've done comparisons of our bushings vs Innovative's and ours are significantly firmer and more durable. Our mounts were designed b/c the Innovative design didn't work.
Well rodney was wrong and realized that after I showed him. It was installed correctly. The bracket rotated toward the motor and the tab was still bolted to the motor. I told you this in the pm I sent you with the pictures and you replied to it. Every bolt was torqued to spec at installation time and rechecked a month later. So there were no problems there

So this is the 2nd thread I made a post about this. Im not entitled to share my experience and thoughts on the desing of a product? Lets make it clear again. The mount was installed correctly so it was NOT an installation error. The bracket failed. Maybe just a bad bracket idk

Im still using your rear and side mount with no problems there

I just mailed you the broken bracket today. I agree your bushings are far superior to innovative. Myself and a few others just feel the mounting tab is too thin.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Well rodney was wrong and realized that after I showed him. It was installed correctly. The bracket rotated toward the motor and the tab was still bolted to the motor. I told you this in the pm I sent you with the pictures and you replied to it. Every bolt was torqued to spec at installation time and rechecked a month later. So there were no problems there

So this is the 2nd thread I made a post about this. Im not entitled to share my experience and thoughts on the desing of a product? Lets make it clear again. The mount was installed correctly so it was NOT an installation error. The bracket failed. Maybe just a bad bracket idk

Im still using your rear and side mount with no problems there

I just mailed you the broken bracket today. I agree your bushings are far superior to innovative. Myself and a few others just feel the mounting tab is too thin.
Sharing feedback is fine but the only feedback I have seen was negative. There are so many more positive aspects to our mounts and they weren't being mentioned. Additionally, I could see if you complained if I denied your warranty request. Thus, I feel the comment was unnecessary and not representative of the experience of the dozens of other people running our mounts. If that tab does become problematic we will rectify the issue. As of now an isolated incidence is not cause for re-design.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Cruisin'

Sharing feedback is fine but the only feedback I have seen was negative. There are so many more positive aspects to our mounts and they weren't being mentioned. Additionally, I could see if you complained if I denied your warranty request. Thus, I feel the comment was unnecessary and not representative of the experience of the dozens of other people running our mounts. If that tab does become problematic we will rectify the issue. As of now an isolated incidence is not cause for re-design.
Noob itt... fwiw... if sharing feedback is fine then if all he has is "negative" feedback then that should be fine. fwiw its not like he called you guys scumbags or anything, just gave his opinion. shows your passionate about your product but easily butt hurt to hear bad about it /rant (eff, ima be flamed now)

going to next thread now
Old 07-27-2010, 06:19 PM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
I'm running the mounts and they seem good to me. The vibrations take a little time to get use to but they are firm. No real break in like the inovative,starts stiff stays stiff.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:40 PM
18psi

xlr8, you need to read my feedback on your mounts in the original thread you made when these mounts came out. I gave a positive review after the initial install and then even more positive feedback about month or so later
Old 07-27-2010, 07:47 PM
2006 6spd

Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts
LOL...THIS THREAD IS GREAT...LOL

yall totally thread~jacked this guy!!! (AZ Drama I love it)...
and title is "{READ if you have UR pulley or XLR8 mounts}"
iiiii JUST GREAT !!!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 10:18 PM
Fear and Loathing in my

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Hi speed
I'm running the mounts and they seem good to me. The vibrations take a little time to get use to but they are firm. No real break in like the inovative,starts stiff stays stiff.
x2. I believe I have the 75, and the vibrations are fairly harsh and people also comment on them when in the car. It's the worst when the car is idling and the AC is on, but once you're driving, no vibrations.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:26 PM
Racer

good grief i feel like im on jerry springer. lol well im glad for the most part i got guys cooperating with me and i appreciate that.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:28 PM
2006 6spd

Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts
I am happy with my UR pulley by the way!!!
I forgot that's why i came in here...lol
Old 07-28-2010, 07:58 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Sonnick
You're still on the stock clutch?????????????????
Yep. It's holding up for now. No sense spending $1500 until I have to.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:59 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by newfrito11
good grief i feel like im on jerry springer. lol well im glad for the most part i got guys cooperating with me and i appreciate that.
Welcome to Azine!
Old 07-28-2010, 09:08 AM
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 290 Posts
newfrito11,

Here is something to be aware of when you first drive your car after the install. You *will* feel disappointed. But, don't be disappointed.

Your car may even feel slower. But, it is not slower. It really is quicker.

You will think "it rev's quicker". Correct, it does. It revs quicker because your car *is* quicker.

The pulley is not about HP gain. Thus, the dyno might not reflect a gain.

The pulley is about dynamic weight loss. The dynamic weight loss is equivalent to removing 100 lbs from the car. And, a 100-lb reduction in weight is good for 1/10 reduction (one car length) in your 1/4 mile ET. It is equivalent to adding 10 HP to the car in terms of the performance improvement.

The pulley is about dynamic weight loss. There is a weird, inexplicable phenomenon that happens when gaining performance via weight reduction. I can not explain how or why this phenomenon occurs! But from my experiences with removing weight from my car (from small chunks to big chunks), the phenomenon is real. When gaining performance improvements derived from weight reduction, you will feel *less* g-force after the weight reduction mod. Therefore, do not use the sensation of increased g-force (aka, Butt Dyno) to evaluate the performance improvements from the UR Pulley... it won't be there.

This inexplicable phenomenon is "at play" when people say "It revs-out quicker but doesn't feel quicker". I read this comment often in regards to the pulley. I agree that it does rev quicker. However, I do not agree with the attitude in which it is stated. It is implied that "yes, it revs quicker but the car is not quicker." Now, think about this for a second. How can the engine rev quicker without the car gaining the respective MPH too ??? The transmission gearing did Not change. It is quicker.

Do Not use the Butt Dynometer to measure the performance improvements from your TL Diet (click here)
Old 07-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Former Sponsor

xlr8, you need to read my feedback on your mounts in the original thread you made when these mounts came out. I gave a positive review after the initial install and then even more positive feedback about month or so later
I wasn't trying to be argumentative; I was just trying to clarify. I hadn't responded to that tab post before so I wanted to make sure it was clear that it was an isolated incident and we issued a full warranty.

Thanks for your support.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by KN_TL
Welcome to Azine!
thanks!

Inaccurate- thanks a lot for that write up. i understand it for the most part and i will deff pay attention to what u said.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:27 PM
Racer

Inaccurate wheres a list of your weight reduction?
Old 08-11-2010, 02:29 PM
'06 NBP TL 6spd

Inaccurate wheres a list of your weight reduction?
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-performance-parts-modifications-112/m-010-putting-tl-diet-update-links-post-1-a-610974/
Old 08-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
first mod done to the tl was a ur pulley from xlr8....great mod and you can definitely feel it going quicker...i don't have xlr8 mounts so i wouldn't know
Old 08-12-2010, 02:01 AM
Racer

anyone with xlr8 mounts.. when does the shaking settle down?
Old 08-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Advanced

Try reseting the idle if you get vibes when the A/C is on. Search or someone can fill you in.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I am taking it you do sales as positive feedback only does one thing and thats helping sales. Negative feedback (product or customer service related) even in an isolated case can help with future R&D development, different engineering approaches, metallurgical comparisions even if the end decision is the product is fine and no new product development is needed that it was a isolated case because its all constructive for the future for quality assurance through testing and may even help cut costs
Old 08-16-2010, 09:26 PM
Will they clear Brembos?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If this was Jerry we'd all be standing up accusing each other of fathering babies and pulling hair.

It really isn't that bad here. Hop on NASIOC for 10 min. to get a goooood contrast

I like the idea of the pulley and people seem to like the upgrade, sounds like a must when I get my timing belt done.