My home town.

Go Jags! I am a season ticket holder.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:58 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by quentinc25
My home town.

Go Jags! I am a season ticket holder.
hell ya! go jags!.....ahh well, better luck next season...haha!

CJ
Old 01-24-2007, 08:16 AM
OOOOOHHHHHH

Originally Posted by TeamXRSX
hell ya! go jags!.....ahh well, better luck next season...haha!

CJ
Ya, may be we can settle on a QB and make a run at the playoffs. If you need a TL with AT to test with let me know and may be we can work something out.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:14 AM
I like to whistle in my

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you are mostly correct. there are some issues with space for routing the manifold and some other issues under the hood. the ECU will be tricky but i got a fix for that. you will all be pleased if we can pull this off, i promise!

CJ
Correct. I say this because we already have seen a good layout on the 2nd gen AC's and the 7thgen Accords. Both and damn near the same. I personally believe that will be the easy part. I like your talk though..you seem to be on top of things right now. With other companies and people( including myself) we just tend to fall off. Mine for other reasons more than others but everyone has their own issues. I know regardless one day ima have a turbo'd TL if it's 1 2 3 4 years down the road.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:03 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by quentinc25
Ya, may be we can settle on a QB and make a run at the playoffs. If you need a TL with AT to test with let me know and may be we can work something out.
Yeah and hopefully we can get some better receivers.

As far as the turbo is concerned do you think a better fuel pump and fuel rail will be needed?
Old 01-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Eoanou
Yeah and hopefully we can get some better receivers.

As far as the turbo is concerned do you think a better fuel pump and fuel rail will be needed?
im sure the stock fuel rail will be ok as long as we keep the stock returnless fuel system. we may have to move to a return line fuel system and use a FPR. we need to see what the stock fuel system can manage before i could answer that. same goes for the fuel pump. we will basically have to max out the stock system and figure out its weak points, then go from there.

CJ
Old 01-24-2007, 05:20 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Any idea when you will get the project going, I thought you guys had offers for a project car.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I didn't know your cars had a returnless fuel system, give it a try, but i'm guessing that it would be better with a return line. The cl has a return line.

I also didn't know you guys had issues with a fmic. Although they "look cool" and do the job, there is another way that would help the performance and reduce the lenght of the ic pipes. Someone mentioned earlier that a water/air ic would fit under the drivers side frame rail, where the stock icebox resonator is, that is correct, one will fit there. That was an original plan i had before i bought allmotors setup. I even had one made . This is just ideas for you guys, here is a picture, if anyone wants it, shoot me a pm. There are a couple things I like about this setup.. one, stealth, no one knows what you got, the other is you can really shorten up the ic pipeing which will help in spool time.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

that is a decent kit you got there.

we are coming along nicely with research on the TL kit. have not gotten into prototyping yet. should not be too long. i will keep you guys posted.

CJ

WHOOHOOO!!!!

Time to start saving MORE money and asking for early access to trust fund! hahahah
Old 01-26-2007, 01:23 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would buy a turbo kit for my automatic 2006 tl in a heart beat, i asumed there was a turbo kit avalable when i got my tl and i was saad not to find it anywhere, i gave up on the car and was beating on it for about a year now this gives me a reason to take it easy on her untill i get some more juice in the motor!!! keep up the good work and lets get this kit produced while we still have the same configuration in the dealerships.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:46 PM
321 whp SAE

close this damn thread.. there will never be a turbo setup.. all talk.. never gonna happen.. talk talk talk talk talk talk
Old 01-26-2007, 01:52 PM
OOOOOHHHHHH

Originally Posted by bklynpanman
close this damn thread.. there will never be a turbo setup.. all talk.. never gonna happen.. talk talk talk talk talk talk
Thanks for the post! It keeps the thread at the top of the list.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Racer

^^^ lol

yea there is a lot of talk, but it is also known as research. Things don't just happen over night. This thread also can be used to motivate a company to start their own R&D for a turbo setup. You never know...
Old 01-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Instructor

hey, thanks for your interest! when you see what the J32A3 is really capable of, you will be punking out your comptech s/c. i guess your cool with your slight gains and poorly managed tune. even if a turbo kit never happened for the tl, the research done here will show you how tuning is really done and will prolly allow you for a real standalone tuning option to unlock the power hidden inside your comptech setup, should you choose to keep it.

now stop with the douchbaggery.

CJ
Old 01-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

hey, thanks for your interest! when you see what the J32A3 is really capable of, you will be punking out your comptech s/c. i guess your cool with your slight gains and poorly managed tune. even if a turbo kit never happened for the tl, the research done here will show you how tuning is really done and will prolly allow you for a real standalone tuning option to unlock the power hidden inside your comptech setup, should you choose to keep it.

CJ
i agree....and damn blkynpanman, you've been upset at a lot of things recently. If you have no interest in the turbo, then you don't have to post here. A few of us were interested in a turbo originally, but w/o the proper connections, and/or lack of time, we were never able to get any project started.

Thankfully, we have TeamXRSX here to help. He obviously knows what he's doing, and is interested in helping our cause, as well as providing a second option to the Comptech SC.

And, if he does, in fact, get a well tuned turbocharger, you can be DAMN sure that i'll be laughing when i see you in my rear view mirror. If not, then i'll just sulk in the corner hahahah
Old 01-26-2007, 05:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

CJ
I'm personally hoping something will come of this. I'm just a fan of this motor. What do you think you'll be looking at in the hp department?
Old 01-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 594 Likes on 457 Posts
dont get all upset that you dumped 4.5K for 65HP with no accurate tuning options, I am all for R&D discussions on a turbo setup. A new option would slap comptech upside the head and perhaps get them to perform.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:19 PM
I like to whistle in my

haha! this was funny
Old 01-26-2007, 10:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
::::::My Idea for an intercooler::::::

I know that i'm not the most technically experienced person, so go easy on me... like always, i tried some thinking outside the box and came up with this: looking at the sti, they use their intercooler above the engine... so i thought, can it be possible to do the opposite and put one below the engine? i know air flow isn't as great from below, but with todays technology and some good time and effort, many obstacles meet their solutions.... my theory is mounting an intercooler below the engine, and with custom built plastic shroud (or some other material) acting as vent that will direct airflow up towards the intercooler attatched. i do believe that the mitsubishi gs-x/gs-t models had their factory intercooler tucked away also (not sure where though...) also by having the intercooler out of the sunlight, it will keep it just that much cooler... i hope that my idea at least sparks a quick experiment for this project, here's a quick pic i drew..

Old 01-26-2007, 10:30 PM
313.4WHP& 284.6TQ

The gst/gsx mitsu has it stock in the front bumper behind one of the side open holes. I would assume down below would be a problem for lowered cars, and major damage depending how low it is. It might be possible to place a intercooler behind those black front grills??
Old 01-27-2007, 12:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mmcv6
The gst/gsx mitsu has it stock in the front bumper behind one of the side open holes. I would assume down below would be a problem for lowered cars, and major damage depending how low it is. It might be possible to place a intercooler behind those black front grills??
+1 for that. Lowered cars will definitely have a problem. I already have a problem w/ that black flap under the car scraping everything.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:07 AM
Suzuka Master

I think the ideal spot would be using a long narrow intercooler running right across where the C/T supercharger spindle sits and vented up through one of those thunderhill vented hoods.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
My drawing was kinda crappy, but i meant for the intercooler to be at like a 5-10 degree angle, with plastic shrouds that had some play in case you met a speed bump.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:43 PM
I like to whistle in my

i think the air to water cooler is the best one so far..especially after seeing the setup on the SVT turbo Contour. I had an idea a couple weeks ago but never posted it. I see if i can do a quick diagram.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Would we be able to pull off two small ones with the stock bumper?

I just don't get how were supposed to get past the the fact that our exhaust manifolds are welded on....I think that and the ECU are going to be the two biggest problems
Old 01-27-2007, 02:51 PM
I like to whistle in my

haha. yeh. that they same one I was thinking about. I just never posted it because the pipes would have to be like an inch/ inch and a quater. I just think there would be too much pressure drop over all but here is the pic anyway..i got a little carried away
Old 01-27-2007, 05:46 PM
321 whp SAE

CJ
ok dick.. 100+ hp is a slight gain? you are smoking something.. you can't squeeze much more power out of this motor with the internals that are present. . there will never be a standalone for this setup.. you think this is the first time a turbo or standalone has been discussed?? never amounted to anything.. never will.... get over it.. with my setup, you can't keep the wheels from spinning.. any more power is completely useless in this front wheel drive car.. think about it. ignorance is bliss i guess
Old 01-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

ok dick.. 100+ hp is a slight gain? you are smoking something.. you can't squeeze much more power out of this motor with the internals that are present. .

.. any more power is completely useless in this front wheel drive car.. think about it. ignorance is bliss i guess

I'm having a blast on my stock internals, and have almost doubled the bhp.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Instructor

Since when does the Comptech s/c give u 100hp gain? thought it was 60. Hey seriously why get in this forum if u not gonna be at least a bit positive and supportive. You know what would be the biggest slap in the face if a turbocharger does come through for our car and all the shit talkers that were doubting it are the ones envying it and waiting in line 2 get one. I support any1 tryina improve our car in anyway and trying something different cause if it aint for them then everyone on this forum would look like a bunch of dumbass with the exact same looking and performing car.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Meek32v6
haha. yeh. that they same one I was thinking about. I just never posted it because the pipes would have to be like an inch/ inch and a quater. I just think there would be too much pressure drop over all but here is the pic anyway..i got a little carried away
I like the idea of this set up. I have actually thought about something like this. But will it be good enough? And isnt there still a few other problems by what I read.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Infamous_Ghost769
Since when does the Comptech s/c give u 100hp gain? thought it was 60. Hey seriously why get in this forum if u not gonna be at least a bit positive and supportive. You know what would be the biggest slap in the face if a turbocharger does come through for our car and all the shit talkers that were doubting it are the ones envying it and waiting in line 2 get one. I support any1 tryina improve our car in anyway and trying something different cause if it aint for them then everyone on this forum would look like a bunch of dumbass with the exact same looking and performing car.
yeah wtf......blkynpanman's gotta get that sand outta his vagina. He has over 100+ hp b/c of all his mods, not just the SC.

Haters just keep hating.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Import and Domestic owner

OK. I am one of the few that knows what this motor can handle. I blew my motor with the supercharger and a 50shot of nitrous. The pistons are really weak on this car. Dont go too much over that. Again a lot lies in the tune also!!!
Old 01-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

you think this is the first time a turbo or standalone has been discussed?? never amounted to anything.. never will.... get over it.. with my setup, you can't keep the wheels from spinning.. any more power is completely useless in this front wheel drive car..
yeah you're right. this ISN'T the 1st time a turbo or standalone has been discussed, but it IS the first time someone's doing something about it. Obviously you can't apprecaite people's hard work.

And not every race is from a dig, some are from a roll. In this situation, wheel spin wouldn't be an issue (or so i think).
Old 01-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Instructor

I wanted to answer some questions people were asking. first and foremost, what kind of numbers are we looking at? well, once we get the properly matched turbo, exhaust ect. and are able to tune correctly the numbers we can get safely are really unknown, but to stay on the safe side with the stock bottom end, i would say around 350-400whp at around 8-12 psi.

I think a air to water intercooler is not the best option here. We want to keep installation simple and basically bolt on. There are plenty of intercoolr options, we will pick the best one(which looks like a intercooler in the driver side front wheel well where the stock intake resonator resides. There is plenty of air flow from the front bumper. The air is actually routed directly into this area from the front bumper. Again, we have not gotten that far yet. Two intercoolers(one on each side) could be cool, but not very functional due to presure drop across two cores. It would cause us to have to run a few more pounds of boost from the compressor to compensate for the pressure drop before the compressed air reaches the intake. Plumbing would also be super tight and possibly complicated.

Originally Posted by JJaber06
Would we be able to pull off two small ones with the stock bumper?

I just don't get how were supposed to get past the the fact that our exhaust manifolds are welded on....I think that and the ECU are going to be the two biggest problems
The intergrated exhaust ports that are cast into the head are different but in some ways brilliant. The hotter you can keep the exhaust gasses before you get to the turbine housing the faster the exhaust velocity, thus spooling the turbo faster and also lowers backpressure in boost. But what honda did it for was mainly emissions, by keep exhaust velocity fast and having the cat right off the head allows for faster cat light off thus lowering emissions. We can use this to our advantage. We could also prolly seriously benefit from porting/polishing the head.

The ECU issue is deffinatly an issue, but if you have been following this thread and other I have posted in, you can see that I have a very good working relationship with Hondata. I can't give you any details and neither will hondata....so please don't call them!! Its being worked out.....that's all I can say at this point. If there are people out there to get me/us a fully tunable ECU it is them. We will see what the future holds.

Keep hanging in there people........I will keep you posted.

CJ
Old 01-27-2007, 09:34 PM
B A N N E D

any hope of having a tunable ECU like the K-pro made for the TL?
Old 01-27-2007, 09:44 PM
Suzuka Master

ok dick.. 100+ hp is a slight gain? you are smoking something.. you can't squeeze much more power out of this motor with the internals that are present. . there will never be a standalone for this setup.. you think this is the first time a turbo or standalone has been discussed?? never amounted to anything.. never will.... get over it.. with my setup, you can't keep the wheels from spinning.. any more power is completely useless in this front wheel drive car.. think about it. ignorance is bliss i guess
Obviously there is no reason for you to view this thread. And your the one smokin somethin good if you think your getting 100 hp from 5psi of boost
Old 01-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by againstallodds1
OK. I am one of the few that knows what this motor can handle. I blew my motor with the supercharger and a 50shot of nitrous. The pistons are really weak on this car. Dont go too much over that. Again a lot lies in the tune also!!!
My understanding is that your motor blew cuz you sprayed with a faulty knock sensor
Old 01-27-2007, 10:42 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by againstallodds1
im orry to hear about that, but with all due respect......you were running a pigyback that was not propery tuning your engine and was releying on your knock sensor to retard timing becuase the piggyback was running over advanced ignition. now factor n20 in the mix and all you need is a significant detonation event and then boom. no piston would have stood up to that abuse. the power that can be made when properly tuned is much more than you think....trust me.

CJ
Old 01-27-2007, 11:01 PM
Instructor

ok dick.. 100+ hp is a slight gain? you are smoking something.. you can't squeeze much more power out of this motor with the internals that are present.
I assure you, my experience has shown me this....you are wrong. I will make more power just by using a turbo.....even if nothing else changed! Your so smart right? Then you would know that at same boost, the turbocharged engine will make more power, in identical engines. No factor in the proper ignition timing and correct afr's and there you go. Oh yeah, and I don't have the boost limit that your supercharger has.

there will never be a standalone for this setup.. you think this is the first time a turbo or standalone has been discussed?? never amounted to anything.. never will.... get over it.. with my setup, you can't keep the wheels from spinning.. any more power is completely useless in this front wheel drive car.. think about it. ignorance is bliss i guess
I know all about high whp fwd hondas. There is nothing you can tell me that I don't already know. Take a ride in my old 648whp turboed rsx.....then come back to me and tell me that anymore power than 320whp is useless....

I suggest you stop viewing this thread...if you don't like it...stop looking at it. If you are not interested in what I'm trying to do.....stop flaming. Even though what I'm trying to do will directly benefit you.

CJ
Old 01-28-2007, 02:02 AM
Suzuka Master

I think the thing that excites me the most about this thread is....... I dont think that Teamxrsx would be putting this kind of thought and time into this if he was not aware of Hondata's progress towards a tunable ecu or reflash coming soon. Because the plumbing and mechanical issues are solvable, its the ecu that has been the deal breaker.

Quick Reply: project: production TL turbo kit